eight

torpedo

 



 

He has no idea how or why it happened but it just did, and honestly, he is not complaining. Whatever has gotten into Jaejoong does not matter because he had just been given permission to touch and hug him close to calm his nerves. They cuddle on the couch, with Jaejoong sitting in between his legs as his arms are wrapped around the smaller man's waist, Jaejoong's back resting against his broad chest.

"I can't believe this is happening," he mutters breathily, earning a chuckle from the other.

"I should be the one saying that."

"But you like Changmin, not me."

"Stop that," says Jaejoong, and he shuts up for a while.

Yunho does not understand himself. Why he keeps on bringing Changmin up when he feels a pang of jealousy every time he remembers the fact that it is him who Jaejoong likes.

Why does he like Changmin, anyway? What does he see in him? Changmin is handsome and talented, yes. But other than that, there is nothing special about the man. That might sound as if he is badmouthing his bandmate, but that is not the case. If anything, it is just his way of trying to make himself feel good. Changmin already has the hearts of most of their fans, why can he not have the heart of this one fan? Having Jaejoong's is more than enough. It is not like he is asking for much.

Is he?

"I'm not telling you this to give you false hopes, but because it's the truth. In all honesty, I still don't know what to feel about you liking me. It seems very surreal and it's going to take time to sink in. It's a known fact that I like Changmin, but that doesn't mean I'm crazy about him. Well, I am. As a fan, that is. I don't have wet dreams about him and I really do not wish for him to marry me. Although I must admit, there are times when I lust over him but that's just me being an overly hyper fan. On a serious note, just knowing that he appreciates all my hard work is enough." He listens intently, tightening his hold on Jaejoong by the second. "The thing is," Jaejoong continues, a small smile decorating his face. Yunho thinks he looks more beautiful when he smiles. Not knowing how Jaejoong would react when he is told that he is beautiful, he just keeps his thoughts to himself. It is safer that way. "I've been shipping you with Changmin for the longest time. Imagine how happy I was when you told me you dated."

Without meaning to, he smacks Jaejoong lightly on the thigh. The latter squeaks and he apologizes. "Can we stop talking about Changmin for a while? Aren't we cuddling to calm me down, not to tick me off?"

Jaejoong chuckles. "The mention of Changmin's name ticks you off?"

"Jaejoong!" Surprisingly, it comes out as a whine.

"Alright, stopping now." Jaejoong sighs and buries himself further in his embrace, much to his delight. "You just don't know how it's like to ship people. I never wanted to end up with any one of you."

"Even now?"

"I don't know, Yunho. It feels wrong to me."

"You've invested so much feelings and emotions in this shipping thing. I hate to break it to you, but Changmin and I will never be together again. I've told you this before and I'll tell you again, we don't feel anything for each other other than friendship and brotherhood. But Jaejoong ..." he trails off. "I feel something for you. And I hope you give me a chance."

Yunho is very well aware of the speech he spewed out earlier about wanting to remain friends. But then again, now that it seems like he has magically mustered the courage to be straightforward, why not try his luck? Who knows, it might be his lucky day. There really is no harm in trying unless Jaejoong rejects him which would probably sting like . He can only wish himself luck.

"I ... I really don't know, Yunho."

"You wouldn't know unless you try, Jae."

"But... why me?"

"Why not you?" Yunho pulls him closer, resting his chin on Jaejoong's shoulder as he laces their fingers. He is thankful that Jaejoong does not flinch or pull away. "Jaejoong, I don't think you understand. And frankly, I'm not sure if I can make you understand. But if you let me, I'll help you. You're precious. Let me show you."

Jaejoong stiffens slightly in his spot and rather than pulling away, Yunho tightens his arms around him. He is just not going to let go. He is not stupid enough to do so. "If ... if I say yes, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're together, right?" Yunho's heart leaps at his words. "I mean, it's too fast and I ... your fans would ... it's just that they ..."

"What about the fans? Are you afraid they ..." he pauses, suddenly remembering the incident at the cafe. If some of his female - and sometimes male - friends get in trouble for giving him an innocent hug, he wonders if Jaejoong got more for unintentionally giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Jaejoong, did anyone hurt you? Did any of my fans do something to you?"

The man in question shakes his head rapidly. "Wha- no! What? What are you talking about? No! No, of course not." He can tell Jaejoong is lying, but he does not say anything about it and just nods. Jaejoong can be pretty defensive at times. The way he reacted tells Yunho that there might have been something that happened. If Jaejoong does not want him to know, then that is alright as long as it does not happen again because if it does, he swears to God he will do everything in his power to give those people who will hurt him a lesson.

"A chance to court you, Jae, that's all I ask."

Jaejoong goes silent, and then opens his mouth to speak. "I suppose I could say yes. You're a good cuddle buddy, anyway."

Yunho proceeds to squeeze the life out of Jaejoong and turns him around so they are facing each other. "I don't care if I'm not allowed to do this just yet, but I'm really happy so just let me and then I'll be bouncing off the walls." Without warning whatsoever, he cups Jaejoong's cheeks and showers his face with kisses. He does not stop until a laughing Jaejoong pulls him in a tight hug and tells him he is an idiot.

