i trust and love you

torpedo

 

i trust and love you (italy)
changmin/siwon, a little bit of yunho/jajeoong
romance / pg13 / oneshot
They said Paris is the City of Love, but Changmin would beg to disagree. He did not find love in Paris, he found it in Italy. To be more accurate, it found its way to him, and somehow, he didn’t find it strange that he was willing to get rammed by a bicycle if it meant seeing the stranger again and then maybe he could get his name.


idk how many of you are interested in changmin’s love life but here you go. i’m shipping this pairing so hard you have no idea. i’m aware that this may be all over the place but in my defense, i was too excited for some choimintoe :3 btw the tight -inducing orange cycling shorts that i adore sfm






They said Paris is the City of Love, but Changmin would beg to disagree. He did not find love in Paris, he found it in Italy. To be more accurate, it found its way to him.

He was a Korean man who had an affinity for wearing tight -inducing cycling shorts. It looked awkward and a little disturbing to look at but who was he to judge? He who often wore his shirts inside out without meaning to.

Changmin found out he was not a professional cyclist although he felt like one whenever he was out on a ride which was why he kept on wearing it. He was a little shorter than Changmin and always wore that big, goofy smile on his face. He had a thick pair of eyebrows and a very expressive face. He was not exactly Changmin’s type and yet, oddly, Changmin felt attracted to him.

“How did you meet him?” asked Jaejoong on the other line. He was supposed to be talking to Yunho but the latter told him he had more important things to do than gossip then passed his phone to Jaejoong who, unlike his jerk of a bandmate bandmate, was willing to talk to him about his new object of affection.

It was safe to say that he had never been so giddy about a crush and neither did he think he would ever be. “I was out on my morning walk when I spotted something orange from the distance. It looked like a blob to me so it got me curious. Well, curiosity knocked me down. He basically ran me over with his bike.”

“What? Changmin, are you okay? You’re not hurt anywhere, are you?”

He chuckled as Jaejoong rambled. “I’m fine, Jaejoong.” he assured. “Just a few scratches here and there. Nothing that would leave a scar.”

“I don’t think you’d mind having a scar from the incident, though.” Jaejoong told him, amusement obvious in his tone. “If there are battle scars, those would have been your love scars.”

Changmin didn’t find it in his heart to disagree because the next morning, he found himself walking along the now familiar streets of Milan, in hopes of bumping into the same man. Somehow, he didn’t find it strange that he was willing to get rammed by a bicycle if it meant seeing the stranger again and then maybe he could get his name.

However, no matter how willing he might be, he didn’t get rammed by the bicycle because the stranger was sensible enough to stop right in front of him. “Hi!” the stranger greeted, smiling so wide that his dimples – which were deep, he noted – were showing. “You again.”

“Yeah,” he chuckled nervously, fingers playing with the hem of his white shirt. The courage previously had was now gone. He was startling himself with how he was acting. This was the first time this ever happened and quite frankly, it was scaring him. The problem with Changmin was that he’s easily infatuated, be it with a stranger or someone he knew. When he liked someone, he would not keep quiet and do nothing about it. He always, always made the first move and was never this shy. He could not fathom how he was acting like a , then figured that maybe this was karma for all the times he made fun of Yoochun’s non-existent love life before.

“So, were you waiting for me or what?”

“Huh? No I–“

“I thought you were.” the stranger replied with a chuckle. “You were just standing right there unmoving, looking at me so I thought you wanted to talk to me.”

He blinked, and then fought the urge to bang his head on the ground from embarrassment. “I didn’t notice.”

“Right, well, I’m Siwon, Choi Siwon. You are?”

“Shim Changmin,”

Changmin waited for the realization, for that moment when Siwon would finally recognize him although he would not be surprised if he didn’t because the first time they met, the man did not even bat an eyelid after seeing his face. He preferred this, Siwon not knowing who he was and what his job was because at least he knew that Siwon was going to treat him as a normal person, not as a celebrity. Nine years and he was so sick of all the special treatments.

