Ingredients To The Perfect Brunch Date

Royal Pain

Sunday morning's is a day of relaxation and reflection. Normal people spend their Sunday mornings reading the morning post, going to markets or attending church. It sounds all swell but the South of the Han river where the rich and wealthy of Korea live do their Sunday morning's different, they have brunch. For these fortunate souls they do brunch with champagne, a strict dress code and a hundred of their closest friends. You can say that this is more of an event and you are correct it is, you know the rich and wealthy they like to do extravagant things. No need to worry though, this brunch event is not just a normal event with food that qualifies for both breakfast and lunch. These events are always amusing as it always involves an dramatic entrance, an argument, drama and a secret that is yet to be discovered. This is probably enough entertainment  foryou on this fine morning.

So sit back and watch the beauty unfold of the rich and famous, see how they do brunch at the South of the Han River….


 

The Royals were hosting their own Sunday brunch at the palace where the King and Queen of Korea had plans to announce their new foundation for the homeless. The guest list includes the riches of the rich that exclusively live in the South of the Han River. The Jung's, Byun's and Park's families have been invited to this prestigious event, however, Luna's family's names are not found on the guest list, its been noted that they didn't even RSVP to the invitation which is a weird site. The Park's passing an brunch event at the palace, is the world suddenly ending? Too bad they were missing out on gourmet finger foods and small talks with different socialites that try to impress each other but in reality hate one another.

Event such as this was Krystal's mother's favourite thing attend, she love making conversations with rich woman of her kind. She claims she likes to make a networking to benefit her husbands presidential position but Krystal knew all too well that her mother was just a climbing socialite just like every other person attending this function. If she could Krystal would much rather read a book in her room then spend her Sunday making fake conversation with fake people. However, you don't choose the world you are brought in and Krystal has no choice but to go as her mother explains that they must all attend to show that the Jung family are a strong force.

Dress in designer from head to toe Krystal showed up with her parents to a hall full of important people of Korea. "Think about the pastries you are about to devour," Krystal thought to herself as she entered the hall bracing for dreadful 2 hours of fakeness, welcome to Krystal Jung's world. Luckily this was an event hosted by the royals meaning her secret beau is somewhere to be found in the crowd. She made her way through the crowd of spectrums to get to her boyfriend.

Since they got back together the prince and Krystal decided to keep their relationship a secret. It is not ideal for Krystal but she allowed Sehun to talk her into thinking it was the only way for them to be together. It can be a big issue on Krystal's behalf as she is in the public eye having her father as the president of the country, already she hates that a part of her life is being followed by media. Revealing the fact that she's dating the Prince will not make it easier for her and her reputation. As for Sehun, he's the Prince and being part of a monarchy you must follow rules that comes with it. Being a prince means his parents are the ones who chooses who he marries and he can only date the person he marries, that would be a big scandal if the media caught Krystal and Sehun's relationship and Sehun breaking the rules of monarchy. Pretty much this would be one huge mess if their relationship was revealed to the public.

Still looking for her boyfriend, Krystal made a pit stop to pick up some pastries where she ate it on the side. "Hi," Krystal heard a whispered from behind, she turned around to find Sehun who gave her his iconic angelic smile before standing next to her. Suddenly this event got less boring, "Hi," Krystal greeted with a bow so she wont get in trouble for not bowing for the Prince. After her bow Krystal quickly cleaned her face just in case she had left over crumbs. "So what did your mother had to do to get you to come today?" Sehun asked as he proceeded to have a normal conversation. From afar it looked like two friends having a normal conversation. It was situations like this that made the both Sehun and Krystal feel a little broken, they wished they could hold hands as they have a conversation in public. In their world they can't have conversations without people getting suspicious, so they must limit all contact. "She promised me a Gucci bag from Milan when she gets back from Italy next week," Krystal responded making the prince quietly chuckle.

"Well I'm glad you came, you look beautiful today," Sehun had to address. Krystal was definitely beautiful she had a unique style that mixed with high end and her own business style which Sehun adored. The girl felt like she was in primary school again with her crush, Krystal quickly hid her face due to her continuing to blush by Sehun's compliments. She was very much infatuated by him, being separated from him made the love between them grow even more. It was hard to show him off to her friends and family or show any affection in public but loosing him the first time was hard she'll do whatever it takes to keep him even if she had to hide her love for the prince.

Krystal's mother bowed in the presence of the prince, "Hello my prince," Krystal's mother greeted as she joined the conversation between the two. Sehun being the kind person he was smiled and bowed for his elder/ mother in law even when royals do not bow to anyone. "How are you Mrs Jung?" Sehun asked after his bow, if he couldn't get more nicer he grabbed the hand of the first lady and gave it a kiss. He wasn't being nice just because she was the first lady but also she was the mother of the girl he loves, even though she didn't know about their relationship he still wanted to prove to Krystal that he respects her parents. Of course it warmed Krystal's heart, how is a boy like this alive? He's too precious for this world.

Even the first lady blushed, the prince was too kind and it didn't help that he was a handsome young man, "You're too kind my prince," the first lady complimented. After that sweet exchange the president joined in their group circle after he gave the prince his greetings through a bow, "How are you my prince?" the president asked.

"I'm very well thank you Mr. president," Sehun bowed to his elder and his secret father in law, trying to be as respectful he can. In his 18 years of living, Sehun has never bowed to anyone until now, that’s how much he cared about showing respect to his girlfriend's parents. "Oh no my prince, no need to bow," the president insisted as he helped Sehun get up from his bow.

"He did the same for me, he's such a lovely boy," the first lady added as she was amuse at how respectful Sehun was as a prince.

With that they were once again interrupted with another person who join their group conversation. "He certainly is, I did raise him," the Queen, Sehun's mother pointed out making everyone part of the conversation chuckle. "You certainly raised him well, I wish you can teach my daughter here some respect," the first lady indicated towards her daughter making Krystal dart her an, 'are you serious?' look.

The queen laughed at that comment before changing the subject,  "Can you believe our children are seniors now? I remember attending their first day of primary school and now they are graduating high school at the end of the year."

"Oh don't get me started, I'm not only feeling old but I'm also looking old. I need to go for a visit to the Byun's for another facelift," the first lady joked making everyone once again laugh at the joke before moving onto the next topic of small talk. "But Krystal what are planning on doing next year after high school? You do have your mothers looks and your father's brains. I'm interested to see what you will do next?" The Queen asked. This topic was a triggering topic for the Jung's, well really it’s a triggering topic between Krystal and her mother. The first lady was once an super model in the late 80's- early 90's therefore she wants to pass the modelling baton to her very beautiful daughter. Through her mothers connections Krystal has done editorial shoots for exclusive brands but she has different ideas after high school, this is where her and her mother disagree. "Oh funny you ask that, Krystal was approached by three different European modelling agencies when she was in Paris this past summer. Krystal is definitely going down that pathway," the first lady answered for her daughter.

With delight the Queen asked Krystal if this is the case, "Good job but no surprises as you are as beautiful as your mother," the Queen commented. Sehun could see Krystal was biting her lip, he has been with Krystal long enough to know what she what are her plans and modelling is not apart of it. He is also knows that Krystal is very opinionated and that she won't let her mothers words speak for her. "Thank you my Queen, I love modelling but I believe I shouldn't waste my talents and work towards a more challenging role, I'll be at university next year," Krystal coldly stated as she threw another eye stares directly at her mother. Tension between the mother and daughter quickly escalated. Krystal has been modelling on the side since she was a baby just to please her mother, she might have wanted to be model when she was kid something her mother has held onto that thought but Krystal is now an adult who has changed since her first Guess campaign at 5 years old.  Krystal has since discovered other personal interests since then. She became a firm believer of education and Sehun taught her to be humble for what she has. She has everything in the world and she knew that one mistake someone can take all away from her but with an education no one can take that from her.  She wanted to be powerful an influence to young woman,  she knew she cant be that influencer without an education. Krystal was a hard nut, when she says she wants something she will work very hard for it, even when she can just use her daddy's money as a shortcut. Therefore, she has made up her mind that she'll be going to college to make her dreams come true.

The first lady was not happy, she always wanted a daughter to follow in her footsteps. Krystal would be a perfect model, she had the height, body structure and face for it. She didn't understand how she gave her daughter the features of a supermodel but yet she didn't want to take advantage of it. However, a woman wanting power? this was catching the interest of the Queen, she wanted to hear more of Krystal and her future plans. "What degree will you take then dear?"  The queen interestingly asked as Krystal's mother was signalling her with her hands to stop talking.

"Political science and Law, I want to follow my father's footsteps  and get into the political world," Krystal answered as it surprised the Queen.

"That’s big shoes to fill but I know with your determination and the brain you have inherited from your father you can make it," the Queen advised as she gave one big proud smile, even Sehun was proud of Krystal for speaking up. She wasn't just amazingly stunning she was also all brains and made the most courage's decisions that she wasn't afraid to share, how can you not fall in love with that? "Oh the sugar from the pastries have gotten to her head, she definitely does not want to take a position where men are in control." The first lady then turned to face Krystal hoping what she'll say will shut her daughter up , "Honey why don’t you just drop it and leave the job to the men."

Now the conversation escalated to a whole new level of awkwardness, did the first lady just say that? One thing Krystal kept close to her heart was her identify as a female, she believed that woman are as strong as man and anyone that justifies against that will never hear the end of Krystal Jung. Even Sehun knew this was a bad string of words from the first lady but what kind of brunch would it be if there is no fight?

 "Leave it for the men?" Krystal asked as she took a deep breath in and out before continuing this argument. "How many times do I have to see this country fall because a man has made a stupid decision with his ruling? I may be a woman and you can say I belong in the kitchen but I'm sick of powerful man who think they know everything making decisions for me. I don’t want to be raging socialite like you mother, I as a woman can make a difference in the world. What man can do I as a woman can do better." Krystal's words weren't as harsh as planned as she was speaking to her mother and still valued respect but she needed to show her mother that what she said was wrong. This obviously rattled her up that she took her bow for the Prince and Queen and took off to the champagne bar where she grabbed 2 glasses of champagne and skull them both into to calm her down after that confrontation.

"Honey, omg what are you doing?" Baekhyun asked as he stopped her and took the empty glasses away from his friend.

"I'm trying to forget what my mother just said to me," Krystal answered as she tried to reach for another glass next to her but Baekhyun quickly grabbed her hands and kept it away from the table of chamapnge glasses. "Let me guess you were arguing about modelling again?" Baekhyun asked knowing his best friend and her mother way too well.

Krystal nodded and sighed as she wonders when will this modelling idea of her mothers will ever end, she's been manipulating Krystal to be a model for the last 18 years of her life its got to stop some time soon right? Sehun came over to Krystal and Baekhyun who chuckled at the blow up he just witness. "Is she mad?" Krystal asked Sehun about her mother, even though her mother managed to piss her off she did feel bad for embarrassing her in front of the prince and the Queen. "Oh she's furious, I wouldn't go home straight after this, maybe give it some time for her to cool down," Sehun explained as Krystal nodded. Even though this exchange was kind and sweet, Baekhyun who is also part of this conversation was confused as to why is he seeing two ex lovers standing next to each other without any traces of angst towards each other. However Baekhyun was unaware about their secret relationship and he knew that if there was something happening Krystal would tell him, after all they are best friends. With that the boy just ignored it and assumed they were friends and contiuned to introdcue the person he came to the brunch with. "By the way guys I want you to meet my date," Baekhyun signalled a boy near by who was awkwardly standing by himself looking out of place. "Chen meet my friends, Krystal and Prince Sehun, guys meet my date for today, Chen," Baekhyun pulled his date into the conversation circle and introduced him to the others. 

