Chapter 14 Part 1

An Angel's School Days

Chapter 14 Part 1 


"Boo."  Bom suddenly heard someone whisper in her ear cooly as she closed her locker, making her gasp and slightly jump up in shock as she quickly turned her head towards the culprit, who just so happened to be her considerate, sweet, and sometimes mischievous crush, Lee Dongwook.

"Oppa, why do you always do this?" She asked as she turned around, a small yet cute pout in her face as she watched him laugh, and suddenly had the strange desire to push him or hit him on his arm like most girls do when boys try to pull tricks on them and what not. Plus, he's been doing this to the black-haired junior for almost a week now and she was slightly frustrated because she felt like she couldn't retaliate. 

'But enough is enough...'

Finally, she made up her mind, daringly moved her hand forward and gently pushing him back after she questioned him. Her eyes stayed on his face as she anxiously waited for his reaction to her unusual action. As soon as she did it, his eyes widened a bit, much to her concern, before they went back to normal size as he started laughing again. "Why are you still laughing?"

He put his hand over his mouth but his breathtaking smile was still evident. "I just...never thought you'd do that. It's cute actually."

"Oh..." Bom mumbled as she felt her cheeks heat up a little but. This was something else that he kept doing ever since the 16 year-old got her license and she hated that she couldn't control how she reacted when he gave her little compliments like these but at the same time she couldn't help it because whenever she was with the gang or maybe even by herself as she to class or back to the dorm, most of the time, he was always right beside her.

It didn't bother her, of course. In fact she liked that feeling of protection and comfort that he gave her every time he was around, along with the millions of butterflies fluttering around in her stomach whenever they locked eyes with one another. Everyday, Bom was becoming more evident to her ever growing feelings for him but she was still confused on how he felt. She knew that he cared for her deeply and that he's kissed her on her cheek and on top of her head a few times now but she still doubted that he shared her feelings. 

'I could have had something on my lips and he was just trying to take it off or something.' Bom thought as she thought as her mind drifted towards the evening after she finally earning her driver's license, when her and Dongwook were alone in the kitchen. Her heart was starting to pound just by thinking of the possible fact that he could have been about to kiss her and he would have been the first boy that she kissed. Just the mere thought of it all was just mind-blowing.

"Bommie."

"Huh, I mean what?" She replied as she quickly came back to earth and looked at his slightly amused face. 

He chuckled a little as they started walking towards the lunchroom and he said, "I said, how is your aunt? I noticed that you weren't waiting for her like you usually do last Friday." 

"Actually, she's letting me drive the car from now on and I left a little early that day so that I could take her to the doctor." Bom answered as she took a tray from the stack a long with Dongwook and they both started putting food in her tray.

"Ah, well is she okay?" The handsome senior asked with concern laced throughout his voice as they walked inside the cafeteria and stood in line.

The black-haired teenager nodded her head and looked up at the boy to give him a soft smile as she said, "Yeah, she just has these really bad coughing spells every once in a while and they make her tired but I'm sure it's nothing major..." 

"Yeah, she'll be better in no time. She seems like a strong woman." Dongwook commented while paying for both of their lunches, much to her silent objection. This was something else that he also started doing for her for the past week and as much as she protested and pleaded him not to do it, he just wouldn't take no for an answer. She even tried to take her time going to her locker so that he would think that she was already inside the lunch room but whenever she got within seeing range of her locker, he was always there, patiently waiting as he leaned against it and looked around until he caught her eye and showered his beautiful smile upon her.

Until she inevitably did something that made him stop being friends with her, she just couldn't shake him and in all honestly, she didn't really want to. Out of the whole gang, he was arguably the closest to her and he understood her better than anyone ever had. Bom never had someone who just made her feel like she belonged or fitted in with everyone until she met them and he was the icing on the cake. He was the perfect kind of guy to unknowingly sweep her off her feet and have her fall for him and as much as she liked him, that fact alone scared the day lights out of her because it could either do two things.

Start a relationship or mess up a friendship...

