When you go out with him as a dare part 2/3

Luhan One Shots

 

Requested by eunjung99

 


You run as fast as you can to the front doors of the cafe, occasionally bumping into people as you scurry to the meeting place. You couldn’t sleep at all last night because of nervousness, but also because you slept over at Tori’s and she kept you up so she could plan out what you would wear, how you hair would look, etcetera.You ended up waking up late, ending up with you having to rush to where you were going to meet Luhan for your date.

 

Even though it was a dare, Luhan still went along with it and didn’t object Tori’s request. He gave you a time and place to meet him, so you couldn’t do anything except go along with it. When everyone had left the house, you chased her around the room for 15 minutes, angry for setting you up with Luhan like that. You didn’t like the dare at all, but no one listened to your objections.

 

When you got into the cafe, you looked around hurriedly to find where Luhan was sitting. You smile when you see him waving you over from a table next to one of the windows. You jog over and plop yourself down in the seat across from him, out of breath from running so fast.

 

"I'm so sorry for being late," you say in between breaths. "I accidentally slept in." Luhan chuckles, "Don't worry, it's fine. I was late too actually, I just got here."

 

You smile and an awkward silence envelopes the two of you. Neither of you knew what to say next and you sat there silently, playing with your hair as you looked over the menu. I wonder if he's as nervous as I am, you think to yourself. You sneak a glance at Luhan and see him texting on his phone, disappointment filling you as you turn your head to stare out the window. No, of course not. He wouldn’t care to be with someone like me.

 

Luhan looked up from his phone after he saw you turn back to face the window, the view of your side profile making him stare at you for longer than he expected. He was interrupted by his phone once again buzzing from an incoming text from Tori.

 

How’s it going?

 

It got awkward really fast... She hasn’t talked much.

 

Ugh, that’s to be expected. Why don’t you start a conversation with her since you’re the one that is taking her out?

 

And remind me again why I had to take her out on a date? I have other things to do you know...

 

Didn’t I explain this to you yesterday? You saw how she was acting at the party, she doesn’t know how to socialize and needs to get out more. And I think that getting her to go out on a date with someone is a really great way for her to become more social!

 

Fine, I understand perfectly. But why did it have to be ME?

 

A few minutes passed after Luhan sent the text and Tori still didn’t respond. Luhan gave up on a response from her and decided to take her advice and try talking to you. “So what things do you like to do, besides going home everyday and studying?”

 

Luhan’s sudden question made you jolt in your seat since you were used to the silence. You give him a shy smile, “Well, I spend so much time studying that I don’t really do very much else.”

 

Luhan gives you a solemn nod and silence once again envelopes the two of you. You didn’t want it to become awkward again so you decide to continue, “But I also really like singing and playing the guitar. I guess those would kinda be considered my hobbies.”

 

Luhan’s interest shoots up when you mention singing. “Really? I like to sing too, I’ve always loved music.” You smile and nod your head. Luhan returns a grin and leans in towards you, causing your heartbeat to quicken. “Maybe you can sing a little for me?”

 

Your eyes widen at his request and you shake your head forcefully. “Oh no no no, I don’t sing for other people, especially in public,” you say quickly. Your action causes Luhan to smile. She’s actually kinda cute, he thinks to himself.

 

“What about you, can you sing for me,” you suddenly ask. In your mind you slap yourself for suddenly asking the question, but you were really curious to how he sounded when he sang. He chuckles and raises his eyebrow. “If I sing for you, will you sing for me?”

 

You frown from the bargain he offers. You had never sang in front of anyone except for Tori and you weren’t sure if you were actually good or not, despite the fact that Tori thought you were amazing. However you really wanted to take this opportunity to hear Luhan sing so you gave in to his offer. “Fine,” you mumble.

 

Luhan smiles and leans over the table, his face inches away from yours causing your heart to race once more. “I’ll sing quietly okay,” he says softly, and he begins singing his song.

 

When you heard his voice escape his mouth, it took your breath away. His tone was gentle and soothing. He was singing a ballad, which made you love it even more since you were a er for sappy ballads. His voice calmed you down and made you drift off into a state of peace, causing you to fall for him even more. You had no idea that he had the voice of an angel, and you were glad that you agreed to make him sing.

 

When he finished you clapped enthusiastically. “That was so good,” you say. Luhan chuckles and rubs the back of his neck. “Yeah, I haven’t sung in a while. But now it’s your turn,” he says as he rests his chin on his hand, waiting for you to begin.

 

You shift in your seat as nervousness starts to take over you again. You knew there was no way that you were going to top his singing. But a deal’s a deal, so you began.

 

As you quietly sang, you watched Luhan’s reaction. His eyes widened when you started and automatically your heart sank. You were sure that he was shocked at how bad you were singing and you tried your best to continue. When you finally finished, Luhan was silent. He didn’t react and he had a shocked expression on his face.

 

You look out the window, “It was pretty bad, huh?”

 

“Absolutely not!”

 

Your head swings back to face Luhan and he gives you a reassuring smile. “It was beautiful, __________. You are really good at singing,” he says, causing your cheeks to burn. You smile and thank him for the compliment as your waitress finally brings your food to the table.

 

The rest of the afternoon became much more comfortable and no longer did the two of you have awkward pauses in between topics. The two of you shared more information about each other, and while he talked you intently listened, taking in every detail as if you were studying.

 

You were happy that you ended up going on this date with Luhan, even though you knew that it wouldn’t change anything between the two of you. The date was set up by a dare, which meant that it was all forced, no feelings involved even though you had feelings for him.

 

However, the way he became more comfortable around you gave you hope that there might be a chance he liked you. The way he reacted to your singing especially boosted your confidence and helped you open up a lot more to him. The thought of him liking you made your heart flutter.

 

“Oh shoot, I’ve gotta go,” Luhan suddenly said as he checked the time on his phone and got up from the table. He put a few bills on the table, “Here’s the payment for the food, I’ll pay for all of it.” You smile and thank him for his generosity, “It was fun. Even though it was a forced date, I still enjoyed it.”

 

He chuckles at your comment. “Yeah, I’m glad I found a friend that has similar interests as me! Anyway, see ya at school,” he says and exits the cafe.

 

Friend.


That word rang through your mind, crushing all your hopes from before.