The Fundamentals of Kai and Krystal

Royal Pain

"Why are you guys standing here?" Krystal asked as she walked up to Luna and Baekhyun, "Why aren't you sitting at our seats in the courtyard?" another day of school, yet Krystal found it odd that her two friends are found by Luna's locker talking instead of their usual table in the courtyard. Luna and Baekhyun simply gave their friend a look knowing crap is going to go down. Krystal isn't about to be a princess and possibly the Queen of South Korea one day, she doesn't need any training to be one as she is already a queen in her own kingdom, Hankuk College. So whatever Krystal commands, happens..

"Well," Luna continued knowing what she's about to say is going to start a royal brawl. "There are 8th graders sitting in our table, Krystal was suddenly alarmed upon hearing this as she glared into the distance containing her inner rage. Without saying a word the future princess walked off in the direction of the courtyard ready to pull out extensions of young freshman girls. Baekhyun and Luna simply looked at each other knowing that these poor innocent girls will be later pronounced dead by Krystal Jung, so they ran after their friend knowing that someone needs to hold back the princess.

From a distance the girl could see four young girls sitting at her table, without any mercy she stormed towards them and threw her bag onto her reigning table. This shocked the freshmans sitting by the table and it definitely grabbed the surrounding crowd's attention. The girls definitely knew who Krystal Jung is and they knew that 'Krystal Jung  I will kill you look' but they were unaware that they were sitting in her territory, if only they knew they wouldnt have proceeded to sit there. Krystal stood there and just stared at them without saying a word, it was a stare off with Krystal vs the innocent freshmans.

"What is happening?" Sehun asked Chanyeol as he approached a large crowd surrounding Krystal. Opposite to Krystal, Sehun was not one to play these type of games and schemes, he stayed away from drama as much as he can. Ironic how he is dating the Queen of Drama, the one who can ruin lives, the Queen of Hankuk College. Chanyeol chuckled, "Your ex-girlfriend is testing these 8th graders, I feel sorry for them they don't know what they are in for." At the moment Baekhyun and Luna ran towards the crowd and stopped when found Chanyeol and Sehun who were observing this manifest from a front row seat.

Still Krystal didn't blink and continued to glare at these girls. Being new to the school these girls obviously did not know what was going on or why Krystal was being very frightening towards them. One of them did notice the stares of the surrounding students when they first sat in the free table but all was ignored when the others didn't care too much about it. Little did they know that this was Krystal Jung's table and no one should sit there but herself, her friends and anyone else she invited. "Sorry, is there something wrong?" One of the girl's finally spoke up, of course she was crapping her pants at Krystal's frightening appearance. Krystal continued to not say a word and just increased her glared to an even more scarier glare. The freshmans sitting at the table obviously did not know what to do or to say, they gave each other signals and quickly scramble their belongings before dashing away from the table and Krystal as possible.

Frustrated that even happened Krystal finally sat down at her table feeling home at last. The crowd who found this all so amusing walked away with quality content of gossip to talk about as Luna and Baekhyun followed their best friend back to their seats. "Wow its only 9am and you already made 4 girls cry," Sehun laughed as he approached the table with Chanyeol.  Sehun still gets surprised with Krystal's abilities, he has the best of the best security in the world yet Krystal is scarier then all of them put together. That is Queen Krystal we are talking about.

Krystal continued to read her book while talking to her boyfriend, "Exactly its only 9am, I've still got the rest of the day." Everyone in the table chuckled knowing that Krystal Jung is no joke. All was good, apart from the previous table stealing incident everyone was getting along. Sehun too, he finally has forgotten the incident that Kai caused the week before at the debutant ball. Sehun and Krystal have been sneaking around all week, most of the time Sehun has been sneaking into Krystal's room late at night. It turns out the Blue house security isn't the best if Sehun has managed to sneak into Krystal's room at night. It was extra hard keeping away from Krystal, he can barely talk to her or let alone be seen with her as someone is bound to catch them together so Sehun sneaking into Krystal's room at night is the only time they can really talk to each other.

