Chapter 7

An Angel's School Days

Chapter 7


Chan-yeol took a sip of his drink before looking at Bom. "I think Bom should sing."

"What?" Bom let out in surprise before coughing hard, due to the fact that she was drinking her soda when Chan-yeol decided to volunteer her to sing which was surprising. 

"Yeah! I was thinking the same thing." Se-ho said as Dongwook gently patted Bom's back so that she could clear . 

"Are you okay?" Dongwook asked once her coughing ceased, eying her with concern while rubbing her back in a comforting and continuous motion. 

She looked up at him, embarrassed by herself, but gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine Oppa." 

"So what do you say Bom? Are gonna sing for us?" Minwoo asked with a teasing smirk.

Bom looked over towards the rest of the group and shook her head quickly, waving her hands in front of her while saying "Ani. I don't think so. I think someone else should go." 

"Aww. Don't be shy Bom. We don't judge. Se-ho can't sing a yet he almost always the first person to want to sing." Dongwook said, earning a laugh from everyone.

Bom shook her head while playing with her straw. "I don't know, you guys." She mumbled.

Nana moved out of her seat and grabbed teen's hands so that she could pull Bom away from the table. "You have to sing Bom unnie! It's kinda traditional for us to do this. I have a feeling you have a beautiful voice too." She said while walking with Bom up on stage and pushing her in front of the karaoke machine. 

"But Nana-"

"Now all you have to do is scroll through the list and find a song that you know and click it. That's easy, right? I'll be cheering you on. Fighting!" The pretty freshman whispered happily before skipping off the stage to sit with the rest of the group.

Bom closed her eyes and sighed before scrolling down the song list, just as Nana said earlier until one song caught her eye.

"You and I...I know this song! Auntie plays it in the car all the time." She said quietly to herself before adding "she plays it so much that I know the whole song." and she laughs softly but before she knows it, she clicks the song and the musical starts. 

 

No matter what happens

Even if the sky is falling down

I promise you

That I'll never let you go...

Even though the song has started she doesn't turn around yet but once she hears the part where she's suppose to come in, she closes her eyes and starts singing.

You, you held out your hand

And picked me up each time I'd fall

Those times when I felt down

The smile in your eyes, it turned me around

And you held the secret to my heart

You were the only one with faith in me

I was lost and weak

But then you came and got me back on my feet

While Bom sung that line of the verse she turned around with her eyes still closed, imagining herself back in her room singing along to her favorite songs with her Poong-Poong and suddenly she wasn't scared anymore. She felt relaxed and as if she could let her guard down.

I, I know I've made mistakes

I know I've been untrue

I'll make it up to you, I'll never let you go~

Tonight, I'll show you that I care

You can't deny this bond we share

it's in the air, I'll never let you go~

You and I together 

It just feels so right

And I will never you leave you, never

No matter what the world may think 

I'll always be there

You and I together

We will stand the test of time

And I will treasure you forever

Because there's no one else

No one else who can compare


Now while Bom was singing her heart out, the group stared at her in awe. To them her voice sounded like pure heaven. As soon as she started singing, it's was like heaven had opened its gates and showered love, emotion, and warmth into their hearts.

Dongwook, specifically, was the most awestruck by not just her voice, but by her. During the little time that he knew her, she really seemed relaxed and at home up on stage. Almost as if she was in her bedroom, singing by herself. She looked like a beautiful angel and her kind of voice was something he had never heard before. She was something special.

The group was also oblivious to the fact that people who were started to walk past them heard and Bom's voice ended up backtracking and gathering around the teen's karaoke station to watch her sing. 

By the time Bom got to the bridge of the song, the someone bumped into Chan-yeol and the freshman looked around before gathering the others attention so that they could see the enormous number of people around their station, trying to listen and get a glimpse of Bom.

You gave me someone to call my friend

You gave me a love to call my own

When I close my eyes it's you i see

You were the one who taught me love

You gave me a love that won't grow old

You gave me a love that's made of gold

You're the only one and I'll be there for you, baby


You and I together

It just feels so right

And I'll never leave you, never

No matter what the world may think 

I'll always be there

You and I together

We will stand the test of time

And I'll treasure you forever

Because there's no one else

No one else who can compare~

Just you and I

Forever and ever

 

Once the song went off and Bom took a deep breath, she opened her eyes to meet a huge amount of people staring at her in amazement. Her eyes widened a bit once they all started clapping and cheering, some were even asking for her to sing again but there was no way that Bom gonna do that again. One time was good enough for her.

As Bom bowed shyly and walked off the stage, Nana ran up and pulled Bom into a big warm hug. "You were amazing Bom unnie! I knew you could do it."

"I-I was?" She asked as the younger girl led her towards her seat, beside Dongwook, as all of the bystanders started disappearing to other karaoke stations.

Se-ho answered "Heck yeah! Did you not hear yourself? You have a beautiful voice. I've never heard anything like it before." 

"Me neither. You're something special Bom." Nana exclaimed as she stood up and clapped her hands together. "I've got it! Maybe we should form a group?"

The girls yelled "What?!?" in unison while the boys just laughed at the young freshman's idea. Dongwook got up slowly with a laughing smirk and said " Well, it's getting late. I think we should all head home."