And for a girl who had never in her life had someone to call her very own friend, it was pretty obvious on which option she was going to choose. There was no way that she was going to tell him her feelings. She would do to them what she did to her past at Suji High, lock them away deep in the back of her mind and heart, refusing to open them for the rest of her days on this green earth. 'It's just a crush, anyway... I'm pretty sure it won't be my last...'

"Bommie." 

"Yeah?" She asked as she brought herself back from the clouds that hid her inner thoughts, looking at him as they sat down at the, for now, empty table and watched him as he tried to keep himself from laughing at her. "Why do you keep laughing at me?"

"Why do you keep spazzing out?" He retaliated with an amused smirk as they locked eyes and stared each other down.

When Bom realized what they were doing, she immediately blushed and turned her head away as she laughed nervously. "I can't talk to you, oppa." 

"Yes, you can. Tell me what you're thinking." He said as he lifted his snapback off his head. Her doe-eyes followed his fingers as they raked through his smooth looking midnight-colored hair a few times before they moved away and he placed it back on top of his head. 

"Ani-yah...you probably won't like it."

He his lips slowly, which Bom wished she hadn't saw because it caused her breathing to slow down considerably along with some weird sensation moving through the pit of her stomach. He pushed his tray to the side as he placed his arms on the table in a folded position and glanced down in slight amusement before looking at her with a y smirk. "So it's about me?"

'Aigoo...This is gonna be harder than I thought...' She said in her mind as she looked down and bit her bottom lip in what many guys would consider an alluring way, which didn't go unnoticed by Dongwook the least bit. In fact, he began to get that familiar feeling he got that evening at her house when they were in the kitchen and she confessed that CL was that girl from the restaurant. The embrace that they shared would have looked like they were a couple to any stranger but to Dongwook, despite the newly found discovery of his feelings for her, it was just an innocent action of comfort.

But as soon as he looked into her beautiful mocha colored eyes and glanced at her baby pink and soft-looking full lips, he knew he was done for. This girl had him hooked from the very moment he met her and in all honesty, he wouldn't have it any other way. He never felt this way about anyone except for his ex and even the feelings he had her couldn't even compare to the ones he was feeling for Bom. They hit him like a wrecking ball by the time he realized it and he just knew that she was the girl that he wanted in his life.

He wanted to be more than friends...but how?

'Maybe I should ask her on a date?' The black-haired male thought as he stared at her porcelain doll like face before the memory of Bom slowly closing her eyes when he was leaning down to kiss her appeared in his mind. 'Maybe she'll say yes...'

"Oppa?"

"What?" He asked quickly, as he shook the thoughts out of his head and brought himself back to the present. 

Bom giggled quietly as she played with her food a little bit. "Look whose spazzing out now."

Dongwook chuckled along with her and decided to take the chance as he said, "No, I was wondering if-"

"Hey, Spring!" They both heard Seho say as he sat down next to his best friend and patted him on the back before smiling at the girl in front of them.

"Hey." Bom greeted cheerfully and watched as the older male gave him a slight annoyed look as Seho started eating from Dongwook's tray.

When the chubby senior noticed his friend's small glare he turned towards him and said, "Oh, you weren't planning on eating this right?" 

When Bom covered with her hand and started laughing, Dongwook shook his head and rolled his eyes, a small smile now replacing the small frown he had due to his friend's knack of always interrupting moments he shared with her. 'I'll have to remind myself to put him in a headlock later.' He told himself in his head before say, "No, I wasn't..." 

"Okay." He said before resuming his eating and making way for the arrival of the rest of the group to come and sit. 

Out of the whole day at school, Bom's favorite time was during lunch. She got to see everyone all together, laughing and socializing as they talked about different events that happened during class or what not. She couldn't believe the position that she put herself into at her old school had kept her from experiencing the beautiful effects of friendship and she didn't know how she ever bounce back if she ever gave any of these amazing people a reason to not want her around anymore but she determine to do whatever it takes to cherish everyone's bond with her as long as she could. 

Bom smiled softly as she glanced at everyone until her eyes shifted back to Chan-yeol, who had a small smile on his face but a sad look in his eyes. She knew that look all too well because that was the facade she used to wear all the time. But she knew that, unlike him, she deserved to wear that look and that he deserved to be happy. 

