Chapter 11

An Angel's School Days

Chapter 11 


With eyes wide and filled with terror, Bom slowly turned around until the blonde-headed female was in full view.

The latter smirked evilly at Bom as she stood paralyzed in her presence. "And here I thought that I'd never see you again when I found out that you moved. But destiny works in mysterious ways, huh?"

Bom's mouth tried to function normally but it couldn't even form her former bully's name for a second but just as she took a deep breath, the doors of the restaurant door opened, letting in the rest of the Trio along with group of familiar looking boys.

"CL! Who are you talking to-" Dara was in the process of saying until her eyes laid on the black-haired female in front of them. "What are you doing back here?"

The blonde just laughed, not too loud but enough to catch some of the customer's attention. "I guess she just couldn't stay away."

Minzy, who had a frown set on her face, shook her head condescendingly. "You would think that after all those beat-downs we gave her that she would never step foot in this town again."

As Bom heard the short-haired girl's statement, she heard the restaurant's door open again and glanced at it, wishing that it was Dongwook coming in to save her. Then her eyes scanned the sign on it.

'YG's Spot...' She had heard a lot about it back at her old school. They served really good food and everybody always went there whether it was for breakfast, lunch or dinner, including the Trio, who she heard had a reserved booth just for themselves...

The thought made the junior look around and she noticed that the place was packed with people her age, no, her former classmates and they were staring right back at her. 

That's when everything clicked.

'I'm back...how could I not have known when he told me the name of the restaurant on the way up here?' She thought as it suddenly dawned on her. As she looked back at the Trio, who were whispering with the boys that they came with while eyeing her, Bom's whole being was begging her to flee.

Just as Bom was about to sprint around them, CL noticed her body slight turning and she roughly grabbed her wrist. "Where do you think you're going, Park Bom?"

"Look, I'm so sorry for whatever I did but please just let me go." Bom pleaded as she tried to pull away from CL's iron like grip.

The blonde just wouldn't let up though. "Now you wanna apologize huh? It's too late for that now."

"Don't act so innocent, Bom. We all know what you did to CL." Dara added much to CL's annoyance.

"Shut up Dara! I didn't ask for your assistance." The female alpha scolded, not noticing that her grip softened up a bit.

Bom knew that while CL was yelling at Dara that this was her chance to run but something was stopping her. Something from deep inside wanted to know why CL hated her so much. It was a stupid decision to stay but it was now or never.

"Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to make you...treat me this way?" Bom asked with an ocean full of tears in her eyes that were threatening to fall.

CL turned back quickly and stared at Bom in disbelief. "Don't play dumb, Park Bom." She said calmly.

"But I'm not! I honestly don't know what I did. Just tell me! I wanna know what I did to make you hate me!" Bom begged continuously until CL stopped her.

"Fine! You wanna know what you did? You stole Jiyong from me!" 

A shell-shocked expression appeared on Bom's face as she heard what CL said. 'What? How could I have done that? There's no way. I've never had a boyfriend in my life nor a friendship with one...except for the ones I consider my friends now and Dongwook...' "I never took Jiyong from you, CL. I hardly knew him." 

The blonde glared down at Bom as she tightened her grip on Bom's wrist, which caused Bom to sink down a bit and bite her lip to keep from yelling out in pain. "You might have hardly known him but you knew that we were an item when you first transferred to our school and you stole all of his attention the day you stepped in our class. Then you rejected him and he moved away. You stole the only boy I ever loved and you're gonna-"

"Bom!" 

Bom watched as CL quickly let go of her wrist and she looked up to see Dongwook running over to her and he pulled her up. "Bom, are you okay?"  He asked with concern as he looked down at her face before asking "Why are you crying?"

Bom's eyes widen and her hand slowly reached up towards her face until she felt a few loose tears falling down her cheek. She gasped silently and she looked back up at him. "Where were you?" 

