Inevitable

Relinqueretur
 
 

A young family of three moved in to a mansion, at the suburbs of Seoul. It was the implication of the man’s lingered mother to have them live with her, since there were still a lot of spaces left in the house. At a short time, they finally decided to follow the idea instead of living the vacant condo in the heart of the city. Seeing that the best school in the country located closer to over-the-top residence complex, than to the downtown. It might the rightest choice to enroll the little boy there, a couple years later, as now he should get used of living in the distant surroundings.

Sehun visited a familiar man once he arrived in the place, wanted to show appreciation for everything that person had done of looking after his mother, when he was away. Donghae didn’t even get sensible of building his own household, as he was too committed for his job, being the chief guard of the manor.

“So, hyung… I probably will be around like always. I guess now it’s the time for you to mind your private life.”

The two fine guys were filling up the ambiances with laughter in the poolside saloon as the night sky had fallen that day. Beers surely are gentlemen’s best friend throughout some leisure time.

“Hahaha… But, young master—“

Years had passed, yet some things had never change.

“For hundredth times, please simply call my name, hyung… We’re already out from that ty organization, right?”

Sehun gulped down the third bottle of booze after stating that to the older.

“There are no words I don’t like from what you just spoken.”

Donghae cupped his drink to agree of what the former master said. That was true though. Sehun withdrawn from the stepfather’s society and took him along with. He didn’t want to take care of what had been left of the deceased. They didn’t have any more business with the people, although some things still remained in between. Talking about some inscriptions that already been marked on their body, also an issue that left from the time when Sehun did something he might never thought of doing, not even once in a lifetime.

“Hyung, how’s that stuff I’ve inquired you for some help? You know, the one that I asked quite a long time ago…”

The palest actually never forget about it, no matter what was he doing all the time ever since.

“I’ve arranged some people to have done that. They’ve began the work by the time you were here for your brother’s memorial. However, even until today, not a glimpse of light comes to it.”

“Really?”

Donghae nodded as he put a hand on the younger’s shoulder. “Sehun-ah, it has been almost three years. I think this is the time for you to truly let him go…”

“I wish… I wish, at least, he get an appropriate interment— ugh, I just wanted to see Jongin once more, although only his dead body—“

“Let’s pray someone had done it. Perhaps some locals found the corpse and buried him properly… Sehun-ah, we all have lost some important people in our life, and we couldn’t get them back no matter what… But, life must go on. What we do here as the people who left behind, is learning to let go. Someday you’ll get used to it, as time definitely will heal.”

Sehun looked down to his feet prior to breathed out a loud sigh, then looked back again at the older. “Maybe you’re right.”

 


 

Another month had passed by. Sehun merely got back from meeting some business partners downtown, when he visited two most beloved women in his life. The mother and his future life partner were occupied by preparing meal in the kitchen.

“Oh my dear boy is home…”

Sehun perceived the well-aged lady noticed his appearance first, while the girl he loved was so busy with the utensils.

“Hey mom…” The guy approached his mother as giving her a kiss on the cheek and an embrace. “What is she struggling hard for?” He pointed to Suzy who didn’t mind his arrival at all.

“She’s learning to make your favorite chocolate cake.” The mother answered as keeping an eye to a girl that she always desired to be her daughter-in-law. And soon that would be happen.

“Didn’t we always buy it from the patisserie?”

“Yes, but since I have much spare time now, why don’t we make it like I always did back then? I’ll pass the recipe to my prettiest girl...” She Suzy’s hair before gazing to her son again. “You remember the cake loved by you and your brother—“

Then an abrupt stillness occurred by the talks of the late. Sehun thought fast of a respond that wouldn’t make the situation get more saddened.

“Yeah, Kris hyung and I always fight over it until the last piece.” He simpered as embracing his mother more gently. “Well, I’m gonna call our regular shop for tomorrow…”

A person got offended of what the guy just said. “Hunnie, what’s that for?” She even stopped all the matter of making the batter.

“Um…” Sehun was ready to run from there before stated, “I don’t want the cake turns into disaster on my party!”

“Hey!”

The pale guy was already at the threshold when the girl wanted to spread some cake dough to him. The well-aged lady get amused seeing both of them acted somehow they were four, as if it was still in two decades ago. Sehun went to a room on the second floor afterwards. He always stopped by there every time he got back to the house, even after tiring corporate get-together. It was the little boy’s room.

“Kai…”

In a while, he fetched tiny feet were hiding behind the gigantic toy chest.

“I wonder where my boy is, hmm…”

He kept pretending that he hasn’t notice where was Kai hiding. The boy later rushed and climbed onto Sehun, who was bending over to seek under the bed. He turned around as holding the boy who was glued on his back.

“There he is!”

