{//D-47; 15.07.2016}

{Between Past and Present}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"How about Sean from JinuSean? I mean he is dubbed as the charity angel by the public." I suggested.    "Let's not do celebrities. I'm pretty sure half the class are gonna try to interview celebrities or idols." The stalker weirdo rejected my idea.    "So what do you suggest?"    "I don't know." He shrugged.      Omg, I wanna pull his hair out!!!!! He really is the epitome of evil. He has shot down every idea I had from yesterday, yet he don't seem to have any ideas himself. Urgh, I wanna smack some sense into his empty head.    I slumped in my seat and tapped my pen on the table. We are so dead. The weirdo's phone kept vibrating and he took the call outside. Pfft, he has the cheek to talk on the phone when he don't have any ideas to contribute?!?? Deep breaths Hye Won. I feel like I've aged at leasts 10 years since I started studying here.    Weirdo came back in, a smile plastered on his face.        "Yah, do you know Park Associations and Jung Industries?"        I think omma and appa may have mentioned them before. Kingdom Corporation, Jung Industries, Park Associations and Kim Organisation are the big 4 of South Korea or something like that.        "Anyways, the wedding between the two successors are gonna bring together two of South Korea's biggest companies. Now, won't that impact our society?" He said smugly.    "I see your point. So what you're trying to say is-"   "Is that we're gonna interview the bride and groom."    "And how are we going to do that? They're probably busy and with the wedding coming up, how can we possibly be squeezed into their busy schedules?"    "Well worry not, I've settled it. We're meeting Mr. Jay Park later. Ms Jung is a little busy so she's not meeting us today."        I scoffed in disbelief. How did this lazy bum actually got us somebody?       "I have my ways." He whispered to my ear.        He really is a creepy weirdo, how did he answer my thought?!?! I shuddered. Why oh why is he my partner?     He threw a helmet to me and got on his motorcycle. He started the engine and looked at me. I grunted and grudgingly wore the helmet. We aren't even close enough to have this kind of skinship! Call me old fashion but it just feels weird.    I gulped and stared at his vehicle. I should be fine, right? I felt a little uneasy.  

With his right hand on the handle, his left hand grabbed my right wrist and pulled me close to him. He took the helmet I was holding on my left hand and put it on my head.

 

 

 

"That's how you wear a helmet, not on your hand but on your head." he pulled down the helmet's visor and signalled for me to get on.

 

"Do you need help sitting on my bike too?" he asked impatiently.

 

 

 

I really wanted to smack him. I sat down with as much force as I could muster. I grabbed the sides of his shirt when he rode off without warning. Riding a motorcycle felt scary to me. I felt as though we were going to crash into some cars or something.  When we stopped a the red light, I let go of his shirt. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and breathed out heavily, fogging up my visor in the process. I looked around me, there were many cars on the road and we're currently between two cars. Okay don't panic, we won't crash. I shifted in my seat as my brain overcame with unnecessary worry.

 

 

 

"Ya, stop fidgeting. Y-ya are you okay? Are you sick or something?" Weirdo asked when he turned to face me.

 

 

 

I stared blankly at him. I tried to focus on his words but my mind started to wander off. Beads of sweat formed and I could feel my hair stick to my face due to the sweat.

 

 

 

"Your lips are pale and you're sweating quite a bit." his eyebrows scrunched together.

 

"I'm fine." I mouthed.

 

 

 

The lights were going to turn green at any moment so he grabbed my arms and wrapped it around his waist tightly. He zoomed off when the lights turned green. He skilfully turned a corner and went to a parking lot and parked his motorcycle. After taking off his helmet, he unclipped mine. I got off his motorcycle and swallowed hard as I pulled up the visor. Weirdo got off as well and lifted off my helmet. My eyes were focused on the ground and my hands were clenched into fists, with my nails digging into my skin. I'm okay, that wasn't so bad. The road isn't that scary on a motorcycle. It's the same as being in a car just less protected on the sides. But still safe. Yes, it's still safe. I'm okay, I'm safe. Weirdo placed his hand on my shoulder and I flinched at the sudden contact and took a step back. You're safe Kim Hye Won, you are safe.

 

 

 

"You're starting to scare me, Hye Won." Weirdo cautiously looked at me.

 

I avoided eye contact, "I have some issues with roads and stuff, but I'm okay."

 

 

 

He grabbed my arm and started walking out of the carpark. I resisted, obviously, but he glared at me (which was kind of scary) so I followed him obediently. The sun rays hit my face and my hand instantly shielded my eyes. Bells rang as we entered an ice cream parlour. He waked us straight to the counter to place our orders. We sat at the corner seats and I quickly sat at the sofa part, earning a roll of eyes from weirdo. `

 

I took out my diary and wrote down my panic. Weirdo tried to peek but I closed it after I wrote.

 

 

 

"So, what's your deal with roads?" he asked as he fed himself a spoonful of ice cream.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter