Chapter 13

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 13

 

Seung Jo

Slowly but surely, I was turning into a duplicate of my scheming mother. Unbelievable? Yeah right! Could someone sense the sarcasm in my words?

My guilt had been tormenting me for some time, when I decided, that it was time, to get rid of it, by making my wife happy.

The problem was, I had no idea, how to pull it off on my own, at least not with so many people around. Simply said, I needed help.

And who could help me, if not the person, who had brought all of this up today?

I caught her, when she was looking around in the hotel lobby.

“Min Seol?”, I asked.

“Omo! Seung Jo oppa! You scared me!”, she placed a hand on top of her chest, as if calming her heart.

“Sorry.”, I smiled: “Actually, there’s something I need to talk to you about. Can you spare some time?”

“Now?”, she questioned and I confirmed with a nod.

“Sure, what is it?”, she wanted to know.

“How about discussing it while eating some ice cream?”, alright, I admit, I was bribing her and she happily accepted.

She was enjoying her banana split and looked up at me: “So, spill it out, oppa! What do you want to talk about?”

Now, this was hard for me: “I… need your… help.”

She raised her eyebrows: “With?”

“Can you distract Ha Ni today until, let’s say 11PM?”, she only had to know the least bit.

“Whae?”, she pressed on. Did she really have to be as stubborn as my wife?

“I want to surprise her…for her birthday.”, there! I had said it! It was out!

Min Seol grinned at me: “If it’s that, then I’m happy to be at your service.”

So, that was the easy part but what about the real ‘surprise’?

Honestly speaking, I had no idea. This whole thing (?) was pretty much new for me.

 

Ha Ni

After a long discussion with Min Seol, who had been sticking to me like glue today, I was finally standing in front of my hotel room. It was 11PM and I hadn’t seen Seung Jo the whole day. Wondering, where he could be, I opened the door, to find the room empty. The lights were on though. The door to the connected washroom opened and out stepped my husband.

“Where were you all the time?”, he asked.

“Min Seol kept me busy.”, I responded, remembering all the things we had done together.

“Oh. Yah, where are you going now?”, he saw me moving towards the wardrobe.

“I want to change my clothes. I’m tired, you know?”, I told him.

“There’s no need to change. Go freshen up. We’re going on a drive.”, he declared.

A drive? At this time? Maybe he… no wait! He doesn’t even know, that tomorrow’s my birthday. I just complied to his demand and half an hour later, we were sitting in the car.

“Where are we going?”, I was curious.

He smirked: “You’ll see.”

Why did, every person I knew, tend to use the same answer for my question?

The rest of the drive was silent, again but Seung Jo was smiling throughout.

Strange…

At some point the car stopped and I averted my sight from my husband to the scenery outside.

My eyes widened and I looked back at the person beside me.

“You liked this place, didn’t you? You said you wanted me stop here, when we drove past, on the way to the hotel. We didn’t have time earlier, so I thought, you’d want to come here, even though it’s nighttime.”, he said, his face serious.

He was startled, when I hugged him suddenly but tightened his arms around me as well.

I broke the hug, a question in my mind: “Why?”

He pointed his finger at the time display in the car. It said, midnight. And that meant what?

He seemed to understand my confusion, for he spoke: “It’s your birthday.”, his hand moved to the backseat and came back with a bouquet of flowers.

“17 white roses, for all the colorless years, I didn’t know you. Four roses, two yellow, one orange and one pink, for the years, I spent with you, first a nuisance, then friendship and at last love. And one red rose, for almost one year of our married life.”, he paused for a while, before saying a few more words: “22 roses, my life…now yours too.”

I swallowed hard, trying to stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks, it didn’t help anyways.

“Why are you crying?”, he asked softly.

I shook my head: “I’m just happy, that’s all.”

He wiped the tears off of my face: “If you’re so happy with receiving flowers only, then maybe I should keep the present and the cake.”

I turned to look at the backseat. There was a package from a bakery.

Why didn’t I notice anything beforehand?

Some time went by and we were sitting on a blanket at the beach.

“Seung Jo-ah.”, I called for his attention. He was looking at the shallow waves in front of us.

“What?”, he said turning his face in my direction.

“I got flowers, we ate cake and you even sang for me… why the sudden interest in my birthday?”, I just had to ask.

“You’re hurting my ego, Ha Ni. Do you really think I’m that cold-hearted, that I wouldn’t want my wife to be happy on her birthday?”, he questioned, pretending to be hurt: “And one more thing, I told you I also have a present for you, right?”

I had totally forgotten about the present.

His hand disappeared in the pocket of his jacket and out came a small box in wrapping paper. He handed it to me and ordered: “Open it!”

And I did. The black box contained a silver bracelet with a few charms, weird charms. There were exactly ten of them. As I examined them carefully, I noticed their special meaning.

  1. A can: Our first encounter in school, by the vending machine.
  2. A letter: Obviously my infamous love letter.
  3. A book: Me blackmailing him, into studying with me.
  4. A bottle of alcohol: Me getting drunk and him carrying me piggyback for the first time.
  5. A camera: Mom releasing a picture of us sleeping together on my desk.
  6. A mike: Our first kiss in the karaoke bar.
  7. A tennis racquet: Seung Jo training me for a tennis match.
  8. An umbrella: Seung Jo confessing to me, our kiss in the rain.
  9. A white dress: Our wedding.
  10. A plane: Our honeymoon.

Seung Jo, closing the bracelet around my right wrist, pulled me back into reality.

“Everything that happened between us is very important to me… You are very important to me.”, he kept his eyes on my wrist and my wrist in his hand: “You’re the only person, who could make me do such things, as planning a surprise.”

 

Seung Jo

Had I really said all those cheesy things just now? I was whipped, so whipped, it was actually unbelievable.

I was silently arguing with myself, when I felt Ha Ni crushing her lips on mine.

My hands cupped her face in an instant and pulled her closer to me, it was some kind of natural instinct, when we shared a kiss. An Instinct, that made me want more, always more.

I loved it, whenever she was the one to initiate. Like the one time, at our wedding, even though I had been embarrassed but there was a little part in me, which had been happy.

That part of me grew every time, she took the lead.

This time I was also happy for another reason. The surprise. She liked it. I had thought, I’d mess up everything but I didn’t. Thank the lord, for that!

Alright, it was time to go back to the hotel, or else I wouldn’t be able to stop myself. Not that I wanted to stop, it’s just better in a room, or a car…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys

So, so so sorry that I'm late and that I broke my promise with that!!! But my mom had me occupied all day, saying: You have to do this and that and so on and on...

Sounds lame? It is but it's still true, you should know, how moms can be sometimes.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter, if you do, then please tell which part of it you like the most! 

I'm still inspired but I don't know when I'll be updating soon (again maximum is a week)

And again thanks for commenting and subscribing. I just noticed that there like 130+ comments for my story. And all of them are actually positive =)

Love you guys for your support and patience! Please keep doing that :D

Kamsahamnida!