Chapter 28

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three years later………..

 

A blond haired young woman walked cautiously, holding hands with a little boy on her left and a little girl on her right along the rows of dead that lined the cemetery. The young boy had a bouquets of fresh sunflowers in his hands where as the little girl had a box of white candle. Both the young children had light brown hair, their eyes round and innocent and skin with milky white complexion, and both their cheeks rosy and pink. The little girl wore a beautiful light blue dress that puffed making her look like a real princess. The little boy wore a red checkered shirt matched with brown khaki shorts which showed off his fair skin. They stopped walking. The little boy obediently placed the sunflowers in the vase where as the little girl gave the box of candle to the young woman that lit and lined the candles nicely. They clasp their hands close to their heart and bowed their heads, praying for the deceased.

 

“Mummy, why does daddy have to stay here and not go home with us?” The little girl asked as the three of them sat on the luscious green grass.

“Alex, don’t ask mummy things that make her cry.” The little boy warned his sister.

“I’m sorry.” The little girl apologized looking to the ground.

“Hey sweetheart, it’s ok. You can ask me anything you want to know about your dad.” Sophie said as she pulled her daughter closer. She has been preparing for the day that they ask about their father, now that they are older, they are curious.

“Mummy, I want to listen to your heartbeat.” The little boy said as he climbed onto Sophie and placed his ears on her chest. She caressed her eldest’s brown soft hair, planting a kiss on top of his head.

“Does daddy hate you mummy? Because my friend Minwoo said that his parents don’t stay at the same home because they hate each other.” She said as her large brown orbs stared at Sophie.

“Never sweetheart. Your father and I, we loved each other very very much. Even more than words can say. He was my best friend. But God loves him more and has better plans for him. That’s why he is here, in God’s house. Daddy is among the angels now.” Sophie said pointing at the church.

“If daddy meets us, he would have loved us and he would have stayed right mummy?” the little boy interrupted.

“Sweetheart, daddy loves you even when you two were a little peanut in mummy’s tummy. He talks and caresses you almost every second when you were in mummy’s tummy. See this cross he gave you two, whenever you are scared, sad or lost, hold on to it because daddy is close to you in your heart.”

The little children looked at the necklace around their neck, silently observing them.

“Can you two feel that nice breeze blowing through the trees?”

The children nodded still staring curiously at their mother.

“Your daddy once told me that his love for us is like the wind. You can always feel it even if you can’t see it.”

The little girl smiled as she stood up, walking closer to Seunghyun’s picture on his tombstone. She kissed the picture and said

“I love you too daddy!” the little boy then followed her and did the same.

Tears welled up in Sophie’s eyes as she watched her children. She took out a white note and placed it in between the candles. She closed her eyes and smiled, feeling the wind blowing at her face. Every spring, when the wind blows from the sea and mingles with the scent of lilacs, Sophie remembers that spring on 2013, when their friendship blossomed together with the flowers.

 

“See you soon Tabi.”

And they walked further away, leaving the cemetery hand in hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Seunghyun,

 

You once told me that you wanted me to fall in love again, well…maybe one day I will. But there are so many kinds of love out there so right now, I am experiencing the greatest love from my bakery and the miracles you gave me. This is my one and only life. And it’s a great and terrible and short and endless thing, none of us comes out of it alive. I don’t have a plan…except, to see our miracles growing up to have a beautiful soul, full of love just like their father.

I don’t know how you did it but you brought me back from the dead. You saved me when even I thought I was broken beyond repair. You helped me rediscover myself and for that I am thankful to you, my guardian angel. Till we meet again.

 

Love forever and always,

Sophie

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

thats it! thank you for the love and support you gave me. this is my first fic and i did not expect to receive such love..i thought no one would subscribe!! really!! you guys are awesome. i'm plotting a new one so i hope you guys will love it as much as this <3... so here i take my bow...thank you,until the next story... Gomawo^^