Silently, he agrees. He is an idiot. An idiot for Jaejoong.


 
They go out on a date after the concert. It took two days until Jaejoong deemed him well-rested and ready for their date. They keep in contact through phone calls and texts. Sometimes, he lets Yoochun update the object of his affection when he is sleeping his off. As he runs a hand through his jet black hair, he remembers what Jaejoong keeps on reminding him. Nothing fancy. He could only hope that Jaejoong will not  flip out when he finds out he is going to take him to a slightly fancy restaurant Yoochun kindly booked for them. Well, he could always put the blame on his manager.

"Ready?"

He glances at Changmin who is leaning against the door frame and nods. "A little nervous but yes, I am ready." The younger male walks up behind him and slips a hand in his back pocket, squeezing his cheek making him jump in surprise. "The heck was that for?!"

Changmin grins. "Good luck. Now, go impress your man."

The whole ride to Jaejoong's house is not exactly silent. The radio is on at full blast as Yunho sings his heart out to relieve his anxiety. This will be his first date with Jaejoong, and he has no idea how it will go. He does not go on dates much due to his busy schedule and when he does, it just does not end good.

Ten minutes before six in the evening, he arrives at Jaejoong's house. He honks once and his date comes running out of the building. As soon as he gets in the car, he greets him with a kiss on the cheek. "What's that?" he asks, pointing at the box in his hands.

Jaejoong grins. "Cookies. Junsu was whiny all day so I baked for him. I made you some, too. Wanna taste?" His response is apparently not needed because his date is already opening the box as he babbles about his cookies. "You're not allergic to anything, are you? You never talked about such things on TV and interviews so I wasn't sure. Seven years of being a fan and I still don't know much about you." He chuckles and Yunho just watches, highly amused. He is actually considering cancelling their reservation in the restaurant because sitting inside his car while Jaejoong feeds him the cookies he baked is more of his ideal date than the one at the fancy restaurant. "Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate and Butterscotch Pecan! Which one do you want to try first?"

"Butterscotch," he replies with a wide smile on his face.

He is supposed to woo and impress Jaejoong, not the other way around. Although unaware, Jaejoong is already acting like a lovely boyfriend, and it makes him feel more and more for the man. He is not even going to be surprised if his feelings intensify and sooner or later; he is already in love with Jaejoong.

Turns out, there is no reason for him to be nervous. Jaejoong did not flip out upon seeing sight of the high class restaurant. Instead, he told him that he appreciates it even if it was not necessary. Dinner at a fast food joint would have been alright.

As he takes his wallet out to pay, a packet of falls off his pocket. He almost curses and glances at Jaejoong, relieved that he did not seem to notice anything. The waiter who passes by, though, picks it up and holds it out to him with a huge grin on his face. "You dropped this," he says.

Surprise is evident in Jaejoong's face and he wants to explain that no, it is not his. He makes a mental note to strangle Changmin when he gets home. This explains why the bastard was grinning at him like an idiot before he left the house. "It's not mine, I swear!" he explains himself as soon as he tells the waiter to keep it and go away. "I ... it was Changmin! He ..."

"It's okay," Jaejoong replies with a chuckle. "I don't mind, as long as you don't use it on anyone while you're wooing me. Not even on me because Kim Jaejoong is not easy. I'm harder than your morning wood."

Whether or not it is a threat, it would be a good idea to just take it as one.


 
Jaejoong suggests hanging out at the Sunctuary. Yunho almost has tears in his eyes when Jaejoong tells him that the place is his as much as it is theirs, and he should feel free to go there anytime he is feeling down or even when he just wants to escape from anything. "Even Changmin," Jaejoong says with a laugh.

A grin spreads his face when Jaejoong uses his arm as a pillow. "You're very comfortable around me, eh? I'm glad."

Jaejoong nods, scooting closer to him. "I don't know why, but I've always been calm and relaxed around you."

"Your lips are soft."

"Excuse me?"

He smiles, playing with the smaller man's hair. "That's what I thought when you kissed me on the cheek. I know you didn't mean it, seeing as how you were a little out of it that time."

"It was the hospital. A nurse called to tell me Junsu was taken there."

"It was our first kiss."

Jaejoong chuckles. "I'm talking about my hospitalized friend and there you are talking about our kiss. That barely counts as a kiss, you know."

"Hmm, you're right. A kiss on the cheek is only half a kiss. You kissed me and I kissed you so that's one kiss." He grins. "A kiss on the lips would be nice."

He groans when Jaejoong smacks him lightly on the stomach. "You're getting nowhere near my lips, superstar. You have to work hard to get my sweet yes."

"If I were Changmin, I bet you would've said yes the moment I asked you out."

"Why do we always end up talking about him?"

"You can't blame me. I'm feeling so insecure. If you didn't tell me about your humongous crush on Changmin, then maybe I wouldn't be feeling this way."