Sehun was about to sit at the table and hang out with his friends but when Sehun looked up he saw Kai standing on the balcony above him which made him stop. His brother was simply staring at him with a grin which means he is up to something. Sehun was smart enough to know that Kai is a dangerous person to play with, especially the game he played at the ball. "I'm going to study at the library," Sehun explained before heading off in frustration. He knew that as soon as he sits next to Krystal, Kai would be reporting straight to his father.

Krystal looked up from her book as she watched Sehun walked away. She was feeling glum that she cant even sit with secret boyfriend. Before the incident she was able to sit with Sehun, no one knew that they were dating but she was still allowed to sit next to him at least. Since the incident Krystal has taken it hard, she has taken any time she had to throw the worst insults against her future husband Kai. She began to be more bitter, more angry at everyone hence why she was unforgiving in that incident with the freshmans. The only moment she got was those nights where Sehun would sneak into her room and they would fall asleep together, it was moments like that she truly cherished. Krystal looked around and then above her to see Kai just standing at the balcony. She gave him her iconic glares knowing he was the reason behind as to why Sehun walked away from her.

The future princess ever wonder when will this end and if there is an end what will be the resolution?


"Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet was about two star-crossed lovers written in 1597 this lamentable tragedy was a play where woman weren't allowed to be in the play," The group of friends and Kai were all in English class learning about the tales of Romeo and Juliet. Intrigued about it all as always Krystal was listening hard,  the studious Sehun was writing a lot of notes, Luna and Baekhyun were texting, Chanyeol was half asleep and Kai was definitely in another headspace. Kai had a very sort attention span and only could listen to people talk in little amounts of time. So Kai was only listening for the first 2 minutes of the class before his attention moved onto a more interesting thing. Kai has managed to sticky tape 4 pens together making a long line of pens to annoy the person in front of him.
 

Who was the unlucky person in front of him? Of course it was his future wife. Kai found this trick much more amusing then old Romeo and Juliet, so he proceeded to reach out to Krystal by using his line of pens to touch her backside. At first nothing could be felt, but then it reached to her ear and Krystal was suddenly furiously swiping what she thought was a bug. "What the hell," Krystal whispered at the annoyance of this supposedly bug but it was so loud the whole class heard even her teacher. Everyone stopped and saw Kai right in action, "Prince Kai, what are you doing to Miss Jung?"

Krystal turned around and found Kai reaching over his desk with a line of stupid pens. "Omg you idiot!" Krystal cried as she took the line of pens and snapped it in half. "Hey why did you just break that! Was that necessary?" Kai suddenly got mad at Krystal for snapping his line of pens. Krystal replied with a poke with her tongue showing karma.

"Kai I'll see you in detention later!" The teacher called out and continued his class. He already is aware that kai is one problem child so serving him detention was not hard for him to give out to. "What sir!" Kai cried as he hated detention, another hour of sitting in silence and not doing anything. "This is stupid!"

"Well you shouldn't be annoying me then," Krystal whispered as she turned around giving Kai her 2 cents.

"Well you shouldn't be annoying me then," Kai mimicked.

"Hey stop that!" Sehun turned around and warned his brother, he was sitting two rows down from Kai and could hear him form where he was sitting.

"Hey Stop that!" Kai mimicked as well poking fun at his brother and his fiancé.

"Ughh you're annoying," Krystal utter coldly as she turned around and went back to face the front of the classroom.

"Okay wifey," Kai whispered but Krystal caught him saying it. She frustratingly turned around and reached for Kai's head where she grabbed his hair and gave it a pull while her other hand gave it hit. Sehun and other classmate that witness Krystal's swift move found it hilarious as in one movement, she managed to get back to her seat in time before the teacher noticed.

"Ow you !" kai screamed which scared the whole class.

"Now you owe me 2 detentions my Prince," The teacher announced as he continued to teach his class hoping for no more distractions.

"Urghh!" Kai grunted as he kicked Krystal's chair in front of her making it move a bit. He was in rage at how easy he was getting detentions because he is known as a pest in class. If Krystal or Sehun were to get in trouble they'd have to go through at least 3 or 4 warnings to finally get detention but no that’s not possible because Krystal and Sehun are the class favourites and Kai is seen as a nuisance. Not only his teachers find him useless, his parents and his classmates hence why he doesn’t have friends and sits alone at lunch. The public do not favour him as well. Kai is stuck with this burden on his back as this nuisance to everyone.


 

"Miss Jung when will Prince Kai get here?" The reporter asked Krystal who was nicely dressed for this interview for a Korean talk show. School just finished and Krystal went straight to MBC to get her hair and makeup done rather then going to extra curriculum activities or home to study, just your usual princess duties. She was supposedly meant to conduct a live interview with Kai for a talk show, but its hard when its meant to be live on TV and Kai is no where to be found. "How am I suppose to know?" Krystal sassily answered as she was getting her last touches done to her makeup by a makeup artist. This interview is suppose to be the couple's first interview hence why it was important for Kai to be there. It didn't worry Krystal at all as she couldn't care less about these interviews and Kai but since its their first time being seen on TV together this was very important to the Royals and the upcoming Royal wedding.

"He's your fiancé, cant you ring him?" The reporter asked Krystal who suddenly was alarmed with what she said. Sometimes she forgets that’s she is fake engaged to Kai and sometimes her true feelings towards Kai comes out. "yeah sure I'll give him a call," Krystal lied knowing that she doesn’t even have Kai's number. Luckily she didn't have to pretend to be on the phone to her so called fiancé because at that moment the Prince came running  into the door. "This idiot," Krystal whispered to herself.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," Kai bowed as he quickly ran next to his fiancé who was standing by the green screen waiting for him. In all honesty Krystal did not give a single dam about Kai being late, more then anything she wished he was even more late so he can get in trouble. Ever since they were kids to now Kai always finds himself teasing Krystal, he gets some sort of satisfaction from making fun of her and thrive off Krystal's reaction.

"Okay we go on live in 2 minutes!" The reporter explained as she can finally feel at ease that kai made it to this interview. As helpers get him into his mic Kai kept playing with Krystal by fiddling with her hair hoping it will annoy her. "Stop it!" Krystal harshly whispered in a furious tone but of course kai didn't listen and continued to play with her hair. "I said stop it!" Krystal this time slap Kai's hands away and still it was not stopping the Prince from playing with Krystal's beautiful kept hair.  "I said Stop it!" Krystal kept arguing as she kept slapping Kai's chest hoping she can get him out of her hair, literally out of her hair. 

"3,2,1, Live!

Krystal and kai stopped their argument and quickly faced the camera knowing they are on TV. Fake smiles were found on their faces as they were introduced on the show by the reporter, "We have Prince Kai and our future Princess of South Korea and the current President's daughter miss Krystal Jung." kai and Krystal bowed and did they greeting which proceeded to the interview.

"So Prince Kai and Krystal, when is this wedding happening?" Kai and Krystal were asked by the reporter. The truth is the two have not discussed about the wedding as both have tried to stay away from the discussion about any wedding happening. "Well," Kai continued trying to find the right words to string his sentence. "We are in the talks of it but I want to make sure that Krystal and I have at least graduated high school at least,"

Krystal flashed her fiancé a fake smile as the crew behind the cameras were in awe with the royal couple. "So as the Prince and Princess of Korea and future King and Queen what will you be doing to benefit this country," the reporter asked. The royals are known to have very strict activity, the way they do things to what they said is always being watched. Something the royals hate is scandal so they have very clean reprutation for the public to see. That is why every word that comes out of Kai's mouth was thought about very carefully. So Krystal was told to keep quite for most of it and let Kai talk until she gets proper training on interviews. "We have discussed this and we want our youth to look up to us," Krystal was surprisingly shocked with Kai's brilliant answers. When he's not annoying her he definitely knew how to answer the right way. "We also want to decrease the rate of suicide in Korea especially in the younger generation and minimise the stress of school and getting into university. We definitely want a change what teenagers are perceived as and we want to be the best example of that. Our youth is important to the nation as we are the future leaders, with the upcoming war we aren't afraid to be looked up to, we want our youth to be knowledgeable and strong and to do that we need to create programs in schools or education sessions. My fiancé and I want to be that change in the future of South Korea."

