Chapter 35

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 35

 

Author

“Eun Jo! Min Seol!”, Seung Jo’s voice boomed through the whole house.

The two in question came running instantly: “What happened?”, they asked in unison, before they discovered a cowering Ha Ni on the floor.

“The baby is coming! Eun Jo call mom and tell her to come directly to the hospital. Min Seol take the prepared bag and put it in the car, I’ll help Ha Ni down.”, Seung Jo gave instructions, while he pulled his wife from the floor.

After everyone was seated in the car, Seung in the driver’s seat, Eun Jo in the passenger seat, Min Seol, Ha Ni and Kyu Shin in the back seat, the drive to the hospital finally began.

Seung Jo kept looking back at Ha Ni, who seemed to be in pain and was gripping her sister’s hand: “Did you call mom?”, he asked Eun Jo.

The latter replied with a hint of annoyance: “Yes I did. Would you just drive hyung?”

“Min Seol are you sure, you didn’t forget anything?”, he was really nervous.

“No, oppa, I didn’t forget anything. Would you just drive?”, she winced. Ha Ni was gripping her hand very tightly.

“Ha Ni are you alright?”, it was his third question in a row.

“I’m in labor pains, how can I be alright Seung Jo? Now would you just drive?!”, she said as calm as possible.

“I am driving but did-“, he was cut off by all three of them, before he could utter another stupid question: “Just drive!”, they yelled together.

 

 

Seung Jo

Why was it that, although my wife was in pain, I seemed to go crazy? I didn’t get it. I was a doctor, for god’s sake. I was supposed to keep my cool, in such situations. Ten hour long major surgeries, sure that was no problem but a woman giving birth, no wait, my wife giving birth, had me going like a maniac.

We finally arrived at the hospital, after what seemed the most chaotic car ride, in my entire life and Ha Ni was brought into the delivery room immediately.

She was clutching my hand, all the while, as Dr. Hong explained to her, to do the practiced breathing exercises. She complied but her screams of pain were still deafening and I felt so helpless. I couldn’t do anything to ease her pain expect for holding her hand. Her pain was agonizing me.

“Ha Ni you need to push one last time.”, Dr. Hong’s soothing voice said.

One last time? This was the seventh time, she had said that.

“This is the seventh time she said that.”, Ha Ni told me, practically yelled at me. She was counting? How could she be counting at this critical moment? Well, I was counting but I wasn’t in pain, unlike her.

I ran my free hand over her sweaty forehead, shoving some hair strands away: “It’s going to be okay.”

I didn’t know, I was such a good actor. I was reassuring her, while I felt, as if my whole world would come crashing down on me, any second.

I kept whispering consoling words in her ear, until I heard a cry that was entirely different from my wife’s, who was huffing by now.

“Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Baek! Your little daughter is finally here.”, a nurse handed me a small bundle, in a pink towel.

I stared at the little miracle in my hands. She was so tiny and so pretty.

“Ha Ni, she’s beautiful!”, Ha Ni looked, like she would pass out any minute but was still smiling. Her arms reached out towards me and I placed our daughter in them.

Tears rolled down her tired face and my fingers brushed them away instantly: “It’s over.”, I told her: “She’s here.”

She nodded: “Baek Jae Mi…”, she whispered, in amazement: “Welcome!”

 

Author

The Baeks and the Ohs were waiting impatiently for any news of the new Baek member, when Seung Jo walked out of the delivery room, a content smile plastered on his face.

Everyone was gathered around him in a second, everyone asking different things at once: “How is Ha Ni? Was the baby born safely? How is the baby? Can we see them, now?”

He silenced them all and then answered their questions, one by one: “Both, mother and daughter are fine. Everything went well. Ha Ni was exhausted, so she fell asleep. They are moving her and the baby to a room. You can see them there, in a few minutes.”

Relieved sighs were let out, before the whole family started congratulating the father and each other.

Two hours later, Seung Jo was seated next to his wife’s bed. Ha Ni was still passed out and their family had left a few minutes ago, with the promise to be back tomorrow.

He kept his eyes on the small figure, in the crib, on the other side of the bed.

It was his daughter, his flesh and blood, his and Ha Ni’s. This thought made him look at his wife.

He had known it for a while but he could admit it only now. Ha Ni was the best thing that had ever happened to him and she had given him the most wonderful gift, he could think of.

He bent over and pressed his lips on her forehead. She stirred a bit, so he pulled away, which only woke her up completely.

“Hey.”, he smiled.

“Hey.”, she mumbled, trying to sit up.

Seung Jo held her in place: “You should rest some more, Ha Ni-ah.”, he said softly: “You just gave birth a few hours ago.”

“Where is she?”, Ha Ni asked instead.

He pointed to the crib: “Wait, I’ll get her.”

With their daughter in his arms, he returned to her and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Ha Ni’s eyes widened: “It’s really our daughter, isn’t it?”

He nodded slightly: “She looks a lot like you.”

She shook her head: “She looks more like you.”

He chuckled lightly: “Let’s say, it’s a fair share between us.”

After a brief silence, Ha Ni voiced her thoughts: “She’s amazing, don’t you think so?”

“Definitely!”, he agreed: “We should let her sleep though.”, with that he put her back into the crib.

Once seated in his chair again, he took his wife’s hand in his and his thumb started drawing circles on it.

She gazed at their joined hands for a while and then at her husband, who was staring affectionately into her eyes.

“Did I ever tell you, how much I love you?”, he wanted to know.

She just kept on looking at him, so he continued: “I really, really love you! Don’t ever forget that!”

Her face formed a teary-eyed smile: “I love you too but I think you know that already, right?”, she sniffed.

He placed a feather-light kiss on her lips: “I know...”

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

The baby is finally here! YAY!!!

Haha, I never thought, I would actually get to this part, when I started to write this story but I did and I'm glad about that...

Oh well, I don't have anything else to say except the usual: As always, thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting and supporting me so much!!!

Also, if you have any questions something to critisize, then please tell me! 

Kamsahamnida! 

p.s. (I almost forgot...) Sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes =)

p.p.s. (I would never forget this though) I LOVE YOU <3<3<3