► 10'

♦ .Unspoken Feelings. ♦
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Slowly he bent over, reaching out his hand to grab the diary on the same process but then,.. nothing. His fingers gradually twirled back and formed a tight fist; he couldn't do it. His instincts told him that the answers to all the questions that were troubling him at the moment were in there but he still couldn't do it; he couldn't bring himself to break through your secrets in such a way. He'd find another way to his answers;... he didn't want to disappoint you anymore.

As on cue, you came out of the bathroom wearing one of Sehun's loose T-shirt, not seeing Jongin with the towel you had on your hair covering your upper view too. You were quickly drying off your hair while humming to an incomprehensible song and it's only when Jongin couldn't hold in his chuckle that you jumped in slight shock in front of him. This only caused him to laugh even more and you too, would have laughed, if not for the pout that had formed itself on your face. 

Jongin was still chuckling and slowly approached you and on each and every step he took, your mind was turned into a greater chaos; tons of questions were dancing in your head. "Why was he here?" or even "Did he remember your birthday?" Those were the two questions that you were the most curious about. You opened your mouth to ask him the first one but he quickly cut you while slowly and softly grabbing the towel on your head and helping you dry your hair. He had never done that; never since Soojung came. It almost felt as if it was the first time he was doing it back again and you didn't dislike it at all; in fact the butterflies to your tummy were the proof that no matter what could happen this cocky brat would always have a soft spot in your heart. Well, he is at the same the sole owner of your heart without even being aware of it. 

Having him dry your hair like he used to felt as if, nothing had happened during the past 6 months and that it was only the two of you again. And to conclude this sweet moment he said; 

 

"Don't do it this fast, it will hurt your hair!"

 

And this finally made you laugh; he would always tell you this before because to him your hair were too precious to be dried quickly and risk getting broken, or so he said. But honestly, he used to always be such a cheesy cheese ball when it was only the two of you. But now it was a rare habit of his which came back only when you would expect it the less.

On hearing you laugh, he couldn't help but break into a huge grin. You gradually lifted your head to look at him. But, Wrong Move. You hadn't realised that the two of you were that close until you felt his minty breath blow to your nose softly. The two of you locked gazes in what seemed to be infinity; the look you had was full of love yet a tint of far disappointment and pain while his was sorry and ashamed yet calm and gentle, and like this your gazes completed each other like two pieces of matching puzzle until Sehun came, which was barely few seconds later, while shouting; "Let's go have some ice cream Kids!" 

You and Jongin both took a step back, startled by Sehun's sudden outburst while he just eyed the two of you with a suspicious look and then a knowing creepy smile crept itself onto his face. He went back down as fast as he had gotten up muttering an amused, “Sorry” on the way down. And the two of you, too ashamed to look at each other again, stood there dumbly for awhile until you pushed him out to get changed while he stood outside your now closed bedroom, still dumbfounded. 



[...] 



The three of you were at the ice-cream parlour and Jongin still hadn't quite found the way or right moment to talk to you; like really talk to you. And you were not really of a good help to him for you kept on placing Sehun in between you two the whole time. 

Sehun glanced at Jongin with a knowing look and then back at you. He was sure now that Jongin was starting to get some senses back into him and as your big brother he felt the responsibility to help him a bit. It wouldn't hurt, right? 

"Hana, I forgot to ask for an Extra Chocolate Bubble Tea. Could you go and order one for me?" ‘Sending Hana away was the best way to get the truth out of Jongin,’ he thought. 

"Can't you go your-" Going to order could get you away from Jongin you realised; "I'll go." You quickly got up to go to the counter, leaving the two boys behind just like how Sehun wanted it to be. 


Once he was sure that you wouldn't be able to hear him, he turned t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter