Chapter 18

Because Your Love Is Like The Wind

Summer come and goes and fall crept in together with it the cold windy days. The brown fallen leaves rustled along with the wind. Seunghyun and Sophie went on with their life blissfully married. Sophie graduated in late September. As promised, Seunghyun accompanied her to London.  She showed him the side of the world that thought her to be the woman she is now. They toured the busy city of London from Big Ben to Piccadilly to Buckingham Palace. She showed him through the famous London Underground and he saw things through Sophie’s eyes making him fall her even more.

“Why are you staring at me?” Sophie asked Seunghyun cautiously as they walked hand in hand through Hyde Park. The rustling leaves under their feet with every step they took. The cold autumn wind blew across the park. Seunghyun let go of Sophie’s hands to wrap his arms around her.

“Nothing. I just love staring at you.” Seunghyun smiled.

“Yah, stop staring or you’ll get bored of my face.” Sophie planted her face on Seunghyun’s body.

“I’d never get tired of you. Don’t be ridiculous.” He answered nonchalantly.

Sophie stopped walking as she turned to look up at Seunghyun. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tiptoed to peck his lips. His masculine minty smell intoxicated her and she can never get enough of it. They were very much in love. They were interrupted when an old lady walked pass said “You two make such a lovely couple.”

“Thank you” They said smiling at the old lady.

“That was weird.” Seunghyun whispered to her.

“No it wasn’t. People here are just nice. They greet literally everyone.”

“Okay, whatever. By the way, you remember when we were teenagers and you loved this movie “Eiffel I’m in love”?”

“I got over it. Don’t bring that up! It’s embarrassing.” Sophie snapped.

“No its not but my point is, what does Rome sound like for a honeymoon. We can go see the Eiffel tower, eat pizza all the time.”

Sophie laughed heartily at him. “Tabi, the Eiffel tower is in Paris which happens to be in France and Rome happens to be in Italy.”

“Really?” he laughed at himself.

“Tabi baby you really need to get your geography straight.”

“I haven’t heard you call me Tabi in a long time, I like it.”

Apparently Seunghyun planned the whole trip beforehand. Plane tickets from London to Rome were bought months ago and this surprised Sophie even more. They arrived at the “Eternal City” early that morning and checked into a hotel that sent them back to the 19th century. The historic hotel overlooked the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. Sophie was excited seeing the magnificent city full of history.

Hand in hand they walked towards the fountain. Seunghyun smiled seeing her excitement. It was 10 in the morning and flocks of tourist a like flooded the fountain.

“Tabi, did you know this fountain is designed by an Italian architect by the name of Nicola Salvi?” she inquired him.

“I’m not that smart Soph.” he said ruffling her hair.

“There is also a believe that if you throw a coin using right hand over the left shoulder that you will find your true love. You wanna try?” she asked him handing a coin.

“Why would I, my one true love is staring right at me right now.” He said cupping her face in his hands; he leaned forward, slowly and gently kissing her soft lips. His warm lips tasted like mint slowly melting Sophie into him. The sweet strawberry scent of her perfume sipping into his nose intoxicating him with his love for her. She wrapped her arms around his waist pulling him closer to her. The light breeze blew through her hair, his hands s around her. He didn’t want to let go of her. They pulled away smiling at each other.

“I love you too much Sophie.” He whispered.

They toured the area with their arms linked together. They climbed the Spanish Steps that lead to the Trinita Dei Monti church located on top of it. They sat on top of the stairs as they watched people around them. Some were busy with their phones, some with their camera, others had their nose buried into books and some like them were people watching. Sophie sat in between of Seunghyun’s legs as he wrapped his arms around her. Her head rested on his chest. They kissed, talked, cuddled and laugh together.

From a far, a young woman was watching them. Anger and jealousy brewing inside of her with every laughter and every kiss shared by Seunghyun and Sophie. Sipping on her coffee carefully watching the happy couple unknowingly.

“I wanna take a picture of that.” Sophie said pointing at the scene in front of her. She stood up next to Seunghyun and took out her phone. Seunghyun didn’t pay attention to her, he was busy observing the people around him. Suddenly the people around him gasp, some screamed in shock as he heard the sound of something tumbling down the steps. He turned his head around and saw his ex girlfriend pushing Sophie down the stairs. He tried to catch Sophie but was too late. In a blink of an eye she tumbled down the 135 flights of the famous Spanish Steps. Everything happened so fast and Sophie laid limb at the bottom of the stairs. Seunghyun ran down the stairs screaming for help but his voice failed him, nothing escaped his mouth. Shocked and panicked overwhelmed him as he saw blood sipping from between Sophie’s thighs soaking her white dress. Sophie lay unconscious in his arms as tears streamed down his cheeks. He heard the people around him calling for the ambulance.

“Baby, baby stay with me. Please Please.” Kissing Sophie’s temple again and again.

“Baby don’t do this to me please.” He continuously begged.

“Monsieur calm down. The ambulance is on its way.” A woman said next to him.

He couldn’t answer her, his ears were buzzing as he prayed silently. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2nd update in less than 12 hours. love me or what?? :D well i'm making it up for the slow updates a few days ago. dont forget to leave your thoughts. i read them. i swear. ok..till the next update :)