It was the common game they’ve always played almost every single day. Sehun accompanied the little boy until he was asleep, each time, by way of taking turns with Suzy. As the young lady sort of unavailable today, so it was his turn to play as well as teaching the boy how to talk. Kai hasn’t been able to utter his first word even though he’s already two. Not because he’s mute, but it was just a little late growth development. They already took the boy to a pediatrician, and said it was quite common. The pale guy’s mother later added that Sehun was like that too when he was little, and he grew up just fine. A little bit too fine, actually.

By the time Kai has to go to sleep, he always took his favorite knick-knack to join him on the bed after washing up. Sehun could never hide the smile every time the boy grabbed that same red toy car.

“You still like that the most, huh?”

He said as the child’s dark locks. The little Kai nodded excitingly, then he fell asleep in jiffy. Sehun never thought he would change this much just because a little boy that wasn’t even his. He never thought of being so cheerful, only in front of the kid, just because he wanted the boy to see him at the best mood on every occasion. Sehun pecked the little Kai’s forehead before leaving to his bedroom.

He spoke in his own mind. “Thank you for always making me feels that Jongin is still here.”

 


 

In other place rather far away…

 

A dark-skinned young man just got back to his place after the mandatory daily training, according what the society told him to. Those people had helped him survived some near death experience a couple years ago. A deep wound on his left upper limb got exposed once he took off the damp shirt. They said a bullet settled very near to his heart. Nonetheless, it didn’t reach it, that was why he managed to survive. Not so long after that, another young man got into his room, tossing some documents on the table. The tanned guy took it without delay.

“Ready for your first task?”

He gazed in flash to the other person.

“I guess I should kidnap a child…?”

He smirked, and the friend responded him.

“Yep, not a very hard thing to do. We’ll be going very early tomorrow at dawn, so packed all your stuff this evening.”

“Alright.” The darker one replied just before he held the other person with an interesting inquiry by kept reading the papers. “This kid name is…”

“Kai.” His much paler associate answered in flash.

“Huh?”

“Yeah, such a coincidence you two have a similar name.”

The tanned guy scratched the slight injury mark on his head, sensing something peculiar even so he was sneering. “Well, the joke is on me.”

However, he couldn’t recall anything since he lost his memory subsequent to the occurred incident somewhat a long time ago.

 


 

“Hunnie… Which one you prefer me to wear?”

Suzy showed her partner two choice of dresses she didn’t know which to put on for their garden party that early evening. The young man, who merely wearing his shirt eyed the lady from his side of walk-in closet across hers.

“Why women always get difficult picking an outfit?” But Sehun kept observing her selections with stare just like about to verdict. “The red one.” He answered.

“Ah…” The young lady followed his choice though. “I guess I’ll be the center of attention for the night.”

“What? You don’t like it? It’s our engagement formality, why should anyone take the spotlight? Not even people like Baekhyun or Chanyeol could steal it from us.”

“Admit it, Hunnie.. You can’t wait to meet them.”

“You think? I kinda enjoyed these past years being away from those two. Tao and the -looking Luhan as well. My life seemed so peaceful…”

Suzy giggled hearing what Sehun stated. “You such a liar. I can’t forget how excited you were when we chose to throw this event so that you can meet those guys.”

She startled when the young man was already next to her when she closed the dresser. Thus she asked him to zip the back part of the attire.

“I’m so delighted to be your official husband-to-be.”

He kissed the girl bare shoulder, before he wrapped his hands around her waist.

“Aw… My Hunnie is so sweet.”

“I love you.” He whispered, she replied him with a on his brown locks.

“Why do you so rarely replying those words that came out from me?”

Sehun pouted his mouth, pretending to be mad. Suzy smiled, over and above, turning around facing him and putting her palms on his face.

“Because you already know the answer.”

“Suzy-yah…”

“Yes?”

“Do you… Um… Never mind.”

“What? Come on, we always talk about everything… Remember, no secret between us.” She held his hands. Those things were true ever since they were still best friends.

“I… Uh… No… No.” Sehun briskly shook his head. “We cannot talk about this right now. Not at this kind of day.”

“Then you will still telling me after this, so why should delay it?”

Sehun had always been a poor fraudster, hence he couldn’t hide anything well, especially from his girl. “I’m terrified that you love him much more than me…”

Her face suddenly got tense, but she managed it to be at ease quick. Even though, the rapid-painful beating in her chest always recurring every time the talks of Kai got up to the surface. She looked deep to the guy’s eyes. The pair that always icy yet could turn so warm simply by looking at her.

“I’ve never loved you less than him. I know we both love and miss him so much, but…” She looked down to the floor for a bit, before going back to his scrutiny. Sehun noticed some tears were assembling on her eyes, therefore he wiped it gently.

“He’s gone... He will…forever be a part of my past, and now I have you with me. You who always been there, when I needed someone to rely on the most. There's no way I should love him more than I love you... She pecked the guy's thin lips. You know we’ve planned a great future together, right?”

Sehun regretted the moment he ever spoken those words earlier. He embraced the young lady so tight. “Come on, we have guests waiting for us downstairs.”

