Luhan Phobia

Hating to Love you

Chapter 5

Luhan Phobia

Jaehee fell on her side besides Luhan. Before she could properly sit up, Luhan grabbed her shoulders and pushed her down. He hovered on top of her, not knowing know why he did what he did, or what came over him. After all he was hurt by what she said and angry because she hurt his pride. Though he was human enough to not lash out and hit her. I must be like an animal or a monster in her eyes.

So he just simply looked and studied her features. He wanted her to just stay still and not say anything so he could figure out what to do; taking in what she confronted him with.  Why he started to feel remorseful he didn’t know, but he did, and the only thing he wanted to do was say sorry.

Jaehee stayed as stiff as a brick, finding Luhan unpredictable.  Luhan’s angry and ticked off face started to soften, but he still felt frustrated. He didn’t know what to do or why he had the feeling of guilt. I don’t know what to do. What am I supposed to do?! Okay, like I said before, ’fine’… I’ll do what she wants.

He cupped one of her soft cheeks as he leaned his head towards hers.  She gulped, feeling like it was impossible to look away from his captivating deer eyes. Her heart started to pound abnormally in her chest. She began to realize something familiar about the way he looked.

Luhan’s sincere expression overwhelmed her with memories of the only boy in the world that she thought wasn’t like any other boy, the boy who loved her, the boy who she thought was the one . . . the boy who left her behind.

She slowly parted her lips as tears formed in her eyes. Luhan noticed as her eyes grew sad and seemed to search his face desperately. 

He paused not knowing what to do. Did I make her cry? Starting to feel nervous and uneasy, Luhan sighed and rolled off Jaehee, sitting on the bed. He rubbed the back of his neck and cleared his throat.

“Fine.” He repeated. Jaehee blinked away her tears and started to breathe again.

“You can sleep here. It’s a start anyway.” He mumbled and got up to sleep on the other side of the bed.

Jaehee gulped and sat up. She hesitantly tucked herself in bed, trying to not disturb the devil spawn in case she accidently got into bed incorrectly. I may sound stupid, but he is the pathetic type to yell at me for something like that.

She slowly laid herself down on the bed, and rolled to her side so she didn’t have to look at him. She told herself to just close her eyes and forget that she was sharing a bed with it.

Meanwhile, Luhan watched as she got in bed.  Is she abnormal? Why does she have to make getting in bed so dramatic?  Omo, that punk! Did she just turn her back on me?! 

He scoffed.

“Yah!” He shouted, making Jaehee jump and flick open her eyes. 

“Aren’t you going to speak to me?!” He yelled. She angrily looked over her shoulder.  He can’t be serious. What a brat.

“Goodnight.” She replied sharply, pulling blanket over her head.   

It’s been awhile since someone’s bided me goodnight...  Luhan thought. He cleared his throat.

“What’s up with the attitude?! Why are you being rude to me?!” Luhan retorted, appalled by her lack of respect.

I’m so stupid! Why can’t I just keep my mouth shut? You know he’s a thug. 

“Ah sorry. Goodnight.” Jaehee said in barely a whisper. She wasn’t in the mood to be bullied.  

Luhan grunted and closed his eyes. I’ll let you off the hook tonight Lee Jaehee. Just this once.

During the night, Luhan had woken up several times by Jaehee’s winey voice.

“Shut up!” He groaned half asleep. It came to a point where he couldn’t take it anymore, so he sat up and ruffled his hair in frustration. He glared at the sweaty sleeping girl besides him, and slammed his pillow on her face. 

“I said shut up!” He groaned once more. Knowing that what he did made no difference at all, he grunted and rolled over so that his back was facing her. He clutched his pillow around his head to block out Jaehee’s wailing.

“Oppa I need you.” Luhan heard Jaehee whisper desperately. O-Oppa?! What the hell is this punk dreaming?! His curiosity took over him, so he rolled over to face Jaehee.

“Don’t die . . . Tell me that you’re in pain . . .  Oppa . . . Oppa . . . stay with me . . . I love you.” She whispered. Luhan was taken aback at her tight expression. She looked as if she was having a nightmare. He became startled when she started to scream.

Oh sh*t what’s gotten into her?! 

“Shut the f up!” Luhan furiously yelled. I’ve had enough of her. She’s disrupting my sleep!

Luhan quickly closed his eyes, when Jaehee jerked awake and sat up. She breathed heavily and held a hand to her chest. She swallowed down saliva as streams of hot tears stung her cheeks.  

She wiped away her tears and lay back down in bed. Tears stained her pillow as she wept. Sehun, I’m going crazy, I can’t stand this emptiness inside. It frustrates me like hell, to know that I will never see or touch you again.

Jaehee cried herself to sleep remembering the tragic end to her first love.

Is the girl-boy crying? Should I even be worried? Luhan questioned himself.

“Who are you?” He whispered. For some reason he wanted to know her story, her history.

 

***

The next morning the alarm brought the newly-weds out of their dreamland. Still half asleep, Jaehee reached over and turned the alarm off. She stretched out her body like a starfish, feeling something soft and bumpy under her hand. What is in my bed?

Luhan awoke from his sleep in an instant. He looked down to see a hand tapping and feeling its way down to his lower region.

Jaehee slowly turned her head to look at the object, while Luhan turned to look at the owner of the hand. They both widened their eyes.

Jaehee yelped and snatched back her hand with Luhan, screaming like he was being murdered.

“What are you trying to do, molest me? Gee and in my sleep too? Girl you must have some serious problems!” Luhan yelled, wrapping his head around what happened. Jaehee what kind of a person are you exactly?! What have my parents forced me to marry? She’s sick! She’s mental and p*rverted and-

“Yah!” Jaehee’s yell interrupted Luhan’s mental panic. He quickly pulled up the bed sheets to cover his body.  

“What kind of a person do you think I am?! Don’t flatter yourself; I’d never touch you like that! I still thought I was in my bed at home.” She defended herself. She huffed and marched out the room slamming the door behind her. He’s so irritating. Geez I can’t even stay still or think straight when he is around, so coming into contact with him is a no go zone with me. I think I might have Luhan phobia.

Jaehee walked downstairs and ate breakfast that the maids had left out for the couple overnight. When she finished having breakfast, she went upstairs to get ready for school.

She knocked gently on the bedroom door. Hearing no response she slowly opened it and peeked through. The room was empty.

Where did that devil go?

She curiously looked out of the window to see a figure run away. Omo, how did he jump down there?!  

Jaehee got ready for school and caught the bus. She sat in her usual spot next to Eunji.

“Hi~” Eunji chimed. Jaehee glanced at her. Why is she so happy to see me? It’s just me - Nothing special.

“Uh, yeah, hi.” Jaehee replied unenthusiastically. Eunji puffed.

“Can’t you at least pretend to be happy to see me?” Eunji asked. Jaehee didn’t mean to sound rude.

“I’m sorry. It’s just I’m not used to -”

“Having friends? That’s okay, you have me now!” Eunji cheered. Jaehee’s lips parted. She’s so blunt.

Lunchtime was approaching and Jaehee turned her head around to see Luhan’s empty desk. Where is he?

“So . . . what’s your husband like? How old is he?” Eunji asked during the noisy lunch break. Jaehee slowly stopped chewing on her food.

 Eunji found Jaehee to be very mysterious and unusually intriguing.

“Well I’m pretty sure he is my age, and the rest I don’t know. We literally got married like two days ago. But I’m scared of him.” She informed. Eunji chuckled, not realizing that Jaehee was dead serious about being scared of her husband.

Everyone stopped eating when EXO burst through the doors. They all came striding in, looking scruffy, and having bloodied lips and bruises.  

Bloody thugs. Jaehee thought, keeping her head down to avoid eye contact. She let go of her breath when they didn’t seem to realize her presence.

 “That was so close! I thought we were going to get caught.” Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief. The members agreed. The only reason they had come to school, was because they were being chased by the cops.

Luhan was still in a bad mood since the fight between them and one of their rival gangs, Beast.

Those pr*cks are always picking fights for no reason. What the hell is there problem? Next time I’ll beat them black and blue so they’ll never cross paths with us again.    

Jaehee glanced behind her to look at EXO. She met with Luhan’s hard glare. 

What is this girl-boy punk looking at? He thought and kicked her chair. She became startled and turned back around.   

