six

torpedo



 

"What are you reading?"

Yunho nearly falls off his chair and shoves the black notebook in his bag. He shoots a glare towards the intruder and flips him off. "You know what you almost gave me? A heart attack. Yes, that's right."


"You're overreacting. I'm sure you're just hiding something."

"Shut up Yoochun. I am not."

Park Yoochun, their manager, sits opposite the supposed to be resting star on the couch and hums in response, clearly not buying his answer. "I have eyes, Yunho. I saw that. But I'm not going to force anything out of you."

"Why are you in my dressing room anyway?"

"It's not yours, Yunho. You share this with Changmin. Your turn in fifteen. He's almost done and it's almost lunch time." Yoochun reminds as he gets up, stretching his arms.

Yunho snaps his fingers and bounces a little on his seat. "Yoochunah, can you get a staff to wait for my guests in the lobby? This building is a maze and I don't want them getting lost."

"You better make sure they behave or I'll personally kick them out. And wipe that stupid grin off your face. This is a magazine spread for a An An, not *Nicola."

He widens his grin just to spite his manager who kicks him in the shin before walking out, slamming the door shut.





Yunho just could not believe his luck. Just twenty minutes into his shoot, Kangin enters the set with Jaejoong and someone else in tow. He hears the photographer hiss at him and he straightens up. Now is not the time to spazz over the fact that Jaejoong came. Jaejoong actually came. It may not be entirely for him, considering that the fan has a huge crush on his bandmate, much to his chagrin, but still. He glances at Jaejoong and clenches his fists when he sees Changmin approaching him. "Get your together," he tells himself, because if he lets it get to him, he's going to have a hard time concentrating and his shoot will take more time.

Taking a deep breath, he focuses on the task at hand and is very much pleased that he finishes in fifteen minutes. Not even bothering to change his clothes, he marches his way to Jaejoong, his pace fastening when he witnesses Changmin pull him in a hug. "I'd like to have Jaejoong back, please." he says rather irritatingly as he grabs a hold of Jaejoong's arm, trying to pull him away from his bandmate who seems to have tightened his hold on him.

"Can you not? We're having a moment." Changmin replies challengingly. His eyes widen when the taller man pushes Jaejoong's face in his chest. Jaejoong squeaks.

"You're hurting him." he growls, tugging on Jaejoong's arm harder.

"I'm not. I'm sure he likes it."

"Don't be an , Changmin. Let go of him."

"What the hell is going on here?!" Yunho sighs. Great, now Yoochun has arrived and they're never going to hear the end of it. "Look around, everyone is staring. Changmin, let go of that man and Yunho, lower your voice."

"Such a dictator." He blinks at the unfamiliar voice. He watches as Jaejoong lightly slaps his friend on the arm. "What? I'm just telling the truth! It's like there's a shoe permanently stuck up his . He needs to calm his balls."

Yunho shamelessly snorts. Yoochun deserves that. He's just so uptight sometimes. Whoever Jaejoong's friend is, he already likes him. But not as much as he likes Jaejoong. Well, not really like that. He looks at Jaejoong and almost blushes when he catches the man looking right back at him. "Food?" he croaks out.

They both settle down the couch after successfully managing to shoo Changmin away. Jaejoong's friend has taken the liberty to go and annoy the hell out of their manager. "I... I didn't know what you wanted so I thought... I, well Junsu..."

He chuckles. "It's okay, Jaejoong. I like burgers and fries. Thank you. You didn't have to buy food for everyone, though."

When he found out that the fan has done such thing, his mind went haywire. Jaejoong is definitely not like any fan out there. He respects them, not just as artists but as humans. He cares for them, everyone around them, does not boast and he certainly does not take advantage of their friendship.

Friendship.

He wonders if what they have is already friendship.

"I'd be honored to be your friend, Yunho."

Oops.

Seems like he needs to learn how to keep his thoughts to himself.

Rubbing his nape, he lets out a nervous chuckle and stuffs his face with a handful of french fries which causes him to choke. He wheezes and is grateful for the cup of soda handed to him. He chugs it down, hitting his chest with a fist.

"I'm okay." he says when he has recovered from his pathetic coughing fit. "God I'm so embarrassing."

"Don't say that. I suppose it's my fault."

"What are you talking about?"

