Chapter 16

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

Seunghyun’s POV

 

It was a bright Saturday morning, the kind of day you’d expect to stay in or hangout by the beach. I woke up early that day as appa called me needing my help at the office. I got out of bed and looked at Sophie. My beautiful wife was sound asleep. I bent down to kiss her forehead. I stood in front of the window observing the city view. Later I showered and picked out a pink blazer matched with black long pants. I sprayed my polo blue cologne when suddenly Sophie sneezed.

“Sorry baby.” I said only to be responded with a grunt. I smiled admiring her cuteness.

Before heading out I left a note on Sophie’s phone telling her where I was going.

After finishing up at the office, I decided to drop by Hongdae to buy tteokbokki for Sophie thinking how lonely she must be alone at home.

Hongdae was flooded with visitors and the atmosphere was bustling. The smell of delicious street food wafted through the air and I was hungry. Passing by a small alley towards our regular tteokbokki restaurant, I was suddenly pushed to the wall.

“Jess?” I asked puzzled thinking how strong she was to be able to pin me to the wall.

“Oppa, I miss you so much. How could you have left me like that?"

“Get off me woman.” I wiggled trying to push her away from me. She grabbed my collar and caught my lips in hers. She savaged every part of my lips as she ran her fingers to my hair. Struggling to escape her, she bit my lips. My headache had to come at that moment when suddenly “bang” followed by splashing of water. I turned my head to the source of the sound and I felt my blood drained out of me.

“Sophie?” I croaked.

She turned away crying. The sight of her tears gave strength to me to push Jess away. I ran to catch up to her but she managed to blend among the crowd. Being tall gave me the advantage to see above people’s head when I spotted a petite blond walking away from my direction and I was sure it was Sophie. I passed through the crowd, excusing myself until I reached her but it was too late. Sophie managed to reach her car before I could stop her.

I stood breathlessly in the middle of the road cursing myself.

“!”

I took out my phone and dialed her number. It rang a few times only to be rejected at the third ring. I climbed into my car and drove away from Hongdae. I drove back home only to be welcomed by a dark lonesome house. Knowing Sophie was not home I decided to drive out to find her.

I called her again and again, leaving voicemails.

“Pick up the phone baby. It’s not what you think. Please”

“I’m sorry honey. I can explain.”

“Baby, where are you? Please come home. It’s getting late.”

“Honey let’s talk about this.”

“I swear I can explain.”

“Baby come home, it’s not safe out now”

 

 

 

I drove aimlessly trying to figure out where she was. I picked up the phone again dialing my boy’s number.

 

 

“Deh hyung. Whats up? Need extra condoms?” Jiyong jokingly ask.

“Have you seen Sophie?”

“Erm, no. What happened?”

“Oh I see, it’s okay. Thanks”

 

 

 

Panic rushed through me as I dialed the second number.

 

 

 

“Yo hyung!”

“Youngbae ah, have you seen Sophie?”

“Soph? no. why? Whats wrong hyung?”

“Alright. Thank you”

“I’ll call you if I find her”

 

 

I pressed the ‘end call’ button as my headache bothered me again. Massaging my temple, I cursed myself for letting her slip. Next I called Daesung.

 

 

“Yeobseo hyungnim!” his cheery voice greeted me.

“Have you seen Sophie?”

“No, what happened to noona? Do you need my help?”

“Gwenchana”

“Aish hyung,if you need my help just tell me”

“Arasso Daesungie”

 

 

 

 

She was nowhere to be found and worry wrapped around me as the clock on my dashboard showed 10.00PM. I called maknae last with a glimpse of hope that Seungri was with Sophie. He is close to Sophie being the baby he is, Sophie probably seek comfort in him.

 

 

 

 "Hyung! What's up?"

"Maknae ah, have you seen Sophie?"

"Aigoo hyung...only a week married and you misplaced my sweet Sophie noona" Seungri cockily answered.

"I guess that’s a no"

"I'm sure she just went out for some fresh air."

"Yeah, maybe"

"Ok, take care hyung. Say Hi to noona when you see her"

 

My tiny glimmer of hope blinked into darkness. I had no idea where my wife was. In my heart I prayed that God protected her from harm as I decided to drive home and wait for her there.

 

 

Sophie's POV

 

Knock knock knock...

