Rules

Hating to Love you

Chapter nine

Rules

“Wow guys, that was perfecto!” Chanyeol exclaimed, pressing stop on his video camera. Baekhyun gasped, realizing that Chanyeol spoiled the newly-weds moment.

“Yah.” Luhan attempted to shout before his voice cracked. He was too embarrassed to look at Jaehee whose face was going red.   She couldn’t get over the fact that she was kissing the devil’s offspring. Plus on top of that, she thought she saw Sehun.

Chanyeol looked at Luhan as if he had done nothing wrong. “What? Ay, thank you! We’ll be leaving now.” He waved, before suddenly stopping in his tracks.

“Where’s the rest of EXO?” Baekhyun asked, hiding a long wig and dress behind his back. Luhan’s and Jaehee’s face mimicked each other as they raised a corner of their lips. Those dim-wits can’t be serious…

“Gone? They left like two minutes after they came?” Luhan pointed out. Baekhyun smiled sheepishly while Chanyeol squinted his eyes as if he heard correctly.

“We’re sorry, we didn’t know. Chanyeol went back up to your bathroom to shoot for his scene and he needed my help.” Baekhyun tried to reason.

“Help for what?” Luhan asked bitterly. Baekhyun cleared his throat and tightened his hold on the items he was carrying. Chanyeol smiled blushing.

“Well . . . for my scene.” He replied sounding suspicious.  Aha, okay, no, there is totally more to it. Luhan thought as he snickered to himself.

“Give me that.” Luhan said, snatching the video camera off Chanyeol. He set the camera mode onto ‘play’ and started to rewind the footage. His heart started to feel tingly as he sighted the footage of him and his wife making out. Rewinding it further he came across a very disturbingly funny scene.

He burst out laughing at the scene of Baekhyun tugging up a dress. Curiously, Jaehee peeped over his shoulder and didn’t know what to think.

“Are you sure my face won’t be seen?” Baekhyun asked worriedly, as he put on a long wig.

“Yes, I’m sure, now lean against the wall.” Chanyeol’s voice instructed. Baekhyun sighed and did what was instructed.

The camera was placed on the edge of the bathroom counter, before Chanyeol was seen coming into the frame.

“Okay just as we practiced.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun pouted.

“Let’s make it quick okay, before our mates found out.” 

“Arraso, as if you should be the one to tell me that. We have had over thirty takes! Don’t mess this one up. One . . .  two . . . three . . . start.” 

“Answer me, what have you done to me.” Chanyeol acted dramatically, outstretching a hand on the wall behind Baekhyun.

Baekhyun attempted a girly scoff.

“You . . . are mine.” Chanyeol said before leaning in. Baekhyun’s laugh could be heard before he pushed Chanyeol away. Chanyeol’s body was seen plummeting towards the camera before the view of the toilet bowel was displayed.  

“Urgh!” Luhan expressed in disgust as he threw the camera.

“No!” Chanyeol yelled, diving to save it. Jaehee couldn’t stop laughing which earned everyone’s attention.  

“Aw she’s so cute!” Baekhyun cooed , reaching out to squeeze her cheeks. Luhan cleared his throat. Does he not witness my godly presence?

“Hey you’re wearing Luhan’s shirt! Omo, we are going to be uncles soon!” He cheered. Luhan stepped in front of Jaehee, causing the boys to take a step back. Enough was enough, he just wanted them out.

“Uh no, you’re not.  Just leave now please. The both of you.  Out.” Luhan agitatedly ordered, ushering them away.

Jaehee flared her eyes at them, indicating for them to stay. Chanyeol and Baekhyun grinned at each other as they looked at the young couple back and forth.  They knew that she wanted them to stay, and were they? Of course not, what kind of stupid question is that?  

“Adios Amigo! Bye bye now Jae-hee~ .” They bided farewell, before heading off to the park to shoot their next scene.

Luhan turned around sharply to face Jaehee. He desperately needed to clear things up with her, because he was confused. About their relationship. 

Jaehee was too embarrassed to even face him so she looked away. He sighed and took a step closer to her. Jaehee immediately took a step back causing Luhan to gulp.

“Ja-” Luhan started before Jaehee cut him off. She didn’t want to hear it – her mind was all over the place. She needed time to put her thoughts together.

“I’m going to have a shower.” Jaehee croaked out, avoiding Luhan. He caught her wrist as she walked past him. Hell no girl, when I talk to you, you listen. 

“Jaehee please. Let’s talk.” Luhan finally said it. Jaehee held her breath for a second and turned her head to face him without looking directly at him. 

