Ineffable

Mr. Landlord
"when did you come in?" I said, being in shock.
 
"just," he continued, "so who was it?"
 
"my mum, she suddenly called me and asked how I was doing" I said without being suspicious. great job, kris.
 
((the next day))
 
I woke up ealier than the rest to meet soo man. I got changed before I head out quietly.
 
I walked to his office and knocked his door. 
 
"come in," he said behind the door. I opened the door and entered.
 
"oh, kris. what a surprise visit! why are you here for?" 
 
I sat on the empty chair opposite him.
 
"I have a friend, she's really want to be an idol and I want to help her get her dream"
 
"sure, but how is she that special to go through you than the audition?"
 
"audition doesn't take place this year, and there are too many people to compete over. and because as a friend, I'm making her a priority one."
 
"I'll see then, give me her resume"
 
"I'll ask her to email me tonight, thank you!"
 
"she still have to got though an online audition"
 
I nodded my head. "I'm sure she will be willing to do that. she's very hardworking" I said before I left.
 
I called si once again.
 
"hello?" I started the conversation.
 
"oh kris! I was about to sleep! why are you up so early today?" her voice sounds hoarse.
 
"yeah, for you" 
 
"what do you mean?" she coughed as she cleared .
 
"I just talked to soo man. I guess you're gonna get your dream soon"
 
"what do you mean!" she repeated again, but more alert this time.
 
"I asked if you could have a private online audition. he allows to have a online audition if you want to be a sm trainee. you have to give me your resume though-"
 
she screamed into the phone. "oh my god... are you serious?! I love you, kris!" I could hear her jumping.
 
"yes yes, email me your resume. get down to business, babe" I smirked before I hang up.
 
she was so quick. I bet she was so eager. I received her resume 5 minutes after I hung up. I chuckled to myself.
 
I went back to the office again.
 
"this is quick" soo man said.
 
"she's just eager, I guess" I chucked once again.
 
there were only silence when soo man was looking through her resume.
 
"I will contact her tonight. tell her that. I will plan a schedule to have online audition and if she pass it I may allow her to train in canada by herself, and when she gets a spot in a new group I will call her months before the group debut so she could at least get used to her members and record their debut album"
 
"thank you! I don't know what to do to repay you, mr. soo man" I said gratefully.
 
"I treat all of you guys like my sons, and daughters, you two just do well and don't make me disappointed is a repayment already."
 
I bowed 90 degrees before I leave the room and head back to the dorm.
 
"where were you?" luhan asked.
 
"I went to soo man's office and talked to him."
 
"about what?"
 
"thanking him for me to go to canada? and asking if I could go back to Canada again during christmas?" I lied.
 
"so were you allowed to?"
 
"no" I chuckled mentally.
 
I fished out my phone from my pocket and texted si.
 
"kris: good morning babe. soo man likes your resume and he's gonna contact you soon."
 
si's pov
 
((next morning))
 
my phone was blinking and I knew there was an incoming text. It was from kris. I read it and immediately set my ringtone to the loudest.
 
while I was eating breakfast, my phone rang. 
 
I answered after it rang once.
 
"hello," I said as polite as possible.
 
"hwang si yoon?"
 
"yes."
 
"this is lee soo man. you know that kris helped you all this while right?"
 
"yes,"
 
"you are really lucky to have a friend like him. anyway, I approve your resume since you did choir in elementary, band in high school and have been a ballet dancer since young. can you speak good korean?" 
 
"not really, I am taking korean as third language now in university"
 
"okay. I want to schedule a time to have the online audition. the system is a little different from an ordinary audition. you have to sing to any song of the sm groups. is that okay, one week for you? you can give up now"
 
"I can do it, sir." I said.
 
"good, I like your determination. 
 
"exo will watch your dance so you would have to dance to growl. however, kris will be not included since he was the one who introduced you to me. if they all like your dance you are half done with the audition."
 
"yes"
 
"okay, so remember I will contact you one week from now." he said as he hung up. 
 
I called kris after I ended my conversation with soo man.
 
