12

Something New [Junior Year]

The next day, you woke up extra early because you thought of making lunch for the Infinite boys, Jihyun, and Minyoung.

You were already packing the lunch boxes when your brother woke up.

“Oh, Xiaoyu! Why are you up so early?” He asked still half-asleep.

You chuckled. “I made lunch for my friends. Gege, I think you should wash up first.” You pushed him to the bathroom. “I’ll wake the girls up!” You went to your room to find your friends still in dreamland.

“Minyoung-ah~ Jihyun-ah~ wake up!” You slapped their butts.

“Five more minutes.” They groaned.

*Ah, this must how Yixing-gege feels every time he wakes me up.* You thought.

“Oh, Woohyun-oppa! What brings you here?” You shouted.

“Huh?! What?! Where?!” Minyoung shot up.

You laughed out loud. “OMG. You look hilarious.”

She glared at you. “It’s not funny.”

“You won’t wake up. I had no choice.” You shrugged.

“Ji, wake up! Don’t make me call Chunji here.” Minyoung shook Jihyun harshly.

“Now that we know each other’s secrets, there’s more fun to teasing.” You laughed.

“Yah, remember that you’ll treat us once you and Myungsoo get together.” Jihyun said as she rubbed her eyes.

“Whatever. C’mon, let’s have breakfast.”

 

The three of you were on your way out of the apartment and were ready to go to school.

“Isn’t that…Myungsoo?” Jihyun pointed to a guy waiting outside.

He looked up. It was Myungsoo! He smiled when he saw you.

“Wow, I can’t believe you two are not a couple. Woohyun-oppa doesn’t even do that to me every day.” Minyoung said.

“He’s just being overprotective…like Yixing gege.” You said.

“Good morning, girls!” He greeted as you reached him.

Your two girl friends have this mischievous smirk on their faces. “Oh hey, Myungsoo! Good morning. What are you doing here so early?” Minyoung asked.

“Oh, I walk with Xiaoyu to school every day.”

“Is that so? I guess we’ll be going first.” Jihyun dragged Minyoung.

“We can go all together.” You said, aware of their evil plan.

“Oh, Jihyun has to pass by somewhere first, right?” Minyoung turned to Jihyun.

“Yes, she’s right. See you two later!” Jihyun said.

You shook your head in disbelief. Best friends are indeed best friends.

“What’s that?” Myungsoo asked, pointing to the lunchboxes you made.

“Oh, I made you guys lunchboxes.” You cheered.

“Really? I can’t wait for lunch then. I’m sure this tastes delicious unlike Doyeon’s. Let me carry those.” He grabbed the lunchboxes from you and started walking. “So how was your ‘study’ night?”

“I was right. We didn’t study. We just talked about our personal and love lives.”

“Love lives? Those two have love lives?”

“It’s our secret.” You meronged.

“Then what about you? You have one? I thought you never had after your ex back in freshman year.”

“No, I don’t. They’re just teasing me.”

“To whom? Don’t you dare cheat on me.” He pouted.

“Wai—what?!” You laughed. “Don’t pout. It looks funny. And what ‘cheating on me’? I have nothing to do with you.”

“Hey, I am cute! Don’t laugh at me. You’re mine~” He squished you in his embrace.

“Myung. I. Can’t. Breathe.” You didn’t notice you two have arrived in the campus. “Yah, let me go. They are staring.”

He finally let you go. “Don’t worry; you know I’m always here if they try to hurt you.”

“It’s either you ate something wrong or you’re really bipolar.”

He just shrugged and went inside the classroom. Before you can even enter the classroom, someone circled their arm around yours; it was your best friends.

“You guys are so sweet. We’ve been stalking you two.” Minyoung squealed.

“What?! Seriously, guys???”

“Yeah, we heard each and every conversation you two made.” Jihyun winked.

“If you two continue this, I won’t give you the lunchboxes I made.” You threatened.

“Whatever you say, Xiaoyu~” They giggled.

 

At lunchtime, the three of you tabled with the boys. You gave them the lunchboxes you made and ate all together.

“Best lunch ever!” Sungjong cheered.

“Woah~ this is really delicious, Xiao!!!” Dongwoo said.

“Thanks, Xiao~ this is really good.” Woohyun said.

“You should make us every day like Doyeon does!” Sungyeol said.

“Unlike Doyeon, she made it for all of us, not just for L and of course, it is edible and delicious!” Hoya said.

“Guys, will you all stop? You’re all being selfish. She’ll be very tired if you ask her to do this every day.” Myungsoo frowned.

“Oooh, boyfie is worried.” Minyoung teased.

“Did you know she wake up very early to just make this?” Jihyun added.

You glared at them. “See? She won’t get enough sleep just because of this!” Myungsoo whined.

“Myung, you’re overreacting. Don’t worry guys, I will make you once in a week. Will that be alright?” You asked.

“Of course, thanks, Xiaoyu!!!” They cheered. You honestly felt happy that they like your food.