 

 

 

 

Someone was standing outside my car knocking on my window. Startled, I backed away for my safety. Soon the figure outside was waving at me as I looked harder, it was our maknae. My little dongsaeng that never fail to comfort me at times of trouble. He ran to the passenger's seat as I unlocked the door. He went in and his eyes saw the wedding ring I threw on the car floor. 

 

"Aigoo, noona! Don't need this anymore?" He smiled jokingly until he saw my face. 

 

He blinked blankly at me. My face was wet with my mascara forming black trails from my puffy red eyes. My stuffed nose red as my hiccup went on. 

 

"What's wrong?" He asked cupping my face. 

 

I couldn't answer him. I was embarrassed of myself. The silly decision I made into this quick marriage. 

 

"Noona, you know you can always tell me." He said while his thumb wiped the tears on my cheeks.

 

"Is it hyung? Or are you hurt?" I stayed quiet still unable to answer him.

 

His phone suddenly rang startling us. He looked to see the caller ID and put up his phone so I could see the caller. I shook my head and he nodded replying me. He answered the call.

 

"Hyung! What's up?"

 

"Maknae ah, have you seen Sophie?"

 

"Aigoo hyung...only a week married and you misplaced my sweet Sophie noona" Seungri cockily answered.

 

"I guess that’s a no"

 

"I'm sure she just went out for some fresh air."

 

"Yeah, maybe"

 

"Ok, take care hyung. Say Hi to noona when you see her" he cheerfully answered his hyung.

 

Seungri put down his phone and he turned to look at Sophie.

 

"Busted! Tell me whats wrong?"' Seungri said as he folded his arms in front of him smirking at me.

 

Slowly, I began reliving the moments of watching Seunghyun kissing another woman, my regrets and my thoughts to him. He remained silent, listening to every word I had to say nodding in between indicating that he was still listening.  

 

"Go back home noona. You can't run from the problem. It’s clear that hyung is trying to mend this but why are running noona? What are you scared of?" The maknae asked seriously.

 

"I dunno. Is this all real? Why is he such in a rush to get married? We started dating in March and by June we are married? What is this maknae? I feel like I dunno him anymore. And why me? I’m not pretty, I’m not cute, I’m not smart, I’m below average. He married me because he pitied me for having feelings for him. My stupid stupid feelings” Sophie vent hitting the car seat angrily.

 

"That I cannot answer for you because all those only hyung knows. That’s why you should go home and talk to him. A problem can only be solved if you discuss together with him. Not running away from him. Plus you are very pretty and kind and caring and thoughtful not to mention really smart. I mean, you studied at Oxford for god sake! And you’re I cannot wish for a better noona than you." Seungri said holding my hands in his. He then handed me back my wedding ring that I cautiously placed back on my finger.

 

I took my time, digesting his every word. I slowly nodded. He let go of my hands and hugged me. 

 

"Ah my sweet over thinking noona" 

 

"Thank you maknae. You are really smart sometimes." I ruffled his hair.

 

He looked out the window towards a restaurant looking for someone.

 

“What is it maknae?”

 

"Erm, I need a favour noona."

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Hmm, that girl, he pointed at a brunette girl sitting alone; picked me up just now and I came here with her so I don't have a car to get home" 

 

"Yah! And I'm the mother picking up her son from a date? And how can you leave her like that alone?" I asked him laughing.

 

"She’s not as pretty as you and practice makes perfect noona" he said making a heart shape on top of his head.

 

"Tsk, fine...My kids are never going near you. I swear!" 

 

I stayed silent as I drove towards Seungri’s house. My mind was preparing for the confrontation I was going to have to go through with Seunghyun tomorrow. Will we be shouting at each other or am I simply going to melt upon hearing his voice. I’ve never fought with him ever since I started dating him so it made me nervous. What if this was the end of us? Our journey has just begun but what if our journey was short. What if we were suppose to simply remain as friends not a couple?

 

“Seungri ah…”

 

“Deh?”

 

“Can I stay at your house tonight? I’m not ready to face him.”

 

“hmm..fine. but first thing tomorrow you need to talk it with hyung. Arasso?” he said commandingly.

 

“Fine” I answered him simply. This kid can be really persuasive somtimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Short...and I'm sorry..i'm kinda busy with finals right now.I hope you understand. But dont forget to leave your comments below. I read each and every one of them. I swear. I love reading your feedbacks. Helps me develop the story more. so.. enjoy ^^