“Omo, Jaehee are you okay?” Eunji asked concerned. She rubbed Jaehee’s back.

“At least now you have a husband to protect you from that thug.” She whispered. Jaehee fakely smiled. I wish. 

She still kept her head low so she wouldn’t be noticed. With her eyes, she looked around to see girls whispering amongst each other.

“What’s the deal with girls and EXO?” Jaehee asked Eunji in a low voice. She had only attended the school for a few months and still she never got it.  

“They’re every girl’s guilty pleasure. Everyone knows that they’re thugs and go around bullying students, but if you take a good long look at them, you can see, that under all their scruffiness, lay nine of the most gorgeous boys you’ve ever seen. Well make that eight, since Luhan was the young Kingka before he turned into a monster. It’s a shame really.” Eunji explained. Jahee mentally groaned and rolled her eyes.

“They’re just boys. No big deal.” She said annoyed. Eunji screwed in her eyebrows.

“Wrong. Just look at their facial features.” Eunji whispered nudging Jaehee. I can’t believe I’m doing this.

She carefully and secretively peeked behind her at EXO. Pft, they’re just faces. Normal male faces. There is absolutely nothing so spectacular abou- …

Her mind went blank as she examined them one by one. Wow . . . I had to admit it but . . . their features are perfect. Oh well, so what they have ‘beautiful’ features? They are still boys. They are still thugs. They still make my life a living hell. It doesn’t make a difference. Jaehee thought. 

Kai just happened to be looking around the classroom when he spotted a familiar face. He squinted his eyes and confirmed that it was Jaehee. Well isn’t this amusing?

When Jaehee and Kai met eyes, he winked at her. She quickly looked away while Kai smirked.  Ew! Gross, please Kite or Sky or whatever the hell your name is, what you did was disturbing. I don’t even like boys anymore. Even if I did, I wouldn’t even like you. She thought, trying to shake the image of him winking out of her head.    

Mind you, if I did like boys, who would I like? Lu-No! What are you thinking?!

Luhan caught Kai winking at someone. He looked over his shoulder to see Jaehee’s face turn bright red before she looked away. He scoffed and glared at Kai.

Why is he winking at that girl-boy?! What the hell is wrong with him?! And what’s up with her reaction?

Luhan scoffed again suddenly becoming ticked off. He stood up with his hands in his pockets.

“Yah.” He said sharply, standing at the side of Jaehee’s desk. Jaehee gulped and tried to not make eye contact. Don’t be scared, don’t be intimidated. Just think of him as a little fairy meeting his jolly little leprechaun friends, as they prance around in four leaf clovers on their unicorns.  

She giggled at how stupid and silly she sounded. Luhan gasped in outrage. She thinks I’m a joke?! We’ll see about that.

He griped onto her collar, pulling it up.  Jaehee gasped and struggled to breathe. The rest of EXO crowded around Luhan and smirked when they recognized Jaehee.

“You little punk. How dare you laugh when I’m trying to speak to you.” He spat through gritted teeth. Eunji stood up in protest. How dare he touch a girl like that! Luhan shot her a glare. 

“I have to go to the bathroom.” She gulped before giving Jaehee a reassuring look that she meant something else.  

“I wasn’t laughing at you.” She croaked out. Luhan didn’t believe her until he looked into her eyes. Her eyes glistened with fear.  From the expression in her eyes alone, it made Luhan feel cautious about his action. 

He sighed and let her free.

“Oh Luhan and Lee Jaehee come here right now.” A voice demanded. Luhan rolled his eyes at Mr. Kim.

“What?! What do you want?! What did I do?!” He retorted rudely. Suho gritted his teeth.

“Just come to my office now.” He ordered trying to keep his calm. He glanced at Jaehee and gave her a small smile.

Psh, as if. I’m not going nowhere. Luhan thought and stubbornly stayed his ground. Suho marched over and stood in front of Luhan. He kicked his students shin and dragged him to his office. 

“Argh! What was that for? I’m going to have my father hear of this.” Luhan yelled trying to intimidate the teacher.

“Please, your father gave me permission to use force against you when necessary, now sit.” He ordered, taking a seat in his own chair.

Luhan clenched his jaw and let out an agitated breath. Meanwhile, Jaehee just quietly sat in the seat next to Luhan.  

