5

Something New [Junior Year]

You arrived in school with students welcoming you with unexplainable looks on their faces: worried, scared, shocked, etc. You felt uncomfortable since they kept on muttering.

Your thoughts were interrupted, “Xiaoyu!!!” then felt someone pulled your arm and ended up in his embrace. You looked up. “Hoya-sunbae?”

“Are you alright?” He asked with an obvious worried tone.

You didn’t know what exactly happened. You looked around to see a broken pot on the ground. Your eyes widened. *What is happening? I can’t remember doing something wrong.*

“Y-yes, I am. Thanks.” You pulled away.

“Xiaoyu, what happened?” Dongwoo came running.

“I don’t know either.”

“Xiao! Xiao! Your locker is a mess!” Jihyun dragged you with her.

Your locker had doodles on it. You were very confused. You can see Minyoung in your classroom cleaning your desk; it must have some doodles too.

“Who did this?” You asked.

“Well, there’s only one person I know.” Minyoung stated as she sat on her seat. “I knew hanging out with you guys is a wrong idea.” She turned to Sungjong.

He sighed. “Don’t tell me it’s her.”

“Who else? She’s the only who would do this.”

“Guys, can you tell me what’s happening?” You asked kind of getting scared. The bell rang.

“We’ll explain later at lunch.” Sungjong patted your back.

 

It was lunch time, and you can’t wait to know what the hell is going on. You, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Jihyun, and Minyoung went to the cafeteria. Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Hoya were already there.

“Where’s Myung?” Dongwoo asked.

“Probably in the music room again.” Sungyeol said.

“Forget about him, we have a worse problem to handle.” Minyoung said.

“Hoya told us what happened earlier.” Woohyun informed.

“It was her who did it.” Jihyun said.

“How can you be so sure?” Sungyeol asked.

“Can you guys explain what’s happening first?” You whined.

“You see, we have fangirls, right? They may overreact at times, but they’re really nice. There’s just this one girl who’s really obsessed.” Hoya said.

“But luckily for us, she doesn’t care about the whole group. She just wants Myungsoo, he and only him.” Sungyeol added.

“That sounds really scary.” You shivered at the thought. “Then why is she doing this to me? Because I’m his seatmate?”

“Have you ever been alone with Myung?” Woohyun asked.

You tried to remember. “Oh, there was once when Sungjong asked me to give him a lunchbox.”

“Oh, that lunchbox.” Dongwoo laughed.

“What’s the matter with it? I was mad when he threw it. How can he waste food?” You asked.

“Oh dear, that’s from her. She cooks Myungsoo lunch every day.” Jihyun said.

“And don’t worry about throwing it away; it’s not food. I don’t even know what she puts in there. Is it even edible?” Minyoung made a face.

“There was also a time when he passed out, I bought him some food. Who’s this girl anyway?” You asked.

“She’s a junior like us, but in a different class. Her name is Kim Doyeon.” Minyoung said.

“Remember the bully on first day, when you helped me? It was her.” Jihyun told you.

“But something is off…” Sungjong said, thinking really hard. “She won’t go this far just because of that. There must be something that has happened.”

“What is it?” You asked.

“I’ll talk to L-hyung later.” He said.

All of you were curious on what’s Sungjong was thinking.