Jaejoong sits up and looks at him in incredulity. "So, now it's my fault? How was I supposed to know that you're going to have an equally humongous crush on me?!"

He, too, sits up and takes Jaejoong's hands in his. It looks like he pissed him off and the last thing he wants to happen is his date storming off. "Look, I wasn't blaming you for anything. I don't want to piss you off either."

"Then stop talking about Changmin! Our date was going well, Yunho, and you just had to mention Changmin and sulk. If you want me to say yes, then show me that you're confident with your feelings because how am I supposed to feel secure with our relationship when you're this insecure with someone?" Jaejoong's frown is getting deeper each second and it scares him. "It's not like I flirt with Changmin. I don't and I won't. You like me and I respect that. I've given you a chance to woo me because honestly, I'm starting to like you. Don't make me regret my decision, please."

"Jaejoong ..."

"You're a good person, you're genuine. But as a celebrity, you can't date as freely as ordinary people. Yoochun told me. He told me that you're feeling very lonely the past few months. You deserve love and happiness like everyone else and I, I want to be the one to give you that."

Feeling too overwhelmed with Jaejoong's words, he just pulls him in a tight hug, enveloping the sniffling man in his arms. "Please don't tell me you're crying."

"Okay, I won't," Jaejoong replies, his voice muffled by Yunho's shirt.

He grins, hugging him tighter. "Oh baby, you're so precious."


 
Yunho could say that his relationship with Jaejoong had changed after the date. For the better. He still gets insecure, but everytime it happens, he tries to remember Jaejoong's words and then he feels better about himself.

In a way, Jaejoong confessed his feelings, and it feels good to know that he was given a chance not out of pity. Everything is crystal clear, and he is no longer too afraid that Changmin would get in the way of his happiness. Not that he ever was. It is just that he cannot help but have nasty thoughts sometimes. Changmin suddenly waking up one morning, realizing that he likes Jaejoong too and of course, with the latter having a crush on him, he would elope with him and run away to Alaska is not entirely impossible.

Yes, ridiculous thoughts like that.

Not only his thoughts are nasty, his actions are as well because he is back to invading Jaejoong's privacy.




hiro-kun,

i dunno what to feel. i bumped into a highschool crush. seunghyun. yes,him

he... he has a wife. a pregnant wife. or i guess it's his girlfriend? i didn't ask. i didn't even talk to him. how could i? i'd feel awkward and :( i ran away and hid behind a pole like a retard as soon as i saw him. he still looks so good...

it's not like i was crazy about him. it's just that... he did things that made me fall for him. he's not aware of my feelings towards him and i made sure that it would remain that way. i didn't want to jeopardize our friendship. or whatever it is that we had

he used to take me out for coffee and cake after school. and then we'd hang out in the playground for a little while to talk. he's a year older than me, you know. that's why we can only spend time during free periods, break time and after classes. we met at the library when i couldn't reach the book on the top shelf, heh :> it's a movie material

the small things he does for me >3< ooh hiro-chan! he makes me feel so special. he fixes my hair for me when it gets messed up by the wind... or someone. he helps me cross the street. he helps me with my tie when it's crooked. small, silly things like that

hahahahahahahaha i'm sorry this is pathetic. what am i doing reminiscing memories with a married man. bad bad joongie

i hope he's happy now. he must be. or i'm going to steal him away from his wife >:|

nah, i'm kidding!

......................am i?




Snapping the notebook shut, Yunho snorts. "Special? Small things? Let's see how you'll like my small special things now, my lovely Joongie."




 
"What's all that?" Yunho asks when Jaejoong meets him at the Sunctuary. He had just finished another meeting for his upcoming drama and because he has not seen Jaejoong for three days, he misses him. He called him up to meet if he is free for the rest of the day.

"Samples," replies Jaejoong, dropping a rather huge eco bag on the floor and sits down beside him to snuggle.

"Samples?"

Jaejoong hums, resting his head on his shoulder as he wraps an arm around his waist. "Samples. For the next photobook I'll be releasing. I got sample photos printed on different kinds of paper to see what's best."

"May I see?"

"Nope. It's a surprise. I'll give you a copy when I'm done." Jaejoong glances at him and grins. He taps him on the nose and pulls him closer when the wind gets a little strong and cold.

"As long as it's not a marriage photo album again." They both chuckle. He smiles when he notices Jaejoong's slightly tousled hair and fixes it, running a hand through his soft dark locks. He stops when he notices Jaejoong's eyes on him and he smiles. "What?"

The smaller man shakes his head and to his surprise, crawls to his lap and sits there comfortably. "I like you, Yunhoyah. I really like you."

Unable to resist the urge, he presses a kiss atop Jaejoong's head and holds him close. It has only been two weeks since he started courting the man. He never lost hope. He already prepared himself for anything. It might take years but that does not matter. Jaejoong is worth it. "Should I take that as a yes?" he questions nervously.

Jaejoong nods and he tackles him on the ground, peppering his face with kisses.