Siwon, as it turned out, was in the country to visit his sister who migrated to Italy with her Italian husband a few years back and Changmin thought it was adorably cute that he made sure to visit her once every two years. But then, he might just be biased.

Normally, he wouldn’t have liked looking like a fool in front of people since he had an image to uphold. But this time, when Siwon asked if he wanted to get breakfast together, he was on the verge of losing his cool and throwing away the image he worked so hard to build and take care of because he could not help looking like a lovesick fool.

“This is a date, right?” Asking that question was awkward enough and with Siwon staring at him wide eyed, his eyebrows almost meeting his hairline, he might as well get swallowed whole by the ground. “I mean, I just–“

“Yes,” replied Siwon, a smile on his face. “This is most certainly a date.”

Changmin breathed a sigh of relief.





(“Oh my god, guess what.”

“What?”

“I said guess!”

“Changmin, are you whining? Because it sounds just like it. Like that time when–“

“You’re getting off topic, Yunho.”

“Ugh, fine. Did you get arrested?”

“Can you at least pretend you’re interested in what I’m telling you? This is an expensive overseas call.”

“I didn’t ask you to call me, didn’t I?”

“I hate you. Where is Jaejoong?”

“Some sort of fan club gathering or something. Are we going to talk about something important because I’m really sleepy now.”

“It’s one in the afternoon there.”

“You’re getting off topic, Changmin.”

“Fine. I went out on a date with Siwon earlier and he asked me out on another one!”

“That’s great, if I know who that Siwon dude is. But good for you.”

“You’re the worst. Show some enthusiasm!”

“Yay, you’re finally going to get laid.”

Dial tone.

“.”)





The pair was out on their second date when Siwon dropped a bomb on him.

“I have a daughter.”

“What?”

Siwon grabbed a hold of his hand and squeezed it lightly. “I figured that if I’m going to ask you on a third date, which I am, I have to be honest and I’m hoping this won’t change anything.”

Of course it would, Changmin wanted to say but kept mum. It didn’t mean that he was going to push Siwon away, but he needed time to comprehend the situation and he was pretty sure he’s allowed to be confused after being told by the newly declared man of his dreams that he had a kid. They weren’t even exclusively dating and there was already a kid involved.

What bothered him was the fact that he was never good with kids. He liked them, sure, but they didn’t like him. Whenever he would attempt to play with a random kid at the airport, he would end up getting glared at by the parents thinking that he made their child cry. He was scared the same thing would happened to Siwon. Just the thought of him kicking him out of his life because of some misunderstanding made him sick to his stomach. Siwon having a daughter was okay, he thought. Well, it had to be okay because if he wanted to date the man, he had to accept everything about him and that included his past.

“I’m afraid she won’t like me.” he muttered, his heart thumping rapidly.

He felt Siwon hold on to his hand a little more tightly and he knew he made the man happy. “Don’t be silly, Changmin. It would be fine.”

“Well, that doesn’t really make me less nervous about her.”

“Once we’re back in Korea, I’d let you meet her. Her name is Jinri and she’s six. I could already tell she’ll adore you.”

“You’re just being biased.”

“Well, maybe.”

Changmin grinned. Siwon opted to tell him about his previous marriage. He divorced his wife nearly four years ago. It was a case of not getting along well. They had to end it before it damaged their relationship – not just with each other, but with their daughter as well – further. He had not been in a relationship since then.

“Are you still in contact with your ex-wife?” he asked, genuinely curious.

“Sometimes, when she wants to take Jinri out on a weekend.”

“I see. Well,” he trailed off, hesitating whether or not to continue, but he did anyway. “You said you haven’t been in another relationship after your marriage. How come you’re going out with a guy, then? I just find it odd, like, doesn’t it bother you?”