The crew definitely wanted to clap for Kai and his beautiful speech. Everyone seemed to agree to him as today's youth know more about kpop idols then the current state of the country, or the youth today are looking up to people like Krystal and Kai who are very materialist people, this is not what you want your future leaders to be like. Krystal looked at Kai in awe, surprised that he just said what he said. She was surprised that 4 hours ago this boy was annoying her with a line of pens and now he's talking like a real prince, a leader. Sehun is pretty smart but even he couldn't pull of a good speech like this that came from his heart. Krystal couldn't help but feel amaze and continued to look just stare at Kai in awe.

"That’s amazing my Prince," The reporter who was lost in words tried to carry on the interview. "So the nation is excited to hear our young prince is in love and we have watched you grow up and now we are watching you get married? So how did you two get together?"

Now this was the question Krystal was not taught to answer, there was no proposal let alone any real love between the two so it was a hard question to answer when there is no backstory behind their relationship. Kai attempted to tackle this tricky question, "Well Krystal and I have known each other since we were kids, her father and my father are best friends. We spent all of our school lives together and I don’t know when it happened probably on 2nd or 3rd grade but I started liking her," Kai looked at Krystal with sincerity and contiuned to answer the question. "One day I saw Krystal in a ballet class and that was when I developed a crush on her, she was so happy and passionate and from there I made it my life's mission to be with her. I didn't want to tell her the truth so I a lot to get her attention and that carried on till before I left for the US. One day I was going to tell her how I feel after years of crushing on her and when I did saw her with my younger brother hugging. I was so broken so when my father wanted to send me away I was happy to go,"

Even though Krystal believed it wasn't true the story did warm her heart. She could see the sincerity behind Kai's words which made everything truly believable. The future princess gave her prince a look, she looked straight into his eyes and for the first time she saw a very sincere Kai. If Kai was acting he should be given an Oscar, his portrayal of a broken hearted boy was so believable even Krystal began to believe questioning if it even happened.  "So how did you get together when you went over to the US?" The reporter asked. Kai got out of his trance and looked back to the camera with a shy smile. "I wrote her a letter about my feelings and she replied back. She explained that she was only friends with Sehun and from there the rest is history."  Krystal still looking into Kai's soul was found in a trance with Kai's story, it made her question if it truly happened or not.

 

5 years ago.

 

"Dear Krystal,"

A 12 year old Kai wrote on a blank sheet of paper, hoping to give this to Krystal one day.

"I know you don't like me, I know you think I'm a horrible person and I know that bullying is really bad but I just want to say that you are beautiful. I'm writing this letter to you because I don't know how to say how I feel in person but all this teasing and tormenting is not to hurt you but simply get your attention. I find that you have no interest in me but when I tease you, you tell me off or look at me disgustingly, that is enough for my heart to beat fast, for my sweat to arise form my body and for me to make my day. The truth is I hate making you feel bad and ruining your day but I can't help myself because I love you… I hope you can accept my feelings, Love Kai"

Kai with a grin from ear to ear folded his hand written letter into an envelop and wrote Krystal's name as the addresser. He happily got up and headed out to give this personalised letter to Krystal.

"kai where are you going?"

Kai walked back to his father's office where he found his father looking a bit angry with him. Kai even back then was a troublemaker and tends to get in trouble a lot with his father. "Come into my office NOW!" The King yelled at the young Prince. Kai didn't know what he has done this time, probably form all the trouble he has caused he has miss counted what he has actually done. Kai knowing he's in trouble sat down in his fathers office not feeling angry about his probable punishment but the fact that he has things to do like hand this letter to Krystal.


"I've talked to your teacher," The King continued. "She told me how you hired a zoo keeper and placed a snake in Krystal Jung's locker?"

