When you go out with him as a dare part 3/3

Luhan One Shots

 

Requested by eunjung99

 


You slowly trudged into class, your eyes barely open from lack of sleep. You plopped yourself down in the seat next to Tori and she looked at you with concern. "Geez, __________. Are you okay?"

 

In truth, you weren't. You stayed up late, heartbroken from the words that Luhan had said to you. You didn't know why it bothered you so much since you had never actually talked to him before yesterday, and you knew there would never be a chance of you ending up with him.

 

But the way he had treated you the day before totally boosted your hopes. The way he conversed with you, the way he looked at you, all made you feel special and like the luckiest person in the world. But all of that was crushed with one word. "Friend."

 

"I'm fine," you reply to Tori with a fake smile. "Just stayed up late studying."

 

She rolled her eyes. "As usual." She suddenly broke into a smile and grabbed your arm. "So how was your date with Luhan yesterday?"

 

Your heart sank at the mention of his name. "It was fun, we had a good time," you say with lack of enthusiasm. Tori's brows furrowed from your reaction. She expected you to be a lot more energetic about your response. "What happened?"

 

You shake your head. "Nothing, I just got my hopes up too high," you sigh and you rest your head on your palm.

 

Tori looks at you with a concerned expression. She was really confused as to why you were so upset. She had talked to Luhan after the two of you ended your date and his response was much different from yours. In fact, she was almost certain that the two of you would be officially dating based on what he told her.

 

Tori stands up, startling you. “Tori? Class is about to start,” you say. She looks down at you and smiles. “Don’t worry, I’ll be right back,” she says and runs out the door.

 

You furrow your eyebrows, confused as to what Tori could be scheming now.

 

~~~

 

The bell finally rings for the end of class and everyone jumps out of their seats, thankful that the school day is finally over. You turn to Tori and smile. “Wanna go to the library and study? Finals are coming up soon.”

 

She grabs her bag and gives you a sad smile, “Sorry _________, I’ve got to go straight home today. I have to feed my cat as soon as possible.” She quickly shuffles out of the classroom, leaving you with your mouth hanging open. You knew Tori didn’t have a cat, so you were shocked that she would leave with a lame excuse like that.

 

You remind yourself to text Tori later about it and continue to make your way to the front of the school. You decide to just go straight home since you didn’t want to study in the library by yourself.

 

As you make your way to the front of the school, you look out the windows in the hall and notice the large dark clouds that had formed in the sky. You didn’t expect it to rain so you didn’t bring an umbrella just in case. Great, you think to yourself. Walking home alone in the rain, spectacular.

 

As you head out the door you notice someone out of the corner of your eye waiting by the door. “__________-ah!”

 

You turn around and your heart skips a beat. You recognized the voice, but you weren’t actually expecting it to be him.

 

He jogs up to you and gives you one of his model-status smiles. “What are you doing here, Luhan,” you ask, extremely curious as to why he would be here. You knew that he usually would leave with his friends right after school.

 

He chuckles. “I was waiting for you, silly,” he replies. He looks you up and down and his forehead creases. “You don’t have an umbrella?”

 

You let out an awkward laugh and look at the ground. “I wasn’t expecting the weather to suddenly change like this so I didn’t bring one.”

 

He shakes his head and pulls out a small umbrella from his bag. “Lucky for you, I have one. I’ll walk you home in case it starts raining,” he says and he begins to walk away. You stand still and don’t move, still completely confused as to what Luhan was doing here. Based on what he had said during your “date” with him, you were almost positive that he didn’t want anything to do with you.

 

“_________?” Your head shoots up and you see Luhan a few meters away from you. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I don’t get it,” you reply quietly, shifting your body to face him. He gives you a confused look. “What don’t you get?”

 

You look back at the ground, avoiding Luhan’s gaze. “Why you’re here, with me. Why you’re here with someone like me, someone you don’t even like.”

 

You feel Luhan’s hand grab your arm and you look up at him. “Why would you think that,” he asks with a stern look on his face. You look into his eyes and his expression softens “Who said that I didn’t like you?”

 

Your eyes widen and you feel your face flush. “Uh- Well I...” You stumble on your words, shocked by what Luhan had just said to you. You look at the ground. “W-well during our fake date the other day you said-”

 

“The date wasn’t fake.” Your head shoots up and you see Luhan’s head turned away, showing his slightly pink ears. “Even though the date was a dare, I was extremely nervous.” He turns his head towards you. “Because I like you, __________.”

 

You hear the blood pumping hard in your ears, your heartbeat quickening up from the words you had just heard. You weren’t sure if this was just a dream or some other illusion, but you were full of happiness from the things you had just witnessed.

 

“I like you too,” you say quietly. Luhan’s face breaks into a wide grin, “I know.” You scoff and shake your head. “It was Tori wasn’t it.”

 

“Yup,” he replies. “She told me everything.” The two of you lock eyes and you see him slowly inch closer to you, until you feel something small fall on your head. Then another few taps, until it grew into torrents of rain falling from the sky.

 

You and Luhan laugh and he opens up his umbrella, sheltering the two of you from the pouring rain. He wraps an arm around your shoulder and pulls you close to him, making sure to keep any rain from falling on you. Suddenly you feel a warm sensation on your cheek for a quick second.


You glance at Luhan and see his cheeks turn even redder than before, and you suddenly realize what he had done. He chuckles nervously, “So, how about we head out for a second date?” He looks at you and smiles, and you grin back. “That sounds great.”