"It’s a pleasure to meet you both, " Chen greeted as he bowed in front of the Prince and shook Krystal's hand,

"Oh so you go to Hankuk College, I've never seen you before," Krystal asked realizing that Chen hasn't let go of her hand.

"No I go to Seoul High," Krystal quickly retrieved her hand from Chen's. Seoul High? A public school? The students that attend there are middle class families who try to be the families from Hankuk College but can't due to their limited funds. To Hakuk College, Seoul High is a joke to them, hence why Chen was a little nervous to mention his school. Of course Krystal's face looked a bit disturbed that she's talking to Seoul High student and if she could she wanted to make fun of the school but since it was her best friend's date she knew she had to hold back out of respect for Baekhyun.

Sehun chuckled, "Its still a school, our school may be fancy but way people treat each other can be trash sometimes."

"Yeah no I'm sorry Seoul High, the name itself is already a joke," Krystal pointed out being her usual judgemental self. 

"Krystal!" Sehun eyed her.

"Don't worry about her she's just being Krystal, " Baekhyun sighed knowing this was going to happen, luckily he already warned Chen about the snobs in the guest list and the biggest snob of all, Krystal Jung. He insured Chen to not feel offended of what comes out of Krystal's mouth.  "But since you’re my best friends' date then I must accept you. Just don’t go stealing the cutlery here, these are actually imported from overseas and probably cost more then your house. You probably have nothing like this at your type of parties," Sehun and Baekhyun looked at each not even surprised at Krystal's choice of words. They both made the world's fakest laugh to ease the tension, luckily Chen thought it was a joke, if only he knew that it wasn’t.

Before the conversation can move on to another topic from the awkwardness that Krystal created, an familiar face intervene and invited themselves into the conversation. "Krystal! Sehun!" Chanyeol greeted as he gave Krystal a friendly hug and gave Sehun a bow. His actions made it suspicious to Krystal which she quickly picked up on, she noticed that Chanyeol didn't even greet Baekhyun or ask who was with Baekhyun which she found extremely offwas weird. However Chen being unfamiliarised the social system and where he sat in it extended his hand to Chanyeol for respect. "Hi, I'm Chen, Baekhyun's date."

Chanyeol turned around to face Chen and Baekhyun, he stared at Baekhyun for awhile before giving Chen a sarcastic smile and ignored his greeting. Slowly Chen let his arm down and felt awkward about it, of course Krystal was watching the whole interchange and knew something was going on, Chanyeol isn't one to ignore people like that. "Are people from Hankuk really this rude? No one seems to call out their rude manners" Chen whispered into Baekhyun's ear as Chanyeol was in a deep conversation with Krystal and Sehun facing his back towards Chen and Baekhyun. Usually Baekhyun was one to call out people and their rudeness towards him but this time he let it go knowing that Chanyeol had every right to do that. Baekhyun's quitness did raise even more suspision as Krystal knows her best friend and she knows he is a fighter and will argue with anyone that is rude to him.  

"Yep," Baekhyun sighed. "Welcome to my world,"

This was not the brunch the Chen was expecting, he knew that people from Hankuk College were snobby rich kids but he has never felt so degraded in his life for simply attending a middle class school. He thought coming to a brunch was going to be fun and it was going to be low key, but the thing is, the south of the Han River do not do brunch like that. In fact this brunch is getting boring,  its time to introduce the dramatic entrance and the drama. What is a brunch without it?

The small chatter sound of people in the room instantly stopped when a presence turned the atmosphere cold. It felt like a gush of shivering cold melted over the room, everyone was looking at the same thing. Elements of unexpected, surprise and unwanted was the ingredients to a dramatic entrance that enhanced how a true brunch should be held.

"Oh my god!" Krystal whispered as she was shocked at this presence,

"Is that?" Baekhyun couldn't hide his jaw dropped as he tried to point out who it was but he couldn't find the words to say his name.

