luhan

Chasing Rainbows - Character Profiles

LUHAN CHARACTER PROFILE

 He is usually really incredibly horribly paralyzingly shy around strangers. (he was polite but sort of afraid of Junmyeon, somehow liked Kyungsoo right off the bat, Sehun doesn't count)

 His memory is practically flawless and he HATES it. He drinks partially for funsies, but mostly because he can't remember jack when he drinks.

 He acts bubbly and talkative, and to some degree, he is, but he's often actually physically drained from all the college activities he participates in (i.e. binge drinking and bar hopping).

 He puts a lot of emphasis on how he makes other people feel, so he tries to please others even at his own expense (i.e. when Sehun makes things all awkward because he's a huge dumb and Luhan still tries to participate in Sehun's weak attempts at smalltalk, even though it hurts).

 He's not very confrontational - if you manage to get him to say something instead of running away, then you must have REALLY pissed him off.

 He sleeps more than is healthy - this can be attributed to any of many factors, including: clinical depression, drinking habits, tendencies to try to escape issues/problems/confrontations by way of unconsciousness, how TIRED he gets from daily interaction, etc.

 Lately he has had to drink to get himself to talk to anybody (even "close" friends).

 He tends to put blame on things outside himself for what he's feeling/doing (i.e. "Sehun's the reason for my friendlessness," "Minseok's the reason for my loneliness;" he also blames hangovers and school for his lack of energy)

CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS

 SEHUN

             With Sehun, he is bubbly and talkative and curious without trying, which is a new feeling for him as of late.

             He tries a lot to be touchy. His solicitations are usually hit or miss, depending on Sehun's mood.

             He doesn't tend to notice when Sehun lapses into awkward because he's so dang comfortable with him.

             He is generally confused by Sehun's behavior, and he tries to adapt to it throughout their interactions to no avail. He doesn't cognitively get what the hell Sehun wants from him (probably because Sehun doesn't know, either, until the very end. sigh that lil )

             He has his suspicions that Sehun isn't who he says he is, but he's too paranoid to ask about it. He isn't surprised at the end by Sehun's outing - he's surprised by the fact that it's Sehun and not some random stranger. (Sehun has never been very good at lying and he still isn't lolol)

 MINSEOK

             Their lives are so awkward after the kiss omg.

             Before the kiss, they would constantly snark at each other to the point that people around them felt like a third wheel, even though they technically were never together.

             Luhan doted a lot on Minseok in the past, especially around the time that he developed his little crush on him.

             Minseok sort of doted back, but in weird ways. Like he's the kind of person who cleans your room and randomly brings you your favorite take-out to show that he likes you instead of buying presents or confessing his lurve.

             Luhan has always been really awful at lying to/in front of Minseok, and this includes about his emotions - that's why he can't hide his feelings when Minseok comes in while they're packing and immediately escapes instead of trying to play it off.

             They love each other a lot okay I CANNOT stress this enough. All friends make mistakes, especially in awkward situations like Minseok and Luhan's, but both of them are very much attached to each other.

 JONGIN

             He was affectionate with Jongin, but not in the same way as with Sehun. (obviously not otherwise this would be LuGin and that ship name just don't fly yo)

             Luhan would gently about his things/animals, but only a little.

             He was generally really nice to Jongin. He sort of took him under his wing in a similar way to Sehun, but not exactly because Sehun needed him whereas Jongin simply preferred him to other people.

             He's always acted as an older sibling to Jongin, and he still does. He often texted to check up on him in the States and to make sure he was eating/sleeping right and junk like that.

             Luhan doesn't tell Jongin about his drinking issues because he's always held himself to the standard of Jongin's role model. He firmly believes that Jongin is stronger than him, so he tries his best not to appear weak to him.

 TAO

             Luhan sort of rolled his eyes at Tao's antics, but he liked him just fine.

             He was not as close to Tao as some of the others, but he generally kept him from ever being particularly subjected to being the victim of the other kid's plots.

             He protected Tao from a lot of things until Tao was old enough to defend himself emotionally instead of just physically. He acted as a counselor and an emotional barrier for him for a while.

             Luhan kept a reign on Tao to keep him from wushuing the other boys to death (especially Jongdae, because Luhan felt especially responsible for him).

 JONGDAE

             Luhan was closest to Jongdae out of all the kids (including, in some regards, Sehun).

             Luhan was never afraid of trolling Jongdae back, even if it would make him the target of whatever Jongdae's next prank was.

             He never really fell for Jongdae's antics in the strictest sense, but he often played along to make Jongdae feel better.

             Luhan always appreciated how genuinely good Jongdae was - Jongdae always concerned himself with other people when they were sad, and he played a pretty crucial role in helping with Tao's emotional battles, even though he was the one most frequently on the receiving end of Tao's wushu powaaahhh.

             As much as Luhan didn't believe in the "everything is good" thing that Jongdae believes, he always admired Jongdae for remaining so steadfast in that belief.

             Luhan only chastised Jongdae in matters concerning Sehun - otherwise, Jongdae had pretty much free reign to do what he wanted (although Luhan occasionally drew the line with Tao if Jongdae didn't draw the line with him first).

 KYUNGSOO

             Luhan was shy and polite with him at first, but he took a liking to him really quickly (especially after the sugar episode) and basically became his personal menace along with Sehun and Baekhyun.

             He thinks the world of Kyungsoo in a much similar way that Sehun does, mostly because he senses Kyungsoo's genuine concern in things and denotes his bossiness as overprotectiveness.

             Kyungsoo is very good at talking people through things, which is why he was a massive help when he found Luhan in the neighborhood before Sehun got there.

             Luhan looks to him as a makeshift mother - a sort of loose authoritative figure that he can use when he needs advice.

 BAEKHYUN

             Luhan was and still is painfully shy around Baekhyun.

             Sehun makes him attempt to talk to them, and he has, on more than one occasion, entirely left a room to the two of them in order to encourage them to ~discuss life~.

             Baekhyun is a little obsessive over Luhan, mostly because very few people dislike Baekhyun and Luhan being intimidated by Baek is one of the worst things that Baek has ever experienced (in his overexaggerated opinion).