"That thing, about friendship. I just. I mean, it seemed like you wanted to be friends with me and you said so yourself. I just thought... well if you think I want the friendship just because you're Yunho, then that's not entirely true. Like, of course I'd be proud to be your friend and stuff but--"

"Jaejoong, it's okay." he cuts him off with a smile on his face. He places a hand on Jaejoong's shoulder and squeezes it gently. "I get it. We are friends."

"Friends?"

"Yes. Friends."

"May I be excused?"

"Excuse me?"
"I need to go to the comfort room. My bladder is going to explode any second."

Yunho blinks, bursts out in laughter and then waves a hand, telling Jaejoong that yes, he may be excused. When his laughter dies down, he takes a bite of his burger and puts it down. To his surprise, he finds Jaejoong's wallet on the couch. It must have fallen off his pocket when he stood up. Without giving it much thought, he grabs it and puts it in his own pocket, no intention of returning it to its owner. Not right now, at least. He plasters a smile on his face once Jaejoong gets back from the comfort room. "Success?"

Jaejoong chuckles and occupies his previous spot. "Success."

"So... are you free after this? I... I'm not asking you out on a date! I just... well I'm asking you out but you know just to hangout and stuff. Not really... yeah..."

"I understand what you mean. But you should be asking yourself that, Yunho. I saw your schedule plastered on the wall and you're not free until this evening."

The urge to bang his head on the wall is strong. That did not even cross his mind. His excitement over hanging out with Jaejoong has made him forget that he still has work to finish.

Two points for Changmin. He really is an idiot.

Jaejoong leaves with his friend an hour later and he tries not to let his disappointment show. But with Changmin making weird faces at him, it seems like he's failing miserably.

He hates Changmin sometimes.





Half an hour before the shoot ends, he sends Jaejoong a text. He has managed to get Jaejoong's number and he's not going to tell anyone about it. Anyone meaning Changmin. He still hasn't forgiven him for acting like scrawny leech around Jaejoong.


 
one



Just then, a smirking Changmin shows up. "I hope you know you're acting like a giggly teenager."

"I hope you know I don't need your opinion."

He hates Changmin most of the time.





As soon as he steps out of the car, Jaejoong comes running towards him. "Did you get lost?"

He shakes his head, smiling. In all fairness, Jaejoong looks really good even in just a graphic tee, ripped black skinny jeans and a black Converse. "Kyungjae is a good driver." he says instead, "You look good." and adds because hey, he can't help it.

His compliment seems to have affected Jaejoong too much with the way his cheeks slightly reddened. "I... you look good, too. Well, you always do but you look extra good today even if you're just wearing shorts and that hoo--"

"You're rambling."

"I know! Let's just go inside." Jaejoong takes his hand and leads him inside the lonely looking building. If he were to be honest, the place is a little creepy considering that there are no other people except for them and that sleepy security guard by the entrance. "Don't be scared." Jaejoong says as they take the stairs. Apparently, the elevator is out of order. He glances at Jaejoong's hand holding onto his and he suppresses the urge to grin. "There are six floors in this building. There's a restaurant on the sixth but that's not where we're going."

He doesn't ask where and just lets himself get dragged. Only when they get to the sixth floor and Jaejoong's still pulling him up another flight of stairs does he realize that they are headed to the rooftop. He feels a little bit of disappointment when the other lets go of his hand to push the metal door open.

"The rooftop." he mutters unintelligibly. Jaejoong chuckles and pulls him to an area which pleasantly surprises him. On the floor is a fluffy-looking comforter with lots of equally fluffy pillows scattered around. He watches as Jaejoong crouches down and stares in awe. "Christmas lights?"

Jaejoong chuckles. "Fairy lights."


 



"By any chance, this isn't where you live, right?"

He takes his shoes off and lies down the improvised bed. A laughing Jaejoong takes the spot beside him, squirming a little before he finds a comfortable position. "No silly. Junsu discovered this by accident. He's the artsy fartsy type so he's kinda weird. He hangs out here by himself a lot. Specially when he wants to find his muse. It gets a little chilly at night though so he comes during afternoons until the sun sets. He brought me here one time when he thought there was a ghost watching him."

"Was there any ghost?"

"No. Only cats."