"No way," Chanyeol too was in shock among others as for the first time in 5 years his best friend is here.

"Kai?" Sehun whispered his brother's name as he watched Kai approach him. No one has seen him in years, there is a conspiracy theory going around that he died in the US and the royals were covering it up by saying he resides in the US. Other's said he ran away because the King refused to give Kai the crown because of his bad boy behaviour. No one knows why he moved away from Korea, but all rumours claim false when his presence entered the room. There was a strict dress code of suits and cocktail dresses typical Kai chose make a statement and attend this prestigious event in docs, black rip jeans and an casual sleeveless shirt.

No one could make a single move as they were all shocked from what they were seeing, a scruffy looking Kai with long dirty hair walking towards them. "Why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?" Kai asked as he faced his brother and his former classmates. The others did not know what to say or what to do as this is the first time in 5 years he's made an appearance in Korea. Last they saw him, he was just expelled form his 6th school and looked a lot more cleaner then. "Brother!" Kai seized as he gave his younger brother a big hug. Sehun visited his brother 3 years ago, the next time he tried to visit he was told his brother didn't want to see him. He grew up with growing anger towards his brother for what feels like neglecting him and for 2 years he refused to see his brother until the past summer where he decided to visit his brother. The two were never close, Sehun was studious, responsible and smart while the other was loud, obnoxious and mean, they maybe brothers but both were just oddly different. Sehun was shocked as to why Kai was showing affection him when he spent the whole summer chasing after him while Kai was running away from him. He was confused at why Kai looked so happy but then again he knew that this might be one of Kai's games, unlike Sehun, you can't trust this prince. "How are you little bro?" Kai asked enthusiastically in a sarcastic tone. 

"How are you?" Krystal was the first to speak up. She was feeling more anger then shock as she remembers comforting her boyfriend during the times he was upset when his brother refused to see him. "You haven't seen your brother in three years and all you say is 'how are you?'"

Kai turned his attention to Krystal, he looked at her up and down making his smile grow. "No way, Krystal! Well puberty hit you hard like a truck," before Krystal could defend herself Kai gave her a long harmless hug. After the inappropriate comment and the unwanted hug Krystal did not feel comfortable so she pushed away as hard as she can from Kai. "Get off me you smell like a wet dog," Krystal glared as she fixed her clothing from Kai making it wrinkly.

"I see, you still haven't change still y as every," he smiled as he moved on to look at Chen which he gave a weird look to. "Well you look different Luna," Kai joked as he gave him the same long unwanted hug making Chen confused as ever. Kai continued his greetings as he gave Baekhyun and Chanyeol a really big smelly hug, however, only Chanyeol was the only who showed the same amount of excitement compared the other considering Kai is one of his best friends.

"Kai?" The king weaved his way through the crowd when he heard his son was inside the palace, the queen followed behind him. "What are you doing here?" Normally a parent would be happy to see their child after a few years of not seeing each other but in this case the King was not happy to see Kai and it was obvious.

"I came back to my see my amazing loving family," Kai cheekily smiled as went in to hug his mother and father but didn't get to when his father pushed him back and refused a hug from his eldest son. "Why are you really here?" The King demanded answers.

And here comes the drama 

"Well father, I'm here to give your check back," Kai slammed a piece of paper on his father's chest. "I don't want to hide anymore,"

"Hide?" Sehun stepped intrigued by what Kai has just said.

"Sehun step out of it, this is between Kai and I," the King hastily said as he continued to grow more and more angry.

