Messages

Hating to Love you

Chapter 6

Messages

“What did Mr Kim want?” Eunji asked as Jaehee sat back in her seat.

“He wants to give the both of us counselling sessions.” She said simply.

“Counselling? Jaehee that’s funny. Like omg.”Eunji snorted. Aw~ poor little Jaehee!

“Oh Luhan… Oh Luhan? Is Oh Luhan present?” The teacher asked in the middle of the roll call. 

“He went home feeling sick.” Jaehee blurted. After leaving Mr Kim’s office she saw Luhan and EXO leave the school. What. The. Hell? Why did I just cover for him?

School ended shortly after and she caught the bus home. She became startled seeing a figure in the garden.

“Oh, I’m sorry Mrs Oh! I didn’t mean to startle you!” A young man apologized. Ah, he must be the gardener. Jaehee cringed at her new title.

“Mm, it’s alright. I just didn’t expect to see anyone here.” She said, eyeing some beautiful red and pink flowers. The gardener caught her gazing at the flowers.

“Ah do you like them?” He asked. She nodded stepping closer to them.

“Yes, they are very beautiful. What kind are they?” She questioned squatting down in front of them.

“They are Camellias. The pink ones symbolize the longing for a man and the red ones say, ‘you are the flame in my heart’.” The gardener described, squatting next to her.

Jaehee began to think deeply. “Really?” She asked. He nodded.

“Every flower has a message that it symbolizes.” He stated. Interesting.  

She looked back at the flowers, thinking of Sehun. “Can I have some?” She asked.

“Sure.” He said and made her a bouquet.

“Sorry about the rope. I don’t have any fancy ribbon.” He apologized. Jaehee giggled and told him not to worry.

“What is your name?” She questioned curiously.  He seems like a nice guy. Try to be nice to him. After all he made me a bouquet.

“Kris Wu.” He introduced himself bowing. 

“Ah, nice to meet you.” She said returning his bow.

“Then I best be off. Thank you for the flowers Kris!” She thanked as she skipped away.

Kris just smiled and waved. She totally disregarded our different statuses. He shook his head and chuckled.

Jaehee caught the bus to the cemetery where she visited Sehun. Her phone rang and she was informed that her parents would be coming over for dinner in half an hour.

As she came by his grave that was surrounded by wild purple flowers, she knelt before his tombstone and rested her head against the cool stone. She closed her eyes and had a minute’s silence out of respect.  

“Sehun, it’s me.” She shakily said as she stood up.

“I don’t have long, so let these flowers be my message to you.” She said putting the flowers on his grave. Her feelings got the better of her, and she broke down crying.

“ I will always love you, you’ll always be in my heart… even though I’m married by paper, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m longing for you to be near me. Even if it’s just for a second, I want to lay by your side. Please forgive me . . . I love you.” She wept.

***
 

“Oh good you’ve come home. I was worried you didn’t get our message.” Her mother said as Jaehee walked through the door.

“Sorry umma, I just lost track of time.” She said simply. The Lee couple looked around the house. 

“Where’s Luhan?” They asked seeing that he wasn’t around. Jaehee gulped.

“Out. With… his friends. They have an assignment.” She lied. Her parents nodded understanding. 

“So have you two settled in alright?” Her father asked, chewing his food. The amount of guilt he felt for dragging his daughter into this mess was a lot.

Jaehee paused between bites. “I guess.” She said poking at her food. Her parents exchanged glances with each other.  

“What are things like between you two?” Her mother questioned. Jaehee was a little tongue tied. She didn’t want to worry her parents by telling them that she was scared of him, so she lied and said that things were okay.

“Aw darling, you may think that you’ll be very distant from each other, but come one day in the future, he’ll be your everything.” Her mother cooed. She sarcastically smiled.

Jaehee choked on her food. Yeah, every nightmare. 

“So… have you guys seen the schedule?” Mrs Lee asked innocently. Jaehee thought for a moment.

“Uh no. What sch- Oh that schedule. Yeah, uh, yeah we did.” Jaehee said embarassed. I knew she had some kind of a motive for coming over here.

