minseok

Chasing Rainbows - Character Profiles

tumblr_n7jckyGVWn1r6274lo7_1280.png

MINSEOK CHARACTER PROFILE

 Minseok is a VERY VERY VERY overprotective person of his friends in a different sort of way.

 He is the absolute definition of nonconfrontational, even though he comes across that way to Sehun. The only reason he was so mean-ish to Sehun was because he was in a very precarious and serious position as far as Luhan was concerned.

 He really loves Luhan a lot. Like Luhan is basically his best friend and he actually considers screwing up their relationship as the worst thing he's ever done in his entire life.

 He doesn't know how to deal with emotional abundance, which is why he's sort of left behind when Luhan pulls that emotional whopper on him.

 He is very distrustful at first glance of anyone, especially those associated with his friends.

 His overprotectiveness manifests itself in advice - he's the kind of person who puts someone in 4 coats and a scarf and glove set before they go out in 60 degree weather so they don't get cold. He is NOT, however, the kind of person who would fly to the sun and tell it to be warmer for someone.

 He addresses problems through prevention and adaptation techniques - he doesn't try to change their existence so much as he tries to change his reaction to them. Luhan does NOT get this, sometimes with good reason and sometimes simply because Luhan is a big dummyhead.

 MINSEOK IS MADE OUT AS A BAD GUY IN THIS STORY BUT I SWEAR HE'S NOT. WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE WHOLE STORY CRIES I LOVE MINSEOK I SWEAR TO YOU.

RELATIONSHIPS

 LUHAN

             He cares so much about Luhan. Like this is his saving grace as a person. He would probably snap your head off if you came too close to Luhan at this point.

             He's learned a lot from the mistakes he made after Luhan kissed him, and although he's accepted the fact that he can't return the romantic affections, he's also decided that Luhan is worth way more than what he did and is now super determined to fight for/defend him at any cost at all.

             Basically leaving Luhan behind that night was the pinnacle of the "douchebag" part of his existence and he is now on the downslide to absolute perfection.

             They got along really well from the beginning - Minseok tutored Luhan in some subjects and Luhan tutored him in math, even though Minseok makes fun of him all the time for failing that one math test ("You got that wrong, it's supposed to be" "How can I trust someone who got a 40 on a math exam?")

             They used to spend nights talking about various random things and practicing girl group dances together. That was how they destressed during exam times.

             They both actually decided once that Douche Boy In The Front Seat (canon name - DBITFS) was a total tool and they seriously didn't know why they hung out with him.

             They were pretty emotionally close. Minseok didn't realize this until Luhan kissed him because he'd always thought they were casual friends, but after suffering through Luhan's loss, Minseok realized how much weight he put on their friendship and Luhan's general presence.

             When Luhan decides to move in permanently with Sehun in their cute lil button house, Minseok initially protests but then decides that he's pretty okay with it because he actually likes and trusts Sehun more than he lets on.

             He eventually gets a new roommate (YIXING FTW) but Luhan still asks him to come over and hang with him and Sehun every once in a while.

 SEHUN

             So yeah, he totally hates him at first, don't be fooled. He hates his dumb blank face and his stupid fast food uniform and the way that Luhan already likes him better. He also recognizes, however, that he shouldn't hate him. He knows he's being a jelly brat about it.

             Minseok is usually a good judge of character, and he knows right off the bat that Sehun is a good, trustworthy character (even though he doesn't know that he was lying about his name and stuff oops).

             The only reason he even let Luhan leave with Sehun was because he could tell that Sehun would take care of him and (despite the fact that he hates talking about it) he really did up where he and Luhan's relationship is concerned.

             By the end of the story, Minseok wants to blame Sehun for all the things Luhan goes through - partially because he can't blame Luhan, partially because he's jealous, and partially because he doesn't want to blame himself for his BFF being in a hospital bed.

             After Sehun and Luhan get their smooch on at the end, Minseok comes in and stays the rest of the night with them - Sehun tries to talk to him and he eventually warms up to him a little when he sees how happy Luhan is in his presence.

             He's still a little bitter about having his roommate stolen but he's getting over it every day yaaaaaay!