► 04'

♦ .Unspoken Feelings. ♦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One Week Later 


Jongin and you were on good terms now but didn't see each other much during the past week. He was too busy preparing Soojung's birthday. Apparently, he had organised a sweet diner for the both of them at a park or something like that. You were not really aware of it; not that you didn't want to know, it's just that it would hurt to know. It would hurt to know all the efforts he'd put in making his girlfriend's birthday beautifully and probably forgetting his best friend's one; your birthday was the day after Soojung's but you were practically sure that for the first time since you knew each other, you wouldn't be spending the day with him. 


It might be for the better, you thought. It would, in some ways, get you away from Jongin and possibly help you forget about him. But it was just a thought, because you knew that it was impossible for you to ever forget consciously about him, his charming smile, his dark chocolate eyes, his sharp nose and defined jaw line. Your dreams were haunted by his blessed face; how could someone be that handsome? It should really be considered as a crime. 



[...]

 


In some ways, you were able to take your mind off of Jongin at home. Once you had poured out your feelings in your diary, everything seemed to be okay. But Sehun became more and more naggy. Ever since the day you got a detention with Jongin, he would always check if you had written in your diary every single day. It stressed you out; it feels good to have someone to care for you but he was making a fuss just because you had forgotten to make an entry that week. 


It's not your fault though, and he knows it but it seems that he is blaming himself. But it never was...

 



"Your sister has a memory disorder; it is the first time that I've ever seen one like this Mr Oh. Maybe it would be best to discuss it with your parents present too. Are they not in the country?”

"Our parents died when we were 8. We've only got each other." Sehun said with a trembling voice, tears were clearly threatening to fall but he did his best to hold them in. After all, he was just seventeen and so were you. 

“Well let's go in my office to discuss about it." 

"Wait Doctor! Hana, I know that you are behind the door." With trembling hands, you slowly turned the knob and got out of your hospital room to join the two in the corridor. Sehun gave you a reassuring look and took your hand firmly in his, saying; "We'll get through this together, no matter what. I won't let you down little sis'." 

 

 


Tears brimmed your eyes at this mere flashback. It had been hard; only one year passed since and you still at some point hadn't really accepted your disease, neither did Sehun seem to have. But he was handling it a lot better than you.  

 

 


"So Miss Oh, you see your brain in itself works well but its level of performance is decreasing. This is why you have been forgetting little things in your everyday life, like changing before going to school." Sehun gave your hand a squeeze to reassure you that it was okay and the Doctor went on. "As I had told you earlier Mr Oh, it is the first time that I have found this type of memory disorder. But overseas, in Japan to be more precise, one of my colleagues has a case just like your sister."

"Which means that there is a cure or a treatment for it right?" 

 

 


"Hana diner's ready come and eat!" 

"Comin'." You wiped off your tears bitterly and washed your face quickly before making your way downstairs to have dinner with your brother. But to your surprise, Jongin was there too, seated at the dining table while having a chat with Sehun. "Jongin? What are you doing here?" 

"Didn't I tell you that I'd come over for dinner tonight?" He eyed you strangely, for he was pretty sure that before you could go back home that afternoon, he had told you about it. "Don't tell me that you forgot! You zoned out when I was talking to you right? You've been spacing out a lot lately..." 

 


Symptom 1: Inattention. 

 


"Oh sorry, it just slipped out of my mind, I remember now." Sehun looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter