The Beginning

Royal Pain

BREAKING NEWS

 

President Jung's daughter Krystal Jung is marrying Prince Kai. This is true as our Prince who just came back from the US a week ago is going to be marrying his long time girlfriend Krystal Jung. Krystal Jung daughter of our president and retired Supermodel Sohee Jung will be in laws of the Royal Family. Their secret fling goes back to when they were in primary school, their families are family friends and their friends are within the same circle which made it easy for them to date. With the prince being in the US for the last 5 years its been rumoured Kai was brought to the US for a better education where he can focus on training to be King one day, his beau Krystal would visit him once an a while but allowed him to let him be to concentrate on his training to be King. Krystal Jung who is known to be a model is set to marry the Prince in the next following months before the great war between the North commences. Kai knew the plans of the upcoming war and decided to come back to Korea to marry his long time girlfriend. Do you think these two teenagers are doing the right thing? Well we wish our Prince and our future Princess Krystal Jung the best wishes on a long happy life together.

---

24 hours before

Krystal's vision suddenly darken and went all fuzy, she started feeling dizzy and couldn't hear anyone talking but just faint chatter in the background.

"Krystal?" President Jung called out to his daughter who was unresponsive. "Honey are you okay?" He asked as he saw not only Krystal's delayed reaction but she was also looking physically pale. Suddenly Krystal awoke from her father repeatedly calling out her name. "Marriage?" Krystal whispered to herself, still feeling out it.

"Honey talk to me," Mr Jung proceeded worried about Krystal's reaction. He knew she wasn't going to be a fan of this idea but he didn't she's react like this.

"I can't marry him," Krystal wimped in a very low voice as she finds energy to take in this horrific news.

"I know you were going to say that but we are doing this for the sake of our country, you're helping our country get through this war," Krystal's father explained which she still wasn't making sense of. Krystal is a very smart girl at times she makes decisions for her dad which give great outcomes. The girl had good leadership skills, just like her father, her grandad who was a past president and her great grandad who also was an president. Coming form a family of politicians Krystal knew her way around politics and the public so she knew that this plan of webbing to the Prince was not going to benefit the country in any way. "Father," Krystal continued. "I see where you and the King are coming from but this will not help the public when we go at war with North Korea, more then anything the South Korean citizens needs to be stronger then ever. Instead of marrying the Prince why don't we help the public to be stronger, teach them how to get through this. Don't sugar coat it by bringing in an unwanted marriage."

"Honey this is what's best for the country, leave it all to your father to decide what's best for the public," the first lady innerve but Krystal was not having it with anyone, especially her mother. "You don't know what's best for the public, you're just glad that I'm marrying a royal so you can top your socialite friends!" Krystal argued. Tensions rose as leaving the King and Queen astound how Krystal rudely called out her mother as they always have seen Krystal as a respectful innocent girl. The first lady was not having it too, she stood up Krystal's level and whispered to her angrily, "We are not having this conversation right now! I am not going to let you treat me like this in front very important people." The first lady then got up and smiled to the King and Queen, "I'm sorry excuse Krystal she's just shocked about the news."

The daughter just rolled her eyes at the lie her mother just made. Her mother, her father and now the Royals, she couldn't get herself out of this mess making Krystal wanting to scream. in pain. At that moment she didn't care if she was the richest teenager in Korea, she's willing to give up her status, her designer bags, everyone and everything that is hers to not marry Kai. If she could switch lives with an normal person she would. "I'm sorry," Krystal knew she was being harsh and her mother was right even though she's in a really bad place she still needed to respectful for her King and Queen. "But I don’t want to marry Kai, not just because its marriage and I'm too young to marry but also I always imagine myself being a powerful woman and I don’t want to marry into power I want to earn it myself." Krystal explained.

The King and Queen understood her but it was too late accept Krystal's rejection for this marriage. They were simply looking after all the citizens of Korea and they knew that this was the only plan to help the citizens to get through this horrific war. "Krystal," President Jung intervene hoping to get some sense into her. "You can always get a divorce down the track, maybe the war will end before you guys will get married. You never know but all I know is, is that its not permanent."

Krystal's father is always the level headed one in the family, always the mediator between her and her mother. Krystal and her mother always clashed heads because of different opinions on everything but her father always chooses Krystal's side mainly because she is a daddy's girl. The one time Krystal needs her father to be on her side the most, he decides to side with the most unorthodox plan. It definitely made the girl feel utter betrayal from her father who I suppose to be there. "Geez dad, why do you have to sell me off to another man for you personal gain in the popularity of your citizens?"