"I couldn't agree more. Let's go Nana." Soo-hyun said with a smile as she grabbed Nana's hand and pulled away from the group, while Nana pouted cutely and waved goodbye to the rest. "Goodbye Oppas. Goodbye Unnies." She murmured sadly and turned around to walk out of the crowded place.

"Well..." Se-ho let out slowly as him and Chan-yeol slowly got up from the table and straightened their chairs. "I'm gonna go and take Chan-yeol home. Don't want his mom to worry." He teased and in result he ended up having to dodge the younger boy's punches and grabbing his hands. Se-ho ended up putting him in a head-lock. "We'll see you guys later." He laughed, ignoring Chan-yeol's protests as he dragged him out the karaoke place.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Bom asked worriedly as her eyes followed the two boys out of the place. 

Dongwook laughed silently and patted Bom's shoulder. "He'll be fine. I'm sure he gonna get the upper hand by the time they get to Se-ho's car..." He told her before saying "Come on. We should get going."

They both got up with the two male sophomores and straighten their chairs before leaving the karaoke place and stood in front of the entrance.

Kang Joon stretched his long arms out while a loud yawn bursted out of his mouth. Minwoo eyed the boy and chuckled "I think were gonna head home too. Kang Joon seems tired." He explained while patting his classmate on the back softly. "Well see you guys later. You did great Bom noona."

"Thank you, Minwoo. Bye Kang Joon." 

Kang Joon rubbed his eyes tiredly, following Minwoo's path while waving back at the remainder of the two. "Bye Noona. Bye Hyung." He mumbled and turned back towards the front. The junior and senior stayed and watched until the two boys were out of sight before they turned around and started walking.

"So, did you have fun?" Dongwook asked as he put his hands in his pocket, which was a habit of his."

Bom nodded slowly and a big smile slowly formed on her face as she reenacted the events from earlier in her mind. "Honestly, yeah. I really did have fun. I'm really glad you invited me. Thank you, Oppa."

"You don't have to thank me." He let out with a smile before adding "You were already invited the moment she wanted us to meet up. We're all your friends and everyone loves you." He confessed.

Bom shook her head in disagreement. "Ani. That's not true." She already knew the potential of what this conversation might lead to but she hoped that he would change the subject.

"I'm not gonna ask you why you feel that way yet..." Dongwook started and took a deep breath. "But I can tell that there's a hidden meaning behind why you might feel that way." 

The female junior keep her eyes on the path in front of them in silence, scared that she might say the wrong thing and end her friendship with him and that was far from what she wanted to do. But her eyes widened when he said the next statement.

"So I'm gonna wait until you're comfortable enough to tell me why...just know that I'm here for you if you ever need to talk, arraso?" He asked and looked down at her.

Bom looked up at the older boy with her huge brown doe-eyes. Never had someone ever offered to be patient enough to wait for her to confess about what she was feeling inside. No one really even asked. Her aunt was the closest person to her yet the sweet lady always assumed that Bom had it together and that she was like every other normal teenage girl. But everyday, Dongwook seemed to look right through Bom and her actions as if he had been with her through everything and knew what she was feeling. 

They had been staring at each other for so long that Bom started to blush from embarrassment by how he was staring at her, much to his amusement. "O-okay Oppa...thanks for understanding me."

"It's nothing. I just want us to get to know each other a little better. I'm really curious about you, Park Bom." He said with a smile, leaning his head back so he could look up at the stars.

Suddenly feeling a little shy, Bom put her arms behind of her back and looked up at him from the corner of her eye. "Well...what do you wanna know?"

"Hmm..." He mumbled in thought as he went through all the questions he wanted to ask her in his mind until he found one. "Ah, do you have a nick name? One that you you want me or the gang to call you?"

Bom shook her head without hesitation. "No. I've never had a nick name."

Dongwook snatched his eyes away from the sky and looked at Bom in disbelief. "You really don't have a nick name?"

"Nope. Why, is that weird?" Bom asked him curiously.

Dongwook stared at her awhile before a smile graced his face and he unnoticeably rubbed his hand against hers. "No, not really. I know some people who don't have nick names...Ah! I got the perfect one for you."

"What?"

"How about Bommie?"

The teen girl mumbled "Bommie..." and smiled, liking the way it sounded. "I love it." 

"Really? I like it too. In fact, I wanna be the only one who calls you that. No one else can but me, arraso?" He asked with a serious face even though his eyes were playful. 

"Okay." Bom said while laughing a bit as she unconsciously rubbed her hand against Dongwook's own. 

As the two got closer and closer to Dongwook's car, Dongwook and Bom walked slower and slower, having a nice conversation, something that Bom had never experienced with a person close to her age at all and Dongwook unknowing grabbed and held her hand. 

Usually Bom would pull away quickly and probably revert back to her shy and quiet state but instead she held his hand back, loving the warmth that was connecting between the two of them and the same thing that was flowing from his brown eyes. She could also see something else flowing inside them. 

It was excitement and Bom honestly wanted to feel that emotion too. But what she didn't know was the fact she already had a bit of it in heart, just waiting to be expressed and everyday it was increasing more and more. 

And maybe, just maybe, Dongwook might be the person that would help her unleash it.