“Luhan, this behavior has to stop. It’s getting out of hand and damaging you and your family’s reputation.” Suho cautioned.

“Ha! Why do you care so much about me and my family’s reputation?” He asked rudely. Suho clutched his hands together and rested them on top of the desk.

“My reasons for caring do not concern you, they are personal. You have problems. So let me be the person to tell you now, that you need to sort them out. I’m free every lunch time for counselling sessions so please do come by-”  

Luhan rolled his eyes and interrupted. “Stop bullsh*ting me. I’ve got no time for this.” He growled and got out of his seat. 

“I know you’re married to Jaehee.” Suho called after him. Luhan stopped in his tracks and turned around to face him. Jaehee was shocked.

“How did you know?” Luhan asked outraged.

“My reasons for knowing do not concern you. Sit back down.” He ordered. Luhan stared at Suho strangely before obeying his order. What is up with Mr. Kim?  

“You have to control your anger. You can’t treat your wife the way you are treating her.” He informed.

“It’s not like I wanted her to be.” Luhan snapped back. Suho clenched his fists getting impatient with the latter’s rudeness.  

“What, and you think she wanted too as well? Wake up Luhan, because she is. Later on in life, in the real world, you will end up in a very dark and cold place if you keep acting the way you are.” Suho pause. Luhan fell quiet and played with his fingers.

“The both of you stand up please.” Suho ordered. They stood up from their seats. Suho came around from his desk and positioned the two students so they were facing each other.

They both avoided eye contact.  

“Right, Sehun place a hand on Jaehee’s shoulder gently.” He instructed. Jaehee’s eyes widened. No don’t let him touch me!

This is pathetic. Luhan mentally groaned and arrogantly placed a hand on Jaehee’s shoulder. Jaehee flinched at his touch jerking away, which surprised Luhan. He turned his head to face her and parted his lips. Why did she react like that?

Jaehee gulped and apologized. She clutched her shaky hands together.

“You see the way she reacted when you touched her? That is because whenever you touch her, it is always to hurt her. How do you feel about that?” Suho asked. Luhan knitted in his eyebrows in confusion.

How do I feel? I don’t know . . . there’s no way I could’ve traumatized her like that. She’s acting up!

Luhan glared at Jaehee and squeezed her shoulders, shaking her. “Yah stop being stupid! I’ve never done anything that b-”

“Ssh!” Suho shushed.

“Look at what you are doing to her. If you think you aren’t hurting her you are wrong. She is delicate so you treat her like she is fragile.” 

Suho stood behind Jaehee and pulled Luhan’s grip off her shoulders. Holding onto Luhan’s wrists, Suho pulled him forward so that he was only a few centimeters away from Jaehee. He wrapped Luhan’s arms around Jaehee’s shoulders lightly.

Luhan felt awkward and Jaehee began to shake at the knees. “Can you feel how lightly you are holding her? This is how you should interact with her from now on.  No more fists. Okay so you two from now on, promise me that you will give each other a hug a day. It will treat Jaehee’s little ‘Luhan phobia’ and hopefully teach you a few things too.” Suho said. Luhan removed his arms from Jaehee and took a step back.

Yeah, there is no way that’s going to happen.

“You two best be off to class now.” Suho informed. Luhan stormed out of the office whilst Jaehee stayed behind.

“Thank you Mr Kim.” She thanked sincerely, bowing.

“No worries.” He replied. Before Jaehee exited his office, she witnessed his cheeky but warm smile – a smile that belonged to the one she adored. Sehun…


 

I deeply am very sorry for not updating in like 3 weeks. I was very busy! I was literally saving the planet for a whole week, then school started again, then it was my b-day, and then I was reading a fanfic that sounded simular to this one and the events that I planned  to happen in this fic, happened in the other one so I was mind blown and had to plan my story out again. I'm kind of glad that happened though . . . this story might come off weird, but I'm weird anyways.

THANK YOU SUBSCRIBERS I LOVE YOU and if you've commented I ruv you even more. Please do not hesitate to give me feed-back and comment! They help.

I had 4 hrs of sleep last night (Big english assessment! don't ever leave them to the last minute!) and looks like tonight I'll only get 5 coz it's almost 1 am, but I don't mind because I'm updating!