Yunho chuckles softly, grabbing one pillow and holds it close to his chest. "Oh by the way, your wallet." He fishes the lost item from his back pocket and hands it to its rightful owner, feeling a tad guilty when Jaejoong's face visibly lights up.

"Thank you! I thought I lost it forever."

"Don't worry. I didn't take anything."

He grins when Jaejoong slaps him on the arm lightly. "I know you didn't. Ah, I should've brought something to eat."

"Superho to the rescue!" he gets the backpack he ungracefully dropped beside his shoes, opens it, and takes out bags of chips, chocolates and other junk food. He hesitates whether or not he should take out the big bag of marshmallows he bought and decides on the former. "Tada!"

In a split second, the bag of mallows is snatched away from his hand by a grinning Jaejoong. "This is my favorite!"

"I know!"

"You do?"

"I don't! I mean... really?"

"...You are so weird!"

Yunho lets out an awkward chuckle as he nods. "Weird. Yes, I am. Weird." Feeling his body slowly heating up from the stupid slip up, he distracts himself by munching on potato chips.





"This is a slightly personal question, but did you and Changmin ever date?"

Yunho stiffens at the question. It isn't something he expected from Jaejoong although he should have. The man is the owner of a fansite that clearly ships them both. It is bound to be asked sooner or later. Later, he had hoped.

Or never.

That certain topic is something he's not fond of talking about, but he cannot lie to Jaejoong. Not again. He has already lied about the diary and the wallet. If he lies about this too, he's going to live in guilt for the rest of his life.

"We did."

"W-wha--"

"We did. Only for a month. It wasn't even a whole month." he shrugs, acting as if it doesn't bother him. "It didn't work out. It never did."

"Why not?"

"Simply because we don't feel anything for each other?"

"Then why..."

"Because people wanted us to be together. They kept on pointing out how we're perfect for each other and we thought, maybe we really are. And besides, it wouldn't hurt to try, right?"

"When did you realize that it's not meant to be?"

"Everytime we kiss, it just feels... wrong."

"So, have you..."

"Don't push it, Jaejoong. But no, we haven't. If you're asking what I think you're asking. Anyway, how does a fansite master work?" Yunho asks, abruptly changing the topic.

He's not one to talk about the past, specially if it's about his relationship with Changmin. Changmin is pretty much like a brother to him which is why until now, he still doesn't understand what came into them and made them think that engaging in a romantic relationship was a good idea. Although really, it's not as bad as Yunho makes it out to be. He just feels uncomfortable talking about his previous relationships with someone he's crushing on.

Yes, he has finally admitted his crush on Jaejoong. Only to himself, of course. But he's too much of a coward to make a move which is why he does what he does. He steals Jaejoong's things just so he has a reason to ask him out under the pretense of giving back his lost possession.

"Personally, being a fansite master isn't just a job, it's a passion." Jaejoong replies with a smile. Yunho thinks it's cute that he's still stuffing marshmallows in his mouth as he speaks, and it doesn't even look the least bit disgusting. "And very expensive. I tour with you around the world, you know that?"

"...Seriously?"

"Why do you think you see February Days everywhere? I don't have staffs around the world. I refuse to hire one even if Junsu's trying to convince me to. But I do have affiliates."

"You're out of your mind."

Jaejoong lets out a soft chuckle. He has already stopped munching on the treat, mainly because he's finished all of it. "You aren't the first one to tell me that. It's tiring and stressful, to say the least, but it's worth it. I see you two all the time, I make people happy with my pictures, and I earn money. Not easy money, but still money."

Yunho knows Jaejoong is a fan, but he has no idea he's this dedicated to him and Changmin. Just the thought of Jaejoong grinning, jumping up and down singing along to their songs while waving his lightstick makes him feel giddy inside. He'd pay a thousand dollars just to watch Jaejoong watching them during concerts.

He makes a mental note to always provide Jaejoong and his friend free VIP tickets to all their concerts and events. Giving him free tickets is the least he could do. It's definitely no match to what Jaejoong does for them.

"So our concert's coming up..." he trails off, wanting to surprise Jaejoong, but gets cut off when the latter gasps.

"Yes! That reminds me... I'm running out of ideas for my HoMin fan project. Any suggestions?" Jaejoong asks with a grin.

Yunho grits his teeth, frowns and turns his back away from Jaejoong, sulking.