"kris!" I cried out after I don't hear the ringing tone.
 
"what did he say?"
 
"he makes things so complicated for me! this audition is much more pressurizing than I thought. I have to sing any song but only from the sm company and I have to dance to growl and the group have to see it! however you wouldnt be able to see it because you know me. he even asked if I would like to give up! is he just testing me?"
 
"chill. he's probably doing this because you're the priority one. his expectations is just higher. he just wants to see your determination."
 
"what if I failed? what if the members fail me? you can't even tell them, if not they will find out"
 
"I know. just do your best. I know you can do it. that's why you are my girlfriend" wow, just one sentence my mood changed from being all worried to now, blushing like mad.
 
"I know you're blushing" kris interrupted me.
 
I giggled. "stop it! okay I have to learn your growl dance choreography now, bye!!!" I emphasized as I hung up. 
 
time to learn growl now.
 
((one week later))
 
no one's pov ((1st time lol))
 
"call the exo members here except kris" soo man said to the exo manager.
 
after a few minutes, exo went into soo man's office. they bowed to him politely. soo man just nodded.
 
"please sit" he said to the boys.
 
"I am auditioning a girl online today. please watch her and give your comments. but most importantly, I want you to see when she dances to growl later,"
 
"yes" they said in harmony.
 
si's pov
 
today is the day. I was practicing the choreography for growl when my phone suddenly rings. oh crap. 
 
I answered and face the camera to me. 
 
soo man and exo appeared. oh my god.
 
"hello mr. soo man and exo" I said as I bowed.
 
"hello. okay let's start the audition now. the first part: please sing the song you chose. it must be from the sm company" soo man said.
 
"yes. I will be singing goodbye summer by f(x) and kyungsoo" kyungsoo waved cheerfully. I just smiled.
 
"giyeokhae bokdoeseo tteodeulda kachi honnadeon uri dul
beolseomyeonseodo waeh keurido jeulkeowonneunji arasseo
keunarihuro yeah yeah urin neul yeah yeah
ssangdungi byeoljaricheoreom neon na naneun neoyeosseo"
 
"she started off really well" chanyeol commented.
 
no one's pov (3rd person)
 
"joreobhagi jeonnal manhi uldeon neo namjarago kkuk chamdeon neo
hago shipeotdeon mal mothago tteugeowotdeon geu yeoreumcheoreom annyeong"
 
"she's good," baekhyun said.
 
"chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum kamchudeon gamjeongeun chigeumdo apeun bimilye giyeogil ppun
uri sain jeongrihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story, I'm sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye y-yeah"
 
"better than kyungsoo!" chen joked as he earned a hard whack from kyungsoo. "ouch!" chen glared at him and rolled his eyes. "quiet!" soo man shouted.
 
"What do I say We didn’t have to play no games
I should've took that chance I should've asked for u to stay
And it gets me down the unsaid words that still remain
shijakhajido anhko kkeunnabeorin iyagi
 
chukje majimang nal neoye noraedo areunhan yeoreum badado
hamkkeraseo sojunghaetdeon mam neujeoganeun bam haneulcheoreom annyeong
 
chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum kamchudeon gamjeongeun chigeumdo apeun bimilye giyeogil ppun
uri sain jeongrihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story, I'm sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye
 
baby oh no oh oh honjanmariraseo mianhae oh sashireun neol saranghae yeah
sumgigo itdeon oraen bimildeul charari deulkyeotdamyeon neoreul pume anajultende
 
chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum kamchudeon gamjeongeun chigeumdo apeun bimilye giyeogil ppun
uri sain jeongrihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story, I'm sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye
chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum bomyeon gaseum arin story, I'm sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye y-yeah"
 
they started clapping already. "shhh, it's not done" kyungsoo complained. "well, almost right" xiumin stated. 
 
"rallallallalla rallallallallarallal rallallallalla rallallallallalla"
 
si's pov
 
"thank you," as I sung finished. they were still clapping for me. 
 
"enough kids," soo man said monotony. they stopped immediately. I almost choked because I was controlling my laughter. seeing idols being called kids, makes me laugh.
 
"that was good, really. now part two, the dance. she will be dancing to growl, so keep your eyes open, boys" soo man said.
 
"yeah... okay... y..." the speaker was playing in the room.
 
neo hoksi molla gyeonggohaneunde (jal deuro)
jigeum wiheomhae (so dangerous)
jakku nareul jageukhajima (keun il na)
bado nal molla (oh) sumi jakku meotneunda
 
"EXO-K!" exo shouted. wait... were they chanting for me? I am so trying hard not to break down from laughing. are they purposely doing this to distract me?
 
"niga nal hyanghae georo onda
nareul bomyeo utneunda"
 
"EXO-M!" they shouted again.
 
neodo naege geullineunji
nun api da kamkamhae niga ddurheojyeora chyeodabeol ddae
gwitga-e gakawojin sumsori (away)
chen nal michige mandeuneun neo-in-geol
 
mudo neol motboge (useul ddae) pume gam chugoshipeo (I’m so serious)
neol norineun siseobdeuri (yo) nae anhae ireona
geosen soyongduri
 
geomeun geurimja nae anhae kae-eo-na (ha)
Neol boneun du nun-e (na na na na) bulkotidwinda
geunyeo gyeotheseo moduga mulleona ije jogeumssik sanawojinda
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae (eureurong wo)
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae
neo mulleoseoji aneumyeon (yo) dachyeodo meolla (golchiapa)
 
nari seon nunbitgwa be-il-deut-han ginjanggam jigeum tamsaekjungiya (yeahap) neoye juwireul baby huh
neon geunyang geudaero isseo namaneul bwarabomyeonseo
jeoldae neol bonaejian-ha dugeobwa baby yeah
heurin gonggasogeseo (heurin gonggasogeseo)
seonmyeonghage bit naneun (seonmyeonghage bit naneun)
neol norineun siseondeul nae an-hae ullineun gyeongbo ullimsori
 
geomeun geurimja nae anhae kae-eo-na (ha)
neol boneun du nun-e (na na na na) bulkotidwinda (ok)
neunyeo gyeotheseo moduga mulleona ije jogeumssik sanawojinda
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae (yeolsenda yeah ready)
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae (eureuro~ng)
neo mulleoseoji aneumyeon dachyeodo meolla
 
"E-X-O!" they shouted, covering the song. "quiet boys!" soo man shouted as he glared at them.
 
yeah ddo dareun neukdaedeuri bulsera (bulsera)
neomuna wanbyeokhan nae yeojara (yeojara)
pum sogen budeureobge neoreul an-go
neomaneul wihaeseo naneun nanpukhaejigo
gyeolgugen ganghanjaga eodgedwineun mi-in (answer)
jariga eobseunika geunyang duraga (i will what?)
ganeungseong jeroya dareunika geumanbwa
geunyeoreul neombondamyeon nareul meonjeo neomeobwa
 
"WE ARE EXO!" they shouted once again. soo man ended up just shooking his head.
 
uri malgo hana dulssik jiwoborija yeah
neohago naman yeogi nama meomchyeojin deusi wah
 
geomeun geurimja nae anhae kae-eo-na (yeah)
neol boneun du nun-e bulkotidwinda
geunyeo gyeotheseo moduga mulleona (da mulleona) ije jogeumssik sanawojinda
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae (eureuro~ng)
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae (eureuro~ng)
na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae
neo mulleoseoji aneumyeon dachyeodo meolla (dachyeodo molla)
 
I panted. I think I did well.
 
"had fun fan chanting?" soo man questioned them sarcastically. I just laughed wholeheartedly. they all looked at me.
 
"at least we participate and cheer on her." chanyeol said as he winked at me playfully. I blushed. 
 
"she was really good anyway, better than us, right chanyeol?" chen said.
 
"yeah, the dancing machines" kai chuckled.
 
