The Unwanted (In Other Words "Minho")

The Importance of Being Evil

Excerpt:

“No!” Minho cut him off. “This isn’t fair! Ryeowook, get your hands off me! Kyuhyun, Changmin, he can’t do this!”

...

“You guys are laughing hysterically,” Minho observed as he stepped into Kyuhyun’s room. “That is never a good sign.”

“Don’t worry, you aren’t our target,” Kyuhyun told him. “Our aim is to destroy every member in our respective bands.”

Minho raised one eyebrow. “And…what exactly are you trying to do?” He’d be lying if he wasn’t filled with hope at those words. Perhaps he wouldn’t be the most goddamn miserable person in this company after all.

“We’re trying to reinforce how amazingly evil we are,” Kyuhyun told him enthusiastically. “It seems people have been…forgetting just how awesome we are. We need to remind them.”

Changmin ardently nodded.

Minho sighed. “You cannot have it as bad as me,” he told them, preparing to let out his practiced “my-life-is-worse-than-yours” rant and garner some sympathy (oh who was he kidding - the day anyone got sympathy from Kyuhyun and Changmin was the day the world ceased to exist).

He didn’t even get a word out before the door opened and Ryeowook came striding in.

“Hey,” Minho greeted, smiling at his fellow SM member. Ryeowook didn’t smile back. Silently, Minho readied himself for more ‘let’s-all-torment-Minho’ fun.

“Teukie-hyung wants me to tell you that you’re not allowed in this room,” Ryeowook told him briskly.

Minho stared. “…Excuse me?”

“You’re allowed to have supervised visits in the living room,” Ryeowook continued, while Minho continued to gawk. “That’s all.”

Minho stared with wide eyes at the other male, before turning to Kyuhyun. Perhaps the evil maknae had cooked this up to add to his pain. Kyuhyun, however, looked just as bewildered - and more than a little bit pained (although Minho suspected this had nothing to do with his plight, and more to do with Kyuhyun’s rapidly diminishing reputation).

“You’re kidding, right?” Minho managed. “Right? Right?”

“I’ll you out.”

“Wha - no!” Minho took a step backwards. “Come on! I’ve had a seriously crappy day and if I can’t even see my demonic best friends anymore….what do I have left?!”

“Don’t worry,” Kyuhyun told him and, as if a sign of how insane this really was, the other male actually sounded sympathetic. “This will be over soon. We just need to - ”

“No!” Minho cut him off. “This isn’t fair! Ryeowook, get your hands off me! Kyuhyun, Changmin, he can’t do this!”

His so-called best friends simply shrugged.

“Come on guys!” Minho snapped when he was dragged to the living room by Ryeowook (who, for such a small guy, had a surprising amount of strength). “What happened to the whole ‘SM family’ deal?!”

The other Super Junior members stared at him blankly for a few moments before Leeteuk chose to speak up.

“Well Minho,” the leader coughed, “none of us really feel - ”

“Okay, do not drag me into this,” Kangin snapped. “I feel nothing - nothing.”

“ - safe with you around the maknaes.”

“It was a game!” Minho stared at Leeteuk in wide-eyed disbelief. “I thought we’d established that!”

Leeteuk frowned. “Well…”

“Oh come on!”

Leeteuk sighed. “Look, we - ”

“You,” Kangin gritted out.

“ - just think that, perhaps, you shouldn’t come around so much, that’s all.”

“I’ve pretty much been banned from the SNSD and f(x) forms,” Minho told them slowly. “Now, what, I’m not allowed here either? What the hell do I have left?!”

“Um, DBSK don’t want you around either,” Donghae told him, slightly apologetic. “Jaejoong-hyung thinks you’re a bad influence.”

“Since when is Jaejoong even a member of DBSK?!” Minho demanded harshly. “He left!”

“The psychopath thinks his ‘baby’ is in danger or something,” Kangin replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“This is insane!” Minho growled.

“It’s okay Minho,” Heechul told him, smiling slightly (of course, their was that glint in his eyes that told you that you were never really safe). “I understand you completely.”

