Secrets and Lies

Royal Pain

On June 25th 1950 the Korean war began between the South and North of Korea. We all know the story behind that and why Korea was divided into two. North Korea and their leaders have lead their part of Korea as a communist country as for the lateral part, the south live their life much more freely. This war made significant impact to the country and still this day, the two divisions are at conflict but no proper impact has declared war since the 27th of July,1953, the end of the infamous Korean war.

If war will ever happen again the first victims that North Korea will come for are are the Royals. The monarchy that has been in Korea for hundreds years, the family that interfered in this war, the family that the north hates the most.  If the North invades the South, then their leader will ensure that every family member or anyone with the royal blood will be killed an long, suffering, painful death.

 They say that war will happen again, the north will eventually redeem themselves from the war  and will come for the South. Unfortunately that day has finally come…


Seoul 2018.

Within the tall steel intimidating gates stands a very prestigious high school located in the heart of Seoul.  Hankuk College, home of the future leaders of Korea. This high school is where you'll find the next politicians, business personal and possibly the next Korean Bill Gates. This school is only for the exclusive of the exclusive and anyone without money or a large social networking cannot be accepted in the school of the sons and daughters of billionaires and millionaires of the country. Knowledge and money are the two characteristics that will allow you to excel in this school and that’s why Krystal Jung runs this school on the palm of her hands.

Krystal is senior who has brains, intimidating personality, money, rich friends and the latest louis Vuitton heels. Every girl wants to be her and every boy wants to date her. She's known by her teachers as a go getter,  if she wants it she will work for, in other words she can be a . Krystal is the Queen of Hankuk College and plays every student and teacher as her puppets. How is she at the top of this food chain? Well she's the daughter of the current South Korean president making her the most powerful teenage in the South Korea. As interpreted in other words, don’t mess with Krystal Jung. 

President Jung, is widely known for his work. Not like other presidents or leaders, he does what's right and is not corrupt at all. Since he won the election he's manage to make South Korea a better place. His changes have made the economy higher, more job availability and benefits for low income families that made him win over the nation. Therefore, President Jung is well respected and his little princess Krystal cannot be touched. But how can the most smartest, powerful, handsome president be in love with a socialite? Krystal's mum, once a model was at the right party at the right time, for her to meet the congressman at the time. She's very intelligent, naturally beautiful and knows how to manipulate people, traits Krystal must have inherited. However, the first lady would much rather attend her precious events and galas then attend important presidential matters.

With a non corrupt political system set in place in South Korea, there is still Monarchy existing in the country. They don’t rule anything, more then anything they are just there to represent 500 years of history. They are more like celebrities, however they are still very well respected and along with the presidents decisions they work together to make Korea a better place. Oh Sehun is the King of Hankuk college, and in the future has the potential to be the king of South Korea. He is smart, handsome and is everyone's favorite Prince. He's the captain of the Lacrosse team, he involved with the UN and made very good impressions that he'll be a good king one day. However, he isn't first in line to throne and that’s what worries everyone. His brother Kai is, for some unknown reason he goes by his mother's maiden name as his first name? He's the absolute opposite to Sehun. He puts in no effort into wanting to benefit the country or his title as King. He's very sloppy, unorganized and just wants to party and date girls. He's a man of scandals about girls he dates and the drugs he takes. Worried about his position as king one day, his father the king of Korea took it upon himself to teach his son a lesson and shipped him to a boarding school in America to hopefully straighten him out before he becomes king. Kai is your typical bad boy with a rebellious personality that is not fitting for a future king of South Korea.

During summer break Sehun visited his brother in the US, even though they don’t get along due to conflicting personalities, Sehun decided to take the 3 month vacation to check up on his brother and hang out with him in the US. However, when he got to the mansion in LA his presences was missing. He was told by Kai's attendees that he chose to go on a back packing trip to Europe to avoid his brother Sehun. Till this day Kai's whereabouts are unknown.


 

From Rome to Tokyo, students of Hankuk College have returned from their extravagant 3 month summer holiday for another year of school. According to rumors and Facebook post people were wondering why Park Luna stayed in Korea for the summer, she didnt even leave Seoul. Yet her best friend Krystal Jung was seen partying it up in yachts with her other best friend Baekhyun in Monte Carlo proceeding with living in Paris for the rest of the summer, taking advantage of the macrons and the gorgeous French boys. After Monaco Byun Baekhyun continued his partying in Santorini. Rumors have it that Krystal was seen with a Grimaldi, Louis Grimaldi to be exact who followed her in Paris where they began their romance. Some say it's nothing serious, while others think they are actually dating. Brains, beauty, style and possibly dating the prince of Monaco, Krystal Jung had it all.

She could feel the eyes staring at her from when she got out of the car to her locker. She knew about the rumors and loved the fact she was keeping people on their toes. To be queen you need to suppress the rest and Krystal certainly did. The Prince of Monaco? I'd like to see people try at least. Along the hallway everyone made a pathway for their Queen B, Krystal, as she graced her way with her brand new Louis Vuitton gifted to her by the Prince of Monaco. Krystal was stopped by her two best friends, Park Luna and Byun Baekhyun who were standing by their lockers at the opposite end of the hallway. Upon seeing Krystal, the three ran into each others arms as they missed each other this past summer. Usually Luna and Krystal would spends their summer together however, for some unknown reason Luna decided to stay in Seoul for the summer. After their 3 weeks in French Riviera, Baekhyun and Krystal split up where Baekhyun was found partying in Greece all summer. Therefore the three haven't had much communication since they all separated 3 months ago. 

Park Luna is Krystal's best friend since 5th grade and the only one who can withstand Krystal's personality due to her carefree personality. If Krystal is giving her attitude, Luna will give it back. Luna is the daughter of the CEO of Park enterprises, a businesses that involves with investing in hotels and casinos all over the world. Among the fortunate kids in Hankuk College Luna is among the one of the wealthiest family in the school. Even though she has a trust fund bigger then Krystal's, she is very humble for what she has. In comparison to her best friend, the two are polar opposites as she lives are more carefree life. Byun Baekhyun on the other hand cannot be anymore different to Krystal. Similarly to Krystal he has a mouth of his own and a mind full of opinions. Baekhyun prefers to hang out with girls and likes to be identified as one of them. he's openly gay and is not afraid to show it. He is the son of Byun Baekbeom and Bora who are surgeons, doctors and owners of a well known plastic surgery hospital. They are known to work with international celebrities and high ranked personals. The Byun's are well off, they have their personal island in Tahiti that is accustom with a boat and a helipad for their helicopter. Baekhyun is very materialistic, from head to toe he likes to be decked out in different designer brands that are fresh off the run way. Not only is he picky with his clothing but he is picky with who he talks with, you must be either, Krystal, Luna, someone with money or an attractive guy.

Luna could cry in delight upon seeing her best friend that she missed dearly, she definitely missed being together as a trio. "Umm so what's this news about a prince you're hooking up with? I heard it on Celebzkorea.com," Luna asked as the three made their way to their usual table at the courtyard.

 Krystal just chuckled. "Please," Krystal continued. "Louis Grimaldi was very very handsome but ladies I must educate you, men with small hands have small…" Krystal made a small gap between her hands indicating the size of his package. Along with her, her friend broke out in laughter. Of course Krystal does not seize to disappoint them with her wittiness.

"Still meeting a Grimaldi and having him chase you to Paris, no one can top that," Baekhyun uttered in excitement for his best friend. In their many years of friendship, Baekhyun has never been so proud of his best friend playing hookies with a Grimaldi.

"I didn’t even hook up with him!" Krystal reminded her friend as they looked at her with confusion as this was the story of the summer, maybe the year. "I met him, he was nice but I couldn't’t hook up with him because I wasn't’t attracted to him. Somehow he found me in Paris and we hung out there but never kissed. He certainly tried but its going to take a lot for me to kiss him,"

"Are you still not over.." before Luna could finish her sentence, Prince Sehun walked past Krystal. The only one who didn't’t stand with the other students that made a pathway for Krystal and the only one who walked towards Krystal's direction. Without a word he walked past her and bumped her shoulder without apologizing. For a split second Krystal locked eyes with Sehun but Sehun look at Krystal he coldly walked past her looking straight ahead.