"okay, we will tell you the results tonight. good luck." soo man said as he hung up.
 
no one's pov (3rd person)
 
"so how was she?" soo man asked.
 
"just as what I said." chen said.
 
"honestly," soo man said monotony.
 
"yeah, really" chen said again.
 
"the rest?"
 
"she's good for a girl" kyungsoo said.
 
"kai?" soo man looked at him.
 
"she didn't really put in a lot of energy. but probably because you only gave her one week to learn, which we takes month, and because as what kyungsoo said, she's a girl." kai explained.
 
"overall, how much would you guys give her? out of 10?"
 
sehun: 7
kai: 6
tao: 8
lay: 7
kyungsoo: 9
baekhyun: 9
chanyeol: 9
suho: 9
chen: 9
luhan: 7
xiumin: 8
 
"so the average is..." soo man thought for awhile. "...8 out of 10. she just made it by the passing mark. thanks to you guys, she might be joining us, 50% chance."
 
they all cheered. 
 
"I wonder how she look like in real life"
"I can't wait to see her in real life"
"I want to see how tall is she"
"yup she's pretty"
"not forgetting talented!!!"
"wait, why is kris not here?"
 
"he have his own solo schedule." 
 
si's pov
 
I called kris almost immediately after I hung up.
 
"kris!" I whined.
 
"seems like the audition has ended" kris chuckled, "how was it?"
 
"they were all fanchanting. it was so cute" I made a squeak. "oops sorry"
 
"hehe, but cuter than me?" I could feel kris pouting.
 
"oh my god kris don't make me laugh" I said while chuckling.
 
"but you are already laughing, I'm hurt" kris said soundly.
 
"sorry ben ben, you're the cutest okay." I talked as if I'm talking to a baby.
 
"oh my god don't ever call me that I hate that"
 
"but that's your name" I said innocently.
 
"it's disgusting, it sounds like a " he admitted coldly. wow, how could he just say it like that so casually?
 
"hello? are you still there? I'm sorry, I thought I could be truthful to you... like saying whatever I want, because you are my girlfriend and I want you to hear my real thoughts. I can change, I promise I won't be so straight forward and rude anymore-"
 
oh kris. "it's okay kris, I'm just- no everything's fine. I'm just thinking about my results" I lied. "I have to go now, bye" I said as I hung up.
 
as soon as I hung up, kris texted me.
 
"kris: are you angry?"
 
he must be feeling really troubled now, by my response and I just hung up on him.
 
"si: nope, really! don't worry, I'm really not angry. good bye!"
 
kris' pov
 
I thought she was angry with me. I sighed.
 
"oh, so you have a girlfriend." I turned my head and see tao's head right beside me. i jumped away from him.
 
"you... saw?" I pointed at him. he nodded his head. I facepalmed myself.
 
"tell me, I tell you everything man! how could you just hide from me that you have a girlfriend?" tao pouted.
 
"okay ill tell you okay"  kris said as he shook his head. "where should I start? okay just ask me anything and I'll answer"
 
"where did you guys meet?"
 
"you mean first meet or "meeting again because fate"? i thought of that taxi ride when i first met si at the airport and laughed.
 
"what is that suppose to mean well hey just tell me both" tao sighed.
 
"you know the fan sign back in Beijing? she was there. and when I went back to canada, she was my tenant."
 
"wow, wow, just wow, kris. real fate, I swear," tao said dramatically while clapping.
 
we went out of the bedroom and they were all talking about si.
 
"kris! the girl we just saw her audition, she's really talented and pretty! she can sing and dance really well!!!" xiumin exclaimed.
 
"yup! we gave her really good marks, so she have a high chance of coming, I can't wait to see her!" chanyeol beamed.
 
si's pov
 
today is the result day. I woke up earlier than usual and sat down on the chair and waited patiently for my phone to ring. 
 
waited till I almost dozed off again, my phone vibrated.
 
"hello!" I said, abit too surprising.
 
"congratulations. you got an average of 8 out of 10, which mean you just passed."
 
oh my god. did I hear it right? "thank you so much, sir!!!" I beamed.
 