“So any news?” She asked hopefully. Jaehee groaned and sighed.

“No umma. No news. It’s going to be like years from now. Anyway let’s stop talking about that. Fill me in on what I’ve missed.” Jaehee urged to change the subject.

It was almost midnight when her parents left and Luhan still hadn’t returned home. She figured to just go to bed and not wait up for him. God know what he’s up too.

***

“Is this really necessary?” D.O asked looking around to see if anyone was in the area. EXO where all dressed in black and disguised their faces, as they disabled security cameras around one of Korea’s largest malls.

“Well we got asked to do someone’s dirty business so, yeah. Why? Is Kyungsoo scared?” Chen teased.

“No, I just don’t want us to get caught, and don’t call me that.” He replied annoyed.

“Yes Kyungsoo, whatever you say Kyungs-”

“Yah shut up!” Luhan growled, as he sighted the security guard. Kai sneaked up behind him and knocked him out. He grabbed the keys and opened the mall.

The boys nodded to each other and carried on with their plan, robbing the cashiers of money. The boys all met up in the center of the mall and sorted the money out.

“…. And that makes it one million and forty thousand dollars.” Xiumin concluded. “Do you think this is enough? I mean considering B.A.P turned themselves in our place.”

“I don’t know… it better be.” Luhan muttered. Chen, who was on the look-out shouted out to the guys.

“Yah! The security guard is coming!” He warned. EXO gasped and quickly packed the money away in a duffel bag.

“Ha, just kidding. It’s the cops.” Chen joked. Everyone wanted to strangle him. Just die Chen, dear lord, just die you troll.   

The boys sprinted out of the mall, away from the cops. They all cursed when they heard police sirens behind them.

“In here!” Luhan yelled, running into a tight alleyway. The cops stopped their car and chased after the boys.

“I’ve got a stitch!” Tao shouted.

“Just bear with it! You shouldn’t’ve eaten before you came out; you always do this to us!” Chanyeol huffed. They had been running for almost half an hour.

“I think we’ve lost them.”  D.O informed. The boys all heaved a sigh of relief and collapsed onto the floor trying to catch their breaths.

“That was close!” Chen exclaimed. The boys all turned to glare at him.

“Yah!” Baekhyun yelled and pulled Chen in a headlock.

“Wow, break it up. Relax. At least we didn’t get caught.” Lay stated, pulling a raging Baekhyun of Chen.

Hours had past and it was almost sunrise, when EXO finally found B.A.P’s hideout. Luhan handed over the bag and told them how much money was in it.

“I must say that I’m impressed that boys your age would come up with this amount of money.” Yongguk the leader of B.A.P, smirked. EXO shared grins amongst each other.

“So it’s enough. Our work is done?” Luhan questioned. B.A.P laughed and EXO followed their lead. Ha ha ha, why are we laughing? Ha ha ha. EXO all eyed eachother, fakely laughing.

“No.” Yongguk announced. EXO quietened down and shamefully closed their eyes.

“No?” Luhan repeated in disbelief.  

“Thanks to the nine of you, we had another criminal record filed against our names. The money doesn’t cover a quarter of your dept to us. So you guys are going to do the dirty work for us when we say, and how we say. Arraso?” Himchan declared sternly.

Oh F! We are in deep sh*t now.

***

It had been two days since Jaehee hadn’t seen Luhan. She didn’t even care, she was just glad that she didn’t have to spend her days trembling in fear.  A part of her wished he never returned, but she knew that was such an awful thing to wish upon someone.

I wonder where he is and what he is doing. If he doesn’t come home on the weekend tomorrow, or the next day after that, I might begin to worry. Jaehee thought, tucking herself into bed.

It was eight o’clock at night when Jaehee awoke from her sleep. What?! 8  p.m? Damn I slept the whole day away.

She groggily got out of bed and ate breakfast. A bang coming from upstairs startled her. What’s that noise?  

She curiously, but cautiously walked up the stairs to check the bedroom.  She slowly poked her head in and saw the window shutters rock back and forth. Oh it was just the window.  