The president stepped back from the attack Krystal made against him, no one wanted to say anything because they knew that Krystal was not in the right state to say anything nice. Everything she was saying was partly true, which terrified anyone else to speak. Everyone has heard Krystal's thoughts on this idea but no one has heard the groom's thoughts. "I can't do it either," Kai spoke up which made everyone dart their stares towards his way. Standing next to Krystal he gave her a look with sorrow that she had to go through this.

It is true that Kai is not the most reliable person to be King and it is also true he is known show no filter towards his approach to people he meets and it but this time he knew that this supposed Royal wedding it not the answers helping Korea. He, just like Krystal was very intelligent, you just can't see it over his ill-mannered personality. He absolutely agreed with Krystal and did not want to go through with this wedding aswell. "I can't marry Krystal, we are both so young, there are more ways to protect the nation from this war. I don’t believe in spending millions on a wedding when we can use that money to provide more guns or more training resources in the army," Kai explained making Krystal shocked at how correct he is. She was glad that she had someone on her side.

"Don't be stupid Kai," The King chuckled, "You don't have a care in the world about leading a country, more then anything I thought you'd be happy to be marrying a pretty girl. Now tell me what's the real reason why you don’t want to get married, I heard Krystal's now I need to hear yours."

What Kai said was something he knew truly believe in and felt a bit hurt when his father couldn't see his true intentions. However, that wasn't the only reason why he didn't want to get married to Krystal, he wasn't in love with her, even though he is the way he is he does have desire to marry a beautiful girl one day but just not now. Kai looked at his brother who was staring at the ground not saying a thing. He knew Sehun is biting his tongue to protect his relationship with Krystal. Kai knew it wasn't his place to tell the King and Queen the real reason why he couldn't go through the wedding. So Kai took a pause and looked at his brother again, who this time was staring at him back, he gave Sehun a slight nod and a smile which is very out of character for the boy. Standing in between Kai and Sehun Krystal got to witness Kai's kind gesture towards his brother, probably the first time she has ever seen him do anything nice.

"I love Krystal," Sehun muttered but unfortunately no one understood him.

"What was that son?" The king asked as he didn't get what he said the first time.

"I said," Sehun continued in a louder voice range, "I'm in love with Krystal and we are secretly dating. We dated for a year last year, broke up in the summer and just started dating again,"

Sehun knew he was in big trouble, he thought it was the best time to tell his parents and Krystal's parents now hoping it will stop possible plans of a Royal wedding. Sehun then continued to hold Krystal's hand to show that the two were truly a pair. "You didn't tell us Krystal?" The president who was in shocked asked. He and his wife were in utter confusion as they are used to Krystal telling them about everything in her life, how could she hide such a big thing from her parents. "I'm sorry Mr president, but that’s my fault," Sehun bowed to apologise as he knew how close Krystal is to her father. "I couldn't let Krystal tell anyone because of the monarchy rules, I didn't want to get in trouble and Krystal as well."

"Dad," Krystal began to spill tears in her eyes. Its not in her nature to cry and its very hard to make her cry but this was a serious issue and losing Sehun was hard for her to wrap her head around. "I love Sehun, I can't marry Kai please understand that," Krystal begged.

"I can give up the throne and Sehun can have it, they can get married," Kai suggested. "I may have hated Sehun because I was jealous of him and I may have bullied Krystal when we were younger but putting everything aside Sehun is still my brother and he loves Krystal and therefore I official withdraw my place in running of the thrown, Sehun can be the next King and he can marry Krystal," Kai interrupted making Krystal and Sehun more confused then ever as they have never seen this side of Kai before.

The president was in shock about all these revelations and was suddenly getting second thoughts about changing his idea. He could see the pain in Sehun's eyes, the sadness in Krystal's voice and the guilt in Kai's actions. No matter how much sorrow the President felt for the kids, the King did not believe a single thing that came out of anyone's mouth. "Kai, you think I'd believe that you want to help your brother? I know how you're like you hate your brother and you want to be King more then your younger brother And Sehun you think you I believe you too? To have a girlfriend that is not who your mother and I choice, to go against Monarchy? You Rebelling? I don’t believe a word, we are going with the plan no matter what and that’s final!"

This made Krystal cry more and made her hold onto Sehun's hand harder, while Kai felt bad for his brother and his girlfriend. "But my King the kids look sincere," the King looked disgust as the president decided to change his mind on the whole plan. "This was your idea president Jung, don’t back on it now." The king reminded the president. At this point the president's hands were tied, he couldn't save his daughter and now Krystal has to marry Kai as the king has the last say on this. 

 

It was the beginning of it all, dubbed as the greatest love story of all time.