"I'll contact you again when we have a spot for you in the new debuting group that will probably debut next year beginning, which we are planning now."
 
"okay." I said, wanting him to quickly continued.
 
"we are planning to make it unique and special. a international kpop group, each members from different countries. probably around 5 members? you guys would have different songs with different languages.
 
"cool! I really like this idea. we can promote the album to the whole world, not only korea."
 
"that's right. I'll contact you again when it's confirmed."
 
"sure thing. I'll be looking forward to it. thank you again."
 
((one month later))
 
one month had passed so fast. university had been fine, im doing well and I'm really close to bora. minah doesn't mix with her clique that often anymore and most of the time she joined us. minah is actually okay, just that she's really proud and chatty. bora and I still keep secrets to ourselves, because till now we still don't really trust minah. minah and bora somehow clear their misunderstanding and are kinda friends again.
 
I got called again this morning and was told that I got into the group. I called qi immediately after i got the news.
 
"qi!" I shouted in the phone.
"oh, hi si. I guess... this is your first time calling me first?" she said hoarsely. that's kinda true.
"I guess I woke you up, anyway I have a good news!" I squeaked.
"so?" she said, yawning.
"I got a place in a group! I'm going korea!" right after i heard a loud scream in the phone.
"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD CONGRATS HEY IM GOING KOREA DURING DECEMBER WE CAN MEET SI I MISS YOU I FINALLY CAN SEE YOU AGAIN" wow. she became so alert in 0.88 seconds.
"really? I'll definitely meet you! I miss you too!"
 
the first thing I got to school, I told minah and bora about it today.
 
"congrats!" bora said as she hugged me.
 
"finally, you got your dream, girl" minah giggled as she remembered I have been whining to her all the time about my dream of becoming an idol.
 
"can't imagine you being an idol, seeing you on stage and me fangirling over you" bora laughed at the thought.
 
"never ever forget me okay," minah pouted.
 
"yes yes" we laughed.
 
i said farewell to the rest of my professors and classmates. some of them even asked for an advance autograph, how funny!
 
((the next week))
 
today is the day. I met bora and minah in the airport.
 
"I am going back to korea for christmas this year. we could probably meet. how about you, bora?" minah said.
 
"i haven't thought of going anywhere but since you're going and si's there, I should probably think about it"
 
"think what? you should book the ticket, like now!" minah whispered yet screamed at her. I giggled.
 
"okay okay chill guys" I barged in.
 
"so, I guess it's time. I don't want you to be late and miss it" bora said while pushing me to the departure gate.
 
"yeah, because we don't want to see you anymore until christmas in Seoul" minah added.
 
"okay, no hug?" I said straightforwardly while pouting.
 
minah jumped onto me and wrapped her arms around me.
 
"hug, not squeeze!" I managed to cried out. 
 
bora pulled her away and she hugged me as she grinned.
 
"hey!" minah complained. "can I join in?" she asked.
 
bora open her arms and invite minah to come in for the hug.
 
we released after minah started squeezing again.
 
"I'm leaving now, Skype someday okay!" I said while waving before I entered the gate. 
 
"bye!" they shouted and waved as if like wanting to get an idol attraction as I was already in the departure gate. this girls...
 
while I was in the plane waiting for the plane to take off, kris texted me.
 
"kris: call me when you arrived. I'll pick you up"
 
"si: okay. I'm taking off now. can't wait to see you!"
 
"kris: me too babe <3"
 
I smiled to myself as I switched off my phone.
 
"goodbye canada," I said one more time before the plane flew off.

hey guys i am back! exams ended yesterday so i kind of went on hiatus without informing anyone. anyway, please tell me on your thoughts on this if you like how this is going! if the majority of you readers do not like idol-training related(?) kind of fanfic, i am willing to change the plot. if not, i will just continue this fanfic similar to "the way were were" just without luhan and instead with another second male lead who will be coming up. (hint: not from exo!) (another hint: he's already in this fanfic)