► 11'

♦ .Unspoken Feelings. ♦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Link to my new Fanfic at the end. (:

 

The hug lasted more than a few minutes until your mind told you to let go and you did, quite reluctantly, and Jongin too, seemed unwilling to let go but he did eventually with a small smile nevertheless. 

He cupped your cheeks in his palms and brought your face closer to his to place a soft peck on your forehead. Your heart was beating at an inhuman rate and Jongin must have felt it nearly bursting to your chest. Surprisingly, he didn't seem uncomfortable with it and when you concentrated on your heart beat, you could also feel his, beating to the same outrageous rate. He gave you a knowing smile, yet this smile still seemed to be lost on the way, to which you too smiled back, forcing a lively expression, because you knew that the next day, you might not remember how this moment felt.

The way in which your heartbeats matched his intrigued him. Were you feeling confused just like he did? He pondered a lot around this question all day but on the contrary to him, you knew why you felt this queasiness and nervousness.



[...]

 

That night, after having watched you get in safely, Jongin didn't go back home right after; somehow that day got him into an even more confused state than he already was yet his heart understood the situation right away while his mind was still putting up a barrier from the truth that was threatening to get to him soon. 

Despite all these contradictory thoughts, Jongin knew that he had something important, for him and for you, to do. He sprinted towards the previous accessory stall, fearing it to be closed now and was nearly late for the owner had started packing the goods. 

However on seeing him she couldn't help but smile to which he responded with a tired one, trying to catch his breath after having run all this way. 

No matter what he was determined to get you this necklace, the glint of happiness and of somewhat hope that he caught in your eyes earlier was enough for him to know that despite what you may say, this necklace had definitely taken to your liking.



"I remember you.... you came to buy this for your girlfriend." Exclaimed the lady, with a huge grin, as she removed the necklace that had caught your attention earlier from its stand. 

 

'Girlfriend,' this word sounded so right to Jongin's ears when referred to you which was weird for he never felt this when it came to Soojung and strangely he didn't have the heart to deny the fact that you were his girlfriend to her for she seemed so sure about it that he didn't want to embarrass her. But also, deep down, he himself simply didn't want to. 

It was not the first time that people misunderstood the two of you for being a couple however before, he didn't really pay attention to it. But now he realised that all those persons must have thought the same; that the two of you look good together. And when Jongin thought about it, nobody knew him better than you but he also realised that night that, something had changed between the two of you. Since when? He didn’t know... guilt crushed him when he understood; his attention was focused on Soojung all the time, though subconsciously not really, but it happened.

"Young man, your girlfriend is so pretty. She is so lucky to have a nice boyfriend like you." Jongin chuckled awkwardly on the last comment, for in all honesty, he found himself to be the lucky one to have you by his side, couple or not. 

"Could you wrap it for me, make it pretty please." 

"Of course young man. Aigoo, do you want to know the meaning behind the necklace's pendant?" asked the lady while taking out the convenient small box for the necklace.

"Huh... sure." 

"The jeweller who made this pendant, designed it for his late wife. The lock represents his heart, for he always said, "She locked herself in my heart without me even knowing it."." 

"What did he mean by that...?" He asked as he took the pendant in his hand, examining it closely... "Without him knowing..."

"She was the sole owner of his heart for a long time however he realised it too late."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter