jongin

Chasing Rainbows - Character Profiles

JONGIN CHARACTER PROFILE

 He is the quietest member of the original five.

 Luhan is quiet around people he doesn't know, but Jongin is just quiet in general. He actually fits the category for "socially awkward."

 He cares about people a lot without explicitly saying it much - he actually worries about Luhan just as much as Luhan worries about him when he goes to America.

 He has a sort of childlike wonder towards the world. He catches fluffballs and animals in order to keep pieces of that wonder.

 He's not the type to have best friends because he holds people at a distance as equals, but Sehun manages to wiggle his way in there before he leaves.

 He talks to his animals more than he talks to his friends tbh. (his favorite animal is his snake, Phoebus)

 He also has a lot of poodles ("They're cute, okay. My mom wanted me to have normal pets too.").

 In his childhood, he never really did anything, so he made up for it by making himself really busy during high school. His outstanding curriculars and outstanding grades are what ended up earning him acceptance into a U.S. school.

RELATIONSHIPS

 SEHUN

             He was closest to this tool. He and Sehun were animal buddies - although Jongin usually kept the spoils, Sehun would help him think up traps and other fun things.

             He often used Sehun as a means to get to his pond (lol no shame).

             He never really shared much of himself with Sehun, but Sehun babbled a lot about random things. (in childhood, there aren't many deep things to share about life anyways, so Sehun mostly talked to him about colors and food)

             They were the kind of friends who could do nothing together or do all the things together - it never really mattered much to either of them which they did.

             Jongin spent most of his time either alone, playing with his animals, or with Sehun.

             Sehun was really good at talking Jongin into doing stupid things to "prove his manlihood."

 LUHAN

             Jongin liked Luhan a great deal, but Luhan was always really talkative and it made Jongin tired.

             Usually whenever he wanted to be alone or play with his animals, he would drag Sehun to Luhan's house, get them cozied up, and leave them there.

             He looked up to Luhan to a certain degree, but he's always been really good at picking out character flaws and recognized Luhan's right off the bat.

             Jongin usually used character flaws in other people to improve himself because he's probably the smartest, wisest kid ever, so he considered Luhan as doing him a favor by being so messed up (he never told him that tho obv).

             He texted Luhan a lot when he first got to the US because it was all really amazing and he wanted to share it with somebody, but those dwindled after a while when school started cuz DAMN was it hard.

             He decided based on the difficulty of his first school year to come back to Korea for a year to study more. He plans on returning afterwards, even though Luhan kind of doesn't want him to.

             He secretly thinks that Luhan is smart enough to study in the States, too, but he would never tell him that.

             One time, he gave Luhan one of his spiders for his birthday. Luhan thanked him, but the second he got home, he let it go in the grass and told him it escaped (Jongin may not be icky but spiders are SUPER GROSS ok).

 TAO

             Tao and Jongdae's antics were a constant source of amusement for Jongin, although he never participated in them himself.

             Jongin considered Tao a good, genuine person, although his constant outbursts were a little disconcerting to him.

             He used to take wushu lessons from Tao during high school - in fact, during that time, Tao was the person he hung out with the most out of the original five because of this.

             He lost almost all contact with Tao after he moved to the States. He feels kind of awful that he's missing reconvening with him in order to move into his old apartment with Jongdae.

 JONGDAE

             Jongin thinks a lot of Jongdae, even though he's a lil punk.

             Jongin thinks out of the entire group, Jongdae has the least amount of character flaws - he's just too nice.

             He puts a lot of trust in Jongdae. He would never let Sehun take care of/manhandle his animals like he let Jongdae.

             He put Jongdae in charge of his animal's wellbeings after he decided to pursue his education in the States, which was a huge deal to him (he still took Phoebus - there was no way he was entrusting anyone else with his baby).

             He and Jongdae kept the most contact when he went out to the States, hence why he knew about Tao moving out and could ask about moving in in Tao's place.

             They plan on moving all of Jongin's animals into the apartment gradually and seeing at what point the tenants of the apartment complex will complain.