World War III?

Royal Pain

BREAKING NEWS

Prince Kai of the South Korea has returned home to South Korea from the US, its his first time arriving home in 5 years. Yesterday a parade for our Prince was celebrated to welcome him back home, attended by thousands in the Gangnam district people from different parts of Korea came by to see the presence of the Prince who has not been seen in 5 years. Unfortunately due to some unknown circumstances the prince backed out when the parade was proceeding. Thousands or people were stuck in the rain anticipating the Prince's appearance. He did not apologise or show any concern for his people nor did he give any indication that he was not coming to his own parade. Is this the King we want to lead our country? It was rumoured that Kai was sent to the US by the King to teach him a lesson, Kai was locked up in solitary confinement for 5 years making the country wonder why the King did that to his own son. Was this an unjust act by the King?

In other news President Jung will be making a live broadcast in the current situation between South and North Korea.

 

"Unbelievable, he doesn’t make an appearance and still people love him." Krystal rolled her eyes at Kai's parade debacle. Krystal was running late to school, she usually looks up her current events in the morning but since she was late she had to watch her news on her phone in the car. With frustration about Kai, Krystal turned off her phone to get away from the news of Kai being back. Personally she wasn't a big fan of Kai as she went to the same school  as him and was constantly tormented by the Prince. From what she sees from the outside is that he is not a good person and especially not fit for King one day. If only Sehun was born a year earlier.

Krystal quickly got out of her car she was driven in by her security and quickly hurried to the courtyard, luckily she made it in time. The school was still buzzing about the brunch at the palace, everyone was talking about Kai and why is was sent to the US where he was treated in harsh conditions. Kai being the prince and making his appearance for the first time in school was the big talk of the school, the city and the country overall. Some people were glad to have him back, some weren't and there were a few that didn't like his new dirty look that made him look like a homeless man not a Prince. Krystal hurried past the corridors where students were gossiping about their prince, she had no time for that nonsense, she just wanted to see her friends.

Baekhyun and Luna were at their usual table waiting for their other half. Upon seeing Krystal Luna walked towards her friend giving her a hug. After a few hug and greetings the three friends sat down at their table and disscused what happened on the weekend at the palace. "Did you hear Kai is coming to school today!" Baekhyun seemed please as there was a new eye candy for him to stare at. Sure Kai was rocking this long curly hair up to his shoulders look but underneath all that hair he still was that charming prince. "What why would he be coming here! He's a year older then us he's suppose to be graduated high school," Krystal declaim.

"He's so stupid he got kept down a year when he was in the states," Baekhyun explained as he heard this from one of the students gossiping about the Royals. Even though Kai hasn't made an appearance in 5 years he has royal blood so that entitles people to continue to talk about him whether he likes it or not. "Dam I missed that brunch, from what I'm hearing there was a lot of drama going on," Luna chuckled as Baekhyun informed her earlier about the events that happened that one fine morning.

"Well isn't our lives full of drama," Krystal rolled her eyes. Even though her family and her friend's families have all the money in the world, still their lives were eventful and constantly filled with drama an as much as they want there is no money in the world that can pay their way to get out of the drama these rich folks are dealing with. "By the way where were you yesterday? Your mum missed her favourite caterer from the South of France, the one you always hire when you guys have parties," Krystal questioned. She was still suspicious about Luna's whereabouts especially after she saw her leave the bathrooms with Veronica Lee the other week. "Well my family and I were busy that day," Luna replied. Krystal did noticed her friend was looking a bit worried, looking like she is trying to hide something. It was all lies and Krystal could see right through her.

"I understand your dad but you and your mum? You both are heavy event attendees, I don’t think there is a party in Korea where you guys don’t attend," Krystal stated as she tried to get Luna to admit to something. She tried to raise a thought but this totally back fire on her.

"Krystal what are you trying to do?" Baekhyun asked as he hates seeing Luna and Krystal fight. They maybe best friends since they were young but when they fight it’s the start of world war three, both have very vocal opinions and both are not afraid to hurt each other to prove they are right. Baekhyun always finds himself in the middle of these fights and it does take awhile for them to both make up. "I'm not doing anything," Krystal smirked and squinted her eyes. This is the iconic Krystal face, everyone knew that when Krystal pulls that face something was about to go down, either she has something devious planned or you're about to be killed by her, remember Krystal Jung does not hold back. "I simply am worried about Luna's whereabouts, this last week you've been leaving and  you went missing for the whole of summer. Tell us Luna is there something you're not telling us, secrets keep friendships apart," Krystal reminded her friend.