"You don’t know don't you," Kai chuckled knowing that this was a case. He knew that his father would do anything from a scandal coming out of the palace. Kai found a way out and was ready to out his family, he didn't care the replications of this, he needed the whole world to know what his father has done to him. "He hid me in solitary confinement in boarding school after I was expelled from my last school in Korea , I wasn’t allowed to leave my room unless I had class and during holidays I had 2 hour outdoor privileges. For the last 3 years father paid me and help to me to places, this past summer I heard you were looking for me but of course dad didn't want you to see me so he paid me and royal advisors to take me to Europe where I was escorted from city to city until I ran away,"

Everyone in the room at this point was listening to Kai's story and everyone was shocked about it but also the fact that the almighty King known to be a nice one has done this to his son. "I had to keep you away, you were trouble, I needed to protect our family our royal blood!" The king tremble.

"No you didn't, you just didn't want a scandal! You dont care about me or your family you just care about you title as King,'" Kai raised his voice. Suddenly he felt his mother hold on to his shoulders.

"Lets take this somewhere else okay," The King calmly whispered as she lead Kai out of the hall and into the other room. Sehun tried to follow the King but his father stopped him by pushing him away before walking off to his other son and wife. As soon as the royals left the room the volume of the chatter instantly was raised as everyone was suddenly talking about what just happened and what really happened with Kai, the long lost prince. The group of friends who just witness everything first hand were still in shocked that happened, Sehun especially.

He didn't look too good so Krystal placed her hand on his shoulder comforting him but he shrugged it off and walked off. "Sehun!" Krystal cried as she followed her boyfriend into another room.

"What just happened, was that Prince Kai?" Chen asked as him being an outsider only just realize that it was the prince itself. Baekhyun just nodded and walked away needing air outside, little did he know Chanyeol followed him outside.

"Really you bring a date to a brunch, how dare you," Chanyeol angrily pointed it out to Baekhyun. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes, he really isn't in the mood to get into an argument with Chanyeol, after what he experienced. He just saw a friend after 5 years without seeing him just walk into a party like nothing was wrong and his revelation made thing even more shocking that Baekhyun couldn't cope it. He definitely felt bad for his friend Sehun knowing that this was all too much for him to handle. If Baekhyun was feeling bad how much more Sehun? "I'm not going to discuss this with you now when something major like that just happened," Baekhyun argued.

"I know why you invited that guy, and if makes you happy I really don’t like it," Chanyeol  expressed.


 

Krystal found Sehun in the great hall of the palace which is on the other side of the hall where the brunch is currently taking place. "Sehun!" Krystal called out as she found Sehun looking at the painting off his ancestors. The great hall was a hallway full of portraits of past King's and Queens of south Korea and Krystal found her boyfriend staring at these paintings. "Are you okay?" Krysta asked as she gave her boyfriend a hug from behind and proceeded to not let go.

"I don't know what's the truth anymore," Sehun explained as he took Krystal's arms and turned around to face her. "I can't believe he's back and I can't believe what he went though,"

Krystal smiled and tucked Sehun's hair behind his ear, "I hate to stereotype but its Kai he as a bad history, we don’t know if he's telling the truth," Krystal explained.

"I know but something in me feels like he's telling the truth, I mean its Kai," Sehun explained.

"I don’t get it," Krystal continued as she wrapped her arms around Sehun's waist tighter. "Why does your family hate Kai so much, I get he is Kai but don't you realize that all this torment and picking on Kai is turning him into a beast?"

Sehun knew Krystal was 100% correct, he looked into her eyes and trusted her, he wanted to tell her the truth but he swore on oath that he wouldn't. "I can't say," Sehun answered.

"Why?"

"I'll tell you one day, I promise" Sehun promised. Krystal nodded as she held on to his waist much tighter and pulled him into a kiss. Slowly Sehun leaned in and gave Krystal a kiss.

Kai walked out of the study room after walking out of a heated discussion with his parents, the study room lead to the great hallway where he found…

"No ing way!" Kai screamed, now he was the one shocked.

Krystal and Sehun quickly broke away from their kiss and pushed away from each other in one swift motion.

"You're' in so much trouble," Kai chuckled, knowing he is going to shake up this place around.

 

And this is where the revelation of a secret comes in.. The last ingredient for the perfect brunch event at the south of the Han river. Hope you enjoyed your not so average brunch date.