The Date

Rebounds,Freestyles And Speed.

To say I wasn't shaken up by the kiss with luhan would have been a major understatement. I felt guilty. On one hand I have kris who might be warming up to boy sooyoung but likes girl sooyoung and is liked by her in return. And there's luhan who thinks I'm really thinks I'm a boy and likes boy sooyoung.

This is a complicated mess.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear it even if it was for a fleeting moment. I stood in front of the floor length mirror in my closet admiring the crop top and high waisted A-line skirt I bought. It had a matching floral pattern and I paired them up with a pair of sneakers just to play it safe. I didn't want to wear a wig, so I added hair extensions at the salon and finished my look with light makeup.

The door bell rang and I hurriedly ran to get it. I took a few calming breaths and made sure I was the image of cool before opening the door. I was greeted by a bunch of peonies and a smiling kris behind the bouquet.

"You look beautiful". Kris said, looking slightly dazed.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself". A shy blush rising to my cheeks.

"You can come in while I put these in a vase". I motioned to the peonies.

I moved to the kitchen in search of a vase to put the peonies in. I finally spied one at the top shelve. I let out a groan, there was no way I was going to reach it. "Why am I cursed with the bad luck of being the only short member in a family of giants".

"I see it as a blessing".I heard kris say from behind me.

A tiny yelp of surprise escaped my lips. He gave a soft laugh and I felt a pair of hands rest on my slightly exposed waist and lift me off the ground. "That should do the trick".

Although I was surprised by the action I smiled in gratitude "thank you".

I was high enough to reach the vase and brought it down with me as my feet made contact with the ground. If only you could be as nice as this with boy sooyoung but I knew it would be impossible given the current situation.

"Is taemin at home?". He asked, hands buried in his pocket.

I shook my head,"he went out with some of his friends".

He led me out of the house, into his car and we drove off.

"Where are we going? ".

You would think I would have asked that question before entering his car but sadly my brain was too busy living in its fantasy world with myself and kris as the lead characters.

"It's a surprise". I could hear the excitement in hos voice.

I got the urge to annoy him just because I could."you know, I'm trying to be mature and not let my true self surface".

"What is wrong with the real you?". He asked genuinely confused.

"You are about to find out". I docked my phone and connected it to his car.

"What are you doing? ". Eyeing me apprehensively.

"Just listening to good music". I gave him a sugar sweet smile.

I like to sort my music into personalised albums with an assortment of genres. I selected my rap album, blasting it loudly through his speakers and waited for his reaction but he only laughed and rapped along. I smiled and changed it to my classical album and he just relaxed and listened to it with a smugishly contented smile. I switched it to my pop album but he still remained infuriatingly calm.

"Alright, you asked for it". I smiled evily, wiggled my brows for more effect and selected my all time favorite album "ME".

5,4,3,2,1, time up."what the hell is this!".I laughed, this was such a golden moment.

"It's music". A wide grin stretching my lips

. "This is not music, this sounds like a cat being strangled!".

"Ouch, you just cut me straight through the heart". Faking a wounded look.

"This is you singing? ". I nodded. He let out a string of muffled curses and took a deep calming breath,"I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, please forgive me". He pleaded.

I couldn't hold my laughter in any longer, "oh my gawd!, you just-you look-my gawd". I couldn't form a meaningful sentence with the way I was laughing.

Realisation dawned on him and his look of confusion morphed into a murderous glare,"sooyoung! Just thank your stars I'm driving right now, I can't believe you played me like that".

"I'm sorry but I just couldn't help it". I said finally able to regain a semblance of control.

"I'll get you for this, mark my words".

"Ooh, I'm scared of the big bad kris, somebody save me". I taunted

"Oh, now you're just asking for it". He said between gritted teeth and his eyes shooting daggers at me.

I laughed and refused to change the song, while kris, after a series of pleading and threatening, gave up and resigned himself to his bad luck.

Apparently, his surprise turned out to be the arcade. I'm totally screwed. " do you regret your childishness now?"

That was the last he said before killing the engine and stomping off. I quickly undocked my phone and got out before he locked me in. I had to run if I had any chance of catching up with his long strides.

"I'm sorry". I pleaded as I slowed down to a half-run, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were bringing me here".

This was my all time favorite place to be and I felt bad for being a pain in the . He didn't say a word, he just paid for some tokens, handed mine to me and stormed off.

"Trouble in paradise?". The girl behind the counter asked. I gave her a small smile and an exerggerated eye roll,"you have no idea".

I found him playing one of those shooting games that allowed two people play simultaneously and joined him.

"Why are you angry?". I got no response, nada, zilch. I shot a zombie that was getting too close for comfort.

"You are not answering, fine!". I let out a huff and gave the game my full attention while simultaneously cursing him beneath my breath.

When the game was over, I felt strong arms wrapping themselves around me, I relaxed into them knowing it was kris.

"You look cute when you get mad and I can't stay angry when you look so edible".

"Edible?, you're serving me some major mole man vibe".

"Don't be ridiculous, you know what I mean". He said softly.

I turned around so I was facing him,"I do know what you mean".

I stood on my tipy toes and pressed a light kiss to his lips and just like that, the gloom that we seemed to have fallen into was lifted.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing different games and he got me a cute silver necklace with an infinity pendant with the tickets he won and I got him a ring with "LORD OF THE GUNS" inscribed on it. It was tacky, I know but I loved it and he didn't seem to mind.

We stopped at a drive through and ordered hamburgers and a giant chocolate milkshake. Cheesy, I know.

We drove aimlessly round my neighborhood and I listened to him tell some funny stories and jokes that were just downright comical and some that had me confused and disgusted, like what the hell were the thinking.

We eventually pulled up in front of my house. I was reluctant to leave him but all good things had to come to an end. Kris walked me to the door and kissed me good night before leaving.

I was greeted to the sight of my brother curled up on the couch reading when I entered the house.

"I love you sooyoung, and I hate knowing how bad this thing you have going on is going to turn out".

"I know my secret would come out eventually but I hope it happens when I'm done, but for now, I'm going to enjoy it while I can". I sighed and bent down to kiss his forehead.

He dropped the book he was reading and stood up to give me a hug.