epilogue

torpedo

 

 



As expected, Yunho's stint caused quite a stir, but they were able to easily answer and dodge questions by the media and the fans. Everyone has been asking if it was dedicated to someone in particular and Yunho was quick to deny it. No matter how tempted he was to declare his undying love for Jaejoong, he had careers to protect-- his, Changmin's and Jaejoong's.

"You're too far away. What's up?" Jaejoong prods Yunho's side when he notices him spacing out.

The couple is all snuggled up on the couch in the dressing room, waiting for Yunho's turn to get all dolled up. Yunho would definitely appreciate it if the makeup artist takes her precious time on Changmin just so he would have more time to spend with his beloved. It was not an easy task to convince the man to cuddle with him just until his turn before he could go back outside the concert venue to tend to his stall with Junsu.

Yunho tightens his hold around his waist and smiles. "Just thinking how lucky I am to have someone like you."

"Sap."

"You love me."

"I know."

Jaejoong chuckles softly when Yunho presses a kiss on his temple. "A little duck told me you have prepared something for us."

"Well that little duck is in trouble. Wait 'till I get my hands on him."

"Don't forget my rule, Jae." Yunho reminds him as if he is a three-year old kid.

He rolls his eyes and huffs. "Yunho, how many times do I have to tell you that your no HoMin rule is stupid?"

"Actually, you don't have to tell me that because it's not stupid."

"I know you don't like it, love. But it's not as if we are going to make you and Changmin makeout on stage. Although I'm pretty sure the fans would like that." Yunho gives him a look. "And I am most certainly not one of them. I might have shipped you two, but I don't want you kissing him, or anyone else for that matter, but me. Just... this shipping thing is just inevitable. You're the celebrity, you should know that. And besides, this fan project is for you as a duo, not some married couple."

"I just don't get the point, okay?"

Deciding that it's best to shut up and not tell Yunho more about the said project, Jaejoong straddles him and runs a hand through his dark locks. "You don't have to. This is just for fun, trust me. Whatever it is you might see out there later, don't freak out."





The concert was a hit.

Jaejoong, too, was hit by Yunho's ball. Yunho knew he should have taken Jaejoong's advice. Freaking out because of some stupid banner was definitely not the smartest thing to do.

It was during their encore, he and Changmin were running around the stage with their guns (but really, it's just a big gun loaded with autographed plastic balls). He knew Jaejoong was at the VIP section so that's were his feet took him. All he wanted was a glimpse of his boyfriend. Maybe he could flash him a smile knowing that Jaejoong would love that.

His grin grows wider upon spotting a certain redhead (Junsu), who apparently finds his cellphone more entertaining than the concert. Mentally shaking his head at his friend, he aims his gun at their section, chuckling when Jaejoong finally looks right into his eyes and grins, waving madly. He is about to wave back when Jaejoong suddenly raises a lightboard that simply says "HOMIN FOREVER LOVE".

Out of surprise, he unconsciously pulls the trigger and drops the gun the same time Jaejoong drops on the ground.

Well, .





Jaejoong finds himself at the hospital.

Groaning, he sits up and winces as his forehead starts to throb. He spots Junsu on the small couch sporting a determined look on his face as he madly taps his phone screen with his fingers. "Junsu..." he croaks out, his throat parched.

Junsu squeaks, muttering a string of curses when he loses but gets up to get Jaejoong a glass of water anyway. "Good afternoon to you too. You were out for days. Scared the out of me, Jae. Don't do that again."

Jaejoong gulps the liquid down. But it was not his fault. "Where's Yunho?"

He quirks a brow when Junsu chuckles. What's so funny? "A few days ago it was Changmin and now it's the other one? Don't look for people who aren't here, Jaejae."

"Seriously Junsu, stop laughing. Where's Yunho? I need to give him a good beating." Junsu looks at him like he does not know what he's talking about and for some reason, he starts to panic. "Where is Yunho, Junsuyah?"

"I... I'll call the doctor."

Before he could demand for an answer, Junsu is already out of his hospital room. He could feel tears sting his eyes. What is going on? Why is Junsu not answering his question at all? Just as he wipes his tears, the door bursts open and the doctor walks in with Junsu in tow.

"You're finally awake, Jaejoong. How are you feeling?"

Scared. "Fine." He shoots Junsu a look who avoids his eyes. "What's happening, doct? I know I'm fine. Nothing hurts other than my forehead, really. I'm sure I don't have amnesia because I remember everything. I'm just not sure about Junsu though..."

The doctor flashes him a soft smile and he supposes Junsu has already told him what happened earlier. "Jaejoong, can you tell me why you're here? What do you think happened?"

"I was hit by a ball in the face." he says as a matter-of-factly.

He hears Junsu whimper but ignores it, ignores him because he is pissed at him. "I see." the doctor replies, his smile faltering. "The thing is, Jaejoong, that is not what happened."

"What do you mean?"

"You fell down the stairs." Junsu speaks instead. "You... you were rushing to the print house to get photobooks printed out but you tripped and fell down the stairs."

"No. That's not possible. I'm sure I got hit by a ball in the forehead and it was Yunho's fault. Call him! Call him Junsu and ask him. Why is he not here anyway?"

"Jae--"

"Damn it Junsu, call Yunho!" He takes deep breaths. He is starting to get furious at Junsu for not doing what he's told to do. Grabbing the glass on the bedside table, he throws it on the wall and screams at his best friend. "Are you ing deaf? If you don't want to do it, then I will! Give me my goddamn phone, Kim Junsu!"

What is wrong with them? He just wants Yunho. It's either they are playing some sick prank on him which he does not appreciate or lying just for the heck of it. It must be it.