For the last 10 years, Krystal and Luna's friendship is always consumed with fights every once awhile which cant be helped because of their bold personalities. Luna has learnt to fight back when Krystal is a to her, while others are scared when Krystal just shows them her resting face. This time Luna needed a secret to be kept, she's not going to let Krystal know about this and therefore she needed to be careful with her words as krystal is good at taking your own words and using it againts you. Before Luna could say anything Baekhyun interrupted her to spare her another vicious fight, "Secret? are you going to talk about secrets when you have your own?"

Krystal raised an eyebrow, "What secret?"

"I don’t know but you and Sehun looked inseparable at the Brunch last Sunday and you even followed him out when he stormed out the room! So much for, 'I don’t love him anymore,' either you still love him or you somehow got back together." This shut Krystal up after Baekhyun explained what he saw on the weekend. Her and the Prince promised each other not to tell anyone about their relationship, last time they told their friends it got a little messy, both sides were manipulated and caused part of the breakup. This time they wanted to keep this as a secret for as long as they can. So just like Luna Krystal had to lie and both her friends knew she was lying, "I will always care for Sehun, he was in need so I helped him out," Krystal continued. "And you're such a hypocrite! I saw the way Chanyeol treated you at brunch, he's usually so nice to us and all of a sudden he's treating you rudely to you and your date. Is there somewhat a connection to the fact that you guys were at the same resort in Greece?" Baekhyun too kept silent after Krystal dig into him, told you the girl had no control over .

The three best friend's had nothing to say to each other as all of their secrets were brought out to the table , no one wanted to own up to their secret because all three secrets had a third party involved that could affect them. It was hard to lie to your best friends, imagine having to lie to at least 2 of them. No one said anything for awhile, all of them kept silent until Luna spoke up. She's usually the mediator in these kinds of situations, she was always the bigger person in this matter. "Look I'm sorry if you think I'm lying but I'm not I honestly just couldn't make it," Luna smiled hoping to move on from this mini argument.

Baekhyun smiled, "And I'm sorry for calling you out about the prince, Krystal. I know deep down under all that hate is some love and it was a lot to take in with Kai's appearance, I get it, he needed you."

Everyone looked at Krystal expecting her to apologise but she's Krystal Jung and Krystal Jung doesn't apologise to anyone. She never says sorry, she only receives them. Krystal took a deep breath before apologizing, "I don't usually apologise but in saying that I am but I'm not apologising but you know I am. This is an apology but its not," Krystal continued on avoiding to use the word 'Sorry'. "I didn't mean to accuse you of having a fling with Chanyeol, for all I know Chanyeol is 100% straight and Luna I didn't mean to dig into your wearabouts its none of my business,"

Even though her non apology was low key an apology that was enough to get the girl to apologize. Together Luna and Baekhyun laughed at the hilarious attempt Krystal made with her not so apology. Together they eventually understood that they were all in the wrong and made up after an heated argument.

"By the way I love the bag! I saw that at a fashion show in Paris a few months ago!" Baekhyun complimented as he saw Krystal placing her bag onto the table. Being the president's daughter gave her access to world class brands, even the ones that haven't been sold in the markets yet. With her connections of her president dad and supermodel mum, Krystal was able to get a bag from the Gucci Paris fashion show on the day it was being modelled on the catwalk. No one has gotten it yet, not even the designers of Gucci. "Oh yeah I've seen mum eyeing that off, I heard its not out yet and the people on the waiting list to get that bag are on another waiting list of the waiting list!" Luna cried upon realising where she has seen the bag before.

Simply Krystal smiled with class, "Well if you have the connections like I do, you'll be able to pull some strings," Krystal smiled but her smile faded when she saw an student carrying the same bag as her. Both of her friends turned around to find what Krystal's focus is at and found the dilemma. "I thought this was a bag that’s hard to get!" Baekhyun cried as he panicked, not for Krystal but for the girl that’s about be destroyed by Krystal Jung. "It is and only I should have it!" Krystal stormed off to get that girl and catch her dead. "It's probably a fake!" Luna exclaimed but Krystal was too much in rage to listen to her, Baekhyun and Luna decided to follow her just in case she does something stupid. 


Krystal directly tapped the girl on the shoulder, the girl with the same Gucci bag as Krystal was talking to her friends when she was rudely interrupted by Krystal. The girl turned around to find an angry Krystal and Baekhyun and Luna looking terrified, automatically the girl knew she was in deep trouble. The girl bowed to Krystal and so did her friends before she greeted her, "Hi Krystal, is there anything  I can help you with?" The girl asked nervously knowing that tensions were high at this point. "Where did you get that bag," Krystal pointed to the Gucci bag sounding indignant which indeed scared the girl and her friends. "My mum bought it for me form Paris," the girl anxiously asked.

"Really?" Krystal nodded, before holding on the handles of the bag,  "Only I can have this bag, I got it from Marco Bizzari himself, who you might not know this but he is not only the CEO of Gucci but my mother's dear friend. So unless you don't want me to make sure you're sitting with a bunch of gorillas in a deserted place in China, I wouldn't bring that bag  to school anymore or ever wearing it until it gets on the market. Let this be a warning to you, dont let me see you in that bag because I can make something look like an accident, I think you're forgetting I'm Krystal Jung, or should I remind you?"

The girl immediately was frightened and resorted into tears, she may be only 165cm tall but Krystal Jung is one scary person that will shoot you with her frightening aura and words.  "I'm sorry Krystal! I didn't know you had that bag," the girl cried as she was scared but also was upset she wasn't allowed to be seen wearing her favourite bag in public. "Its okay," Krystal jolted in a smile as if she didn't just have an frighting conversation. "It was just a warning, I'll see you tomorrow," Krystal and her friends walked away, within a couple steps away from the girl she just interrogated can hear her burst into a cry.  Krystal smiled walking away knowing she did her job right, to be queen you need to be a cold hearted to get people to follow you. We may have the queen who rules South Korea, but Hankuk College had their very own Queen, Krystal Jung and she wasn't going to take crap from anyone.

Kai who conveniently was walking past on his first day of school saw the whole thing go down, he stopped in front of Krystal and laughed at her actions. "Wow its only 8:30am and you already made a girl cry," Kai continued. "You have not changed Krystal Jung,"

"And you look scrubby and ugly, looks like you haven't changed Kai," Krystal sarcastically smiled as her and her friends made their way to back to their table. Surprisingly Kai followed and sat next to Krystal. This is why Krystal was not the biggest fan of Kai, she was constantly bullied by Kai and till this day she doesn't know why he would target her when he didn’t bully the other kids as much. Now that he's back he was attempting to annoy her once again. "Ah what are you doing, this is our table," Krystal shooed away Kai as he sat down next to her.

"Why can't I catch up with friends from my childhood," Kai smiled cheekily alerting Krystal that he is up to something.

"Ah you didn't have friends, everyone hated you," Krystal reminded as she continued to focus on her phone. The other two laughed, they were in the same boat as Krystal, they weren't big fans of him. Kai constantly teased Baekhyun for being so flamboyant, little did he know he was actually gay and he also made fun of Luna's weight because according to Kai that’s how you treat your 'friends'. Kai chuckled at that dab towards him. By now you would have realize that Kai is a troublemaker, but he somewhat gets a rush from Krystal throwing insults at him every time he provoke her.

Sehun and Chanyeol walked past the table, both were confused why kai was sitting with the girls and Baekhyun when everyone knows that is their table is an exclusive table. "Ah Prince Sehun!" Krystal cried in delight, "Help me get your brother out of our table!"

Sehun the hero who would do anything for his girl nodded and walked towards the table with Chanyeol. Automatically Kai picked up an awkward vibe between Baekhyun and Chanyeol who obstructively glared at each other. Kai was going to question it out loud  but was quickly interrupted by his younger brother. "Kai why are you sitting here this table is for the girls, come and sit with us instead," Sehun suggested. After what went down the other day in brunch he barely got to talk to his brother as he locked himself in his room. Sehun hasn't seen his brother in years and thought that going to school with him will help the two bond and now sitting together at lunch is the best way to bond. 


"No! I don’t want to sit with a bunch of weird lacrosse players, I'm comfortable here thank you," Kai respectfully responded even though there was a hint of sarcasm in his voice. This made Krystal a little more annoyed. If there was anyone that she can't tell off, it's Kai. From memories of her childhood, no matter how many demands for Kai to do he still won't do it, he was the only one that's not scared of her. "Fine," Sehun pronounced, "Will sit here." This alerted Baekhyun as he darts a glare towards Chanyeol. Sehun took a seat in between Kai and Krystal to be a peace barrier between the two leaving Chanyeol no choice but to sit next to Baekhyun.

