4

Something New [Junior Year]

The next day, it was lunch time when Sungjong asked you to give a lunchbox to Myungsoo; he skipped lunch, and according to Sungjong, he was in the music room. You were about to open the door when you heard a guitar playing.

I love you 너를 사랑해

차마 하지 못한                                                                                                                                                               

떨리는 가슴이 맘이                                                                                                                                                                

숨겨왔던 그런말

You entered the room to see a sincerely singing Myungsoo. He stopped playing and looked at you.

“What are you doing here?” He coldly asked.

“Sungjong asked me to give you this.” You lifted the lunchbox you were carrying.

He eyed it and sighed. “Throw it away.”

*WHAT?! IS HE STUPID?* You mentally shouted. “I don’t know what your problem is, but you can’t throw away food.”

He grabbed the lunchbox from your hand and tossed it in the trash bin.

“YAH—“

“Just get out and leave me alone.”

 

You were not in the mood because Mr. Ice Prince ruined it during lunchtime, and to worsen it, you were in P.E. class and the coach told the class to run around the gymnasium for three times.

You, Jihyun, and Minyoung were already out of your breaths; you’ve just gone one and a half rounds when you heard gasps and Sungjong shouting “Hyung!!!” Myungsoo fell unconscious on the ground. He probably skipped lunch, you figured. The coach told everyone to stop. He ordered Sungyeol and Sungjong to bring Myungsoo to the school’s clinic and also warned the other students to not skip meals especially when you need a lot of energy for an upcoming activity. He told the students to have a warm up before dismissing them.

After changing into your school uniform, you decided to buy a sandwich and strawberry milk in the cafeteria. You arrived in the clinic to find Myungsoo already awake. You handed him the food you bought.

“I don’t need those.”

“I don’t want to argue with you. You’re very stubborn. Just eat it.” You put the food back in his hands and left.

*You did not change at all.* Myungsoo sighed as he stared at the food you gave.

 

Arriving home, you found your brother with a stranger. “Gege~ I’m home!”

“Oh, hey, Xiao! I invited my friend here. He works at the same company with me.”

“Hello~ Lay’s baby sister! I’m Luhan.” He bowed.

“Woah~ you’re Chinese! Zhang Xiaoyu-imnida. And what’s ‘Lay’?”

“Yes, I’m Chinese, but I grew up here in South Korea. It’s a nickname we gave to Yixing.”

 “Lay? Why Lay?” You asked.

“Well, because of those Lay’s chips I always love to eat.” Yixing chuckled. “That means I can call you Strawberry since you love Strawberry milk.”

You made a face. “Then, I’ll call you purple unicorn!”

“Unicorn?” Luhan laughed.

“Yeah, he’s a healing unicorn that loves purple. Anyway, Luhan ge, where in China do you live?”

“I’m from Haidian, Beijing. When I turned thirteen, we transferred here.”

“Oooh, so how’s Xingtuo gege at work?”

“Your brother is really talented. He’s really good in composing songs. We actually finished a song today. He’s also good in playing the guitar and piano. His dancing skills are really perfect.”

“Finished a song?! Woah~ daebak! Can I hear a bit?”

“Sure.” Luhan smiled.

ing wei ni de ai                                                                                                                                                                          

rang wo bie shang dao ming thian                                                                                                                                     

ing wei ni de xiao                                                                                                                                                                 

rang wo neng gen dao yong yen                                                                                                                                       

bu ji de neng gao fei duo gao duo yen luo                                                                                                                 

xiwang nimen zai wo de shen bian

 “That sounds really good! You guys are great.”

“I just helped a little. Lay did most of the song.”

“I know I’m great.” Yixing bragged.

“Oh, bro, please, I like Luhan-ge better.”

“Ouch, I’m hurt.”

 

After having dinner with Luhan, he had to go home.

“Thanks for the dinner, Lay! It was nice meeting you, Xiao! Hope you can hangout with us sometimes with the other guys. Bye, good night!” he bid and left.

“Luhan-ge is very nice.”

“Yah, don’t you dare replace your own brother.”

“Well, I don’t know. He’s better-looking though.”

“How can say that in front of me???”

You chuckled at your brother’s childishness. “Just kidding. What does he mean by ‘with the other guys’?”

“Oh, our other workmates. They’re all nice and fun. Actually, four of us are Chinese.”

“Really?! That’s cool! I’d like to meet them all.”

“Ah! I have an idea. Why don’t we hangout with the on Saturday? You don’t have school and we don’t have work.”

“Cool! That will be great!”

“Make sure to not make any meet ups on that day.”

“Ne~!”