"Jaejoong..." The doctor has a strong grip on his arm and he halts flailing. "Jaejoong, listen to me. Listen to me carefully, okay? I know this might be too much for you to take but you have to listen and understand that we are not lying to you at all. You've been asleep for three days. And in those three days, you might have been..."

Suddenly, everything clicks and his heart drops to his stomach. No, it can't be. It's just not possible. Everything felt so real. Everything is real. He knows it is. Yunho is real. Him and Yunho are real. What they have is real. He cannot be--

"...dreaming."





Jaejoong does not take it well. Junsu had expected it ever since he started talking about Yunho. He knows who Yunho is. How could he not? Jaejoong being a fansite master for Yunho's band had given him a chance to find out a lot of things about them. Things that he did not really need to know but, well, thank you for telling him. It was definitely not a surprise for him that Yunho was the subject of Jaejoong's dream.

Jaejoong is a pretty decent fan. Yes, he manages a fansite, knows the band's schedule, tours with them all over the world, waits for them at airports, but he is definitely not some stalker fan. He's sane, which is why he did not think he has got it bad.

He could only cry as Jaejoong thrashes wildly on his bed, throwing random things he could get his hands on. Even if pitcher of water was not safe from the his wrath. Nurses had to pin him down while the doctor gives him a shot of tranquilizer so he would calm down.

Jaejoong did not get better even as days passed. In fact, he is getting worse. He would often lock himself up in his room, lie down the bed and stare at the ceiling. He would think about Yunho and everything else that happened. He still refuses to think that it was all just a dream and just a sick joke someone's playing on him, but when he checks his phone and does not find Yunho's number and the thousands of messages from him, he is starting to think that the doctor was right.

"Jaejae..." Junsu's soft voice could be heard from outside his bedroom. Admittedly, he feels bad for being so harsh on his best friend fully knowing that none of what happened is his fault. He just needed someone to blame and Junsu was right there. Always there. "It's dinner time. You haven't eaten anything all day yet. Come out, please."

Wiping the tears on his face, he finally gets up and twists the knob open. He almost smiles when he gets an armful of Junsu. Almost. "I'm sorry." he whispers, his face buried on Junsu's neck. Fresh tears start to stream down his cheeks as he sobs. "I'm sorry Junsu, I..."

"Ssh. It's okay. You're allowed to feel what you feel. Don't worry about it." His grip on his best friend's waist tightens. "Do us both a favor and eat, hmm?"

Finally, he nods.





Jaejoong knows it's pathetic to throw himself a pity party. He needs a distraction and while fansite duties are a pretty good distraction, it would just remind him of Yunho. But then again, "You're Changmin biased." he reminds himself. He seems to have forgotten that one important fact. With a determined face, he checks The Punstars' schedule and smiles when he sees that Changmin's arrival from Japan is in roughly three hours. Although it still stings, he would just move on and treat it as a very wonderful dream. "Gotta go back to work."

A whine escapes his lips when he discovers that Moori, his camera, would not turn on.

"What's wrong?" Junsu asks as he was walking down the stairs. "Could hear you whining all the way from my room." He is just ecstatic that Jaejoong is slowly coming back to his old self.

"Moori is sick."

"Oh no..." Junsu takes the spot beside him and grabs his camera, examining it. "Hmm. Not sick, Jaejae. Probably just the battery. I told you to buy a spare one months ago. Why won't you ever listen to me?" Jaejoong frowns and stares at his best friend like he has grown two heads. Junsu notices. "What's the matter?"

Jaejoong blinks owlishy at him. "This... I feel like this happened already."

"Déjà vu?"

"Oh. You're right." He shakes his head and lightly slaps his cheeks. "Well, I better buy new batteries. Coming with me?"

"Nope, not today. Meeting with a client after lunch."

He scoffs. "When will you be not busy for me? I miss my best friend."

Junsu drapes an arm over his shoulder and pulls him close. "I should be the one saying that. I was with you the whole week, Jaejae. You just did not notice my presence because you were too busy sulking in your room. I miss my best friend. I want him back."

"I am back. Well, kinda."

"I'm glad, Jae. I'm glad." Junsu presses a soft kiss on Jaejoong's cheek. He definitely missed his best friend. A depressed Jaejoong is not something he would want to deal with ever again. "Now where are you off to?"

"The store near their building." By their, he means the duo's company building. "Was planning to go to the airport for Changmin but he's probably there already so I'll just wait for him at their building since he's probably going straight there."

"Stalker." Junsu teases.





There is no sign of Changmin.

It has been an hour and yet Changmin is still nowhere to be found. He wonders why. His question is answered when he checks his twitter account and finds out from a Changmin only fansite that his flight was delayed. "Tough luck." he mumbles, pocketing his phone. As he walks back to his car, he could not shake off the feeling that everything he is doing has happened already. "You think too much." he scolds himself.

Clutching the paper bag on his chest with one arm, he fishes out his car key with his free hand only to find a highly suspicious man going ballistic, kicking his car over and over again like he owns it. The scene is all too familiar for him but he waves it off, anger overpowering his curiousity. No one is allowed to kick his car like a ball. It cost him a fortune and he would never forgive the barbaric man if he damages it in any way.

He stomps his way towards the rather tall man and smacks him on the arm. "What do you think you--" The man turns around and his breath hitches. His body starts to shake and he drops the paper bag on the floor. "Yunho."
 
 
 

 


 




so i was like, what if i wrote the epilogue wherein it was all just a dream? then this happened

ehehehehe okay i'm sorry but this epilogue is fake. i wrote it bcs someone wanted me to so here it is :) the real epilogue will be posted soon. but if you want this one, then okay you don't have to read the other one i'll be posting soon :) i hope i did this fake epilogue some justice though