"Hey watch it!" Baekhyun yelled as he held onto Krystal. The prince didn't’t even turn around or ask if she was okay. This was very out of character for the good prince, however it was something Krystal expected. "If he wasn't the prince of Korea I would have my security smash him until he apologizes," Baekhyun stated.

"Are you okay?" Luna concerning asked her friend. Krystal put on a brave face and smiled instead of showing emotions. She nodded signaling everything is okay but really she wasn't. She could go on and be upset about Prince Sehun's actions but that was just a small problem compared to the news of a possible world war three and South Korea being the target of this war.


 

 

After class the three sat down for lunch at their usual table where no one is allowed to sit but them, you must get a special invitation to be able to sit at that special table. Everyone wanted to sit there, but only some had the luck of sitting there considering how exclusive it was. Also for safety reasons Krystal wasn't allowed to invite random people to sit with her, this was direct orders from the Blue house.

The three best friend finally had time to catch up with their holiday's, mostly it was Baekhyun and Krystal talking about what they got up to. While Luna sat and listen to her best friend's crazy antics. There wasn't really much to share in Luna's behalf as she spent all of her summer in Seoul, it sounds boring compared to what the other two got up to."If you stayed in Seoul what did you get up to?" Baekhyun asked as he took a spoonful of his salad that was layed out infront of him.

"I has an intership with dad and so I can learn the ropes of the business," Luna replied.

"Is that why you didn't come to Monaco with us? Because you were working" Baekhyun asked as Luna replied with a nod. She couldn't tell them the real reason why she stayed so interning with her dad was the best idea she could come up with. Baekhyun hugged his friend, "Oh honey, you're a working girl no need to be embarrass by that,"

Krystal laughed along with Baekhyun, "Yeah I'm mean there's nothing embarrassing about that, you were working which means you're getting your head start.  We are seniors now we need to start thinking about our futures instead of thinking what gala are we going to attend to," Krystal explained as she continued. "How was it anyway?"

"It was pretty interesting," Luna replied with a lie. truthfully, she doesn't know a thing about her family's business except for that it is supplying her very expensive collection of shoes. She couldn't tell her friends the real reason yet, just a little longer and she will. She was afraid of what they were going to think of her, and most likely they will kick her out of their circle. No one is going to be friends with Luna after everyone finds out what she got up to in the summer and why she had to stay in Seoul.

While Luna was eating she did notice something very suspicious, Krystal was on her phone probably looking up updates on this possible war. So Krystal didn't notice the sweet interchange she just witness. Baekhyun was too distracted to notice Luna was watching but she did see Baekhyun staring at Chanyeol who was sitting a few tables away from them. He was sitting with his very sporty friends on the lacrosse team, one of them being Prince Sehun. Chanyeol is known to be best friend of prince Kai and Sehun, he is a very good lacrosse player and is pretty popular for his good looks but mostly the fact that his father Sung-Ji a very actor in Korea and his mother Park Young-Mi an international model. She is the first Korean model to make it in high end designers in the late 80's. He was very manly and has done model shoots as he's inherited both his mother and father's good looking genes. As from what Luna knows, Chanyeol is as straight as it can be, therefore she was also confused as to why Baekhyun is constantly staring at him. It shocked her even more when she caught Chanyeol smiling back at Baekhyun, it was only for a split second but Luna experience it all. She caught the both of them in an interchange as Baekhyun smiled back and continued eating his food with a smile as big as America on his face. Then she remembered a conversation with Chanyeol before school finished for the summer, he told Luna that he'll be spending his summer in Greece...

Luna broke her train of thought when she got a text from her phone. Not wanting the others to see it, she hid her phone under the table and checked her messages. Knowing what she needed to do she quickly packed her belongings. "Uh where are you going?" Krystal asked.

"Umm, I need to talk to our Chemistry professor about something," Luna lied once again but this time it was a stupid lie and Krystal could see right through it.

 "Well you do not do chemistry but okay," Krystal weirdly looked at her friend before proceeding her attention back to her phone. Luna knew Krystal was on to her, she didn't look like it but Luna knew. She had no time to make up some other excuse so instead she proceed to pack her belongings into her bag and head off.

As soon as Luna left Baekhyun turned to Krystal, "I wonder where she's going,"

"I don’t know, she's been suspicious lately, she didn't go away for the summer and now she's lying to us, nothing adds up," Krystal proclaimed as she didn't loose her focus on her phone. Baekhyun has learnt never to get in between these things anymore, he knew that Krystal finds out everything and somehow knows something and has known something for awhile. He knew that she already has an elaborate plan to exposure Luna on whatever she's doing. 

With that Krystal too got a text on her phone, "Umm I need to go as well, Miyoung is asking me about my summer romance and I want to show her my new Louis Vuitton's," Krystal smiled as she gave Baekhyun a kiss good bye before heading off.  Ironically that was a lie as well.


 

Luna walked through the quiet hallway where no one was to be seen as all the students were either outside in the courtyard eating their lunch. She made sure no was there to see her. She made her way through the girls bathroom and into the last stalls where she was met by a girl with purple streaks in her hair named Veronica. Lee Veronica was a student but not the best student out there, she was once very popular, even more popular then Krystal but she went on a spiral when the Queen status got to her and started hanging out with the wrong crowd. She got into heavy drugs and drinking with older men ruining her reputation once and for all. She got expelled Hankuk College for abusing teachers and was barely allowed in again, after she took a year off for rehab. Now she's back again and once again she was up to no good.

"Do you have it?" Veronica asked Luna in a quiet voice just in case anyone can hear them. Luna nodded and reach into her bag to grab out a bag of cash, which she handed to her. Veronica smiled upon seeing the money she is receiving. With that Veronica took out a bag of pill, it wasn't just three or four pills but it would of at least 1/4 of a kilo. "I need this sold by next week," Veronica ordered as Luna took the bag of pills and put it straight in her bag. Veronica counted her money just in case Luna robbed her, instead she smiled in excitement. "Keep doing what you're doing and you're going to earn more and more," Veronica reminded.

"I don’t get it, you don’t need to make money you're very wealthy, your parents own a recording company. Why do you need to sell drugs?" Luna asked.

"Its not about the money, it’s the thrill of it, eventually you'll understand when you don’t need the money anymore," Veronica advised as she was about to leave the stall but stopped when she heard someone's high heels walk into the bathroom. Luna bent over to see who it is, she couldn't find a face all she could see are signature red bottoms, automatically Luna knew who it was. She quickly stood on the toilet seat and continued to kneel down so she cannot be seen. Her heels stepping on the seat made a noise which made Krystal Jung turn around in the direction of the noise. Luna could see in between the cracks of the door that Krystal was staring at the stall. Krystal stared at the feet that were in the stall which belong to Veronica, "Hmmm those MK ballet slippers were 2 season ago honey," Krystal stated as she took one more look at the mirror and headed out.

In the stall Luna was covering Veronica's mouth and was using her other arm to hold her back from knocking Krystal out, which will exposure them and their monkey business. She knew that Krystal's comment would set her off and eventually punch Krystal or something. Veronica did not care if she was a the president's daughter, she simply said something rude and degrading which was enough for her to set off. When the coast was clear Luna let go off her, "I hate that ," Veronica whispered.

"Well she's my best friend and I have to deal with her everyday, how do you think I feel," Luna answered as she got off the toilet and got out of the stall. "Anyways I should head off to class, I'll be back in a week with the money or maybe a less then that. The royals are having a brunch at the Palace this weekend, I think buyers would love something to get them going through the boring brunch,"

Veronica smiled feeling proud of Luna and her natural talents of a drug dealer, "I love your connections,"

"I do too," Luna replied as she head out of the bathrooms and back to the courtyard.

Little did Luna know that Krystal was watching from afar, She thought the hallways were empty but Krystal was watching from behind a locker. She clearly saw Luna coming out of the bathroom and 30 seconds later saw Lee Veronica coming out of the bathroom both heading towards the courtyard. She knew there was suspicious activity going on and she wanted to know what was happening just in case her best friend needed saving.

In the middle of her stalking, she was suddenly pulled back by someone behind her. There was a door behind her that led to a classroom that Krystal thought was locked. The girl yelp in surprise as she wasn't expecting that, she was about to argue when she turned around to find it was Sehun who pulled her into the classroom. "Its just you," Krystal whispered as she stared at Sehun a little longer. It's been three months since she's seen his beautiful face. Things were quite rocky from where they left off three months ago. The two have been secretly dating for the last year and the reason why it was so secret was because of Sehun was worried that his mother, the Queen of Korea wouldn't accept Krystal. Krystal and Sehun's family are actually friends but in Korean monarchy the prince can only date the girl he'll marry and the girl he'll marry has to be chosen by his family. Instead of girls throwing themselves at him, they try to up to Sehun's parents which is an total turn off for them.

Sehun didn’t really have a choice but to keep their relationship hidden, his reputation of being the good prince and his desires of being king one day were all on the line. This caused a lot of trouble in their relationship as Krystal saw that his position in the throne was more important then her. This was the main reason for their breakup.

He knew Krystal was perfect contender as his future wife, she's from a well off family of brains and beauty and she knows how to handle the lime light. Not only that he was very much in love with the girl and that’s what made it even more perfect. Keeping their relationship a secret from family was hard, only a close friends of Sehun, Luna and Baekhyun were the only ones that knew. The toughness of their secret relationship was hard to keep up with from sneaking around and lying to their beloved family was hard for Krystal to keep up with and that is another reason why Krystal decided to break it off before summer. Krystal wanted to find herself and she wanted Sehun to move on from her, but its hard when the prince is known all over the world making it hard to run away from him when he's in every newspaper, magazine and on the internet.

Sehun too found this break up hard considering he did not want the break up, if he had it his way he'd still be with Krystal but you cant get everything you want even if you're the prince of Korea. He too could not run away from Krystal, she was everywhere he turned which allowed him to see what she got up to in Monaco and Paris and he definitely did see her hookie romance with Louis Grimaldi.

"Really a Grimaldi? You replace me with another prince?" Sehun raised an eyebrow furious at Krystal's actions.

"What can I say he has a bigger…"

"Really?" Sehun bitterly assumed, thinking she was comparing packages now.

"Bigger palace," Krystal smirked at Sehun's current reaction. Just like Sehun, Krystal was in love with Sehun. He was her first love and that she'll never forget, she too didn’t want the relationship to end but the endless fights and crying sessions with Luna was too much for the girl to handle. There was only so much her heart could take. "How' s Louis then?" Sehun asked slightly feeling jealous which Krystal could see right through him.

"He's good but just to let you know I didn’t hook up with him or done anything with him,"

Now this got Sehun's attention, "What do you mean? I've read the online articles I know you were with him all summer,"

Krystal chuckled, she still found it cute when Sehun got jealous. It happened frequently especially when Sehun cant stop guys hitting on his girlfriend in public, so instead he has to suffer watching them try and talk her up. Why did he had to date the hottest girl in school? "I did meet him and he was bring friendly but I couldn’t go there with him. He showed me places in Monte Carlo and then I said my good byes and went to Paris," Krystal explained as she continued to step closer and closer to Sehun. "I then spent a lot of my time there reading books, visiting museums, taking cooking classes and shopping. He did visit me in Paris and we were photographed a few times eating lunch or hanging out but we never did anything."

At this point Krystal was less then a meter away from Sehun, she kept walking towards him slowly. There was something about that just made her want to come closer to him even more. "Why didn't you get with him, that was your chance," Sehun justified.

"I could but I did a lot of thinking and I couldn’t just kiss someone like that, I.. I wanted someone else to," Krystal explained. She got closer and closer to Sehun to the point where their bodies were touching. With a small gap between them Sehun couldn’t helped but kissed her.

The kiss was so passionate and so tender that this was exactly what Krystal missed. Sehun held onto Krystal as hard as he can as he missed her wholeheartedly, which Krystal wrapped her arms around his neck not wanting to let go. She came back from Paris knowing that she wanted him and Sehun came back from his trip wanting to fight for Krystal. Little did they know was that the feeling was mutual all along, the three months apart made them realize who they really wanted to be with and made them realize their undying love for each other.

Krystal broke away from the kiss, "I still hate you for being rude to me this morning," Krystal pointed out as she remembered how rude Sehun was to her when he bashed his shoulders into her without apologizing.

"I was mad about the whole Grimaldi thing, I thought you were dating him and you've replaced me," Sehun answered feeling really sorry for doing that.

"How can I replace you?" Krystal smiled, "You're one of kind,"

And with that the couple reunited again with another kiss.


 

"So you don’t know where he is?" Krystal asked. After a bit of catching up about Krystal's Paris trip as Sehun begun to explain his trip to the US. As mentioned before he was there to find his brother Kai who was dumped there to attend boarding school. In the summer Kai spends his summer in LA to surf and attend trashy beach parties. The two really don't get along and have gone the past year without talking but Sehun thought now he and Krystal weren't together he'll go to his older brother for brotherly advice on how to get over this girl.

Sehun shrugged his head in response, "When I got there I was told that kai was aware I was coming, dad must have told him so I was told by his housekeeper he went to Spain and so I booked a flight to Spain right away," Sehun continued to explained. "When I got there he sent me on a wild goose chase around Europe, I went to all of our property and ever time I got there he would have just left for another city or country. Its like he didn’t want to see me,"

Krystal felt bad for her boyfriend because she knew that regardless of Kai being who he is Sehun still loved him as a brother and wanted to see him considering that fact that they haven't seen each other in years. she knew Kai but not very well. Considering the two families are family friends, Krystal has known Kai since the 2nd grade. He's a year older and left for the US 5 years ago, so Krystal never got to get to know him as well as she has gotten to know Sehun. From the stories she's heard from Sehun and other's he a prime example of someone Krystal will never hang out with. The only proper memory of him, was the fact that he bullied the heck out of Krystal for some odd reason and from that day on Krystal has resented him for that and has never forgotten it.

"Hey at least you tried, you can't force someone to talk to you if they don’t want to," Krystal explained but Sehun bowed his head in disappointment.

"That’s not the bad part," Sehun continued. "He hasn’t answered calls, emails or messages. He deleted all forms of social media and stopped spending money on his credit card. I check his transactions and for the last 2 months he's been taking out $10,000 each week it only stopped when I arrived in the US. The Korean embassy has found that he hasn’t been using his passports but has been appearing in different countries around Europe as paprazzi find him. So they think he's using a different identify to get around. We've checked everything and we realize he was last seen in Prague 4 weeks ago, we haven't heard from him since,"

Krystal was shocked by this assumption, why exactly was Kai hiding his identify, why does he not want to be found by his brother. Just like her issues with Luna she found it all too suspicious. "Why haven't I heard of this? A prince is missing and no one is saying anything about it. I know its Kai and he's not a favourite but he's still a prince and this is a big scandal,"

"Exactly it’s a scandal, especially with what's going with North Korea and South Korea we can't have an exposé of missing prince who's missing. Dad i working hard to not get this out" Sehun explained.

"But this is serious," Krystal explained, "What if something serious has happened to him? What if he's running away from bad people or worse, he's dead."

"That’s what I keep saying but I can see that no one is doing anything at the palace, no one cares for Kai just because he is the way he is," tears started to form in Sehun's eyes as Krystal held onto his hand. Sehun looked into Krystal's eyes in despair, he needed to find his brother, he needed to make sure he was okay. After all they are brothers.

"I promise you will find him, I'll help out," Krystal promised before giving Sehun a hug to comfort him. She loves him and was willing to do anything for him even if she had to do the impossible she will. If Sehun wanted the moon and the start, she'd build a rocket ship and bring it to him from space. Sehun needs help to find his brother, Krystal was willing to go to the ends of the earth to find him. Anything for the person she loves.

 


HI GUYS!!!!
 First chapter has been realeased! I've beenw wanting to write this for years and finally i've been able to write it. I hope you guys enjoy it, please tell me how you like it! What do you think Luna is doing and are they going to find Kai? stay tuned for the next chapter :)