Chapter 2

An Angel's School Days

Chapter 2


"Bom..."

"Ma'am?" The teen said tiredly as she slowly opened her eyes and turned her head towards the lady driving the car.

"Wake up sweetie. We're almost there." Eva said with a small smile of her face.

Bom rubbed her sleepy eyes and returned a tired smile while mumbling a soft "Okay." Eva was her mother and fathers assistant. She had been working for them for a few years so she knew Bom pretty well. And because her parents were needed at the law firm again they asked Eva to take her to the new house, which she kindly accepted.

Now they were riding through a nice neighborhood with beautiful houses. "Wow...Poong-Poong! Look at all the nice houses. Which one is gonna be ours?" Bom murmured silently to her so called family member. 

Eva glanced over at the girl and sighed amusingly. She always wondered about Bom. The girl seemed really nice but she rarely talked and when she did talk she always seemed to be hesitant and careful about what she would say. Almost as if she'd get punished if she said or did something wrong. 

She also got the feeling that Bom didn't have any friends which was hard to believe since the girl was beautiful and smart. All the times she saw the teenager at home, she hardly texted or used her phone. Instead she was always with that stuffed-animal of hers, carrying it closely in her possession as if it was her only friend and she was nothing without it. 

Eva turned her eyes from the girl and smiled when she saw that they were at the destination. "Ah! Were here now."

They both quickly got out of the car and turned towards the moving van, that had been following them the whole ride there. When they turned back around, the front door of the house opened and out came a lady who gave Bom an excited smile.

"Well isn't it my beautiful niece? Come and give me a hug." She yelled and ran over towards her. Bom let out a big smile and gave her a warm embrace. "Auntie!" She whispered happily and they both pulled apart. "Where's grandma?" She asked quickly.

"Well when she told me what was going on I decided to take her place and make her stay at home. You don't mind do you?" She asked curiously while giving her a persuading smile.

"Not at all." Bom answered. Out of all of her relatives, her aunt was her favorite. She always showered the girl with love and care and spent a lot time with her when she visited. Even thought she hadn't seen her in a while, Bom always thought about her and was happy to see her. 

"Go inside and look around and find a room that you like. I'll help out with the furniture and boxes." Her aunt told her and walked over to introduce herself to Eva.

"Okay." Bom took one look back before walking inside the house to look around. 

She first explored the living room, dining room and kitchen, which were all very big. Then she walked back to the other side and found a library and a huge office. 'This must have been especially made for my parents.' She thought as she studied everything inside. 

Afterwards, she took the same way out and quickly walked up the stairs to get to the second floor. She slowly passed all the rooms while peeking through them until she saw one that caught her eye and looked around before sitting Poong-Poong down in the window-seat. "I'll be back." She whispered before walking out and descending back down the stairs to see the movers were almost done with bringing everything in. 'Did I take that long?' She thought as she watched the young boys work. 

One of them grabbed a box with her name written on it and looked around before his eyes fell upon her. He walked over to her and smiled. "You're Bom, right?" He asked her politely.

"Neh." She said softly while keeping her eyes on the floor. 

"That's a pretty name." He complimented while looking down at her.

She replied with a soft "Oh...thank you." She wasn't really used to talking to boys let alone people except for close family. She didn't know why but the way he talked to her made her feel all warm and fuzzy. She clearly wasn't used to this. 'But then again, this was his job. He has to be nice to the customers.' She thought.

"This box belongs to you." He said and handed the box over to her. 

She took it gently and looked down at it. "Thank you." She said and turned around to walk back up the stairs so she wouldn't be in his way until he stopped her.

"Wait. You have some more too. I'll help you take them up." He said and grabbed two more boxes before following her up.

"Ani! These boxes are heavy. You don't have to do that." She reassured him kindly as she turned around when she got to the top of the stairs.

The boy shook his head and gave her a bright smile. "Nonsense. My job is to help people move their belongings in."

"But..." 

"Now Bom, you wouldn't want me to get in trouble for not doing my job, would you?" He asked suspiciously with a smirk.

"Of course not!" She almost stuttered with wide eyes full of worry. 'I would never want to to that.' She thought while looking at the boy.

"Good. Now if you excuse me I'm gonna bring the rest of them up here." He said and began to walk back down the stairs before taking a step back and looked at the girl. "You're not gonna stop me are you?" He asked with a teasing smile.

She shook her head "no" and gave him a soft smile. His eyes widen a bit only for a bright smile to appear as he watched her walk inside her room. 'Shes beautiful...' He thought as he stood still for a minute until he went back to the task at hand.


"So...how do you like the new house?" Auntie asked as she handed Bom a plate of well cooked food. 

"It's fine..." Bom said while she ate some of her sweet corn. 

Her auntie looked at her and smiled amusingly. "I see you still like sweet corn. That's good."

"Mhm..." Bom sounded with full much to her aunt's amusement. But Bom was happy, an emotion she hadn't felt in a long time and she hoped that she wouldn't do or say something to ruin it.

"I saw that moving guy talking to you..." Her aunt said with a knowing smirk and added "He was handsome."

The teenager looked down at her food as she felt herself blush a bit. "He was just helping me bring my boxes up." She told her softly trying to keep the boy's smiling face out of her mind. Though Bom was not the one to dwell on looks, she did find the boy very much attractive but she doubted that the boy felt the same.  "I don't think he was interested in me like that..."

"I think he liked you enough. Did you get his name?"

"No, he only knew mine. He was just doing his job, auntie." She tried to convince her as she started back eating.

"I don't know...I think we'll be seeing him again." The older woman said with a sure smile before changing the subject. "Did you parents inform you about your new school?"

"Not really. Is there something I should know?" Bom asked curiously and looked up at her aunt.

"Well from what I've been told, this school is a private school which means that you'll be living in a dorm by yourself on campus. But you get to come home on the weekends." She explained to the younger girl.

"But why a private school?" Bom asked curiously. She had always been used to going public school all her life. Not that her parents didn't have the money since they made more than what she could count in a year but it was still something that she was curious about.

"Well your parents talked it over and didn't like the fact that you've been staying at home by yourself all these years. And I agree. I mean, you're a young beautiful girl and you've taken care of yourself well but anything can happen sweetie."

"Oh...I understand..." Bom said hesitantly, not wanting to be difficult or her make her aunt upset.

Her aunt sighed and reached over to grab Bom's hand. "I know it's not your fault that you were alone in that house. Your parents work way too much when they really should be spending time with you. They really don't know what they're missing do they?" She asked with a laugh.

"Not at all." Bom let out and laughed along with her. "Anything else I need to know?"

"Except for the fact that I have to take you to the school later on tomorrow...there's nothing else." She said and took both of their empty plates to the kitchen to be washed.

"I'm gonna go up to bed then. Goodnight." Bom told her as she ascended up the stairs and walked in her room. She was glad that she hadn't fully unpacked her clothes yet since she was leaving tomorrow. Besides, she already had an idea of what she was gonna bring.

After she took a quick shower and changed into her pajamas, she grabbed her stuffed animal and snuggled against it once she got under the covers and laid on the bed. "Looks like we're moving again, Poong-Poong...let's hope that this school is better than the old one." She mumbled before letting sleep take her.