{//D-57; 05.07.2-16}

{Between Past and Present}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thunders crashed and the cold wind blew through my semi-opened window. Clad in only shorts and a loose tshirt, I groggily sat up to close my window.

 

0326

 

I still had time to sleep before the long day ahead. Omma had signed me up at Seoul National Academy (SNA) to get my diploma. School's something I've not said for a long time. Here I am, a 21 year old applying to get a diploma and my best friend is out there almost getting a degree.

 

I missed 4 years of my life. I could have been in an overseas university studying theatre, or being a teacher or even a journalist. But I guess life has "wonderful" things in store for me.

 

 

The best part of SNA was that I can choose the choice of diploma, not just get a generic one most high schools offer.

 

I went ahead and chose diploma in media and communication. Being a news anchor would be like a big thing for me. I've always found language a beauty, intrigued by the different mediums that translate it; by art, dancing, singing, rapping, playing the instruments, etc.

 

So when SNA offered Media and Communication as a course, I took it up almost immediately. We were having an orientation programme today to familiarize ourselves with our future schoolmates and the buildings. The competitive course had multiple rounds of interview, and wowing them is definitely a hard task! I thought I failed the previous round of interviews but imagine my surprise when I got the letter of acceptance!

 

 

I went down to the kitchen to get a glass of water when I realised that the light was on and voices could be heard.

 

 

 

"Hyung, you can't prevent them from chancing upon each other forever! The only way that's possible is if we send our baby sister out of the country." Daesung oppa's voice was heard.

 

"Oh you don't know how tempted I am to do that." Jiyong oppa sighed.

 

"Tempted to do what oppas?" I feigned ignorance.

 

"Tempted to.... take the day off to send our baby sister for her first day of school! Right, hyung?" Daesung oppa grinned while putting an arm around Jiyong oppa's shoulders.

 

I rolled my eyes, "Ha ha, as if."

 

 

 

I pushed them aside to get to the refrigerator. After downing my cup of refreshing ice cold water, I went back to my room to drift off to lala land.

 

 

"Princess, wake up! You don't want to be late now do you?" I could faintly hear Youngbae oppa.

 

 

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes as I yawned.

 

1049

 

I immediately jolted up. The orientation programme starts at 12 noon!  I shoo-ed oppa out of the room and started frantically to find an outfit.

I didn't want to be overdress but I didn't want to be underdressed either. In the end, I picked out this outfit.

It was comfy and it hid my scars! I hoped there's not much running involved, my Dr. Martens will murder my feet! 

I stripped and took a short shower. Feeling the cold water against my skin felt so soothing and refreshing, driving away all my sleepiness. I wrapped my body with my towel as I stood in front of my bathroom counter.

I popped in my contacts and wore light natural looking makeup. I blow dried my hair til its damp and applied a little morrocan argan oil. I proceeded with wearing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter