8

Something New [Junior Year]

It was sure tiring to listen to your older brother’s lessons. It was worse than listening to Math class. Okay, that’s exaggerated; Math is still the worst. You were feeling better and your fever had gone down. You walked out of the apartment to be greeted by a patiently waiting Kim Myungsoo.

“What are you doing here?” You asked totally surprised.

He just started walking and you followed him. “Didn’t I tell you to respond when I’m asking?”

When you two entered the gates, of course, the students were being suspicious seeing you together.

“Ah, now I get it. Are you trying to get me killed?” You said since you know Doyeon will be really mad if she knows about this.

*It’s frustrating to talk with someone who just ignores you all the time.* You thought as he left when you reached your locker. As you opened it, a paper fell down. You picked it up and read

Hey, Xiao. It’s Sungjong. Can we talk for a while before classes starts? Meet me at the rooftop.

After getting your things, you went to the rooftop to find it empty.

“Sungjong-ah~ I’m here!” You shouted but received no response.

You turned your heels to leave but someone locked the doors. Your insides started panicking but you tried to stay calm. “Someone’s out here. Please open the door.”

It was silent for a moment then someone spoke up. “Hey, sweetie. Was my warning not enough? You’re being a nuisance to me, so I have no choice but to get rid of you.”

“Kim Doyeon? What did I ever do to you? Myungsoo doesn’t like me and I don’t like him too. What is your problem?”

“Oh, I guess you don’t know anything. I think you’ll die without knowing the truth. It’s pretty cold out there. Good luck if someone will come to save you.”

You heard her footsteps slowly fading.

“No! Please! Open the door!” You cried. “I can’t leave my Xingtuo gege. I’m the only one he has. Please.”

Your brother is the only one you could ever think of right now. You can’t imagine how miserable he will be if ever something happens to you. You bawled while hugging yourself. You were shivering due to the coldness. You heard the bell rang; classes are going to start.

 

Myungsoo was wondering where you went. After letting you get your things in your locker, he hasn’t seen you.

“What’s wrong, Myung?” Sungyeol asked him.

“Nothing. Sungjong, have you seen Xiao?”

“No, maybe she’s with Jihyun and Minyoung.”

As if on cue, the two mentioned girls entered the room. Xiao was not with them. Myungsoo was starting to panic.

“Hey, Jihyun and Minyoung, have you seen Xiao?” Myungsoo asked.

“No, we just arrived.” They said.

The bell rang, but Myungsoo did not bother. He stood up from his seat.

“Don’t tell anything to Yixing-hyung. Let’s not make him worry.” He told the girls.

“What’s happening?” Minyoung asked, sensing the panic in his voice.

“Just leave this to me.” He said and walked out of the room.

“Myungsoo, where are you going?! Class is about to start!” Sungyeol called.

He ignored him and started to look for you. ** He cursed in his mind. He was not going to waste time; he went to Doyeon’s class and barged in. Thankfully, the teacher hasn’t arrived.

“Where’s Kim Doyeon?!” He raged. Doyeon just entered the room.

“Why are you looking for me, oppa?” She batted her eyelashes.

“Where is Xiaoyu?!”

“I just arrived. How am I supposed to know that?”

“Don’t play with me. I know you’re the one behind this.”

“So what if I am? I don’t care. I won’t utter a single word. She’s probably dying right now somewhere.”

“You won’t get away with this.” With that, he started looking everywhere.

He passed by your locker and noticed a note by the floor. *Rooftop!*

The door was locked when he arrived; he started kicking it and not caring if he sprains his ankle. After a few hits, the door opened. He was greeted by the cold breeze. You were sitting near the door, curled into a ball. He rushed and put his coat around you.

“Hey, Xiaoyu! Xiaoyu, are you alright?” He patted your cheeks lightly since your eyes were closed.

You fluttered your eyes open and were relieved to see that someone came. You immediately hugged him and started crying in his arms.

“Don’t worry; you’re safe now.”

 

After getting an excuse slip, you and Myungsoo were in the cafeteria; he bought you porridge.

“I hate that I’ve been skipping classes.” You frowned.

“You’re not skipping. You have a valid reason to be excused.”

“Thank you, by the way. You saved me twice.”

“You owe me twice.”

You made a face. “How did you know I was there anyway?”

“You stupidly left the trap note on the floor by your locker.”

“You’re indirectly telling me that I’m stupid.” You glared.

He shrugged. “Oh no! Did Jihyun and Minyoung tell my brother?”

“No. I told them not to. Do you want me to buy you strawberry milk?” He asked.

“I have my own money. Plus, how do you know I like strawberry milk?”

He just smirked. “You’re really bipolar.” You said. “Anyway, you should stop being around me. I hate being involved to your lover’s quarrel with Doyeon.”

“Correction: her one-sided love for me. She already started this; she won’t stop until she gets what she wants. We have to be around you so we can make sure of your safety. You don’t want to worry your brother, do you?”

“I hate this. I sound like I’m so weak that everyone needs to look after.”

“You are.”

“I’m not! Why are you being like this? Where did Mr. Ice Prince go?”

“Didn’t the members say? This is who I really am. Mr. Ice Prince is just a façade.”

“Woah~ I’m surprised!” You sarcastically said. “Anyway, how’s your ankle?”

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

“Stubborn.” You muttered. You sat beside him and grabbed his right ankle.

“Yah, it hurts!”

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” You mocked him.  You removed his shoe. “Your foot stinks.” You covered your nose.

“Yah!” He glared.

You just chuckled and started to massage his ankle. “You should apply hot compress immediately when you arrive home and give it some rest.”

“You still owe me twice.” He said.

“I’m not doing this for whatever I owe you. I’m just helping.”

You suddenly felt a pair of soft lips on your cheeks. You looked at him, bewildered.

“Thank you.” He sincerely smiled.

You can feel your cheeks getting hotter.

“You’re cute.” He chuckled.

“Y-yah, b-byuntae.” You stuttered.

He just laughed at you.