It definitely was awkward at first as there was nothing to talk about, Krystal and Sehun couldn't talk about their secret relationship and Chanyeol and Baekhyun somewhat despise each other. They didn't talk until paparazzi bombarded by the fence of the school, luckily the school is attended by the most pristine students that the school is barricaded by fences for this reason, however fences cant stop paparazzi from taking photos. "Wow our parents pay $30,000 a year for this school and yet we still lack in security, so much for gated community" Luna stated as they all tried to get away from the table where they are being captured by the paparazzi.

They all noticed they were calling out the names of Krystal, Sehun and Kai for some odd reason but still they had no time to question it as they all ran off to different sections of the school to get away from paparazzi. The paparazzi showing up at school isn't usually a problem they only appear when a scandal has appeared, remember this school is for students with known powerful parents, there is bound to be a scandal somewhere. Krystal is no stranger to paparazzi as ever since she was born her father has been in politics, she her learn to hate having information about her personal life leaked into the media and that’s why she has a major hate for paparazzi's.

"Why were they calling your name?" Luna asked as she caught up with Baekhyun, Kai and Krystal who were standing by the indoor cafeteria where they cannot be seen. Sehun and Chanyeol followed along confused as well why they were calling out particular names. Krystal shook her head unable to give her friend an answer, "I don’t know I haven't been in a scandal, more then anything they should be calling out Kai's name because he somehow reappeared from the  dead," Krystal explained.


"Hey I wasn't dead, if you haven't heard the news your king was torturing me," Kai argued. Before the argument carried on Chanyeol shut the two up, "guys!" He yelled, "look behind you." Behind them was a big plasma TV that hanged in the cafeteria for the students to watch while they have their lunch. The TV doesn't play normal TV channels but rather a channels that the film and TV club runs. On the TV that Chanyeol was pointing to was a daily news run by the journalism team, on the daily they come on TV before school and during lunch to announce the daily news. They usually talk about what is happening in Hankuk College but this time they were talking about something major, something so unexpected.

"Today breaking news,  Congressman Lee and Senator Ji Su and their families were kidnaped late last night. Both families were taken from their homes in Gangnam, south of the Han River. When the police have found the kidnapers and the innocent families, they have found them all dead and  50 other innocent families as well, issuing a report of 230 deceased. It was later told that the killers were the North Korea army. President Jung has issued an emergency press conference to address this issue, he was going to talk later about the situation between the south and the north but it has been bought under his attention that this was too much. I will now present the live stream of this press conference from the blue house,"

Krystal and the others were completely shock to hear about the killings of important politicians and the innocent lives of others who died because of conflict between two countries. Together they all watched carefully, hearing what the president had to say, as well as other students throughout the cafeteria.

"Good morning," Jessica's father appears on TV looking stressed. "I regret to inform the nation of South Korea about the horrible news of Congressman Lee and Senator Ji Su who have died this morning from murdering North Koreans. Along with their families and 230 innocent lives, we pray that they earn justice for what has happened to them. For years we have constantly been threatened by the North and we refuse to pay attention to it, but now this must stop as other lives may get affected. I was going to address this later today but we must discuss it now as before its too late. As a president I want peace and to have peace there must be a war.."

Krystal nervously held onto Sehun's hand as everyone was too focus to watch the TV to notice. She was scared and she knew exactly what her dad was talking about as he has mentioned this grand idea to her a few times already.

"So in order to gain peace we must go into war, we haven't planned an attack but all male over the age of 18 must get their army training now if they haven't done their 2 year training yet. These army trainings will be provided in schools, colleges and work places. We need to get ready for what might be a war, some of us may die but we did it with pride we did it for our country, we did it for the future of our children and their children, we did for peace! Further information will be provided, as for now I ask that you enrol for mandatory  army training. Thank you,"

The President's speech cause the whole cafeteria to stay silent. South Korea is going into war? It sounded absolutely absurd but the president was right, if they wanted peace they needed to get into war and win it for their country. 

Quickly Krystal let go of her boyfriend's hand remembering they are in public, suddenly Kai, Sehun and herself got a text message on their phone all at the same time. "Its from my mother, she told me to go to the palace after school with you guys," Krystal expressed as everyone else kept silent as they take in that information.