Somehow, Minho found this more horrific than all the rest of it.

“You know,” Kyuhyun sighed as he heard the front door slamming, “I’m starting to feel really bad for Minho….I think that’s a hint at just how much his life right now.”

“Yeah,” Changmin agreed. “Well, I’m sure once we fix this mess, things will be better for him too.”

“Exactly!” Kyuhyun agreed, nodding rapidly. “That’s why we should get a move on. Right, so, the plan is, we torment each of our members with the most mind-numbingly painful pranks we can come up with and only stop when they are all trembling at our feet!”

“Yeah, something like that,” Changmin agreed, nodding in response. “Who are we going to start of with?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes sparked. “Leeteuk-hyung!” he announced eagerly. “He is driving me crazy.”

“No,” Changmin disagreed. “We have to start small - if we hit big straight away everything will just topple down.”

“…That doesn’t make any sense.”

Changmin shrugged. “Well it sounded right in my head, and I think it’s been established that I’m the rational one in this group. So, we’ll start with - ”

“ - Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up once more. “Can we please start with Ryeowook?! I have the perfect plan for him!”

Changmin leant forward.

“It’s his mother’s birthday in two days,” Kyuhyun told him. “Each year, he bakes her a cake - and of course, since it’s Ryeowook, it’s freaking amazing.” He let out a small, dreamy sigh. “Oh, that cake…I’m sorry it has to be collateral damage in our magnificent plan.”

“Kyuhyun…come on,” Changmin urged. “What’s the plan?”

“We’ll destroy the cake,” Kyuhyun told him. “Ryeowook will be devastated when his lovely cake is destroyed. And, because he always makes it the day before - something about it being the best when fresh - it’ll be too late for him to start again.”

Changmin’s row furrowed slightly. “I don’t know,” he said slowly. “I feel kind of bad about ruining his gift to his mum.”

“Changmin…maybe you have gone soft.” Kyuhyun’s eyebrows raised.

Changmin scowled. “Let’s destroy that pile of buttery goodness.”

“Chocolate.”

“What?”

“It’s always a chocolate cake,” Kyuhyun told his friend.

“…Geez, we are evil.”

When Minho stormed into his dorm, Taemin was the first to glance up.

“Hyung?”

“What?!” Minho snapped. Usually he wouldn't dare use that tone with Taemin (one look into the younger’s doe-eyes would turn you into a whimpering mess, begging for forgiveness), but he was in a seriously bad mood. “Am I banned from here too?!”

All four of his bandmates stared at him.

“Never mind,” Minho sighed, his shoulders slumping.

“Are you alright?” Onew asked, frowning slightly.

“Yup, I’m fine,” Minho told him swiftly. “Absolutely fine. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to go upstairs and cry myself to sleep.”

“Wait!” Jonghyun hurriedly yelled. “Before you go, Key has something to say to you!”

Key’s eye twitched slightly.

“Does he?” Minho questioned, closing his eyes in frustration. Oh sweet lord, why didn’t he just leave the country when he had the chance?

Key stood up and took a deep breath. “I…well, I just wanted to say that…” His expression faltered.

Minho took a step back. “Okay,” he said, “I’m just going to - ”

“I’m sorry!”

Minho stared.

“I’m…very…sorry Minho,” Key told him slowly. “For…threatening you. On numerous occasions. And for hinting that you were a man - again, on numerous occasions.” Minho continued to stare. “And for almost agreeing to join SNSD’s silent protest against you - ”

Minho winced.

“And?” Onew pressed.

“…And I was wondering if we could spend some q-quality time together because…I feel like we’ve been growing apart - ”

“Key, I can see you reading off your palm,” Minho sighed.

Key quickly hid his hand behind his back.

“I’m going to bed,” Minho told them. He turn turned around and headed in the opposite direction, ignoring Jonghyun’s angry hisses as he reprimanded Key.

So now Key was the only one who wanted to be alone with him? Forced or not, that had t be a sign that the end was near.

AN:

Thanks to everyone who read the last chapter! Hopefully you’ll all enjoy this as much as Truth or Dare. Tell me what you thought of this chapter :D