Chapter 14

Special Kiss (Playful Kiss 2)

 

Special Kiss Chapter 14

 

Author

“Happy Birthday!!!”, everyone cheered and clapped, as Ha Ni blew out the candles on the cake. The celebration was held in Gi Dong’s hotel room.

Ha Ni had now officially turned 22. Presents were handed to her along with well wishes. Geum Hee noticed, that her son was, once again, the only one, who hadn’t done so: “Yah, Baek Seung Jo! Don’t you have a present for your wife?”

Seung Jo shook his head: “She already has it.”

“Really? What is it?”, she asked all excited.

“It’s a secret, mom.”, he explained.

Geum Hee shrugged: “Fine! You don’t have to tell me, as long as you give her something.”

Meanwhile, Min Seol was trying to find out, how the surprise has been: “Unnie, did you go somewhere yesterday?”

Ha Ni smiled at her: “Shouldn’t you know, if I did? You were with me all day long.”

“I mean after our ways parted.”, Min Seol continued her inquiry.

Ha Ni let out a small laughter: “I knew something was wrong. You helped him, didn’t you? That’s why, you were sticking to me like glue, yesterday.”

The girl in question only grinned: “So, tell me about it! Please! Did you get a gift or flowers?”

Ha Ni sighed happily: “Both of them.”, she held up her wrist and showed Min Seol the bracelet.

“It’s really pretty but what’s with the weird charms?”, Min Seol eyed them suspiciously.

“That’s a secret, Min Seol-ah.”, Ha Ni ended the conversation and walked to her husband, who was, once again, seated all alone. She sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Tired?”, Seung Jo intertwined their hands.

She shook her head no: “I don’t know… I guess, I’m just not in the mood for a big celebration, that’s all.”

Seung Jo smiled: “Well, that’s a first.”

The couple just sat there for a while, saying nothing, taking in their surroundings.

There were Gi Dong and Soo Chang (Mr. Baek) with their guitars, singing. Then there were Geum Hee and Eun Jae chatting happily and lastly there were Eun Jo and Min Seol… fighting, again. Actually it was more like, Eun Jo shouting, Min Seol shouting back and occasionally blushing.

“The situations those two always get in, seem to be oddly familiar. It’s really funny, don’t you think”, Ha Ni said after a while of silence.

“Funny? I actually think it’s creepy.”, Seung Jo stated, remembering how his little brother had saved Min Seol from drowning today.

It seemed, as if history was repeating itself. Seung Jo and Ha Ni both wondered, how that was possible.

But right now was not the time, to be thinking about those two. Eun Jae and Gi Dong were more important, at that moment, at least in Geum Hee’s and Ha Ni’s opinion.

Today, the trio had been determined to execute their plan.

 

Ha Ni

Though, I had told Min Seol before, that mom’s plan would work out for sure, I wasn’t really convinced.

Somehow, after my birthday party, we had managed to lock appa up in his room, all alone with ahjumma.

Ahjumma had complained to mom about a headache and had asked for a painkiller. Mom, as wicked as she was, had given her a sleeping pill instead. So, at the time everyone had been cleaning all the mess from the party, she had fallen asleep already. Again mom, knowing very well that the effect of the medicine would not last much longer, had used the opportunity to kick everybody out of the room and lock the door from the outside, when appa had excused himself, to use the restroom.

So back to my doubts, sure, those two had had a huge crush on each other for years, who knew; maybe they were even in love. I only hoped they wouldn’t end up killing each other, because of their stupidity, when it came to matters of the heart.

“Tell me!”, Seung Jo’s voice snapped me back to reality.

“Tell you what?”, I looked at him, lying next to me, his elbow propped on the bed, his hand supporting his head.

“What you’re thinking about.”, he explained.

“Nothing in particular.”, he was not supposed to find out about the plan.

“Why is it, that I don’t believe you? Oh well, I won’t force you to tell me, it’s still your birthday.”, aha, he was trying to be nice.

Honestly, the midnight surprise for my birthday had left me so happy, I still wondered, how he had been able to do it, in such a short time at that.

Yes, I knew he had started planning only yesterday afternoon. Min Seol wasn’t able to keep a secret from me.

All this made me curious but if I asked him or not, he wasn’t going to tell me, that was for sure.

So, instead of asking him the actual question I asked another one: “Is this your new hobby? Asking me, what’s on my mind? I thought, you know me inside out, like an open book, didn’t you say so yourself?”

“Did I? Of course I know a lot about you, still, the both of us are so different from each other, it’s probably not even possible for me to know everything. I’m pretty much sure, that there are many things, I don’t know about you.”, he paused: “Also, what’s wrong, with wanting to know my wife’s thoughts?”, he added ironically.

He was right. So what? I knew it was fun for him, finding out new things every day.

I decided to mock him a bit: “Nothing is wrong with that but what was that? Are my ears betraying me now, or did the prodigy, Baek Seung Jo, just admit, that he doesn’t know everything?”

He smirked and with one swift movement, he was hovering over me: “Enough of that! How about thanking for the surprise first, before asking anything further?”

“Thank you.”, I said simply.

“I didn’t say mere words would do, now did I?”, he leaned down, his nose touching mine: “I meant something like this.”, the small gap between us faded, as he pressed his lips on mine...

End of Chapter

 

It's a double update, so the actual author's note will be at the end of the next chapter... :D