{//D-49; 13.07.2016}

{Between Past and Present}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So that wraps up introduction to the history of media. Any questions?" Mr Ryu, my Media History lecturer asked.

 

 

 

I closed my notebook and sighed. I felt like school drained out whatever life I had left, and it was only the third day! Jina was drooling on her notebook, a sight to behold actually. Taking out my phone, I discreetly took a picture of her. She looked unglam but this picture may be worth a lot; like a cup of bubble tea.

 

 

The bell rang and Mr Ryu left. Students scattered out of the lecture room; something that I  liked about Seoul National Academy. They had lecture rooms instead of lecture theatres as modules were taught in small groups of 35 students maximum. 1355. Our next lesson was in about 2 and a half hours. Basic Media Writing urgh, I mentally rolled my eyes. That module was so dry, no one could stay awake for the whole lecture.

 

 

Placing my head on my desk, I stared blankly out the window. I wondered what I was like in school before the accident. Was I like really as smart as what Eun Hee told me? Did I put in effort in my work or was I naturally gifted? Well it doesn’t matter anyways, all the work I did all those years went down the drain since I didn’t graduate. I was a year away from graduation. A freaking year. What was I doing?  How could I have been so careless with my life? BOOM CRASH, I heard a loud collision.

 

 

My head started throbbing really badly. I couldn’t breathe, I COULDN’T BREATHE. I couldn’t help but panic. I commanded my body to move, but it wouldn’t. I couldn’t catch my breath, I couldn’t move. HELP ME. SOMEBODY ING HELP ME PLEASE. The pain, stop the pain please! SOMEBODY HELP ME STOP THE PAIN. My legs, I couldn’t feel my legs, MY LEGS. S-someone's touching me, yes please help me, just stop the pain please!     

 

 

 

"Y-y-ya, Hye Won-ah, wake up! You're scaring me, please just wake up!" Jina's voice boomed through my head.

 

 

 

I could breathe, I wasn’t in pain anymore. I opened my eyes slowly and registered my surroundings. Something triggered my nightmare, I must have seen something to trigger this. There, out the window. There's a vehicle collision near the intersection. I tried standing up to walk towards the window but my legs were weak so I plopped back down to my seat. My heart was still beating really fast. Deep breaths, there you go. 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?" Jina asked me, concerned. 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine Jina-yah. I'm going off first okay? I'll be back for Basic Media Writing." I grabbed my bag and notebook and went out of the class, avoiding the few sets of eyes that were on me. 

 

"Don't be late, Ms Lee don't like latecomers!" She shouted for me to hear. 

 

 

 

I stuffed my notebook in my bag and slung it. Where should I go? Anywhere but here. I kicked an innocent pebble off the pavement. Oh! Junhong's university is nearby, I could drop by if he's having his break now too.

 

I texted him as I made my way to the bus stop. Well there's no way the day could get worse for me right? I don’t think anything can top me having one of my nightmares in class. I felt a water droplet fall onto my nose. I stared up at the sky. Gray clouds were hovering above and a crash of thunder was heard. , seriously?

 

 

I hurriedly made my way to a nearby cafe to take cover from the impending rain. Might as well grab a bite. 

 

I took the seat by the window and placed my tray on the table. 1445. I took a bite of my eggs benedict and watched the rain droplets raced each other down the window. I was brought out of my trance by my vibrating phone in my pocket. 

 

 

 

"Yah, where are you?" I sighed. 

 

"Mianhe, I might not be able to leave. I've gotta rush through the last bit of my group project. Do you want me to call your oppa to accompany you?" Eun Hee asked, guilt laced over her every word.

 

"Nah, its okay. I'll just wait for the rain to subside before heading back to school." I said. 

 

"But you had one of your nightma-"

 

"I'm fine Eun Hee-yah, I promise." I assured her and hung up. 

 

 

 

Well I guess I'm eating alone. Junhong has a make up class and Eun Hee has her group project. Well I did say I wanted freedom. Yes, I am an independent lady who doesn't need a accompaniment to eat her food. I'll be fine, I'm a 21 year old lady. I continued eating the rest of my food in silence. I used my fork and poked the cherry tomato on my plate. Being independent feels lonely. 

 

I'm such a loser, I couldn't even last 15 minutes eating alone. I looked up and made eye contact with a guy sitting 2 tables down from me. What the ? He didn't even look away, I was the one to break the eye contact. That was uncomfortably weird. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. Was he still staring at me? I ignored my gut feeling and looked up. Yeap, he's definitely still staring. I stood up and sat at the seat that was back facing him. Wait do I know him? Like was he a friend of mine before I lost my memory? I just shook off every thought. I don't know, if he was then he'll talk to me, I don't care. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter