Chapter 6

An Angel's School Days

Chapter 6 


"Hey Bom. It's me."

Bom's eyes widen as she recognized the person's voice before saying "Dongwook Oppa?"

"That's correct." He answered and she could feel the smile on his face radiating through the phone.

She smiled softly and sat all the way up on her bed while grabbing her huge white stuffed-hippo and hugged it gently. "Oh! Hi..." She told him shyly, not knowing what else to say.

"Did you forget about me calling you?" He teased questioningly. 

Bom eyes widened at the question and she blushed heavily when she realized that she, in fact, did forget that he would call. "I'm sorry Oppa...I came home and fell asleep..." She said, embarrassed by herself, as she put her hand on her cheek to feel how hot it was.

He chuckled, much to Bom's surprise, and told her that it was okay. But then he sighed loudly and added "I am a little sad that you forgot though...you owe me Park Bom."

"I do?" She asked curiously.

"Yep. Don't you think that's fair?" He asked with a smirk. 

Bom quickly replied "Uh, yeah. I guess it's fair..." She leaned her head against her big doll in thought before asking "What do I owe you?" 

"A ride." He said causally.

"A ride? What do you mean?" The teen girl asked curiously. Bom was an intelligent girl but she didn't know what meant by his statement.

"Soo-hyun wants the gang to meet up at a karaoke place that we go to every once in a while. And since you're new in town...I want you take a ride there with me." He answered causally yet there was a hint of nervousness that Bom was didn't detect and it got the best of him in the end when he add "That's is if you don't have a car of your own anyway..."

Bom's grip on her doll loosened as she sat back with a surprised expression painted on her face. There was no need to wonder if she had time to go or not. It's not like she's has any plans. She,in fact, was never busy when she was home. All she did was talk to Poong-Poong, eat, sleep, do homework or read. 

But finally, for the first time in her 16 year old life, she was invited to go somewhere. She was invited to hang out with people her age, younger, and older. Not just somewhere that adults hang out but somewhere that teenagers could go and have fun. "Soo-hyun is having a get-together...and you want me to ride there with you?" She asked him slowly, making sure she wasn't missing anything important while trying to process the whole thing.

"Neh. You owe me this, remember?" He said in a serious yet teasing way and she could hear his smirk through the phone.

This might be normal to any other teen but to Park Bom this was a one in a million chance of a life time. Life was actually showing her compassion and she wasn't gonna put it to waste.

Finally, a smile graced her face as she told him "Okay."


"Okay whose going up first?" Se-ho asked as him and Dongwook set a plate with everyone's drinks down on the table. 

"Oh! Soo-hyun and I will go first!" Nana offered cheerfully.

Soo-hyun, who had just taken a sip of cherry cola, almost spat it back out as she covered and looked at Nana with a surprised expression. "What?!"

"Come on noona. Don't be shy." Minwoo told her with a laugh.

Soo-hyun just blushed and shook her head. "No way! Nana why do you always make me your partner for these things?"

Nana pouted cutely and wrapped her arm around Soo-Hyun's arm while begging her endlessly. "Please??? It'll be fun! Come on unnie!"

"Do you think I should do it Bom?" Soo-hyun asked.

"Huh?"

"Tell her she should do it, Bom unnie." Nana asked her sweetly.

Bom looked up and meet the eyes of Soo-hyun and the pleading eyes of Nana. After awhile of looking between the two pretty girls she gave a small smile and said "I don't see why not?"

And just when Soo-hyun was about to object to Bom's decision, Minwoo whispered something in Soo-Hyun's ear and the table got quiet as they watched the interaction between the two. Whatever he told her worked because her eyes widen and despite her face being a bit red from blushing, she looked at Nana and said alright.

Nana cheered while Soo-hyun sighed heavily, trying to resist a small smile as Nana dragged her over to the karaoke machine while everyone else clapped and cheered them on.

Bom looked over at Minwoo curiously all the while and she looked at him curiously, wondering what he had told her to make the female senior change her mind. Soon, she felt her curiosity trying to get the best of her and just when she was about to ask him, Dongwook beat her to it. "What did you tell Soo-hyun?"

Minwoo looked over at Dongwook and put his pointer finger up to his mouth while giving him a cheeky smile. "Sshhh." He mouthed softly and looked back towards the two girls with small yet sad smile.

Bom looked at him worriedly but before she could ask him what was wrong, the girls song that the girls picked came on.

It turned out to be Orange Caramel's "Catellena" ,a song that Bom knew well since Nana hummed and listened to it a lot on her phone. Nana, who was a huge fan of the Kpop group, knew almost everything about them and because she loved the song so much, she and Soo-hyun, who she had to persuade endlessly, learned the dance by watching the practice video multiple times.

Now the girls stood in their position with their own microphones and started singing. Bom and the rest of the gang smiled and clapped along to the upbeat song as they watch Nana and Soo-hyun perform in front of them. 

Bom's eyes widened a bit and a big smile appeared as she watched the freshmen, who seemed to be having the time of her life on the small stage and her voice wasn't bad at all. It almost sounded like the girl who was singing it.

 Soo-hyun sung the next part in a shy voice but didn't sound bad either. You could tell that she was as confident about her dancing like her friend was but the senior was holding her own very well.

Once the girls were done with their song, Chan-yeol quickly ran towards the stage to picked a song of his choice after being forced by the boys to demonstrate his rapping skills to Bom and the girls. 

The femal junior was shocked when they mentioned the fact that the friendly group had just met the boy at the beginning of the school year, which was not long before she moved there. Much to the freshman boy's dismay, they talked about how popular Chan-yeol was with the girls  and how they thought it was weird that he had 11 best guy friends back at his old school. 

But Bom didn't find it hard to believe at all. Even though she hadn't know the young boy for very long, she found him to very respectful and nice but he also reminded her of the a jolly giant because Chan-yeol was always happy and loud and from what she heard from the gang, he was extremely talented. She couldn't wait to see what he could do.

All of sudden he turned around with a mic in his hand, standing tall and confident in front us with the music blasting from the karaoke machine and soon enough, he started rapping. Bom mouth broke into a smile as she listened to his freestyle verse flowing with the background music from EXO's song "Growl", a song that she also happened to hear from Nana, and bobbed her head to the beat.  

Soon, a few people from other karaoke stations came over to watch him as he rapped. He seemed so confident and cool up on the stage that she could see swag and charisma oozing off of him and mixing in with atmosphere around them. 

Once he rapped his last verse and the song came to an end, everyone clapped and cheered for him as he bowed at everyone and jumped off stage with a huge smile. 

"You did great Chan-yeol." Soo-hyun said with a big smile.

He sat down and got comfortable while giving all the boys high fives before turning his attention to the eldest female. "Thanks noona. I feel like I've matured a level by performing in front of you all."

"You really did look like you felt at home on stage." Bom confessed after taking a sip of her soda and she gave him a smile.

Chan-yeol's eyes lit with surprise as he looked at the junior, since she didn't really talk a lot, but his smiled beamed with happiness at her compliment. "Thank you Bom noona. I really did feel at home." He said while nodding his head in agreement.

"Well, I have to take Nana home in 30 minutes but I think we have time for one more song." Nana said as she looked down at her phone. "Who wants to go next?"

Chan-yeol took a sip of his drink before looking at Bom. "I think Bom should sing."