"The bathroom was out of order so I had to go to the the other side of the restaurant and there was a long line of people waiting..." He explain as he felt someone's eyes on him and he slowly looked up and saw that they belonged to a cat-eyed blonde girl who he saw holding her wrist a few seconds before he came over.

He looked down and brought Bom's wrist up to see a red hand imprint around it and he quickly looked back at the Blonde. "Did you do this?" He asked in a calm yet serious tone. 

For once CL had an almost scared look on her face as she stared at the boy in front of her. She knew she had a reputation to uphold but this wasn't just some wimpy girl she could break and intimidate. This was a well-toned 6 foot boy and she had to play her cards right. "I-"

"No Oppa. Let's just go." Bom said all of a sudden.

Dongwook looked back down at Bom worriedly and asked "Are you sure?" 

She nodded slowly, tears still falling down her beautiful face. He sighed slowly and nodded. "Okay." He followed her out the restaurant but looked back to glare at CL quickly before turning back to walk out of the food place.


The ride back to the school was filled with silence. Bom had stopped crying halfway through the ride but she still had the scene from before set in her mind, replaying over and over again. 

She remembered Jiyong. He was the male version of CL but nicer. He was one of the first boy who had approached her when she moved to that school and the first thing he asked her was to go on a date with him. Just as CL said, she knew they were an item so she said no but he was persistent as ever. He followed her around and helped her carry her books around for a whole month.

 But what she failed to notice was during that month, he fell for her. Hard. He fell in love with the way she smiled and how intelligent she was. He knew way more about her than he knew about CL and he was willing to give up everything just get receive Bom's affection. 

But on that faithful day that he confessed his love to her, Bom couldn't return the feelings back and wanted to remain as friends. Heartbroken by her reaction, he moved away and she never knew the reason why until today. He didn't even tell anyone goodbye and it was a shock to the whole student body. 

And that reason alone was why not only CL hated her, but all the girls at the school. She was the reason why their It Boy left and they felt like she deserved everything she got.

Suddenly, Bom noticed that they were parked in the school's back parking lot and she turned to see Dongwook staring at her. "Do you know her?"

Bom didn't say a thing; she just stared straight ahead as if she could look right through him.

Dongwook looked at her with an concerned expression and reached over to grab her hand so he could caress it. "Talk to me, Bom." 

"Dongwook..." Bom started to say as she looked at him but stopped because she felt more tears forming over her chocolate-colored eyes. She watched as he studied her wrist again, which wasn't hurting as bad as it was before physically but mentally it hurt a lot.

The senior stared at her wrist for long time. "Her and those 2 girls...they use to hurt you didn't they?" He asked as everything all started to make sense to him. Her behavior, her careful demeanor, her insecurity; it all made sense. 

And once it clicked, Dongwook suddenly let go of her wrist and grabbed her body and held her in a tight and warm embrace. "Bom, I promise you that they will never hurt you again. I won't let them. From now on, I'm gonna do my best to protect you no matter what. I don't want you to ever be scared again. Arraso?" 

By this time Bom's tears were flowing full stream as she hugged him back. "Okay oppa. Mian-hae." She replied as she tried to stable her voice.

"Ssh. Don't apologize. Just let me hold you right now." He told her and rubbed her back gently as she closed her eyes and nodded.

For once in Bom's life she felt safe in his arms. She loved the way he held tightly as if he didn't want to ever let her go yet softly as if she was a fragile being. She loved how warm his was and how he smelled as she unconsciously nuzzled her nose against his neck, which he didn't mind at all. She didn't want the moment to end and as he leaned back to look at her, she gathered all the strength that she could to pull him back in the warm embrace that they had shared. 

She felt him laugh deep within his chest and before she knew he leaned down and kissed her on her forehead. Her eyes opened up in a lightning speed, her breath hitched, and her heart was beating way too fast now but he didn't seem to notice as he nuzzled his nose in her hair and hugged her a bit tighter than before.

And that's when  Bom knew that what she has been feeling for the past few days wasn't just a crush. 

She really, really, truly, truly, liked Lee Dongwook.