jongdae

Chasing Rainbows - Character Profiles

tumblr_n7jckyGVWn1r6274lo7_1280.png

JONGDAE CHARACTER PROFILE

 He is actually too good for words. Legit.

 Like the only reason he hasn't been canonically glorified as an actual angel is because he's simultaneously a lil about pranking people.

 He is incredibly naive in life, although he is quite sly in his trolling.

 He often doesn't understand a lot of complications in a situation - his mind is hardwired for simplicity (which is a pretty admirable thing, such as in the convo with Sehun where Sehun was trying to explain how he couldn't tell Luhan anything and Jongdae was like "wut why tho").

 Simplicity in mind is actually a great tactic for making decisions clearer, which is why Jongdae has always been an ACTION MAN.

 He's pretty sure he's the smart one and everyone else is just spiritually dumb. (he's not wrong)

 If it were up to him, everyone would be 100% honest with each other about everything, and there would be no secrets between any two people (besides who hid the soy sauce and who replaced Luhan's body cream with horseradish because ahem).

RELATIONSHIPS

 LUHAN

             They have been close for as long as Jongdae can remember - Luhan practically played a role in raising him (not that Jongdae's parents weren't great cuz they totally were).

             Jongdae admires Luhan a lot, just like Luhan admires him. (they have a kawaii mutual admiration going on aw aw)

             Jongdae may or may not have had a tiny crush on Luhan as a wee babe, but it was pretty quickly stamped out when Luhan went straight down the road of "troubled teenager" with the drugs and booze.

             They reconnected pretty easily, especially because Luhan is such an easygoing person when he knows you.

             Jongdae sort of looks over Luhan without telling him that's what he's doing, mostly because Luhan would be offended if he knew - Luhan has always been the kind of person who mothers you but bristles at the idea of being mothered.

 SEHUN

             They were never really all that close comparatively, although Jongdae always had this little spot in his heart for the lil brat.

             Jongdae was pretty torn up when Sehun left, mostly because Luhan moped for like a straight 10 years afterwards.

             Jongdae played a big role in counseling everybody after Sehun was taken away - he helped Jongin and Tao a lot, although he was never quite able to reach Luhan, no matter how hard he tried.

             He himself also missed Sehun a lot, especially after seeing him again. Sehun had always been really reserved with Jongdae, but Jongdae saw how Sehun would pick on Tao, so he knew he wasn't always like that.

             He always wanted to be close with Sehun but lacked the confidence to just do so, so he took it out by massively pranking him every once in a while.

 TAO

             Jongdae and Tao had the kind of relationship where everyone would groan when they were together because they were constantly taunting each other in some way, shape, or form.

             Jongdae absolutely adored Tao from his head to his toes, but Tao was always annoyed with how much Jongdae pranked him.

             Jongdae had one of those "I'm going to push you over on the playground so you don't know I like you" kind of crushes on Tao. (he still does oopsies)

             Tao was never conservative about beating the out of Jongdae when he went too far, but he also relied heavily on Jongdae for emotional stability. Tao was always rather volatile, especially as a child, and Jongdae took a lot of responsibility in calming him down and talking him through things, even if they were ridiculous (although they usually weren't).

             Jongdae looked after Tao as he was going through school, and Tao ultimately decided to go to the same college as Jongdae because of that (he was a little needy ehehe).

             Tao moving out is actually a HUGE step for him because he's always relied on Jongdae to some degree, and even though it seemed pretty perfect to let Luhan live with him after that, Jongdae is really incredibly sad that Tao is leaving at all.

             Jongdae is actually the main reason Tao comes back so frequently. Jongdae didn't make Tao promise necessarily but he was so sad when Tao boarded the plane that Tao decided to never stay away too long if he could help it.

 JONGIN

             Jongdae was always fascinated by Jongin's animals - he used to think only the best people could make animals like them like that.

             He didn't prank Jongin that much. Actually nobody really pranked Jongin much because he was just so darned precious and quiet.

             Jongdae loved to just sit in Jongin's room and play with his animals - Jongin would just sit and watch him and smile because he actually thought of his animals as an extension of himself and he was SUPER proud of them.

             Jongdae had this sort of "hair-ruffle and awk brofist" relationship where they'd be really close one day and really awkward with each other the next.

             This persisted through high school, when Jongin joined like 3489343 extracurricular clubs and had no time to do anything.

             Jongdae still went over to his house to sit with the animals - Jongin eventually gave him an extra key so he could come in when he wasn't home and feed them and stuff.

             There was one time where Jongdae tried to prank him by hiding his mice and claiming that the snake had gotten out and eaten them all, but Jongin legit panicked so he had to tell the truth directly afterward. Jongin warned him that if he ever pranked him like that again, he'd never let him use the animals for their therapeutic qualities ever again.

             Jongdae believed him.