2

Something New [Junior Year]

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria…

“Sunggyu-hyung told me last night that he won’t go to work today, so I didn’t set my alarm clock because I know he would wake me up. But to my surprise, I woke up 10 minutes before class starts! I totally rushed! When I got out of the room, hyung was shocked to see me, he thought I already left. He was also in a rush; he said he received a sudden a call that he was needed at work. I was really mad at him for not waking me up so I made him write an excuse letter.” Myungsoo told his friends, still annoyed about the fact that he was late.

“I’m surprised you woke up on your own.” Dongwoo said.

“Speak for yourself, hyung. You are a hard-sleeper, too. Why did you guys not even bother to wake me up?” Myungsoo retorted.

“Since when did we wake each other up? Plus, you said it yourself; it’s frustrating to wake up a hard-sleeper like you.” Woohyun said.

“Why is being late even a big deal to you?” Hoya asked.

“You do know I hate getting detention.”

“But you didn’t, so shut up now, grumpy .” Sungyeol told him.

“Hyung, did you see where Xiaoyu go? You left the room later than I did.” Sungjong asked out of the blue, obviously not listening to the conversation.

“Who’s that?” Hoya asked the worried maknae.

“The new student from China; she’s in our class.” Sungyeol answered.

“I introduced her to Minyoung; I hope they’ll get along with each other.” Sungjong told Woohyun.

“Speaking of Minyoung, where is she?” Woohyun asked.

“She said she was asked to do some stuff in the library. Ey~ hyung’s worried!” The maknae teased.

Woohyun just rolled his eyes at him. The cafeteria door opened, catching their attention and lighting up the maknae.

“Xiao! Where have you been? I was worried you got lost!” He pouted.

“Sorry. I had to help Jihyun. She’s my new friend.” You gestured Jihyun to introduce.

You can see that she was a bit surprised when she saw Sungjong.

“Oh, I know her. Hi, Jihyun! It’s very nice to hear Xiao made a new friend.”

“Sungjongie, is it alright if I have lunch with her for today?”

“Sure! We still have some other time. Like I said, you need girl friends too! See you later!” He skipped to their table.

 

“Are you hitting on her?” Sungyeol asked as Sungjong sat down.

“What?! No!”

“Sungyeol, you do know our Sungjongie is a girl too.” Hoya teased.

“Hyung!” Sungjong whined as the rest of the boys laughed.

“She’s pretty.” Dongwoo commented.

“Yeah, she is. Myungsoo’s lucky to be her seatmate.” Sungyeol said.

“But she’s unlucky to have him as her seatmate.” Woohyun added.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Myungsoo asked the tree(Namu kekeke).

“I mean it’s because you’re the infamous ‘Ice Prince’.” The tree explained.

“At least you can see her all day every day. We’re unlucky to be a year higher than you guys.” Hoya said.

“YOU guys should stop hitting on my friend.” Sungjong said.

“Aw, it’s alright maknae. No need to be jealous; you’re still the prettiest for us.” Sungyeol teased.

“HYUNG!” And the rest of his friends laughed again.

 

After getting your lunch, you and Jihyun found a table for you two.

“So you’re friends with Lee Sungjong?” She asked.

“Yeah, he’s my first friend here. Why? Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing…he’s just…you know…a kingka. I’m friends with them too, but I barely hangout with them in school.”

“He is?! I didn’t know that. Oh, why?” You were not really aware of it.

“He and his friends are called INFINITE. They are the kingkas here in our school, but they’re not badass’s like they say in stories. They are nice and friendly. It’s just hard to be their friend because of their fangirls.” She explained.

“Oh, so how many boys are included in this so-called INFINITE?”

“They are seven boys, but one of them had graduated last year so there are only six of them here. Kim Sunggyu is his name.” She grabbed her phone from her pocket and showed you a picture of the guy.

“Uh, why do you have a picture of him?”

“He’s my cousin. Sungjong is the maknae in their group; as you can see on their table, there are five more guys. That Ice Prince, your seatmate, is Kim Myungsoo. He’s the visual and people call him L for I don’t know what reason. Beside him, the tall guy is Lee Sungyeol, he’s such a choding. Next is Jang Dongwoo, he’s somewhat a happy virus. Then, Lee Howon or Hoya, he loves purple too much. Last but not the least is Nam Woohyun, a living grease ball.” She introduced each member.

“Why are they kingkas?”

“Obviously, good looks…they’re pretty talented too. They can be an idol group.”

“So, do you like any of them?” You teased.

Jihyun choked on her food. “No way! They are just my friends.”

“So, that’s how you know each other.”

“We actually won’t be friends if not because of someone.”

“Who?” You asked.

“You’ll know some day.” She patted your head.

 

After having lunch, the two of you arrived in your classroom. Minyoung entered the room at the same time.

“Minyoung-ah! You should excuse yourself to get some lunch!” Sungjong told her.

“No, I am alright, Jongie.”

“No, you’re not! It’s not good to skip meals.”

Upon hearing them, you grabbed the sandwich you bought earlier and handed it to Minyoung. “You can have this, Minyoung.”

“No no, it’s yours. I’m fine, really.”

You grabbed her hand and placed the sandwich on her palm. “Sungjong is right. It’s not good to skip meals. At least, eat this.” You gave her a smile.

“Thanks…Xiao.”

 

After some long boring hours, first day is finally done! You felt your phone vibrated so you read the message.

From: Xingtuo Gege

Xiao~ I’ll be waiting for you at the school gates~ ;) <3

 

You smiled at the message. You grabbed your things and walked to your locker.

“Hey, Xiao~ want to hangout?” Minyoung called.

“What hangout is that? Why am I not informed? I want to join~” Jihyun said.

“Uh…actually…I would like to…but my brother is waiting for me.” You apologetically smiled.

“Is that so? Why don’t we hangout at your place?” Minyoung suggested.

“Yeah, that will be great!” Jihyun agreed.

“Sure!!! That will be fun.” You brightened up at the idea. You really did want to have fun and get to know more about them.