Siwon laughed and reached out to pinch his cheek. “Would I be with you if it bothered me? If you really want to know, I’ve gone out on dates with men and women, but none of those worked out before it got serious so I don’t consider them as anything. Really, Changmin, you’re so adorable.”

“I’m not,” he grumbled, and then looked at Siwon right in the eyes. Image and reputation be damned, he wanted the man and he was going to make sure his intentions were clear enough. “This, isthis something, right?”

“I’ll have you know that you’re the first one I want to bring home for my daughter to meet.”

That, he knew, was as good as a yes.





(“Who’s this?”

“Uhm, you were the one who called, but this is Jaejoong.”

“Great. I was going to hang up if it was Yunho.”

“You could have called on my phone instead, though.”

“Now where’s the fun in that? Anyway, I called to tell you that I’m going back home in maybe a week or so with someone special and I want you all to meet him–”

“What. Wait wha– ”

“–that is all, bye.”)





Changmin wouldn’t stop pacing back and forth his hotel room. Siwon, who was sitting comfortably on his bed, looked up at him in confusion. There was something so hard about telling the man he was slowly falling in love with that he was not who he thought he was. That he was not just some random Changmin, but he was the Changmin a lot of people are dying for. The last part, though, was just to check if Siwon was going to be jealous of having to share him with the public. They weren’t boyfriends yet but if anyone were to ask, they were taken and certainly not ready to mingle.

After almost a week of being together, going out on dates and all that, both agreed to go back to Korea at the same day and if he was going to go back with Siwon, he wanted to at least warn and prepare him – mentally because Siwon was rather strong and has a well-toned body so the physical aspect was no problem – from potential mauling by rabid fans.

“You know,” Siwon spoke as if he understood his inner turmoil. That or his pacing annoyed him. “You can take a seat. You’re making me dizzy.”

He complied albeit reluctantly. He stared at Siwon who stared right back at him, his brows furrowed so much that it almost looked like he had a monobrow. “I – I think it’s about time you have to know something about me.”

“Oh, well, do you have a child too?”

“What? No. It’s not that.” he replied with a sigh. “I honestly can’t believe I’m going to tell you about this because I thought it was obvious. Anyway, here goes.” He heaved out a sigh once more. “I’m a celebrity. A singer back in Korea.”

“Oh,” Siwon said. “I know.”

“Great, I thought I– what?”

“You’re a singer and you’re in a band with that other tall guy. Seriously, it’s quite impossible to not know who you are.”

“Then why– I thought you had no idea so I didn’t say anything about it.”

“Because I know you’re on a vacation for a reason. You wanted privacy and maybe a little bit of normalcy so I gave you that. And besides, I didn’t want you to think that I befriended you only because you’re famous back home. And really, I thought you knew I knew.”

“Well I didn’t.” he replied rather dumbly. “But I would have appreciated it more if you have boyfriended me instead of befriending me.”

Siwon chuckled. “Is that even a word?”

“No, but for you it will be.”

“Okay, boyfriend, then maybe when I bring you home you could sign that huge poster of you in my daughter’s bedroom.”

He grinned.





(“I am so happy!”

“You’re gushing.”

“Yunho, please, just respond with that’s good if you have nothing better to say. Geeze, where is Jaejoong when I need him.”

“He’s out, buying something for you and your loverboy.”

“Speaking of which, he says he can’t wait to meet you guys.”

“That’s good.”

“Seriously, Yunho, you’re such an to me.”

“That’s good.”

“Ugh, you’re hopeless. Anyway, we’re just waiting for the car Yoochun sent.”

“That’s good.”

“ you.”

“That’s good, but not really, no thanks.”

“I’m hanging up now.”

“That’s good.”

“Oh, wait, I think I’m seeing Jaejoong.”

“That’s good.”

“Why is he here– who is that man he’s hugging so tight? Oh my god they’re kissing!”

“That’s goo– what the Changmin what are you–“

Dial tone.)




 

cm2