 

Kai chuckled to himself as that prank was a mastermind of his, a snake in a locker? You should have seen Krystal's reaction if she could have faint she would. "Its not funny!" The King enthused as he saw his son laughing at the not so funny matter.

"You can't even prove that its me," Kai explained knowing he has cleared his tracks.

 

"Well Miss Jung said it was you because you always pull pranks on her, I'm not surprised either I would have said its you too."

 

Kai rolled his eyes, again with the assumptions. Its always him, he gets blamed for everything. Technically he is a fault 90% of the time but what about the 10% when he didn't do it? Because of his history of trouble making he tends to get the finger put on him which can be frustrating when you may not be the one who did it. "That’s Bull!" Kai seized. "If Sehun did that, I'd somehow still get blamed for it?"

 

"But did he do it?" The King asked.

 

"No," Kai muttered as he bowed his head knowing he is in the wrong.

 

"Look," the King continued. "I hate to do this but you have disobeyed me way too many times and your antics in the future can ruin the reputation of this family. So I decided I'm sending you to the US for a while where you can attend boarding school there, hopefully that can straighten you up,"

 

"No father I don’t want to!" kai cried. He hated how boarding school is so far away from civilisation, he knew that boarding school was some sort of punishment and that he was only to go to boarding school if he has done something wrong. Kai also wanted to stay because of someone who he held special in his heart…

 

The king got even more furious that Kai was even fighting back so he grabbed his son by his collar and got to his eye level, "I bought you into this family, I'm giving you the throne the least you can do is not destroy this for me. So you owe me a lot." The King pushed Kai to the ground and walked away knowing his decision is final. The young prince is not much of crier, he rarely shows emotions but he was feeling all kinds of sadness that he couldn't help but cry. He cried because his father has not faith in him, he cried because no one will ever respect him or believe him, he cried because he is leaving his life behind and moving to a very isolated place and he cried even more knowing he will be away from Krystal.

 

Kai got back up from his feet and ran out of the house, past his security who chased after him and over the fence of the palace. It’s a rule that every Royal must never leave the ground of the palace without security but Kai didn't care he just needed to get out of this corrupted house. With that Kai managed to sneak out by using his fast athleticism and skill and ran as fast as he could to Krystal's house.

 

By Krystal's house is a park, Kai knows that Krystal spends most of her time there reading her books when she's not at ballet class. It wasn't far from the palace so kai could easily access the park by foot. With his luck he found Krystal sitting down at a picnic table under a tree reading a book. As always she looked beautiful and peaceful. Kai began to make his way to her by stopped when he noticed his brother Sehun sat next to her. From memory Sehun was pretty close to Krystal as they are in the same classes as they are the same age but Kai didn't know that they were close enough to meet outside of school.

 

Krystal at the time wasn't Krystal Jung yet, the Queen of Hankuk college. Back then she was very quiet and shy and barely said a word. Everyone was engraved with her beauty and aesthetically liked how quiet she was, it went well how she perceived herself. Krystal was a very quiet girl that barely spoke a word but the minute she said or did something, something amazing would come out which made Kai fall for her in the first place.

 

Kai watched from afar as he watched his brother sit next to Krystal, for the first time in awhile he watched Krystal smile and laugh with his brother. It hurt a bit but Kai was hoping for the best that it wasn't anything, in his head he kept thinking they were just friends. All changed, when Sehun leaned in to hug Krystal and Krystal hugged back. It could have been a friendly hug but this hug lasted for awhile and looked like it was very passionate and with love which crushed 12 year old Kai's heart. It was something in him that broke him at this sight, it was there he knew that he had no chance with a beautiful elegant girl like Krystal. Girls like her go for guys like Sehun who are smart, good looking, nice and respectful. He was the absolute opposite to Sehun, meaning he had no chance at all.

 

This not only this began a life changing moment for Kai but also became a supposed faux story for the royal couple 5 years later, little did Krystal know that this story that Kai  explaining was mostly true and were based on true events from his life.