1

Something New [Junior Year]

“Xiao! Time to wake up, baby sis.” Your brother knocked on your door.

“5 more minutes.” You groaned.

He opened the door and pulled off your blankets. “Gege!” You whined.

“You have to get up now if you don’t want to be late on your first day.” He warned.

Noticing his attire, you questioned. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to look for a job while you’re in school. You don’t want us to starve to death, do you?”

You just nodded, still half-asleep. “Now, get ready.” He shooed you to the bathroom.

 

If you’re wondering, yes, you and your brother do know how to speak in Korean, not that fluent though. But you have to get used to it since you’re now living in South Korea. The two of you are staying in an affordable apartment, perfect for just the two of you. It’s also near your new school so you can just walk to and from it. You’re now in your third year of high school and you’ll be attending Woollim High, as your brother said.

After getting ready, you went to the dining room to find your brother finished with setting up the breakfast. “Oh, you’re done. C’mon let’s have breakfast together.” He said.

As the two of you were eating, he lectured  “Behave in your new school, okay? Listen well to your teachers, make lots of friends and remember to kick guys’ asses if they try to touch you.”

You gave your brother a ‘what-the-hell’ look. Yes, he’s a brother anyone could dream of, but sometimes, he’s just really unexplainable. “I won’t be able to walk you to school, by the way. I have to clean our apartment before finding a job.”

“Ge, you know you don’t need to walk me to school. I’m old enough.”

“I just thought I could walk you on your first day.” He pouted.

“Ge, stop that. It doesn’t suit you.” You made a face. (A/N: Pouting Yixing looks so cute though x3) “I know you’re worried, but seriously, I’ll be fine. You can be over-reacting sometimes, you know.”

“But you still love me.” He grinned.

“Of course, you’re my brother.” You gave him an ‘obviously’ look.

 

After the ‘lovely’ breakfast with your brother, you arrived in your school. You were honestly nervous with people staring at you. It’s just school, you tried to calm yourself.

“Hi~ you seem new here.” A high-pitched bubbly student appeared in front of you out of nowhere. He was wearing a guy’s uniform but he’s face is way prettier than a girl’s! You were staring at him.

“Oh sorry, did I scare—“

“You’re pretty.” You blurted.

“Thanks, I guess? I get that a lot, so I’m kind of used to it. Lee Sungjong is the name, by the way.” He introduced.

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you. Zhang Xiaoyu, and yes I’m new here.”

“Have you gone to the Principal’s office?”

“Nope, I was just about to go there.”

“C’mon, I’ll accompany you. I’m willing to be your tour guide for the day.” He grabbed your wrist and dragged you.

 

After getting your schedule, you and Sungjong walked to your class. “I’m so glad we’re in the same class! Plus, I’m your very first friend here in school.”

“Yeah, I was nervous I won’t be able to make friends.”

“Don’t worry, I have six more hyungs and I’m sure they’ll welcome you as a new friend! Come and join us at lunch later, ne?”

“Yeah sure, thanks.” The two of you entered the room, at the same time as the homeroom teacher.

“You must be the new student, Miss Zhang Xiaoyu.” She gestured you to introduce yourself to the class.

“Annyeonghaseyo~ I’m Zhang Xiaoyu. I’m not that fluent in speaking Korean. Please take care of me.” You bowed.

“You may seat behind Minyoung.” The teacher said. The Minyoung girl raised her hand so you can find her. She was actually sitting beside Sungjong. You can see that he was very happy that you’re seat is near his.

“Xiao~ this is Minyoungie! She’s our friend too. I hope you two will get along. You need some girl friends too.” He winked as you take your seat.

“Lee Minyoung-imnida.”

“Zhang Xiaoyu-imnida.” You noticed the seat beside you was empty.

Sungjong probably noticed it too since he questioned “Oh, hyung hasn’t arrived yet?” more likely to himself.

You decided to just ignore it and focused to the teacher’s lesson. Fifteen minutes later, the door opened, catching everyone’s attention.

“I’m sorry for being late.” He bowed to the teacher and handed a letter, probably an excuse letter for being late. He then walked to his seat which is beside yours as the teacher continued with her lecture.

“Hyung, why are you late?” Sungjong questioned him. He’s one of those six hyungs, you guessed.

“It was Sunggyu-hyung’s fault! I’ll tell you guys later at lunch.” He said, obviously irritated.

“Oh, you have a seatmate now, by the way! She’s new here and she’s our new friend!”

The guy turned to look at you; he looks so handsome up close. You were speechless, but managed to introduce since you don’t want to embarrass yourself. “Zhang Xiaoyu.”

“L.” He coldly replied and started to listen to the teacher. You confusedly looked at him.

“That’s his nickname. Kim Myungsoo is his real name. His behavior is naturally like that. Just ignore it, I do.” Sungjong answered for him. Myungsoo gave him a stern look though.

 

The morning class was finally done! Everyone was getting ready to have lunch.

“Xiao~ I’ll go first, ne? Please have lunch with us; I’ll wait for you! Don’t get lost~” He chirped as he skipped out of the classroom.

 

As you finished organizing your things in your locker, you made your way to the cafeteria. You stopped in your tracks when you saw a girl being bullied. You walked to them, but when the bully saw you coming, she let go of her and left.

“Hey, did she hurt you anywhere?” You offered your hand.

She hesitantly grabbed your hand as you pulled her up. “No, not really. She always does that to anyone she likes, and I’m used to it.”

You frowned at the idea. “Why is she like that? And why do the students let her?”

“She’s a queenka and everyone’s scared of her.”

You made a face. You’re not the type of person who would be scared of someone like that. Who are they to rule other people’s lives, right?

“I’m Kang Jihyun, by the way. Thanks for helping me. You’re the new student, right? We’re actually in the same class.” She introduced.

“Oh yeah, I’m Zhang Xiaoyu. Do you mind to have lunch together?” You offered.

“No, not at all. I’ll be glad to have lunch with a friend.” She smiled and the two of you went to the cafeteria.