It was hard to not believe that this was all happening. It shook the whole nation especially the student of Hankuk College. Some already talked about fleeing the country, other were talking about serving their country while Krystal kept to herself. It was worrisome for her because she is the president's daughter her father was the one making this big decision. She knew that if war arises her family and the royals would be the biggest targets. War wasn't something to joke about, it was very serious thing and now its happening making Krystal terrified.

 


Sehun and Krystal met up after school and together walked in their car. Both didn't say a word ever since they found out about the war that is going to happen. Just like Krystal Sehun was terrified, he was worried for his country and if they were to ever recover from this, what if they lose this war? Then the south will be run as a communist country and who will they make suffer the most? The Jung's and the Royals. Why? Because President Jung was the one who declare war, they are the second most powerful family in the country and the Royals were the representation of the past 500 years of monarchy if they wanted to change something all they had to do was convince the president to change it, making them the most powerful family in the country. Both families object to a communist life which caused the divide between the North and the South in the first place, therefore making them the most hated and targeted family in the North of Korea.

Sehun and Krystal hoped into the car where they found Kai waiting for them, he unlike the two kai was in high spirits somehow. "Was waiting for you guys what took you so long?" Kai asked but no one responded both were so drained from the information they had to take in earlier. "Well now the South and North are going into war and will probably be captured and held as prisoners, you two should produce babies and have little Krystal and Sehun running around." Kai joked but he was the only one laughing. "Why is no one laughing?" Kai asked confused as why no one is saying anything

"Were you not there stupid? We are going into war!" Krystal cried finally saying something.

"War, please we have much more stability then the North, we have money, an army and support from different countries we are fine," Kai explained.

"You might say that but we don't know where the North has been collecting their money from, we don't know how many people they have in their army and the last I heard we have the US and the UK as major countries supporting us, the North has China and Russia. If we get captured by the North we will be tortured or killed because of what our last names and our status. You can make as many jokes as you want about this but nothing scares me more then going into war,"

Krystal's little speech got Kai to be quiet, she was right the north has been isolated from the world for many years and what they have to bring to the table is an element of surprise. The fear of the unknown is what scares Krystal. "How about we move countries, we run away to Switzerland or somewhere in the Canada," Sehun suggested to Krystal. He too was nervous about the topic of war, as he is a prince and is suppose to lead by example. He has the whole nation looking up to him. "If we go to another country the North Korean army can still find us and I rather be here protecting my country and if I die I died with pride," Krystal replied to Sehun's suggestion.

They finally got to the palace, together the three walked into the King's very large office where he does all his meetings and leadership work. As they walked in they found the King sitting at his desk and the Queen standing next to him. Sitting at a couch next to the desk was President Jung and the First lady waiting patiently for their daughter. "Mother! Father!" Krystal cried as she ran into their arms, all she wanted was a big hug from them after hearing the news form today. Krystal Jung may be tough but today made her feel so weak, it was hard to see a vulnerable Krystal, Sehun did his best to lift her spirits up but how can he when he is feeling the same as her? "Father what is happening?" Sehun asked as he walked towards the table with Kai.

The King began to talk as Krystal and her parents pulled away from the hug to listen to their King, "You probably heard about the announcement that president Jung has made this morning. This is all in our plans and president Jung and I have been planning this for the last year, also in our plans we decided we need to distract our nation into not panicking. Already the media is temping with the citizens emotions and constructing fear into their minds. We also need to distract the north and fill our media with an distraction and also so they think we don’t care about this war so we can hit them when they aren't prepared because they think we aren't."

"What kind of distraction are you after father?" Sehun asked as he put himself high involved in this issue. He tends to do that as he loves being able to lead and look after his country, Kai on the other hand couldn't careless. More then anything he already has made plans to move to another country away from Korea and this possible war. "Well we need something social, something that will get people talking like a royal wedding,"

The kids were instantly shocked knowing what the King was indicating. He was right if you want an distraction a Royal Wedding is a perfect fit, last Royal wedding which was with the King and Queen,89% of the country was watching the live broadcast of the Royal wedding . Krystal was instantly worried that it was Sehun who had to marry someone else, they had just gotten back together and Krystal loved her boy way too much to accept that he was getting married to another girl. She knew it had to be Sehun, who wouldn't choose him?

"What do you mean a Royal wedding?" Sehun asked worried about the answer the King was about to give him.

"We need a Royal wedding as an distraction, the President and I talked about it and we decided Kai and Krystal to have an royal wedding…."