Suzy nodded as wiping some waterworks on her cheeks. “Thank God I haven’t put any makeup on, or it’ll get messed up because of you.” She teased the young man who was ready in his suit and about to go out from their room, to meet the visitants. Sehun smiled to his girl before he left the room toward downstairs and said,

“I don’t mind if you’re not putting any of it. One of my favorite is your just woke up face in the morning.”

 

The pale guy rushed seeking for a little boy in the spacious backyard of his family house, as he recognized the voice of crying Kai. He immediately spotted the child being carried on a petite young man near the small pond. The person whom he invited firsthand.

“Baek! What have you done to make him cry?!” Sehun abruptly took the boy from the bubbliest guy of his own group. He let the babysitter took Kai to his room as he was ready to put out his condemn to the buddy. Tao was already there in addition, ready to see some entertainment from those two.

“Sehun-ah... We haven’t met for years… I didn’t come to hear your nag—“

Not so long after, a giant came joining them with some refreshments.

“Whoa… What did I miss?”

Chanyeol asked the Chinese young man beside him.

Sogogi made Sehunnie’s boy weak—“

“Weep.” Even in the middle of receiving Sehun’s rage, Baekhyun still managed to correct Tao’s poor Korean. “Seriously, I would’ve worked on my speaking skill before I went back to this country if I were you—“

“Baek, I’m not done...” Sehun halted the bubbliest senseless babble toward Tao. Hitherto Chanyeol squeezed all of them at once with his big limbs and stopped the prattling.

“I miss you guys!”

“ the champagne, Yeol… It’s Tom Ford I'm wearin—“

“Please watch your language… We are all grown-ups now.”

Chanyeol snickered, barring his best partner-in-crime. Sehun eyed all of his old buddies.

“What?” Baekhyun was the one who noticed then asked him. A frank grin from the youngest sort of surprised the three stooges.

“I’m sure missed you guys so damn much…”

He enfolded each one of them, and then they settled in one of the unoccupied table.

 

“Yo, yo—“

“Hold on, no need to tell me who’s coming…”

Sehun turned around to welcome another longtime friend who came along with Lay. The other two invitees joined the youngers in the table.

“What a rare sight, seeing you showed up with a man.”

Chanyeol teased the prettiest guy on their table. Luhan scoffed hearing what his same college graduate has said.

“My date is in the restroom. Who says I came only with him?”

Luhan said, and the taciturn Lay just laughed on beside.

“You said you will be coming late.” Sehun stated to the older.

“Uh-huh…” The finest looking guy sipped his drink. “But, the flight was arriving pretty quickly, so I managed to get here sooner.”

“Ah…”

“Where's Xiumin?”

“The football season is just starting, that's why he can't come home. He sent regards to all of you.”

Luhan answered Chanyeol's inquiry.

“Sehunnie, is it okay for you to stay here with us? You have so many other guests too…”

Baekhyun asked the party host later on.

“Urgh… Those are my business partners, I’ve had enough time of meeting them beside today.”

The petite guy just about to reply the palest when he detected some familiar façade moving toward their spot. “Mayday, mayday…” He signed to the other fellows yet none of them understood him. “Oh God, this is going to be so awkward…” He mumbled.

Chanyeol was the next to observe what his pal had seen. “Oh…”

Sehun sensed his shoulder touched by a soft hand, it was Suzy’s. She apparently came along with Krystal. Without everyone have expected, Luhan was the man who arrived with her. The party host actually somewhat knew that they would be coming together, as he was the one who invited them. In addition he knew they both sort of got friendlier since they met in the States, the pretty young man told him that.

“What took you so long in the restroom?”

“I met her when I got out.” Krystal pointed her best-girl-friend.

“You guys are…?” The nosy Chanyeol inquired those two about their relationship.

“Of course not!”

“Hey… Wait until you get it why girls always fell for me.”

“You wish. Okay, enough for the titter-tatter…” Krystal said, then she gazed to the couple. “Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you!” She squeezed Sehun and Suzy in the same time, the rest were eyeing them fairly uncomfortable. But then they knew, the girl always confronted everything with such bright attitude.

 

Sehun later excused himself to meet his other companies, until he observed a very familiar person standing quite far, yet he still knew who it was. Without doubt, Sehun rushed to chase for that figure until he reached the shadowy field near the abandoned Dojo that used to owned by Kris. It made him realized that there was no way his bestest friend has returned from death. When the pale young man was back to the main location of the night, he perceived his chums were not in their earlier spot. He asked straightly to Baekhyun who he met at the outset.

“What’s wrong, Baek?”

“Um…” The loudsy hesitantly eyed to the youngest. “I think your boy is kinda missing…”

However, Sehun chortled by hearing that. “Sometimes, I just didn’t get what your joke is…”

“No, Sehun-ah… I’m not kidding…” Baekhyun tried to convince the younger that he wasn’t fooling around that time. In some way, Sehun finally believed him.

“Where’s Suzy?”

“She went inside…”

Sehun certainly dashed toward the main building to find the little boy he loved more than anything.