But before she could muster up the courage to ask him what was wrong, Dongwook beat her to it. "Chan-yeol, you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine..." He answered as he looked down and twirled his fork in his food.

"You sure? You seem down." Soo-Hyun said with a concerned look on her face as everyone looked at over the male freshman.

He shrugged casually and remained silent for a while until he looked up at everyone, who were waiting for him to answer, and sighed. "Dr. Song gave me a special assignment to do for music class and I'm... Im having writer's block..."

"Aww. Well, don't feel bad. Everyone gets that everyone once in a while." Soo-Hyun told him as she patted him in the back, causing everyone to nod their heads in agreement and give him more encouraging words.

"But it's my first time ever having writers block and it's due this Friday... I don't know what I'm gonna do.." The 14-year old said in a hopeless tone.

Soo-hyun smiled at him sadly as she said, "I wish I could help but writing has never been my forte, especially in the music area."

When Bom noticed that everyone was either silent, giving Chan-yeol pitiful looks, or saying the same thing that the female senior said, she glanced down and closed her eyes before raising her hand as she suddenly blurted, "I'll help you."

When she noticed how quiet it had gotten, Bom peeked at everyone through her bangs and saw everyone with genuinely surprised smiles on their faces, especially Chan-yeol as he said, "Really, Noona?"

Bom glanced up at her hand, which was still up, before immediately putting it back down and slightly blushing in embarrassment, which made the group laugh softly. "Uh, yeah. I actually like to write."

"Great!" The dark-orange haired boy exclaimed as the bell rung signaling that lunch was now over with. Everyone in the lunchroom got up and grabbed their trays as they made their way to the huge trash bins that were in each corner of the cafeteria while the group took their time following suit.

It was a habit of the boys of the posse to take one of the girl's tray along with theirs since it was the manneristic way to things and because of that Dongwook always made sure that he took Bom's just like he was about to until Chan-yoel accidentally beat him to it as he grabbed her tray and asked her, "So where do you want to meet up?"

Bom shrugged shortly before smiling softly, "Where do you suggest?"

"Well...do you mind if we go to my dorm? Everyone tends to use all the available classrooms and I don't want anyone to overhear anything." He said as he scratched his neck nervously.

Bom shook her head. "No, I don't mind."

He nodded his head and gave her a happy grin as he said, "Awesome! I'll meet you after classes are over."

"Neh." 


"So, how's the songwriting going so far?" Dongwook asked Bom that Tuesday afternoon as they made their way through semi-crowded hallway, making their destination to the junior's dorm room since school was officially over.

"It's actually going really well. Chan-yeol is very talented."

The tall male nodded his head in agreement and smiled down at her. "Yeah, he is. I'm sure he just needed a push in the right direction, especially from a girl who just happens to be the owner of a magnificent voice."

A soft pink blush painted Bom's cheeks as she glanced down at her moving feet in a coy-like manner. "He didn't need me to do anything." She said quietly before adding, "It was inside of him all along..."

Dongwook sighed softly before saying, "Maybe but...sometimes you just need angel to guide you to that revelation." 

Bom's eyes widened a bit at his statement but she just waved it off, like he knew she would. "I'm no-"

"But there are times when the angel has to be shown what's inside of them as well..." He interjected as he stopped in his tracks and turned towards Bom, who was looking everywhere except at him. She couldn't believe he was comparing her to an angel, something she immediately knew she was far from. In her mind, after what she did to CL, she didn't even deserve such a title. So, what had she done for him to compare her as such?

Before she could gather the courage to ask him, they both turned their heads when they heard someone yell, "Hey guys!"

It was Nana, who just so happened to be waiting beside Bom's door, and looked up from her phone just time to have seen them turn down towards her hallway. She quickly ran over to them and grabbed Bom's hand. "Are you about to go meet up with Chan-yeol?" 

Bom shook her head. "I was but he texted me saying he had to cancel today."

"Okay, well do you mind helping me on my homework?" The pretty freshman asked with pleading eyes.

Bom shook her head and smiled. "Ani. I don't mind at all."

Dongwook feigned a hurt expression as he said, "Nana, how come you didn't ask me? Ive always helped you with your homework." 

"Not this time Dongwook Oppa!" The brown-haired female told him as she ran down the hallway, pulling the black-haired girl along with her and leaving the boy with an amused smile as he shook his head and walked away.


On Thursday, Bom was sitting in Korean Literature classroom, quietly working on a class assignment just like all the other students were when the classroom intercom suddenly came on and Dongwook's voice sounded through. "Mr. Chen."

"Neh?"

"Is Park Bom in attendance?" She heard her friend ask rhetorically before, causing everyone to glance Bom's way, much to her dismay.

Mr. Chen glanced over at her from his desk before he answered, "Neh."

Then Dongwook asked, "Would you please allow her to report to the main office?" 

"Of course." The teacher said before looking at Bom as the intercom went off. "You may go, Park Bom."

"Yes, sir." She said softly before quietly getting up out of her seat, avoiding her classmate's stares as she gracefully walked through the aisle and out the door. 

'I wonder why I'm needed in the office?' She thought curiously as she walked down the empty hallway and turned into the main hallway were all the lockers were located, hoping that she hadn't broken any rules or gotten in trouble because, back at Suji High, if you were called to go to the office, it usually meant that you were in trouble and that fact made Bom scared. 

'Aigoo...What will my auntie think?' She asked herself as she slowly opened the door and looked up to see the office lady sitting at her desk, eyes dead on the computer in front of her as she typed like her life depended on it.

"Hi." She said in a quiet voice as she looked around while walking up to the counter with the expression of a scared little girl.

Dongwook, who was hiding behind the door that led people behind the counter where she couldn't see, covered his mouth with his hand to keep her from hearing him laugh before he unveiled it and quietly opened the door when she turned her head, sudden yelling, "Park Bom!" 

Bom jumped up out of fright and her brown doe-like eyes in shock as she turned her head towards Dongwook, who started laughing quietly to himself before giving her a mischievous smirk as he closed the door behind him. "Why do you look so scared?" He asked.

"I thought I was in trouble." She answered simply before looking down and smiling in embarrassment.

The office lady shook her head, an amused smile on her face as well as she said, "I would have been too when Mr. Lee yelled your name." Then she looked at him with a playful glare and added, "You should be ashamed of yourself."

"Mianhae, Bommie." He told her sheepishly with a grin as he came over and gave her a warm hug.

"It's okay..." Bom told him as she hugged him back, causing the office lady to almost swoon at the cute sight. "Do you know why I was called up here?" Bom asked curiously as she pulled away.

Dongwook smiled lightly as he stuck his hands in his pocket and took a deep breath before looking into her eyes. "Actually, I called you up here to ask if-"

"Hey, you guys! I need your help." They heard Soo-hyun exclaim as she pushed through the doors and walked up to them, oblivious to how close they were at the moment. 

"What is it?" Dongwook asked as he turned towards the female senior.

"Ga-yeon has a really bad cold and I told her that I would make soup for her but...." She sighed loudly before saying, "I don't know the first thing about cooking." Soo-hyun said in a shameful voice.

Dongwook sighed and gave his classmate a pitiful smile. "I wish I could help but...I really can't cook either and I have to stay up here and help out."

"I'll help you." Bom spoke up before adding, "I-if you don't mind."

A huge and relieved smile lifted Soo-hyun's face as she said, "Of course I don't mind. I'll meet you after your last class, arasso?"

"Neh." Bom answered before turning to Dongwook. "What were you saying, Oppa?"

The boy glanced at Soo-Hyun, who was still standing there looking as if she was waiting to walk with Bom so that they could leave the office together, before sighed quietly. "Uh, that's okay. Don't worry about it." 

"Okay, we'll see you later." Soo-hyun said before grabbing Bom's hand and pulling her out the office, leaving Dongwook with a slight down look on his face as he knew that he had missed his third chance to ask Bom on a date.

The office lady gave him an encouraging smile as she said, "Don't look so down, Mr. Lee. There will be other opportunities."

He nodded his head and gave her a hopeful smile. "I know..."