Chapter 5

An Angel's School Days

Chapter 5


Bom smiled softly to herself as she watched her new group of friends vibrantly communicate with each other on the campus near the front gates of the school. It was Friday and school just ended, leaving some students to walk around the campus freely, go back to their dorms or wait for their parents to pick them up for the weekend.

She had planned on just waiting for her aunt by herself since she didn't really know what the others had planned; she was still getting used to having friends at all but Ga-yeon and Min-woo, who usually stayed at the dorm on the weekends, decided to keep her company while she waited and soon enough everyone else tagged along until the whole group was present.

While she was the only one waiting on a relative to pick her up, she found out that most of the group caught rides home with each other. Soo-hyun and Nana rode home together,  Dongwook dropped Kang-joon off and Se-ho does the same with Chan-yeol. Even thought Bom tried to make them go on home, they were dead-set on waiting for Bom's aunt to pick her up.

Sighing softly to herself she wondered how long it would be before she did something that would make them angry and not want to be her friend anymore. No matter how hard she tried to push the thought out of her mind so that she could stop doubting herself, it was stubborn and stayed in the back of her mind, hunting her every now and then. This seemed like one of those times.

"Park Bom?" 

"Hmm?" Bom turned her head and looked up to see Dongwook walking over towards her.      Her eyes slightly widened at how the sun illuminated his entire appearance, making him seem like he was heaven sent. Her cheeks heated up at her thoughts so she looked down at the freshly cut lawn, hoping that the redness of her face would go away.

When he finally got in arms reach of her, he smiled and asked "Do you mind if I wait with you?"

"N-no. No; not at all." Bom said quickly and made space for him to stand beside her in front of the gate. While she stood straight, he leaned back against the pillar of the school's gate in a boyish manner and sighed tiredly.

Bom look at him worriedly. "Are you okay, Oppa? You seem tired."

He glanced at her and smiled reassuringly. "Nah, it's just been a long day is all." He answered before asking "So are you enjoying our school?" 

Bom smiled softly and nodded her head. 

"That's good. I just wanted to come over and tell you something." He said before pushing himself off of the pillar and walking over until there was little space between them. 

Her eyes widened as she had to pull her head back to look up at him, due to him being taller than her, and she unnoticeably tightened her hold on her purse handle when she found him looking straight into her eyes. "I know that due to you being friends with Nana, you're were quickly introduced to a bunch of new people with different personalities without warning...It's a lot to take in..." He explained with a small laugh before continuing "but I hope that you will be able to see us as your family and become as fond of us as we are of you." He ended with a warm and gentle smile.

The female junior saw so much sincerity and care in his eyes that it was hard to look away and say no, not that that would be her response. In fact, her response would be quite the opposite if her words wasn't so caught up in while she looked up into his warm brown eyes. It felt like an eternity before she finally got herself together and came up with something to say. 

Just as she was about to answer, they both heard a loud car horn and they broke eye contact. Bom gasped in recognition of the car in front of them and bided her goodbyes to the group.

They all stood up and responded with farewells, telling her that they would contact her when she got home and that they couldn't wait to see her on Monday before walking off to their own cars. 

As Bom turned and started to walk towards her aunt's vehicle, she felt a soft hand grab her own and she turned to see Dongwook's smiling face. "Can I call you later? J-just in case the group has plans to meet up and all..."

"O-okay, Dongwook Oppa." She said shyly before they slowly pulled their hand out of each other's grip and went their separate ways.

As Bom ran quickly and got in her aunt's car, she turned and met the older woman's smirking face. "Was that the moving guy from last weekend?"

"Neh..." Bom answered shyly with soft pink cheeks as she put her seatbelt on without making eye contact with her relative in fear that she would be teased. She sat back afterwards closing her eyes and sighing softly to herself.

"I knew you would see him again. I have a feeling that he's gonna be around more often." Her aunt confessed before driving off. 

The younger girl mumbled an quiet "mhmm" before dosing off in the safety of moving car with a soft smile on her face. 


"So, how's school so far? Is the inside as pretty as the outside? Is your room small?" Her aunt asked as she sat down beside Bom on the classy but comfy couch.

As soon as they both got inside the comfort of the new house, her aunt bombarded Bom with different questions about her school life. But Bom didn't mind at all. She knew that after the little crying incident she created the day before she started school, her aunt was worried about how well she was adjusting. "It's good. The whole school is really nice. My room wasn't as small as I expected. It's a really nice size. Everything is going great for now..." 

"That's great, honey! I was so worried but I knew that Dr. Lee would look after you. I was so happy to hear your voice on the phone Monday night. You seemed so happy. Did you make lots of friends?" She asked.

"Surprisingly..." She murmured while nodding her head.

Her aunt let out a laugh. "Surprisingly? I'd be surprised if you didn't make any friends at all. You're a beautiful girl with a nice personality. You would be the most popular girl at school back in my day."

"Ani..." Bom said with an embarrassed smile while shaking her head. She looked down at her hands, hoping that her aunt would change the subject. 

Her aunt just waved her comment off. "You're too modest, honey. Now, how many friends did you make?"

Bom looked up in thought, saying her friend's name out loud. "Well there's Nana, Ga-yeon and Soo-hyun..."

"Ooh! They sound pretty. What grade are they in?" Her aunt interjected quickly.

"Nana and Ga-yeon are freshmen and Soo-Hyun's a senior...then there's Minwoo, Kang-joon, and Chan-yeol. The first two are sophomores but Chan-yeol's a freshman too.

"They sound handsome..." Her aunt commented in thought and nodded her head.

Bom continued softly. "Then there's Se-ho who's a Senior. Oh! I consider Dr. Lee and Shin Omma as my friends too."

Her aunt's eyes widen in surprised. "Who is Shin Omma?" She asked curiously.

"He's a chef at our school. He's really nice and his food is so delicious!" Bom commented happily. 

The older lady laughed softly and said "Well I think it's great that you made so many friends." While patting Bom's head gently before adding " It would be a shame if you left out anyone.

Bom's eyes widen at her aunt's response as one person's face appeared in her mind. "I didn't forget Dongwook Oppa...did I?" 

Her relative smirked teasingly and poked the teen in the arm. "I think you did...Is he the moving boy?" 

"N-neh." Bom said while looking down at the ground coyly as she started feeling all warm and fuzzy as she thought about what he told her an hour before now.

"He's a sight for sore eyes..." She commented much to Bom's embarrassment. 

"Auntie!"

Her aunt laughed loudly and stood up while holding her hands up to surrender. "Okay. I'll let you have him. I'm gonna go rest for a while. You should too. Today has been a long day." She said as they both walked up the stairs.

"Okay. Have a good nap." Bom told her as she walked inside her room. She sighed softly while grabbing her Poong-Poong and laid down in her comfy and cozy bed, let sleep take over her.

She hadn't even been asleep for a good hour when her cell phone suddenly vibrated across from her on one of her pillows. Startled by the noise, she quickly sat up and grabbed her phone to look at the caller ID.

Her eyes widened in curiosity at who the caller might be but she quickly accepted the call, pressing it to her ear while saying "Hello?"

"Hey Bom. It's me."