When he misses a shot

Luhan One Shots

 

 

 

You were woken by the by the soft rays of sunlight coming through your bedroom curtains. You repeatedly squint your eyes until you finally adjust to the brightness. As you sit up and stretch you look to the opposite side of your bed and find it empty.

 

That's odd, you think to yourself. He usually sleeps in on weekends. Unless...

 

You exit your room and head down the hall to where the other bedrooms in your house were. You open one of the doors and find the room uninhabited, making you chuckle. "That's where he went."

 

You close the door and go down the hall to another room. Quietly you open the door in case she was still asleep. But as soon as you open it two arms hug your legs, almost causing you to fall over.

 

"Umma!" 

 

You bend over and pick up your little girl. "Wow, even you're up?"

 

"Noisy," she says with a frown, covering her ears.

 

"Noisy," you say in a confused tone. She points at the window of her room, the bright sun streaming through the gap in the curtains. You walk over with her in your arms as you both examine the noise maker outside.

 

"GOALLLLLLL!"

 

"What? That doesn't count, I wasn't ready!"

 

"Noisy," your daughter says again and she was right. The window was completely closed yet you could clearly fear their voices from outside.

 

Your daughter covers her ears and turns away from the window, resting her head on your shoulder. You chuckle at your daughter's reaction when suddenly a flying object hits the window, creating a loud bang. Cries erupt from your daughter and you bounce around, trying to calm her down.

 

You look out the window and see Luhan and your son staring back at the window in fear. You smile at them and mouth 'everything's fine.' A relieved looks wash over Luhan and your 10 year old son. Luhan smiles at you and waves you to come out.

 

You shake your head in disagreement, but he doesn't give up. He says something to your son and he nods, agreeing with whatever his father was saying. You see Luhan count to three with his fingers and in unison shout "Come out Umma!"

 

You laugh at their actions, which cause your daughter to only cry more. You bounce around to calm your daughter down as you give your son and Luhan a disappointed look through the window. You bring your finger up to your mouth as a signal for them to be quiet and they nod solemnly. They continue to kick the soccer ball around quietly, their heads down.

 

"Geez, both of them are such bad sports. Huh, sweetie," you say, trying to make your daughter raise her head from your shoulder. She finally raises her head, eyes swollen red and face wet with tears and snot. 

 

"Aw, let's clean your face honey," you say as you grab a baby wipe from the changing station and wipe her face off. After you finished wiping her face off, you leave her room with her still in your arms. You take her down the hall to your room and place her gently on the bed.

 

You give her a gentle smile and rub her face. "Maybe if you sleep in here it won't be as noisy," you say. Your daughter lightly nods, her eyes already drooping. You kiss her forehead and quietly close the door.

 

"Now then, about those noisy boys."

 

~~~

 

You changed out of your pajamas and put on one of your old university t shirts and track shorts. It took you a while but you also managed to find your old soccer cleats.

 

"Ooohhh, oppa likes," Luhan says when you get into the backyard. 

 

You spin around and pose. "It's been a while since I've worn my y athletic wear."

 

He approaches you and looks you up and down with a heavy glare. "Well I definitely think you should wear it more often, especially these shorts," he says and squeezes your bottom.

 

You push him away in shock. "Luhan! Not in front of our son," you say and you both look at your son. He's standing in the middle of the goal with his hands covering his eyes.

 

"Did you see that, honey," you ask. He moves his fingers so you can just barely see his eyes and gives a quick nod.

 

"Well, better he witness it now than later. He's a growing boy," Luhan says with a shrug. You turn to your husband and slap his arm.

 

"We're out here for soccer, not a health class," you say sternly. Luhan pouts and slouches his shoulders, making you giggle.

 

Since Luhan wasn't paying attention you quickly run to the soccer ball and dribble up to the goal. "Yah! I'm not ready," Luhan yells behind you. You quickly take a shot and it flies past your son and into the net.

 

"GOALLLLL, " you yell as you run circles around Luhan. Luhan smiles as he watches you run around. 

 

"Beat that," you say when you stop next to him.

 

"Psh, let the manly man show you how it's done," he says with a smug grin. Our son passes him the soccer ball and he places the ball delicately on the ground. He stands back up to examine his ball placement, but shakes his head in disagreement and goes back to moving the ball again.

 

"Any year," my son yells from the goal. Luhan stands back up and puts his hands on his hips in disbelief. "Ok, ok. Geez, good shots don't just require a good kick."

 

He slowly backs away from the ball and takes a deep breath. He quickly runs at the ball and kicks it.

 

CRASH!

 

"Haha, oooh dad you're in so much trouble!"

 

Luhan’s kick completely missed the goal and went straight into your potted plants, smashing a lot of the vases. You slowly walk over and stare at the once beautiful potted plants that were your pride and joy in the backyard. But now they were crushed into pieces of pottery, clumps of dirt and broken flowers.

 

"Oh my gosh, ________. I'm so sorry," Luhan says behind you.

 

You turn around and see Luhan standing with his head hung low. You slowly walk up to him and wrap your arms around his neck. He looks up at you with a sad frown, while gazing into his beautiful eyes you give him a sad smile. "It's ok Luhan. It was bound to happen sometime. I mean, I have soccer players living in my house," you laugh. "Things are destined to break."

 

Luhan returns a bright smile and caresses your cheek, gazing into your eyes lovingly.

 

"Yuck, get a room!"

 

You and Luhan whip your heads towards the direction of the goal and laugh at your son, once again covering his face to avoid your mushiness.

 

"But there’s one thing that I know definitely won't break in this house," Luhan says when he calms down from laughing.

 

You look up at him and smile. "What?"

 

He wraps his arms around your waist as he whispers in your ear. "Our love."