Chapter 26

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 26

 

Author

Eun Jo was waiting at the school gates, for Min Seol to say bye to her friends and come out. He felt weird. It was the first time, he was waiting for her. Normally, he would just go home and she would come running after him, catching up on his way.

But this was necessary. He had to talk to her. It was important.

There she was and she beamed at him, as she came to a halt, in front of him: “Hey! I thought you were already gone.”

He shook his head: “I need to talk to you. Let’s go?”

She knew what he wanted to talk about. She could see it in his behavior. She nodded to his suggestion and they began walking.

The first few minutes stretched in silence and Eun Jo finally decided to speak: “How are ahjumma and ahjusshi? The baby’s coming soon, isn’t it?”

“They are fine and yeah, the baby is due in a month.”, she went along with his small talk, awaiting his real question: “How’s Oh Ha Ni hyung-soo doing?”

“She’s… miserable.”, were her words: “I feel, as if there’s a dead person living with us. She doesn’t talk to anyone properly. She doesn’t eat and I can’t remember the last time I saw her smile, genuinely.”, she paused: “You know, what the weirdest thing is? She doesn’t sleep at night instead she watches some late-night cooking show and cooks. And honestly, she’s even gotten pretty good at it.”

“Why are you surprised by these things Min Seol? It’s been over a month, since she moved out. No wonder, she’s behaving strange.”, was Eun Jo’s conclusion.

“What about Seung Jo oppa?”, now it was her turn to question.

He let out a bitter laugh: “If Ha Ni hyung-soo is miserable than hyung is quite the same. Omma is furious at him, for not doing anything about this situation, even appa is angry, he doesn’t care though, about what they think.”

“What about you? Are you also angry?”, question number two from her.

He sighed: “No. I actually pity him. He might be good at hiding it but he misses her, like crazy.”

She snorted: “How can you be so sure about that?”

He stopped in his tracks, she did the same and he stared right into her eyes: “He’s my brother, I know him. It’s always been like him, to be a loner, until Oh Ha Ni came walking into our lives, that is. He’s back to his old self again but that’s not all. At night, he paces outside my room, in the hallway and then stands in the balcony for hours. You know, why he does that? He can see the kitchen window of your house from there. He watches her, whenever he’s home, at night.”

 Min Seol stared right back at him: “If he misses her so much, then why DOESN’T he do something?”

His features formed a grimace: “It’s his damn ego. Let me tell you something. He’s gone insane, totally berserk. I saw him talking to that huge, stuffed teddy bear, in their room. Can you believe that? He was TALKING to… to… it. I heard him complaining, how hyung-soo is ignoring him at work. His ego is bruised and he lost all of his confidence, as it seems.”

Min Seol’s mouth was wide agape now. Seung Jo had been talking to a stuff toy?! Was that even possible? But she snapped out of her trance, quickly, the other things Eun Jo had said, coming to her mind, as well: “His ego is bruised, you say? What about unnie, than, huh? If his ego is bruised, just by her ignoring him, than what do you think, unnie’s ego looks like? At this rate, it should be crushed by now, badly broken, or totally inexistent. Didn’t you say it yourself? HE was yelling at her and HE ignored her afterwards. Now tell me! Shouldn’t HE be the one, to apologize?”

He was taken aback by her sudden outburst but stood his ground: “Look, I know you’re right but I can’t force him, to say sorry to her. He has to figure out a solution on his own, or else this fight, will be for nothing. If someone pushes him, then he won’t realize his mistake.”

Yes, that made sense.

Both teenagers continued their walk, in silence, once again.

When they reached Min Seol’s house, Eun Jo hesitated: “Is she there?”

Min Seol, knowing who he meant, confirmed: “Deh, it’s her day-off.”

“Can I come in?”, he finally asked. She smiled and gestured, for him to follow her.

Though they lived next to each other, it had been a while since any of the Baeks (except Seung Jo) had seen Ha Ni. And Seung Jo wasn’t the only one, who had missed her. The house seemed to be empty without her. Everyone wanted her to come back, yes Eun Jo did too.

Once inside the house, they proceeded to the living room. Ha Ni was sitting on the sofa and watching TV.

“She’s obsessed with these cooking shows, I tell you.”, Min Seol whispered to him and said in a louder voice: “Unnie, someone’s here, to see you.”

Ha Ni stood up and turned around. Her face lit up, the moment she saw her brother-in-law: “Eun Jo-ah.”

Eun Jo struggled to keep his face composed. It was his sister-in-law, his elder sister but she looked so… crushed. She was skinnier, looked tired and most of all, her optimistic character didn’t show, at all. He felt a burn in his eyes. Tears? He tried, to blink them away: “Noona!”

As if they had a mind of their own, his legs dragged him towards her and his arms hugged her tightly.

The tears had started falling freely now, hers and his as well. He never had thought, he would miss her presence that much. Not even his brother, had he missed that much, when he had moved out.

“Please, come back home! I’ll call you noona, for the rest of my life. Just come back! Everyone misses you.”, he muttered, as they broke the hug.

She smiled at him, it was a worn out smile though: “It’s not that easy!”, she whispered and brushed his tears away…

 

Ha Ni

It had been a while, since I had seen him last, over a week. I was avoiding him. I neither had the strength, nor the courage to face him. It just hurt too much.

Today, I had seen him. Our eyes had met, for a brief second, before I tore them away. But I had still noticed something. The dark circles under his eyes and that tired expression on his face. He hadn’t been sleeping, not taking care of himself. That idiot!

 

Seung Jo

I had seen her today. She was ignoring me as always but if only for a moment, our eyes had met, before she had turned her back to me. She had looked so skinny. Wasn’t she eating enough? I saw her cooking every day, she should be eating too.

I walked into the locker room and opened my locker.

There was a packet of medicine… and a note. I unfolded the paper, with my heart racing. It read:

You look tired. Take the pills and get some rest.

 

There was no sign on it, nothing.

I clutched the note to my chest, before putting it in my pocket. There was only one person, except me, who knew the combination to my locker.

My body trembled with delight and excitement.

She was still there. I hadn’t lost her. There was still hope…

End of Chapter

 

Hey people!

Well, here goes another chapter.

We're slowly getting to the better part of the crisis, I just want to see Seung Jo suffering a bit more (*laughs evily*). So don't worry, because as I told you guys once: My Stories will always have a happy ending :D

How do you like this chapter?

About Eun Jo, I know it's not like him, to behave the way he did, when he saw Ha Ni but I think, it was time for him to be nice to his sister-in-law.

He'll go back to being his bratty self with her, after that but I think she ought to know, that he sees her as a big sister.

I guess I'm really updating fast, must be because I'm inspired. I hope it stays like that for a while...

Anyways, thanks for reading, subscribing, supporting and commenting! 

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. (as always) Sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes. =)

p.p.s. I love reading your comments guys. It makes me realize, that you are just as much into my story, as me =D

p.p.s. I LOVE YOU ALL, MY READERS!!!!!    <3<3<3