“About what happened earlie-”

“You’re sorry, I get it. It was a mistake and you want me to forget it . . . Then.” She said, signaling her leave. Luhan held her wrist tighter. She had got it all wrong. He desperately needed that exact time to talk to her.

“No. That wasn’t what I was going to say.” He replied knitting in his eyebrows.

“Then what?” Jaehee asked finally looking him in the eyes. They were both stricken by each other’s looks.

“I-I w-w-what I was going to say was.” Luhan found himself stuttering so he tore his eyes away from hers. “Was that, yes okay, I am sorry but I’m not the only one at fault here. Don’t you have problems… you know… issues?” Luhan decided to muster the courage to ask her. Hey, she kissed back. I expected her to fight me off and away from her.

“I do…. I never said you were at fault. I uh I don’t really know why I didn’t react in the way I should’ve.” Jaehee quietly responded, tugging at the ends of Luhan’s top she was wearing.  You’re messing up my life Luhan.

He just stared at her, as she was in thought. Reading her facial expression, Luhan could see that Jaehee was also questioning the same thing. He felt the urge to make contact for no apparent reason.

“Hey, you could be getting better!” Luhan exclaimed trying to brighten up the mood. Jaehee looked up to see his smiling face as he ruffled her hair. Is Luhan possessed or something? She couldn’t help but wait for the potential moment where he’d cause her harm…. But that moment never came. He’s the one changing.

Luhan slowly withdrew his hand when he saw Jaehee’s serious expression.

“Hey . . . so what exactly is this? What are we?” He asked, needing answers fast.  Jaehee scratched her head.

“I-I dunno. Can we forget about what happened earlier? It’s just one of those things that just happen for no reason.” She replied. Luhan blinked his fast. He didn’t like the answer he received because he had a reason. 

“So we’re still the same?” He questioned, hoping she wouldn’t confirm it.  Jaehee could sense a hint of disappointment in Luhan, but she ignored it, thinking that Luhan wouldn’t feel that way.

“Yeah. So we’ll set some rules?” She suggested. Luhan’s ears perked up.

“You mean the do’s and the don’t’s? Uh excuse you how old do you think I am? I ain’t got no time for no darn childish and lame rules. There are no rules in my house, under my roof – wait technically our parents bought this house. Even still there isn’t going to be no rules. What the hell is wrong with you? I want my freedom, you want your freedom, my parents want their freedom, everyone wants their freedom.  This is a free country. Do you know there are people in Africa who don’t have the freedom to eat what they want, drink what they want, work where they want, wear what they want?! Do they have rules? I don’t know, why are you asking me? Screw rules. I’m not going to follow no rules.” He ranted sassily. Jaehee stared at him with her arms folded.

“Ya done?” She asked unimpressed.  He flicked his hair as he replied ‘mm’.

“Right let’s sit down, get a pen and I’ll get the paper.” She instructed. 

***

“What the hell is this?” Jaehee asked Luhan.

“A crayon.”

“Yeah, exactly, a crayon.  Honey, we’re not in day-care today. We are writing something very important, plus we need to turn on our listening ears, now dear little lulu what did I ask for?” Jaehee asked as if Luhan was four. He huffed.

“A pen… YAH! Don’t treat me like a baby. Puh lulu? What on earth is going through your mind?  Plus if you’d so rudely forgotten, I am wounded and this crayon was the closest thing I could get my hands on.” He defended for himself. Jaehee held back her laughter.

“Okay my apologies…. Right, you know how our marriage is only for the purpose of producing an heir? Well let’s make a vow that after the child is born, we’ll both go our separate ways with no feelings attached, and you’ll take custody of the child-”

“No! Jaehee every child needs their mother! How could you be so vain, it’s your child too! Don’t you want our child?!” Luhan vented. 

“Don’t you want our child?” Those words echoed in Jaehee’s mind. Please don’t make me answer that question. Because I do want a child… just not yours. And you’re right. She began to feel guilty for thinking so mindless.

“I’m sorry for not thinking it through. I just thought that you’d want your future wife to be known as its mother. That’s all. Because we won’t have anything to do with each other so I thought . . .” Her voice trailed off.

We won’t have anything to do with each other again?  The thought made Luhan aware of the reality, and he didn’t like it one bit. He felt hurt because he thought that even if they didn’t love each other, they’d work something out. But by all means, he did not ever think that it’ll be the case of totally cutting off one another from their lives. 

He snatched away a glass of water, sculled it down, and wiped his lips dry. Jaehee could sense tension in his actions. Ay what is wrong with him? He just seems so different today, like I never knew he would actually care about a child’s wellbeing. I guess I underestimated him and his values, nah, I actually never thought a thug like him would have any.

“We’ll alternate then. So I’ll take care if the child every second weekend and you’ll have it… okay fine don’t give me that look, I’ll look after it every second week. Argee?”She asked in conclusion. Luhan nodded with a dull expression. 

“Right, now that we’ve got that sorted I’ll write down some rules.” She said and began to write some down. Luhan just sat in his seat, staring out the window as if he was a cheeky little boy in the naughty corner.

“Okay finished.” She announced, gaining Luhan’s attention when she passed him the sheet. It read:

  1. There will be no hugging or kissing, unless it is relevant or helping to produce the heir.

  2. We are allowed to date other people, but under the circumstances that we be careful of the media creating a scandal.

  3. In front of the public eye we are to act like a married couple.

  4. We’ll go our separate ways after the child is born.

  5. We will not use violence towards each other.

  6. The only time we’ll communicate is for the purpose of the heir. We are sharing a house, not each other’s lives.

  7. If you break any of the rules, the consequence is punishment, and the punishment will be decided at the time.

Luhan in his breath before confronting Jaehee. “Mm, I disagree with the second rule.” He announced as he scratched his head. Jaehee was a little taken aback.

“Like how?” She questioned. He looked at her silently for a moment before replying.

“Well in the eyes of the law and the church we are married. We’ve taken our vows. Even though we consider this marriage to be fake, we still need to respect the facts.” He reasoned. Jaehee narrowed in her eyebrows in confusion. Geez what is with him today?! Was the bullet intoxicated with something that affected his brain?  

“But that’s why if we happened to find someone we liked, we’d be free to date them without feeling like we’re tied down.” She tried to reason. Luhan shook his head in disapproval. “Well I had you in mind when I made this rule. I don’t want you to torment me or whatever because you like someone that you can’t date. And if a miracle happens and I find someone, I would want to be with them.” She concluded.

“No. We have to stay true to-”

“Fine. No dating.” She interrupted. Luhan grinned in satisfaction.  “But we can flirt.” She cheekily added. Luhan in his breath and raised a hand. Jaehee leaned back in her chair and poked out her tongue.

“Haha no violence remember?” She laughed. He rolled his eyes and slumped in his seat. Jaehee looked him up and down teasingly. He caught her looking so he blinked nervously.

“W-what?!” He stuttered. She suppressed her laughter before talking.

“Hm … well I guess it’s not a loss to you. By the looks of you, it doesn’t look like you’ve ever flirted or dated.” She said matter of fact-ly. Luhan scoffed feeling offended; he flicked his hair and sat up, ignoring the pain.

“What do you mean by the looks of you? What’s wrong with how I look?” He asked angrily. Jaehee snorted.

“Hmm, nothing.” She said. Well for starters he was ugly with those piercings and that hideously disgusting hair. Ew gross. And now he looks as if I’m old enough to be his mother.  

Luhan cleared his throat. “Anyway, I haven’t had time to date but I have flirted before. Excuse you.” He said rudely. Jaehee rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

“Oh yeah?” She said unconvinced.  

“Yeah, a few years ago.” He responded. She gestured for him to continue.

“I was getting ice-cream at a café when Xiumin walked in-”

“You flirted with Xiumin?!” She exclaimed.  He tilted his head to the side with a ‘are-you-kidding-me’ expression.

“No. And before you ever so rudely interrupted me, I was going to say that back then we didn’t like each other; even though we had never had an actual conversation.  So whenever we walked past each other it was always awkward, and then running into each other at the café felt very strange. Especially because on that day, I had overheard him laugh at a comment about how I looked like a girl and a ‘poof’- you know, a boy that likes boys?”

“Ah yeah I know, so what happened?”

“Well when he saw me he smirked so I had to do something to prove myself. So, I walked up to a girl I saw and attempted to flirt.” He ended quickly, remembering how embarrassing he was. Jaehee noticed how he cut short their conversation.

“What did you say~? You have to tell me~” Jaehee chimed. Luhan sighed.

“I said…. I said… Hey I’m Han, but you can call me hannie, honey. And then she said ‘what’ so then I said . . .’ I’ll be your hannie’, you know because hannie sounds like honey-”

“Oh my gosh! That was you? No way!” She exclaimed laughing her head off.  He became confused.

“Do you know the girl?” He asked shyly. She calmed down her laugh.

“Oh yes I know her. I know her very well.” She replied mockingly. Luhan’s eyes widened and he hoped that Jaehee wouldn’t tell her friend that it was him.

 “That was me you doofus!”She laughed. He turned bright red and looked away embarrassed. It was her? Omo that is so embarrassing. Hmm she looked so different though: She had bobbed hair and looked quite cute.

