sehun

Chasing Rainbows - Character Profiles

SEHUN CHARACTER PROFILE

 Sehun operates on his own agenda at all times. He is all about himself and doing what he wants to do, which poses problems in both his work life and social life.

 He's not exactly dirty, especially when it comes to matters of himself and his personal wellbeing. He's more messy than he is legitimately nasty.

 He is constantly bored with life, but he's strangely okay with it. This stems from the chaotic tendencies that he had to suffer through during his time at the foster homes - he never had any time to form any lasting habits so he made sure he was completely settled when he moved to his apartment.

 He does have a bit of an attitude. He can be mildly disrespectful and tends to enjoy pissing people off (i.e. Kyungsoo).

 He's a really sympathetic/empathetic person, but he has a lot of trouble acting on that sympathy and empathy. He's a thinker, not a doer.

 He is EXCEEDINGLY awkward in social situations, even ones where he should hypothetically be comfortable.

 He is forgetful, yes, but he generally remembers what's most important.

 

CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS

 

 LUHAN

             ​Sehun is so paralyzingly awkward with Luhan from the moment they meet again that it's not even funny. What makes him more awkward is the fact that Luhan isn't awkward around him at all.

             He is the most indecisive little ever about anything that has to do with Luhan. Like he's indecisive in general but forreal dude stop being a baby and kiss him already.

             He is not touchy with Luhan unless forced to be (in direct contrast with the fact that Luhan is very touchy generally as a human being and therefore is all over Sehun practically all the time).

             Considering these two are the main foci of the story, most everything else about their relationship is pretty obvious.

 KYUNGSOO

             ​Sehun is incredibly bratty and irresponsible around Kyungsoo, mostly because he knows that Kyungsoo will do whatever he doesn't do.

             He actually puts a lot of weight on and in everything that Kyungsoo says. He regards him as sort of a wiser, older, more sophisticated breed of person.

             He refuses to admit or show it, but he thinks Kyungsoo is incredibly smart and sort of admires him in this backwards kind of way (the way that you admire your parents, even as you disobey them).

 JONGDAE

             ​When Sehun was a kid, he was the least close to Jongdae out of all the other kids. (I know it seems like he was least close to Tao in the story but seriously he and Tao were kawaii superbros like no lie)

             Sehun was a brat to Jongdae occasionally, but Jongdae was so good at getting him back when he least expected it that Sehun learned to do it sparsely.

             They had one of those "one of them insults, the other sticks out their tongue" kind of relationship mostly.

             Sehun gets kind of jealous now over Jongdae and Luhan's closeness (Jongdae and Luhan were always the closest, but Sehun is one of those dickish "but I'm the boyfriend" types who gets jealous of everything oops)

             They're a lot closer now, which Sehun is really thankful for because even though Jongdae is a total dweeb/prankster master, he is also one of the sweetest, funniest, most kind/giving/concerned/loving/affectionate people to ever cross the earth.

 JUNMYEON

             ​Honestly, Sehun is a complete angel to Junmyeon.

             He always pays attention to what Junmyeon is saying, even if he's heard it 4895849 times before, and he always comes up with intelligent answers to all of his questions.

             Basically, Sehun is an absolute doll whenever Junmyeon is around. Junmyeon is the ONLY PERSON ON PLANET EARTH that can make Sehun cordial and polite.

 JONGIN

             ​Sehun got along best with Jongin because of their age, and besides Luhan, Sehun considered Jongin his best friend.

             He slightly bullied Jongin on occasion, but not too much. Jongin was too easy, and he would never react or bully back to whatever Sehun did or said.

             Sehun was usually the one to talk Jongin into doing stupidass stuff like stealing his mom's car because Jongin was too meek/mild-mannered to do things like that on his own.

              They were in the same elementary classes. They usually spent their time throwing pencils at each other from across the room when the teacher's back was turned. (they bought the really cheap like 300-a-pack unsharpened pencils solely for this purpose)

             Sehun thinks Jongin is too smart to be friends with him, so he often called him stupid back in the day to drag him back down to his level.

 TAO

             ​They had brat-offs in which one would try to out-do the other, but Sehun actually liked him a whole heck of a lot.

             Both of them bullied each other relentlessly. (Sehun did it because Tao was the most reactive of his friends; Tao mostly did it because Sehun did it first)

             Tao could probably kick his with nothing but a pencil stub and his pinky finger, but Sehun surprisingly never felt the entirety of Tao's wrath, despite being the most annoying towards him. (Jongdae felt the brunt of that)

             Most everyone picked on Tao at least a little bit because his reactions were so fierce.

             Tao often threatened to tell on them but he never actually did because he didn't actually want his friends to get in trouble. He usually ended up handling situations himself. (this usually ended with black eyes)

             Tao was always really super cuddly with Sehun because no one else was touchy and Tao is the kind of person who needs physical confirmation of friendship.