She sighed in relief and closed it. When she turned around she shrieked in shock. Sitting in the corner of the room was Luhan, panting and breathing heavily. 

Jaehee rushed over to his side and crouched in front of him.

“Luhan?!” She half yelled. Her piercing voice irritated him, so he weakly waved her away. Strangely, he didn’t want her to see him like this. In pain.  

“Where have you been?!” She asked furiously.

“Why do you care?!” He exclaimed bothered.  For some reason he was taken aback that someone would care for and concern over him.

“I don’t care. Even if you were gone for a week or a month, I wouldn’t. What I want to know was why for the two and a half days you were gone, you didn’t tell me?  I had to lie and make myself look like a complete idiot in front of our parents!” She argued.  Thanks to your royal devil spawn, I got into trouble.

Luhan tore his eyes away from Jaehee, and gritted his teeth as he gulped. I never thought she could be this rash. I was wrong and foolish . . . of course she wouldn’t care.  

“Get out.” He barked.  She scorned and walked out of the room slamming the door behind her.

Argh! That jerk has spoilt my day! She huffed. The image of him panting and sweating came into her mind. She began to question his expression.

But why did he look like that? Was something wrong? She stopped herself and shook her head. No, don’t think of him… but really, he looked like he was in pain.  

She bit her lip suddenly becoming concerned. I’ll just quietly check up on him then. You’re going to regret it when he punches you. Aish just go! Jaehee thought coming into terms with herself.  

Slowly opening the door, she realized that Luhan was in the bathroom. She crept towards the bathroom, and turned her head the side so she could make out what he was doing.  Hearing nothing, she decided to turn the door handle, when suddenly she felt something cold.

Jaehee looked down at her hand and saw red. No way?! Blood! Blood?

She looked to where he was sitting before and saw the carpet stained with blood. Sh*t Jaehee! How could you have missed that!  

A series of loud crashes and thuds came from the bathroom. Immediately, Jaehee became worried that something bad had happened so she barged in.

The bathroom looked as if World War three had taken place. What frightened her the most, was seeing the amount of bloody handprints on the wall. Luhan staggered around, before collapsing onto  the cold ground.

He couldn’t see properly, he felt so weak and worn out, but the pain searing through abdomen disabled him to rest.  

“Luhan! Luhan! What happened to you?!” Jaehee yelled. She started to cry and go red. Please don’t die on me. You may be the one person I hate in this world, but even still . . . you can’t just leave me like that. You are my husband after all.

Luhan found it hard to breathe and started gasping. With his heavy eyes, he managed to see Jaehee. Why is she here? Shouldn’t she be happy seeing me like this?!  

When Jaehee’s eyes met with his, her heart felt like it was melting and dissolving. She felt sick as lump formed in . Tears streamed down her face as she knelt down on the floor and propped his head on her lap.

“Come to your senses! Stay with me!” Jaehee pleaded. She noticed him clutching his right sight. The world froze and blackened around her.  Memories of Sehun clutching his right side in pain, flooded her mind. If only I didn’t believe him when he said it was nothing. That he was okay.

Jaehee was prepared to call an ambulance when Luhan begged her not too. Well f that Luhan! What do I do then?!

Hastily, she started to his school shirt. With his other hand, he weakly clutched onto her wrist. She looked down, her tears wetting his hair. Luhan shook his head. Why is she like this? I thought she hated me.

“Leave me a-alone. J-just let me d-ie.”He croaked. What EXO, Jaehee, and even his own parents, were too blind to see, was that Luhan was depressed. He had been that way since his hyung died. He didn’t lcherish life's value so he was more than prepared to let it slip from his grasp.

“No you bastard! I won’t! I won’t let you die, you jerk!” She screamed. How can he be so heartless?

She started to panic as she tried to stop the bleeding, but the blood wouldn’t clot.

“Leave me alone. It’s no use.” Luhan weakly said. Why even bother with me Jaehee? I’m better off dying.  

“Shut up! Shut up! Just shut up!” She screamed as if she was being murdered. Luhan’s lips parted in confusion and was shocked seeing her have a breakdown. For some unexplainable reason, he actually regretted wanting to die, he regretted tormenting her, and making her life a living hell.   

“Knowing that it was no use, she clutched her head crying about, before she ran downstairs to get the phone. Forgive me Luhan, but I’m calling the emergency number.

As she was dialing the number, she just so happened to look out the window and see Suho. She ran outside and tugged on his arm.

“Omo! Jaehe-”

“Luhan’s dying. He won’t let me call the hospital and I know you have only basic medical skills but I need your help!” She said in one breath. Before he could respond, he was pulled inside and guided to the bathroom.

“You have to save him Mr Kim!”Jaehee cried. Suho cupped her cheeks in his hands to get her attention.

“Jaehee, calm down. I’ll do what I can.” He said.

She cried as she anxiously waited on the bed.  

It had been around an hour of waiting, when Suho came out carrying Luhan bridal style. He laid Luhan’s body onto the bed next to Jaehee.

“How is he? What was it?” She asked worriedly.

“It was a gunshot wound. He’s fine though, you’re lucky I’ve treated them before.” He revealed. Jaehee was about to go ballistic and out of her mind, but she managed to contain herself.  

“I’ve written down everything you need to know and do from now on. If you are concerned about anything, I’ve put down my number on there so call me.” He informed before leaving.

Jaehee lay on her back and sighed in relief. She looked to her side and stared at Luhan. Damn you Luhan!

He slowly opened his eyes and went to sit up only to feel excruciating pain.

“Lay back down. You’re recovering from a bullet wound.” She advised with no expression.

He stared at her while she brought the covers up to his chest.

“Don’t say anything at all. Let’s just go to bed. I’m tired.” She said coldly. Emotionally tired that is, even though she had gotten up almost two hours ago.

She figured that because of Luhan’s state, she was going to stay in the same bed. She sat down on the bed, with her back facing him.

All that time, Luhan never took his eyes off her. He tried to figure her out.  Looking back on what person I’ve become, I can see why she hates me. But why does she now act like that and confuse everything?

“Why didn’t you let me die?” He asked in a whisper, still keeping his eyes on her. She refused to look at him.

“Because you’re my husband.” She replied. He was taken aback by what she said. She only said that to cover up for the fact that she didn’t know why. She was confused too, at why her heart, that ached when he bullied her, ached even more when seeing him on the verge of death.

“If I wasn’t... If I wasn’t your husband, would you do the same?” He questioned again. He wanted to know how her peculiar mind worked.  She winded her eyes. What’s with the questions?

“Probably.” She replied quietly. 

“Why?” Luhan asked. He couldn’t explain what he was feeling. Jaehee thought about life without Oh Luhan’s existence.

I’d have no one to bully or torment me! But then come to think of it, my life would be boring. Like really boring.  I would have no interaction with boys whatsoever which would mean that I wouldn’t get married, nor would I have any children. I’ve always said that I wouldn’t care if I left this world without a man or children . . . but thinking of that makes me lonely, as if I’m going to cry. Like what is my purpose in this world if I do not love? When life is all about loving. Plus my family and I would be beggars on the street . . .

“Because . . . because every person that was born into this world is precious. You’re precious and you are loved.” She responded, still deep in thought with her heads in the clouds.

Luhan’s heart felt like it was a blossoming flower. His eyes started to water and although it hurt like hell, he sat up and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulders.  


 Pft, I so didn't watch B.A.P's One shot Mv before writing this chapter. Nor was I listening to dramatic K-pop ballads . . . Anyways I hope you like the update (it took me 7 hours straight to write it, no joke). 

Sorry if it was boring.

And what's up with the censoring of words like *it's spoiling my fic* so that's why I added in these little star thingies ***

Feel free to give me feedback as it does encourage me and helps! Or if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them as I always have a writer's block and don't update (unless I'm super busy). Props why it took me 7 hrs to update coz I'M BRAIN DEAD.

I felt awful for not including Kris in my fic so I did... 

Does anyone ever read these author meassages? Kinda sad if they didn't. All that typing and minutes wasted for nothing.