Wow I can’t believe that was him. Holy Moley he looked different. His hair was black and a bit overgrown but he looked adorable.

Luhan cleared his throat. “Anyway so there’s your proof. But were you really dating someone back then?” Luhan questioned. Jaehee quietened down.

“How would you know if If I dated someone back then?” She asked curiously.

“Well after you left by chucking your smoothie on my face, Xiumin came up to me and dried me off.  Then we sat down and he told me that you were already taken.” He exposed. Jaehee took in a deep breath and stayed silent for a while.

“Oh, um, yeah… yes I was.” She admitted looking down. Luhan twitched his jaw when he witnessed her gloomy face.

“What was he like?” He asked. Judging by her face he thought the guy was a jerk. She went into a daze as she thought about Sehun.

“Perfect. He was too good for me. Anyway on the bright side, you became friends with Xiumin!” She exclaimed, changing subject.  

“Ha yeah, he told me that he couldn’t understand why I was picked on. He thought I was cool.” He boasted. Jaehee rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“So it’s a deal. The rules a settled.”

***

“Who are you?” Jaehee asked the dodgy looking guy at the door.  He wore baggy cargo pants and a black singlet. She looked at him closely thinking he was familiar before she attempted to quickly shut the door. How’d he find me?!

“Wait Jaehee!?” He shouted, shoving his foot between the door so it didn’t close. He opened the door and smiled. Jaehee gulped.

“It is you! I’m so glad to see you!” He expressed as he tugged her against his chest and wrapped his muscular arms around her. Jaehee was startled and froze. Has he gone mental? Since when has he treated me this way? He released her and caressed her cheek.

“Wow you look different. How are you? I’ve missed you.” He expressed. Jaehee felt like she was about to throw up. She jerked away shivering at being touched, and glared at him.

“Yeah I bet you have. All of you-”

“Jaehee you know I’m not like that. I never was.” He tried to reason putting his hands on her shoulders. She looked down remembering scenes from the past.  When he was just there, being a bystander.

“But you’re still apart if them. No you’re just as bad as them; you saw what was happening and yet you did nothing about it.” She reminded angrily, shrugging him off. He sighed and gritted his teeth.  

“Yeah well don’t you think I’ve regretted it?! Because I do, and I’m sorry.” He apologized.  Jaehee sighed and just looked in the guy’s regretful eyes.

“Get back he’s dangerous!” Luhan furiously yelled, a she tugged Jaehee away from the door and stood in front of her.  The guy was shocked after realizing that Jaehee and Luhan were in the same house.

“If you and B.A.P lay one hand on her I’ll swear I’ll bust your balls off and I’ll-”

“Luhan calm down! I wouldn’t dare to, no gang is stupid enough now to mess around with her.” The guy replied dead seriously. It was like a law between the gangs to not touch Sehun’s girl.  Sehun was never officially part of any gang, but he was well respected for the good that he’d do for them.  

“What?” Luhan questioned confused.  Why Jaehee? Is it because I’m married to her or something?

“Don’t tell me you don’t know? I would’ve thought that especially you out of all people would know. Anyway how are you? I just came over to check up on you and apologize on Zelo’s behalf. He just loses his temper sometimes-”

“Don’t tell me you’re involved with them; please don’t tell me you are.” Jaehee became worried, and clutched onto his arm. He glanced at her curiously. What is with her? How does she know about B.A.P?

Please don’t be involved. Sehun was already, and now you too?   

“You two seriously don’t know about each other do you?” The guy questioned. It really didn’t make sense in his head. Luhan and Jaehee looked at each other questionably.

“Come to think about it. Why are you in Luhan’s house?” He asked Jaehee.

“I live here. We got married.” She said slowly as if to re-jog his memory. He gasped and took a step back. He just couldn’t believe his ears.

“You guys are what?! How could you?!  The both of you, how could you do such a thing?! I just can’t believe it. Jaehee. Jaehee! You’ve betrayed-”

“Jongup! What the f are on about?!”Luhan yelled. Geez someone is on their period. Why is he overreacting?

Jongup looked between the newlyweds.

“You guys seriously don’t know?”

“Know what?”


Hey I is back again after a month. Sorry hehe. I had a virus for a week and then I was lazy watching kdrama and kmovies and oh I started whatching an old drama from taiwan and it has became a bit of an addiction. Its about this 'ugly' girl who discovers that she is the daughter of this famous beautiful actress so she goes to live with her and meets her half siblings (same mother different fathers) which she falls in love with one. And if you've read my other fanfic about the stepsibling you know I'm tots up for this stuff hehe. :D

THANKYOU THOSE WHO HAVE SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED!