Chapter 23

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 23

 

Min Seol

Life had been a torture for me, since three weeks!

At home I had been, once again, alone, since I hadn’t had the courage to visit my sister, out of fear, that I would encounter her brother-in-law.

School hadn’t been better. The fact, that it was my first year in this school hadn’t helped. All my new friends, if I could call them that, had turned their backs on me and instead of defending me, they had done the exact opposite…

Today, I sat in my seat, at the far end corner of the classroom, trying to tune out all those backstabbing people around me, when a boy came to a halt, in front of my desk. He placed a small note on it, winked at me and went back to his seat.

I opened the folded paper:

Meet me!

Time: lunch

Place: basketball court behind the school

                                                                   Make sure, you’re there!

                                                                             From: you know, who I am…

I sighed. Not again!

 

Eun Jo

It was lunch. Some of my friends and I went to the canteen, to grab something to eat. On our way there, we passed the basketball court behind the main building.

I noticed two figures standing in the middle of it. One of them was my all-too-familiar neighbor, Min Seol.

“Hey guys, can you go ahead? I forgot something in the classroom. I’ll just get it.”, my friends didn’t ask anything and proceeded in their way.

I stepped closer to the two people on the court, so I could understand their conversation.

“Yah Choi Yun Ho, I told you to stay away from me, didn’t I?”, Min Seol seemed to be irritated, her voice was awfully calm: “Also, I said it a hundred times, I don’t like you.”

That guy had confessed to her? And not only once but a couple of times?

It was the boy she had beaten up in gym class, a few months ago.

He let out a snort: “Why don’t you like me? Is it because of Baek Eun Jo?”

Because of me? Did she like me?

Her cheeks had turned pink: “That has nothing to do with you. The only thing that matters is, I, don’t, like, you!”

He made a face: “So it is because of him! I thought, you would distance yourself from him, after I put those pictures of you up.”

What?! It had been him?

Min Seol’s head snapped up, she looked, as if she could kill him: “You did that?”, she screamed: “Wasn’t one beating enough for you, that you shamelessly admit your doing, without a hint of regret on your face?!”

She launched herself at him and my legs raced towards her, on instinct.

I stopped her fist, from colliding with his face, just in time. She was out of her mind and struggling against my grip on her wrists.

“Kim Min Seol, don’t do that! He’s not worth it!”, my voice was somehow soothing.

I turned around and saw that little bastard staring at us, with a satisfied grin. Disgusting! I didn’t know, what snapped in me, in that moment but the next thing I remembered was, the sound of my fist meeting his jaw…

 

Seung Jo

Finally! My eight-hours-shift in the emergency room had ended. I had just changed into my normal clothes, when Ha Ni walked into the locker room.

Her face lit up, as she saw me: “Seung Jo-ah!”

I tried to smile but it didn’t really work: “Hey! Did you finish your shift?”

She nodded and walked closer: “You look tired.”

Her right hand reached out for my cheek. She touched it slightly and then traced the dark circles under my eyes, with her delicate fingers. I placed my hand over hers and stared into those beautiful eyes. My other hand pulled her body closer, until it was pressed against mine.

She closed her eyes in anticipation, as my head drew down, towards hers.

Our lips had barely touched, when I heard someone clearing his throat. We jumped apart, like two teenagers caught by their parents. This must have looked pretty ridiculous, because I clearly noticed Na sunbae stifling a laughter, as Ha Ni rushed to the changing room.

He patted my shoulder: “Not as cold, as we all thought, huh?”

I could still imagine him laughing, at the time Ha Ni and I entered the car.

“That was embarrassing.”, Ha Ni stated, sinking down into the passenger seat.

I gazed at her: “Didn’t you want me to show more affection in public?”, I asked her sarcastically.

She glared at me for a second but eventually her glare turned into that pretty smile, I loved so much: “We left business unfinished Dr. Baek.”

I smirked at her and my lips made contact with hers, at last. Her lips parted easily, giving me access to . She always tasted so sweet! Our tongues were fighting for dominance, as I rested me hand on her exposed knee, slowly moving it up to her thigh, shoving the offending material of her skirt away.

And once again, I ask you people: Do you know, what happens at such moments?

The answer is still the same: The phone rings!

And that’s what happened, my phone started ringing.

I let out a disappointed groan, as my wife pulled away from the kiss, not liking the feeling, of her lips leaving mine, at all.

Checking the caller-ID, I took the call: “Yeoboseo? Eun Jo?”

Why was he calling me right now? Wasn’t he supposed to be at school?

My brother’s voice greeted me at the other end of the line: “Hyung, can you do me a favor and come to the principal’s office, in my school? If hyung-soo is free, can you bring her too? And please don’t tell omma or appa anything about it! Please!”

Eun Jo rarely asked me for any favors. This had to be something urgent then, if he even wanted Ha Ni to go there. And what was that? I wasn’t supposed to tell mom and dad about that? That was strange: “Arasso, we’ll be there in thirty minutes.”

“Thanks!”, he exhaled audibly. Had he been holding a breath?

We hung up after that and I explained the situation to Ha Ni.

 

Author

The couple arrived twenty minutes later at the school and rushed off to the principal’s office. To their surprise, they didn’t only find Eun Jo but also Min Seol there, waiting for them. After an hour of talking to the principal, Ha Ni and Seung Jo were allowed to take their siblings with them.

The four of them stopped, on their way home, wanting to eat belated lunch.

Each of them was seated around a table, near a window, in the small family restaurant and had already ordered.

While waiting for the food, there was this awkward silence. Though the two teenagers didn’t seem to be in a war anymore, which was something very pleasant, the two older siblings wanted to know, what was going on.

Seung Jo was the first one to speak: “So, does any of you bother, telling us, what happened?”

“The principal already told you, didn’t he? I hit a classmate and Min Seol was there.”, It was Eun Jo, who had replied. Seung Jo stared at his brother, who stared right back at him: “Eun Jo-ah, I know you. You would never do such a thing, without a proper reason. So, what is it? Tell us!”, his voice was soft, as he spoke.

“It was not his fault!”, the words left Min Seol’s mouth before she could think.

Eun Jo hushed her: “There’s no need to tell anyone anything.”

“But-“, the girl didn’t have the chance to say more.

“Min Seol, no!”, Eun Jo said dominantly.

Ha Ni was getting angrier and more annoyed by the minute, while listening to her brother-in-law: “Eun Jo-ah, shut it! And you!”, she pointed to her little sister: “Talk!”

Min Seol obeyed within a second: “It’s true, Eun Jo did hit that guy but if he didn’t do it, I would have.”, she paused for a moment: “You see, that guy had confessed to me before and today he did it again. I rejected him for the nth time and he told me, he was the one, who put that poster on the black board.”, her temper was rising and she continued: “He looked so smug and had that damn grin on his face. I might have killed him, if Eun Jo didn’t stop me. And the punch, that he threw at him, that bastard deserved it!”, she was huffing at the end of her little speech.

The two brothers watched her, with their mouths agape at her use of vulgar language, unlike Ha Ni, they weren’t used to Min Seol, speaking like that. Well, Eun Jo maybe was a little but not Seung Jo.

Suddenly, Ha Ni let out a giggle: “Min Seol-ah, it’s good that Eun Jo stopped you. I’m sure, that guy wouldn’t have survived another blow from you.”

Min Seol now also laughed out, joining her sister. Seung Jo and Eun Jo watched the laughing sisters, each of them thinking, how amazing those two were and a bit envious, of their gift, to laugh so freely, in situations, which were not funny, at all…

End of Chapter

 

Hello my dear readers!

Here I am once again. That was a pretty fast update for me. Looks like i'm inspired and motivated again :D

Anyways, about this chapter: Eun Jo's and Min Seol's fight is finally over. I'm sorry but as you can see, none of you guessed right, about the culprit of the poster LOL

I wanted it to be someone unexpected, did I succeed?

And as I promised, a small HYUNMIN scene again, even though this chapter was about EUNMIN, was the HYUNMIN scene cute enough?

Just tell me, how you like this chapter haha :P

Thank you, to all my avid readers, subscribers, commentors and supporters! I love you all <3

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. (here I go again...) Sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes =) 

p.p.s. I just noticed that I wrote from Min Seol's POV for the first time and just a second time from Eun Jo's, was it alright?